06-26-2012, 10:06 PM
First, let's start off with the two challengers:

Me:
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b47/Imp_X/PF1.jpg

Rival:

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b47/Imp_X/PF2.jpg

Then the results:

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b47/Imp_X/PF4.jpg

Nearly $300k picked up. Lost only Warthogs and Snipers. I thought I took a pic of the most impressive take, but guess the ol' iPad didn't keep it. :( Notice the large disparity between my attack and his defense. I took the level 3 OR in three hits, no failed raids. Largely due to my 150 attack skill points. I run with about 80% meat shields, this is my strategy. So far so good-just wanted to share a bit of how things are in my game. Not a gloat, just a bit of evidence that this works. After re-jigging my valor:meatshield ratio again (I try to keep 1:4, things got out of whack though...) I'll post up results. Low power, run and gun. Building my econ bit by bit with this raid cash. Big bad gold spenders can shoot, but there is nothing to take-I collect on time. Other than them, not many times I've been tagged badly. It's not about stats...

bushobama
06-27-2012, 02:21 AM
nice dood. at that level you get 200+ BP for a single raid?? geez. down here at lvl 67 I'm getting about 50 BP on a good raid or attack, and that's only against a high rank than I.. Also, are most players at your level about the same A/D as you? I'm at A20k/D21k at level 67 and was thinkin I should bulk way up before I reach lvl 100..

Hassleham
06-27-2012, 03:09 AM
nice dood. at that level you get 200+ BP for a single raid?? geez. down here at lvl 67 I'm getting about 50 BP on a good raid or attack, and that's only against a high rank than I.. Also, are most players at your level about the same A/D as you? I'm at A20k/D21k at level 67 and was thinkin I should bulk way up before I reach lvl 100..

That's because his opponents defence was 30% higher than his attack. If you can find someone on your rivals list with defence that much higher than your attack, you'll get a similar number of BP if you beat them.

And nice one Johnny, i also have my skill points focussed on attack. Can you tell me all your skill levels please?

Agent Orange
06-27-2012, 06:22 AM
You sure you want to share that much tactical information?

JMC
06-27-2012, 07:26 AM
It is quite likely that you will be successful in raids against people with up to 30% more defence than you. Regardless of skill points. That was on the line though, good possibility of a loss.

What?
06-27-2012, 07:45 AM
People with lower stats always seem to win raids. Even 10-20k less stats. Not so sure why, but it is good when raiding and bad when getting raided. So it is a trade off.

JMC
06-27-2012, 08:29 AM
I'm not sure why they made the range so large. Basically makes boost buildings almost useless in terms of defence, if the person is willing to take the losses from raiding them.

Something like winning against a player with 10-15% more defence in raids, about 30% of the time would be more reasonable. It should not be easy to take someone down that is much more powerful than you.

Right now it's pretty much almost a 100% chance you'll win up to 20% more defence than you, then the next 10% is iffy, but possible.

Hassleham
06-27-2012, 03:31 PM
I'm not sure why they made the range so large. Basically makes boost buildings almost useless in terms of defence, if the person is willing to take the losses from raiding them.

Something like winning against a player with 10-15% more defence in raids, about 30% of the time would be more reasonable. It should not be easy to take someone down that is much more powerful than you.

Right now it's pretty much almost a 100% chance you'll win up to 20% more defence than you, then the next 10% is iffy, but possible.

But if you get raided then it's your own fault for not collecting the building in time. If they made it more difficult to raid stronger players then there would be no point in raiding at all and they would be better off just making the buildings auto-collect their income, making the game more boring.

JohnnyR
07-09-2012, 07:05 PM
Again:

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b47/Imp_X/RaidAEdit.png
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b47/Imp_X/RaidBEdit.png
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b47/Imp_X/RaidCEdit.png

I was longing after his over vault cash, so close yet so far. Went looking for boost buildings to possibly take down and go after his cash-found his Naval Research-after much eye squinting and zooming found it to be only level 1!!! Accidentally hit his level 1 OR and what do you know-I can raid this guy. Decided to go after the level 2 OR next to it and bagged it in three hits. Not a single loss. Normally if I'd lose, it'd be after two successful hits, however I was able to go 4 hits without a loss. Nothing else worth raiding, so I decide to hit him-lost. Three times, lol. Gave back my BPs gained, but an experience worth while.

I think this is the very very edge of successfully raiding someone over your stats. Biggest difference in attack vs. defense I've successfully come across.

JohnnyR
07-09-2012, 07:08 PM
That's because his opponents defence was 30% higher than his attack. If you can find someone on your rivals list with defence that much higher than your attack, you'll get a similar number of BP if you beat them.

And nice one Johnny, i also have my skill points focussed on attack. Can you tell me all your skill levels please?

Thanks Hassleham, and apologies-I had forgot all about his thread till I came across the current victim, lol.

Current Skill Point line up:

Attack: 143 (I said 150 prior, however I think the "50" in my defense skill point got in my head)
Defense: 50
Energy: 1400
Stamina: 30

Mcdoc
Good Job man! Hopefully you are upgrading all 4 unit type boosting buildings - I am 97k defense - working my way up to 100k! Every little bit helps.

Jp lfs
JohnnyR you are gutsy and bold. I am proud to be your ally!

JohnnyR
07-09-2012, 07:23 PM
Good Job man! Hopefully you are upgrading all 4 unit type boosting buildings - I am 97k defense - working my way up to 100k! Every little bit helps.

Currently working on my Naval and Infantry boost-got my Air pretty decent. I'm thinking a good infantry boost might let me use Seals to keep SSD from entering battle, that is if I find enough lvl 3 OR or above to raid... Heck, I just might switch to China and stick with Flamethrowers.

Composites, this freaking building-I swear is the most valuable in the whole game. I'd give up an Oil Rig and all my ground units for this thing! It's the only reason I haven't been tagged badly, except by one dude...argh...

Tis good to see your sig and av man!

And jp-thanks! Looooove pushing it to the edge in terms of different strategies. And brave? Holy crap, I wouldn't even touch YOUR base, lol! Damn, you and McDoc are running neck and neck it appears!

Jp lfs
07-09-2012, 07:43 PM
Between you, me, and Q, I often wonder if we are hitting the same bases sometimes. I will get one or two raids in and then suddenly it's empty! Ok, ok, maybe the player collected, but I always wonder if one of my fellow base-raiders is on the same Lvl 3-5 Oil Rig as I am!

JohnnyR
07-09-2012, 07:46 PM
Between you, me, and Q, I often wonder if we are hitting the same bases sometimes. I will get one or two raids in and then suddenly it's empty! Ok, ok, maybe the player collected, but I always wonder if one of my fellow base-raiders is on the same Lvl 3-5 Oil Rig as I am!

I wonder the same thing, gawd it's a pisser when it's the last freaking hit!!! Aaaaacccckkkk!!!! lol!

Usually I try to attack the rival at that point, see if he's still carrying around the cash-never get any that way though. :(

Corsair
07-09-2012, 10:30 PM
I'm not sure why they made the range so large. Basically makes boost buildings almost useless in terms of defence, if the person is willing to take the losses from raiding them.Based on the calculations posted by Hello Kitty, boost buildings do not do anything for defense. Here's the link to the post: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?23637-Total-Profile-Attack-and-defense-stats-vs-A-D-of-units-bought-doesn-t-add-up.&p=161453&viewfull=1#post161453

Boost buildings and country only apply to attack. So rival D stats are close to their actual stats, much more so than their attack.

This is the least known yet most important post on this board, IMO.

JohnnyR
07-09-2012, 11:04 PM
Corsair,

According to Q Raider, my a/d score from what he's seeing is 31,531/35,394
On my end it reads 34,031/43,213.

I'm Russia, with a level 7 composites, level 3 naval, level 5 hangar. 7819 point difference in defense, about 22% increase, which is about right with the boosts I have. Maybe I'll feel up to sticking all this in the spreadsheet, but the most affected stat for me IS the defense stat.

Corsair
07-09-2012, 11:29 PM
Like I said in the FAQ thread, I was under the impression Kitty's numbers were dead on with that math, but I haven't double checked. Will be good to hear what others find, as it's a pretty big deal either way.