PDA

View Full Version : Can someone please explain this to me!!!

CAPT.GIN
06-26-2012, 04:12 PM
Why is it that when ever a event starts in MW, it's impossible to find crates!!! I know a lot of you have crates but a lot of us also don't! An why is it that when the event is almost over like the two last days or something crates pop up left and rite from raids mission and pvp... Is it a glitch or something??? Are the MW events broken??? This never happens in cc and the other game. This is really ticking me off...

War Priest
06-26-2012, 04:14 PM
Different drop rates for different missions...

What is the energy required for the missions your doing?

CAPT.GIN
06-26-2012, 04:15 PM
Different drop rates for different missions...

What is the energy required for the missions your doing?

I've been doing a lot of high energy missions WP... But still no crates! I've done like 20 raids today and 30 pvp's and still no crates it's driving me crazy!!!

CAPT.GIN
06-26-2012, 04:16 PM
All day I've only got one crate! Does the game hate me?

War Priest
06-26-2012, 04:17 PM
I've been doing a lot of high energy missions WP... But still no crates! I've done like 20 raids today and 30 pvp's and still no crates it's driving me crazy!!!

If the person doesn't have a box, then one won't drop. ( I know that has been discussed but I am pretty sure I am right on this... )

Just do normal missions. That's what I have done for like the last 5 events and haven't really had a problem.

CAPT.GIN
06-26-2012, 04:21 PM
But WP I've been doing missions on central Asia north and south Africa and still no crates... What am I doing wrong???

Dr. Dengus
06-26-2012, 04:23 PM
Are you targeting players on the PvP list who are ranked somewhat decently? You can usually narrow down most of the active players this way. It's also a possibility you are in a lvl/ally bracket with not too many active players to prey upon, or just people like you having bad luck getting boxes in PvE.

CAPT.GIN
06-26-2012, 04:25 PM
Are you targeting players on the PvP list who are ranked somewhat decently? You can usually narrow down most of the active players this way. It's also a possibility you are in a lvl/ally bracket with not too many active players to prey upon, or just people like you having bad luck getting boxes in PvE.

That might be the problem dr... I'm really only been attacking the campers that also might be the problem, but a lot of the campers had high pvp rankings for there level...

War Priest
06-26-2012, 04:27 PM
That might be the problem dr... I'm really only been attacking the campers that also might be the problem, but a lot of the campers had high pvp rankings for there level...

Attack people on your newsfeed, you at least know they are active players.

Fifth Reich
06-26-2012, 04:31 PM
When I see a weak person without boost buildings, many unraided buildings, or event units then I'm pretty sure they are dead.

Lt. Falcon
06-26-2012, 05:23 PM
Don't try to raid/attack people who don't atleast have the first prize in the event, most likely they don't have crates. Also, I havenoticed in the "goals" that relate to mission maps drop crates for me as well. I'm now on 7 night goggles and have been doing that nearly every event without any problems.

Lt. Falcon
06-26-2012, 05:24 PM
And a lot of campers skip events because it causes them to level up more quickly, so you're probably SOL if you hunt them.

Agent Orange
06-26-2012, 05:27 PM
Why is it that when ever a event starts in MW, it's impossible to find crates!!! I know a lot of you have crates but a lot of us also don't! An why is it that when the event is almost over like the two last days or something crates pop up left and rite from raids mission and pvp... Is it a glitch or something??? Are the MW events broken??? This never happens in cc and the other game. This is really ticking me off...

Tell me what you are hitting, I've been avoiding finding crates because I'm bored with these dangling carrots. My LLP has been taking a lot from the Tub Boat in the Caribbean Straits.

Johnny70
06-26-2012, 05:29 PM
sorry for the stupid question in advance, what level do you have to be to get the event?

Kara T
06-26-2012, 05:37 PM
But WP I've been doing missions on central Asia north and south Africa and still no crates... What am I doing wrong???

Hi Gin....give the Steel Plant map a go.....I have had high drop rates so far with the low energy targets. (red supply crate, storage silo, armed hick, etc). Only hit them enough times to drop the loot or cash and then move on to the next one.....no guarantees, but it has worked for me.

Corsair
06-26-2012, 06:21 PM
I know what you mean, the last 3 or 4 events have been tough for me at the start, but this one has been anything but. My next goal mission was Comrade Yaroshenko in train yard, 8 hits gave me 7 crates. 1 or 2 more in PvP but haven't really tried there. Going to have to reload soon. The missions usually pay off eventually.

CAPT.GIN
06-26-2012, 06:42 PM
Tell me what you are hitting, I've been avoiding finding crates because I'm bored with these dangling carrots. My LLP has been taking a lot from the Tub Boat in the Caribbean Straits.

Big O I've been hitting everything bro!!! Pretty much every high level energy mission on my level... I don't know what to do anymore...

What?
06-26-2012, 06:50 PM
When the event first starts the only way to get crates is pve using energy. The reason for this is if someone doesn't have a crate raiding and attacking will not yield anything. Best thing to do when the event starts is go straight to pve and try to find a target with 300 or more energy and hope one drops. The second or third day you shouldn't have any problems getting crates from people because by that time the crates have been dispersed. I would like it if developers on the forums gave us a little heads up so I could store my energy. A simple announcement before it happens could give players a chance to save up on energy before it starts. This event and a few before started and I already spent all my energy throughout the day. It took 6 hours before I saw my first crate this time.

JohnnyR
06-26-2012, 07:15 PM
In the beginning of the event I usually look for rivals with 1 one and 3 hour collection buildings, EPPs, Armories, Oil Derricks, Silos, Supply Depots, etc-that are collected. Means they're active and might be holding a few crates, even if it's too early to spot event items. It's a pain to go through every inventory when the prize units look the same...for me anyway.

albeezy
06-26-2012, 08:12 PM
Big O I've been hitting everything bro!!! Pretty much every high level energy mission on my level... I don't know what to do anymore...
The tugboat in the Caribbean Straits drops them regularly for me. Also, don't be upset but I just snagged about 8 boxes doing PVP in the last hour or so. 5 from one guy. Bet he is pissed. Oh well. They will be stolen from me unless I manage to get all of them open tonight.

Good Luck All! I only have 6 goggles so far.

CAPT.GIN
06-26-2012, 09:00 PM
You guys gotta remember I'm only at level 36....

Kudu22
06-26-2012, 09:07 PM
Capt. Gin I am also level 36 now from leveling up. I know what you are going thru. I found 3 but it is taking me to level up so fast for finding little. I am getting close to 37 now and if this doesn't change I am stopping.

albeezy
06-26-2012, 09:44 PM
You guys gotta remember I'm only at level 36....
And all of this time I thought I had to remember that leveling up is just part of crate events and that you have to be willing to level up to play the crate events...Silly me! The funny thing is, I can't wait to level up during crate events because I get an energy refil which means more boxes to open! Campers camp, players play crate events.

To be fair though, I must admit that I try to not do PVP when a crate event is not going on, and I try to time my PVE so that I level up right after a crate event starts (again for the energy refill).

Jp lfs
06-26-2012, 09:48 PM
Actually, PvP'ing during an event is a good idea, because they lower the casualty rates during events. So camp between, and go all out during to maximize your profit/loss.

Tate
06-26-2012, 09:51 PM
Very good point jp, also, if you don't want to lvl too fast, PvP is the way to go for crates. Just picked up 7 and only gained about 300 experience points. Gotta like that

Tate
06-26-2012, 09:55 PM
I've been doing a lot of high energy missions WP... But still no crates! I've done like 20 raids today and 30 pvp's and still no crates it's driving me crazy!!!. You should check their inventory to see if they participate in the events, see if they have any of the units from the last event. I know this takes longer but it does work. Sometimes you have to hit them 4 or 5 times but sometimes, only 1 hit will give you a crate. I have less luck in pve lately but I got to 10 and 9 in the past 2 events by doing it this way. Never held more than 10-12 boxes/crates either. Besides, I don't want to level too fast until I get my nanos built and upgraded. I'm pretty comfy ATM.

CAPT.GIN
06-26-2012, 10:20 PM
Actually, PvP'ing during an event is a good idea, because they lower the casualty rates during events. So camp between, and go all out during to maximize your profit/loss.

Thank you Jp I dident know that info... You thought me something new today...

Saint Anger
06-26-2012, 10:32 PM
I am with Gin on this one.... I have been having terrible luck finding crates. I am mostly doing PvE in the Marketplace, Boneyard, Emir Island. I am having a bit more luck in PvP, but not much. At only 3 goggles so far, I doubt I will get past 7 this time.

bushobama
06-26-2012, 10:37 PM
CAPT- I don't know if emir island is unlocked for you yet, but I hit the sub on that map and always have a good return on crates... the real problem is opening them for me, I got 5/5 sorrys at the outset of the tournament..

spectra
06-26-2012, 11:22 PM

GIN I personally usually hit the Naval map, and get a box every 2-3 hits (370 energy per hit)

mickymacirl
06-27-2012, 12:55 AM
I'd have to agree with WP, don't seem to have any problems finding boxes, in fact, I stop missions because I do not like to carry that many boxes.. last event I had over 450 at the end.

I just hit sewage processor in Bom 3 times and got 3 boxes.

Q Raider
06-27-2012, 04:10 AM
All I can suggest is go for the highest couple of energy selections for your level, single hit maybe a bit better percentage but been successful on multi hit PVE targets as well.

Along with Micky have never had trouble finding crates and I also took onboard his tip of keeping the quantity low as it really does seem to help with success rate.

Thanks for that tip Micky, hopefully your tenth is not too far away.

The chopper now has first slot in my inventory....will be even better when it starts actually working in the raids. I don't think people realize just how big an advantage that gives you as it will make targets you would normally pass up on a risk reward basis an option.

Hassleham
06-27-2012, 04:17 AM
I've attacked about 50 different high ranked players and still not had a crate..

Q Raider
06-27-2012, 04:24 AM
I've attacked about 50 different high ranked players and still not had a crate..

That is strange I doubt I have gone more than three hits without finding a crate.

I wonder if there is a certain quantity dropped per level and there are a lot of players at the level you are?

Hassleham
06-27-2012, 04:25 AM
WHAT THE F***!??!
I just got my first one from a raid, tapped on it to collect it and it disappeared!

Edit: Just restarted and it's appeared now. Finally have 1 x night goggles!

Jhoemel
06-27-2012, 05:46 AM

Maybe they dont have a crate, i dont have a crate either

Agent Orange
06-27-2012, 06:19 AM
The tugboat in the Caribbean Straits drops them regularly for me. Also, don't be upset but I just snagged about 8 boxes doing PVP in the last hour or so. 5 from one guy. Bet he is pissed. Oh well. They will be stolen from me unless I manage to get all of them open tonight.

Good Luck All! I only have 6 goggles so far.

There is a tactical disadvantage to having too many crates that you can't defend. Stronger players will keep coming back to you and hit you up multiple times. You not only loose crates but more important you loose units. I used to keep hitting someone until they ran out. Now what I see is 1 or 2 hits and if they find nothing they move on.

Agent Orange
06-27-2012, 06:20 AM

Hmmm that might not be very wise move.....

albeezy
06-27-2012, 07:12 AM
There is a tactical disadvantage to having too many crates that you can't defend. Stronger players will keep coming back to you and hit you up multiple times. You not only loose crates but more important you loose units. I used to keep hitting someone until they ran out. Now what I see is 1 or 2 hits and if they find nothing they move on.
In my case I have decent A/D (38K each), but there are so many players in the 50k+ range that I frequently get attacked by rivals looking for boxes during events. So it is beneficial for me to keep a lot of boxes because they disappear quickly. For instance, I had 9 when I went to sleep last night and woke up with 4. Also, I hate to run out of boxes and not have any energy left, forcing me to doo PVP and increase my casualties. If I can load up on Boxes on day 2 and then save my energy so that I always have enough energy to do missions for subsequent boxes I hopefully will always have a box to open when the timer runs out.

On a side note, I just hit the Tugboat in CS 8 times, got 5 venal fighters and a few boxes!

Hassleham
06-27-2012, 08:23 AM
Hmmm that might not be very wise move.....

Why ever not? haha

CAPT.GIN
06-27-2012, 09:07 AM
Thanks guys for all the good feedback... I hope I find some crates today...