PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade 2 buildings at once

Olly1
06-26-2012, 02:11 PM
Kingdom age has an event on with the grand prize being 'upgrade 2 buildings at once'

Keep your eyes peeled folks as we all know the prizes over the 3 platforms eventually cross over...I have a feeling there will be a lot of CC folk going crazy on the spend when it does, probably me included!

Populouspapa
06-26-2012, 02:13 PM
yeah very nice change to the way they run events

enahs1
06-26-2012, 02:14 PM
http://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj499/enahs1237/e926c3b6.jpg
This is what the event looks like, I'm in the top 50 ;)
Prizes are given out 5,10,15, and 20

Eyelusion
06-26-2012, 02:15 PM
Good to know, but not too excited to hear about a new event while this turd bird is still going.

2 upgrades would be awesome and really give some players a huge edge....most likely the biggest spenders, again.

Crime City...where the powerful get more powerful. (pretty sure I saw Dudeman type that out a few times)

dudeman
06-26-2012, 02:20 PM
The event won't show up for me. Is there an update i'm missing?

Olly1
06-26-2012, 02:21 PM
There was an update in app store earlier today, try that. You need to Be level 10+ and on ios too...

enahs1
06-26-2012, 02:22 PM
You have to update the game, but the update came out yesterday or so...

dudeman
06-26-2012, 02:25 PM
Cool, thanks dudes.

ShawnBB
06-26-2012, 02:52 PM
Kingdom age is on fire with this brilliant fresh event and leader board system.

spenders gonna race the **** out for the top 50, lol.
It's a joy for just watch counting of the leader board.

Olly1
06-26-2012, 02:59 PM
After only like 30 mins there were people with over 10 gems. They must have already spent a killing to get that many. I don't think many people will be able to keep up with the top 50 spenders in CC.

WinkadInk
06-26-2012, 03:01 PM
I'm just gonna say I'm allergic to spending money on free games...therefore "I WIN!! HAHAHA!!"

cookie monster
06-26-2012, 09:02 PM
Kingdom age has an event on with the grand prize being 'upgrade 2 buildings at once'

Keep your eyes peeled folks as we all know the prizes over the 3 platforms eventually cross over...I have a feeling there will be a lot of CC folk going crazy on the spend when it does, probably me included!

hmmm... thank you for the heads up.

JuSt.SiCk
06-26-2012, 09:45 PM
the 1st place got allrdy 26 gems :O

ShawnBB
06-26-2012, 10:05 PM
the 1st place got allrdy 26 gems :O

JuSt.SiCk
06-26-2012, 10:28 PM

yeah, this meme roxx! :D

Zendfrim
06-26-2012, 10:47 PM
This is terrible news. This should be a feature implemented, not a reward from some stupid event where you can easily be cheated out of having the effect because you didn't level 6 levels and spend 500 bucks in gold. Ridiculous.

Fredo
06-26-2012, 10:57 PM
What's the big deal about this? I see people building and upgrading multiple buildings at the same time a lot in Crime City. I guess we already have it as a feature, you just have to know how to unlock it.

psxnitro
06-26-2012, 11:16 PM
What's the big deal about this? I see people building and upgrading multiple buildings at the same time a lot in Crime City. I guess we already have it as a feature, you just have to know how to unlock it.

How can you tell someone is upgrading more than 1 building at a time?

Rodimus
06-27-2012, 11:33 AM
This is why I haven't been playing any events and saving up my gold for something BIG. Yes, only a matter of time before an event like this is on CC. Good Eye, Eyelusion

Fredo
06-27-2012, 11:49 AM
How can you tell someone is upgrading more than 1 building at a time?

Easy. Visit one day with buildings at xxx level that cannot be upgraded in less than 24 hours time. Visit the next day and see both of the same buildings at xxx+1 level. It's also called "cheating" or "hacking," but plenty of us have seen people doing it.

sexkitteh
06-27-2012, 11:54 AM
Easy. Visit one day with buildings at xxx level that cannot be upgraded in less than 24 hours time. Visit the next day and see both of the same buildings at xxx+1 level. It's also called "cheating" or "hacking," but plenty of us have seen people doing it.

actually most likely what happens is they speed up the timer; not upgrading 2 buildings at the same time...

psxnitro
06-27-2012, 12:24 PM

lol, I always hide my building level behind trees or other building. I always build 2, one will be low level, the other will be 3 or 4 levels above the other.

I make robbing me a gamble :) You either clean me out good, or I waste your stamina. I also hide all my guns behind my buildings so my avatar is always walking near a defensive building or turret... hehehe... not sure if it's effective, but it gives me a peace of mind.

Fredo
06-27-2012, 02:13 PM
actually most likely what happens is they speed up the timer; not upgrading 2 buildings at the same time...

Really? That's "most likely"? So how about when they do it with an entire hood full of buildings, and they are all raised multiple levels overight? They're using gold for that too? And don't spend it on items instead? Nonsense.

Plux
06-27-2012, 03:33 PM
It's not quite the same in Kingdoms Age, it looks like the same unlocks at about the mid-point or 5 purples. You're likely to unlock for a special item so it's about unlocking and trying to build up the special gems in KA.
I play it now and again and cash unlocking has a 1/5 chance so getting 30 with cash is a no no. Gold spending encouragement and a good time too. I won't be in the top 500 in the Demon Box event me thinks lol. Not even the top 25,000.

Edit: I'd love to see this event format in Crime City!!!

sexkitteh
06-27-2012, 03:41 PM
Really? That's "most likely"? So how about when they do it with an entire hood full of buildings, and they are all raised multiple levels overight? They're using gold for that too? And don't spend it on items instead? Nonsense.

You misunderstood me my friend... it's a hack. It allows you to speed up the game... so you can collect in 5 minutes instead of 24hours or you can build in 5 minutes instead of 10 days or whatever... it's an android hack from what I've seen... or regenerate stamina basically instantly.. etc... takes the time factor and eliminates it...

Dangerous Greg
06-27-2012, 03:54 PM
You misunderstood me my friend... it's a hack. It allows you to speed up the game... so you can collect in 5 minutes instead of 24hours or you can build in 5 minutes instead of 10 days or whatever... it's an android hack from what I've seen... or regenerate stamina basically instantly.. etc... takes the time factor and eliminates it...
FYI
I have seen multiple buildings being constructed at the same time. I took a picture of one player that had 13 buildings in construction. It's a hack as well. Don't know if the player was banned after being reported or not. If I can dig up the picture I will try post it here.

Fredo
06-27-2012, 05:30 PM

Ah - that makes a lot more sense. Thanks for the clarification - I appreciate it. I really believe that the devs put this game on Android without any comprehension of what they were dealing with, and it has blown the game wide open to various forms of cheating.

dudeman
06-27-2012, 05:39 PM

Looks like someone spent some time looking up how to cheat.

FYI
I have seen multiple buildings being constructed at the same time. I took a picture of one player that had 13 buildings in construction. It's a hack as well. Don't know if the player was banned after being reported or not. If I can dig up the picture I will try post it here.

In a case like that I would be more likely to suspect a display bug. Sure it could be a cheat, but why is the first thing everyone assumes is that the player is cheating? It's pretty widely known that bugs happen and that not everyone is affected by every bug, why always with the witch hunt?

Fredo
06-27-2012, 05:56 PM
It's hardly a witch hunt. The same people that I see with multiple buildings being constructed at the same time and insta-upgrades have low IPH but billions of in-game cash items, and very few fights/robs but millions of RP worth of RP items. There is plently of circumstantial evidence to support the conclusion that they are hacking, at least when I see them. Moreover, I've seen a player do it more than once - and other players have as well - which hardly supports the notion that it's a one-off "bug."

dudeman
06-27-2012, 06:18 PM
It's hardly a witch hunt. The same people that I see with multiple buildings being constructed at the same time and insta-upgrades have low IPH but billions of in-game cash items, and very few fights/robs but millions of RP worth of RP items. There is plently of circumstantial evidence to support the conclusion that they are hacking, at least when I see them. Moreover, I've seen a player do it more than once - and other players have as well - which hardly supports the notion that it's a one-off "bug."

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying every case is a one off bug, but the front page of the forum today makes it pretty clear that there are more than a few players who are actively hunting for cheaters.

That might be what they find fun and they have the right to have fun with this game however they want, but as players, all anyone can do is point. Yes, some cheats seem pretty obvious, but you can't state with 100% certainty that what looks like a cheat is, in fact, a cheat.

I used the "display bug" as more of an example, really. Stuff happens, but when something happens and it's beyond the player's control I find the cheat accusation not much different than the witch accusations from the witch hunt era. I also use the witch hunt analogy because of the public outcry on the forum. Ok, so you spotted what you're sure is a cheater... So? What can I do about it? Fcuk all, that's what. All these cheater posts just add fuel to the fire, encouraging more finger pointing and encouraging more people to go looking for ways to cheat just so they can piss off the witch hunters.

It's clearly escalating and I don't see the forum as being the solution. PMing CCM is about the only useful feature you'll find on the forum when people want to point out suspected cheaters. New threads daily just makes sure new players will see that cheating is possible.

Fredo
06-27-2012, 08:15 PM
I hear you. The problem is one reason why I've gone gold free. I think you have too.

Nyx
06-27-2012, 09:53 PM
This is terrible news. This should be a feature implemented, not a reward from some stupid event where you can easily be cheated out of having the effect because you didn't level 6 levels and spend 500 bucks in gold. Ridiculous.

Yeah, this is how I'm kind of feeling about the KA event. While its nice to see something new with leader boards, an event like that pretty much insures that free players won't have a shot in hell at being in the top 50. I'd much rather compete against my own luck (or lack thereof, as is usually the case for me) rather than fat wallets.