PDA

View Full Version : Does Crime City Lead to Polarity?

G Wiz
06-26-2012, 01:54 PM
Why not ask the question of the "unwritten". We all know the names and we all know the key players here...

So my question is, do you feel pulled towards one side or the other? If not, then what keeps you most median?

In a game where attacks and robberies have no face but red, what prevents something from being any more than 'just' an attack or 'just' a robbery?

Interested in your thoughts!

jobadass
06-26-2012, 01:59 PM
I have friends on both sides and don't have time for the drama. Actually G, if you weren't CK, the 1st part of my statement would be untrue, not because I have anything against them, just don't know any others.

GazLegend
06-26-2012, 01:59 PM
I'm a lone wolf, if your in my range and i think I can attack you, I will.

I do think there needs to be some sort of penalty if your attacked and lose, like health, less than 10% you can't attack others

G Wiz
06-26-2012, 02:02 PM
I have friends on both sides and don't have time for the drama. Actually G, if you weren't CK, the 1st part of my statement would be untrue, not because I have anything against them, just don't know any others.Ah, so it seems your key to balance is networking. By knowing affiliates, you subsequently land yourself in the grey zone?

G Wiz
06-26-2012, 02:04 PM
I'm a lone wolf, if your in my range and i think I can attack you, I will.

I do think there needs to be some sort of penalty if your attacked and lose, like health, less than 10% you can't attack othersCool concept,

So lets hypothesize and say you attack someone who happened to be in a crew, what then? If anything...

DenZ1
06-26-2012, 02:04 PM
I'm keeping the game to myself :) Just playing.. Can bail out any time without any strings attached.
Don't like gangs anyway :)

Sasha54
06-26-2012, 02:06 PM
Lot of BS lately. I am an independent and will remain so most likely.

What I have the least amount of time for - and basically don't understand is needy people who hide behind a fake forum persona to get attention......
All this quitting, coming back, quitting...yada....yada......just quit FF sakes!

G Wiz
06-26-2012, 02:10 PM
I'm keeping the game to myself :) Just playing.. Can bail out any time without any strings attached.
Don't like gangs anyway :)Surely there is no blood in, blood out policy :| That would make things a whole lot more serious!

What I have the least amount of time for - and basically don't understand is needy people who hide behind a fake forum persona to get attention......
All this quitting, coming back, quitting...yada....yada......just quit FF sakes!Your independence can sometimes be intruded upon by gangs in game, to some.

Babytway
06-26-2012, 02:12 PM
Well as for me. i kinda see myself as just playing the game i dont consider myself a lone wolf or an independant. i just like to think im just a player. im rob everyone i can no matter what the affiliation and i rob people who i can't but i try anyway. i never look at a person hood or wall to look for any group affiliations the only thing im looking for is those money bag signs. if get a group of people that constantly attack me(which i dont at the moment) but if i did i wouldn't care fight losses don't affect my game play in either way. so i was never in situation where i felt pulled or pushed in any direction.

Eyelusion
06-26-2012, 02:17 PM
Who cares? I don't. Maybe that's how I stay out of this so-called polar drama. Maybe it's because I'm not bipolar? :p

Eyelusion
06-26-2012, 02:18 PM

All this quitting, coming back, quitting...yada....yada......just quit FF sakes!

Amen, Sasha54! :)

G Wiz
06-26-2012, 02:19 PM
Who cares? I don't. Maybe that's how I stay out of this so-called polar drama. Maybe it's because I'm not bipolar? :pIn the context of this post, if you were bipolar you would be omnipresent lol

Well as for me. i kinda see myself as just playing the game i dont consider myself a lone wolf or an independant. i just like to think im just a player. im rob everyone i can no matter what the affiliation and i rob people who i can't but i try anyway. i never look at a person hood or wall to look for any group affiliations the only thing im looking for is those money bag signs. if get a group of people that constantly attack me(which i dont at the moment) but if i did i wouldn't care fight losses don't affect my game play in either way. so i was never in situation where i felt pulled or pushed in any direction.Glad i can get your post tway because you are a good example!

Everyone knows Tway as the serial robber. as a result of this, people are not so surprised by a successful robbery brought on by you. You have gained that rep ;)

But now what about the average low key player? How are they not consumed in the gunfire when bullets go into everything except the car seats?

jobadass
06-26-2012, 02:20 PM
Ah, so it seems your key to balance is networking. By knowing affiliates, you subsequently land yourself in the grey zone?
totally accidental. A very powerful player helped me out long before he built a teepee in his hood and I have other Indians in my mafia from adding on iTunes early on.
I only add forum members (typically) or people in-game when we call a truce. I sent you a request for two reasons; I have respect for you and your posts, and wanted to lurk your wall and see how you were doing on the whole CK thing(don't worry, I'm completely straight and haven't been there in a while).
I think the main reason I don't have any other CK in my mafia because I get the feeling most ar below my level (144) amiright?
If remaining neutral put's me in the 'grey' area, I suppose you are right. I've posted this on a public forum so don't find it cowardly. You can always demand that your people level up and attack/rob me.

G Wiz
06-26-2012, 02:27 PM
totally accidental. A very powerful player helped me out long before he built a teepee in his hood and I have other Indians in my mafia from adding on iTunes early on.
I only add forum members (typically) or people in-game when we call a truce. I sent you a request for two reasons; I have respect for you and your posts, and wanted to lurk your wall and see how you were doing on the whole CK thing(don't worry, I'm completely straight and haven't been there in a while).
I think the main reason I don't have any other CK in my mafia because I get the feeling most ar below my level (144) amiright?
If remaining neutral put's me in the 'grey' area, I suppose you are right. I've posted this on a public forum so don't find it cowardly. You can always demand that your people level up and attack/rob me.I appreciate your stalk! Please return all stalking equipment at the door before collecting $100 lol

But nah man, this thread isn't calling anyone out by a long shot...just trying to see the views of the masses! They say a Good mob takes care of their community right? Or so thats the fabled belief :P

Eyelusion
06-26-2012, 02:28 PM
In the context of this post, if you were bipolar you would be omnipresent lol

Hahahaaaa! :D

Luciferianism
06-26-2012, 02:29 PM
I wish everyone was level 200. At the minute these gang politics are stupid because the levels of people are all over the place.

jobadass
06-26-2012, 02:29 PM
I appreciate your stalk! Please return all stalking equipment at the door before collecting $100 lol

But nah man, this thread isn't calling anyone out by a long shot...just trying to see the views of the masses! They say a Good mob takes care of their community right? Or so thats the fabled belief :PActually I was a member of a mob, but our leader "Burned" out:(
Continue to wish you luck (fun) with your quests.

G Wiz
06-26-2012, 02:33 PM
I wish everyone was level 200. At the minute these gang politics are stupid because the levels of people are all over the place.A gang with few eyes needs a hell of a lot of cameras ;)

Eyelusion
06-26-2012, 02:34 PM
Actually I was a member of a mob, but our leader "Burned" out:(
Continue to wish you luck (fun) with your quests.

Hehe. Da da dum *Ching*! Punny!

Ramshutu
06-26-2012, 02:43 PM
Does CC cause polarity? not really.

Two bonded atoms, with different charge density, on the other hand....

G Wiz
06-26-2012, 02:50 PM
Does CC cause polarity? not really.

Two bonded atoms, with different charge density, on the other hand....Not cause, but rather "lead", hinting to the inevitable shark tank.

LoL sweet wise crack there still ;)

Ramshutu
06-26-2012, 02:55 PM
Not cause, but rather "lead", hinting to the inevitable shark tank.

LoL sweet wise crack there still ;)

Thanks, I have cue cards and everything.

PS: I have been doing google image searches for something funny related to the drama going on now, but nothing properly sums it up.

jobadass
06-26-2012, 03:00 PM
Thanks, I have cue cards and everything.

PS: I have been doing google image searches for something funny related to the drama going on now, but nothing properly sums it up.
here's a start
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqgz-G5OqXM
With so much drama in (insert your PCs current location),
It's hard being Mark double C

Ramshutu
06-26-2012, 03:01 PM
http://cl.jroo.me/z3/Q/b/E/d/a.aaa-Baby-goes-to-war.jpg

This is starting to sum up where we are.

jobadass
06-26-2012, 03:02 PM
Perfect!!!!

Gaming Will
06-26-2012, 03:07 PM
I honestly looked into that thread and walked right back out. I have friends on both sides I think. I don't fully understand the tactics there but I am amazed at the lack if civility. I will not choose a side because I have not witnessed the antics first hand. I admit to have prematurely judged sides before, but since all the drama I am completely dumbfounded.

While it is true, I pondered joining a mafia I am going to stick by myself at this time for the sole reason that I am the only one who knows how I want to play this game.

jobadass
06-26-2012, 03:09 PM
I honestly looked into that thread and walked right back out. I have friends on both sides I think. I don't fully understand the tactics there but I am amazed at the lack if civility. I will not choose a side because I have not witnessed the antics first hand. I admit to have prematurely judged sides before, but since all the drama I am completely dumbfounded.

While it is true, I pondered joining a mafia I am going to stick by myself at this time for the sole reason that I am the only one who knows how I want to play this game.Without derailing G's thread anymore I'm going to pour a strong drink and start a new thread. See you there Will.

Ramshutu
06-26-2012, 03:16 PM
The thing is about war, is it isnt about what you rob, or how much you attack, or the sheer amount of cash and explosives you use, loose or abuse.

It is simply to make the other person know that they arangrier than you are, and that they nan do nothing abou t it.

This is why a well worded wall post, or hitting just the right tone in some smack talk is worth 50k defence.

I will be on the fence until someone does something to bring me off it. The thing is, that unless their def is so high that I can simply not attack at all, I am almost gauranteed to win, simply because I have a pathological inability to get angry, and it shows.

Nudie
06-26-2012, 03:35 PM
I'm not a joiner by nature. I don't like being part of a "gang" or having to conduct myself by anybody's rulez other than my own. I also dislike the idea of "ganging up" on others. Childish, servile and weak behavior. I don't care if any "gangs" attack me on an online game which tbh I enjoy playing, otherwise I wouldn't be here. I just disdain brutish behavior, bullying and baseless accusations. :p

G Wiz
06-26-2012, 03:48 PM
I'm not a joiner by nature. I don't like being part of a "gang" or having to conduct myself by anybody's rulez other than my own. I also dislike the idea of "ganging up" on others. Childish, servile and weak behavior. I don't care if any "gangs" attack me on an online game which tbh I enjoy playing, otherwise I wouldn't be here. I just disdain brutish behavior, bullying and baseless accusations. :pI guess when you strip it of these things, your not really left with a gang huh?

Sasha54
06-26-2012, 03:53 PM
I'm not a joiner by nature. I don't like being part of a "gang" or having to conduct myself by anybody's rulez other than my own. I also dislike the idea of "ganging up" on others. Childish, servile and weak behavior. I don't care if any "gangs" attack me on an online game which tbh I enjoy playing, otherwise I wouldn't be here. I just disdain brutish behavior, bullying and baseless accusations. :p

Exactly - I hated high school and this is starting to feel that way......lol

G Wiz
06-26-2012, 04:13 PM
Man I loved high school! People getting me lunch, standing on the lead float at pep rallies *sigh* Then there was physics.....

The wonder years

Johnny70
06-26-2012, 04:32 PM
Man I loved high school! People getting me lunch, standing on the lead float at pep rallies *sigh* Then there was physics.....

The wonder yearsyeah back when I was in high school I had this classmate named methusela...... ahh where was I?

Luciferianism
06-26-2012, 04:36 PM
G Wiz was an actual gangster in high school, just sayin'.

Gaming Will
06-26-2012, 04:37 PM
I guess when you strip it of these things, your not really left with a gang huh?

Since you hijacked it already, you said "strip" to nudie!

G Wiz
06-26-2012, 04:47 PM
yeah back when I was in high school I had this classmate named methusela...... ahh where was I?Probably doing homework with benjamin button :P

G Wiz was an actual gangster in high school, just sayin'.If by gangster you mean gentleman, then yes, I was a gentleman ;)

Since you hijacked it already, you said "strip" to nudie!Hey! Do as I say, not as I do :P

I feel like I got a lot of good insight with the first 3 pages. Threads usually have a life of about 2 pages generally speaking.

Trendsetter811
06-26-2012, 11:04 PM
G real quick off topic how come I can't moist an avatar picture for the forum just leave me a message in my comments I saw u passed through the other day - if u do go leave me that lil help check out the hood added cold sign. I think you'll get a laugh out of it well maybe haha - a good one 💎CK💎 thanks man

Dreno33
06-26-2012, 11:09 PM
when i played on my old account before i started a camper, I took no offense in the robbery or attack when I would lose 100k as a lvl 40 regular player. (which is actually quite a bit). its supposed to be fun, don't play if its not. Koralene is a prime example. It became no fun for her anymore after what happened, so she quit (and other reasons as well, of course).

Trendsetter811
06-26-2012, 11:14 PM
I'm part of ck and nobody bosses me around it's a brotherhood that looks out for one another for the people in which u r referring and of course people in gangs r going to fight and rob people the nature of the game - the way I see it and I'm in contact with the leaders all the time and have never been spoken down to or bossed me around , I was honored they asked me to join and if anything they always accept anything with an open mind and open arms but I still have feuds with people who aren't in gangs that I have been fighting with since I started playing so for u to say those things about being a part of a crew are stereotypical u obviously not being part of one and last but not least the gangs primarily feud with each other!!

Timbathia
06-26-2012, 11:42 PM
This is all a bit strange to me, as I have never seen anything in-game to suggest there even are gangs, mafias, or any of this rivalry going on. If it werent for reading the forums, I would be blissfully ignorant.

Maybe I am not important or strong enough to have trod on any toes doing TL goals (level 129, 77k IPH, 20K A/D), or just maybe most players in CC like me have no idea this sh*t is going on.

Eyelusion
06-26-2012, 11:54 PM
This is all a bit strange to me, as I have never seen anything in-game to suggest there even are gangs, mafias, or any of this rivalry going on. If it werent for reading the forums, I would be blissfully ignorant.

Maybe I am not important or strong enough to have trod on any toes doing TL goals (level 129, 77k IPH, 20K A/D), or just maybe most players in CC like me have no idea this sh*t is going on.

This is funny because it's 100% true. Great post. Thanks for the laugh! :)

Johnny70
06-27-2012, 12:44 AM

Maybe I am not important or strong enough to have trod on any toes doing TL goals (level 129, 77k IPH, 20K A/D), or just maybe most players in CC like me have no idea this sh*t is going on. lol give it about 20 levels!

Swearengen
06-27-2012, 05:18 AM
So I am to low lvl to worry much about gangs at this point but seems like when it comes to joining it is a matter of exposure.

In every gang you find some good people and some serious douche bags, therefore when deciding to join or not, it might be a simple exposure ratio how many good players you have run into verses how many douche bags...

Khayman
06-27-2012, 06:12 AM
Lonely wolf reporting in. I'm libertarian, what do you expect? :p Probably i'll get friends and enemies here and there but that's life.

Ps. Spanish epic poetry about pirates and freedom. José de Espronceda's song of the pirate and i don't want to traslate it because Shakespeare must be readed in english and La Traviata listened in italian:

Y si caigo,
¿qué es la vida?
Por perdida
ya la di,
cuando el yugo
del esclavo,
como un bravo,
sacudí.

Que es mi barco mi tesoro,
que es mi dios la libertad,
mi ley, la fuerza y el viento,
mi única patria, la mar.