PDA

View Full Version : What really is the best sea unit for the money??

moneybags
06-24-2012, 02:31 PM
People have told me to buy alot of sea scouts but it makes more sense to buy the cruisers. it is a little more then double the price but you get all that offense as well. Both have a very low casualty rate. So what is every ones opinions??

Dreno33
06-24-2012, 02:33 PM
obviously the highest stat defense unit and the highest stat attack unit. no?

War Priest
06-24-2012, 02:34 PM
obviously the highest stat defense unit and the highest stat attack unit. no?

Not if you lose one during every attack/raid.

moneybags
06-24-2012, 02:34 PM
Well yeah but if you thinking in term is buying 2000 of them it changes your thought process

Dreno33
06-24-2012, 02:35 PM
Not if you lose one during every attack/raid.

well, is that the case? hows their casualty rates?

Fifth Reich
06-24-2012, 02:39 PM
You can only get 34,000 defense with sea scouts unboosted so I am dumping it all on destroyers.

moneybags
06-24-2012, 02:39 PM
I have a really low allie count right now so not bad. My infirmary is at level 5. But while I upgrade that and my navel research center I am buying as many units as possible. But I want to make sure I am buying the right ones.

moneybags
06-24-2012, 02:41 PM
That would take alot of cash to buy that many destroyers. I mean over time that isn't a problem.

Fifth Reich
06-24-2012, 02:45 PM
500 sea scouts=85 million 500 destroyers=650 million :|

Bronson
06-24-2012, 02:46 PM
When you have a large amount of allies sea scouts will be crucial for UK players as these can be bought cheap and in bulk so should be your lowest def unit.

Also you need to split your units into attack and defence so mine launchers for def and cruisers for att until you make more money then go to hovercrafts and then destroyers and so on.

manbeast
06-24-2012, 03:31 PM
chronological order.
1st- buy sea scouts. defense is important. these are cheap, have a great casualty rate, and are strong against sea. atk stat is low enough where u can load up on snipers and never take these to battle attacking. i have 550 of these
2nd- buy mine launchers- good price, good cas rate, strong against sea i have 210 of these
3rd- buy aircraft carriers- best defensive unit in the game. strong against air. havent started buying yet.

cruisers-weak stats, too expensive to be a meat shield. no strong against
destroyer-would rather have mine launchers. they are half the price and provide more defense. destroyers have no strong against.
ballistic missile sub- casualty rate isnt very good. def. stat isnt good. no strong against.

Harnj
06-24-2012, 04:01 PM
If you have really low ally count like you said, then I would just go straight to buy aircraft carriers if I were you. I think you can afford them pretty well considering your iph is over 500k.
Oh, and use units with higher attack stats, such as SHs and SFs, to cover aircraft carrier when attacking.

Arizona
06-24-2012, 04:09 PM
If you have really low ally count like you said, then I would just go straight to buy aircraft carriers if I were you. I think you can afford them pretty well considering your iph is over 500k.
You'd think that would work. Sadly it hasn't for me. I was losing AC's rather too much, so I'm just letting them do whatever they want while I increase other units to take the heat of them. Low casualty doesn't equate to invincible no matter how low your allies are; and when you see one of them sinking, it brings it home to you that you can't take short cuts to the top (as a free player ).

moneybags
06-24-2012, 04:19 PM
well you could have the no allies and only bring in indestructible units. Then you would never loose a unit going into battles

Harnj
06-24-2012, 04:23 PM
Well.. I have low ally count as well (18) and I currently have 62 aircraft carriers. I have infirmary at level 5 and I only lost 1 aircraft carrier so far. So... I think it is worth it.

boardgames rule
06-24-2012, 04:34 PM
What is better to buy for attack hovercrafts or cruisers?

bigflan
06-24-2012, 04:35 PM
What is better to buy for attack hovercrafts or cruisers?They are both poop buy strykers very cheap or demolitions

Poopenshire
06-24-2012, 04:37 PM
Sea Scouts are completely out for me. Being UK you would think they were good, but they are too low a defense such that I don't bring a single one. The Military Ambulance is cheaper and higher defense. I bought so many that for the last month I have been slowly replacing them with higher defense units. I hate to say it but since they sort by unboosted defense they are not as good a deal as you would think the higher the level and higher the defense you have. Stealth Surveillence is probably your best solution for a more long term defense strategy, eventualy they too will be replaced, but only for carriers, which cost and arm and a leg.

manbeast
06-24-2012, 04:38 PM
cruiser- casualty rate: .60%
amph. hover casualty rate: .23%

also amph hover is strong against ground. I got 50 of them a LONG time ago. have only lost 2. after about 4,000 fights

bigflan
06-24-2012, 04:39 PM
I auge made the transition from mineship to stealth survelence drones there cheap have great defense and don't make it into my army

manbeast
06-24-2012, 04:43 PM
They are both poop buy strykers very cheap or demolitions

stryker casualty rate: 2.1%
demolitions casualty rate: 6%

hahahahaha yea. cheap. if you never ever plan on using them.

manbeast
06-24-2012, 04:50 PM
poop- as i tried telling u before!! being UK you never should have got military ambulances!!! you should have just gotten sea scouts. Since you are UK, they have a stronger defense than ambulances. They also have a strong against. Not to mention the casualty rate. .3% vs 1.2%!!
During my battle with the low casualty glitcher I started with 420 ambulances. I'm down to 353. On the other hand I had 500 sea scouts and only like 4 or 5 of them lol. Its a miracle. All of them go to battle btw

i do agree that stealth surveillance is a great defensive plan. i chose to go with mine launchers though bc
strong against sea
i didnt want to waste all that time upgrading my air field.
i like using my uk boost

bigflan
06-24-2012, 04:55 PM
Hey since I'm Russia should I buy stealth surveillance drones instead of mineships which I have 50 of I'm Russia and have a Lv9 airfield should I stop with mineships

What?
06-24-2012, 05:01 PM
Short term, sea scout and destroyers are fine, but I have 50 sea scouts and 103 destroyers that I don't even bring to battle anymore. That is like 130 million spend on useless units now. when I did use the destroyers were a better choice even though they are more expensive. I think long term stocking up on aircraft carriers is the way to go. They aren't that cheap, but the stats will almost guarantee you will bring them to battle unless you have an all gold or valor army.

Poopenshire
06-24-2012, 05:28 PM
Sea scouts are long past my defense units. I had not brought them to battle for months. I still bring the MAs to battle not many but atleast 80. The game sends units to battle based on unboosted score which means MAs stick around longer. Sea scouts leave battle sooner and pay off less.

boardgames rule
06-24-2012, 05:31 PM
I think you are wrong their poop because the highest unit with boost is placed first.

Poopenshire
06-24-2012, 05:35 PM
Every spreadsheet either I have made or someone else made only works if you send to battle before boost, not after. I not the only person who has noticed this. I know KOD's spreadsheet incorporates this and calculated my defense exactly. Enjoylifes old spreadsheet did the same and worked after I corrected for base defenses.

Hassleham
06-24-2012, 05:48 PM
Gotta be subs for me, been my fav meat shields since forever.

What?
06-24-2012, 06:05 PM
My units go into battle boosted. My super hornets with att of 36 are higher up in the list of venal fighter with att of 39. Also my elite helicopter with 37 are higher than my airborne decimator with att of 40.

Poopenshire
06-24-2012, 06:14 PM
I just double checked, venal are higher than super hornets or me. With the current boost I have for air units it should be higher but it's not.