PDA

View Full Version : Events on android

Neonjoe
06-23-2012, 11:54 PM
When will we get to do the full duration of an event? I'm tired of starting every event behind the iphone players

Bala82
06-23-2012, 11:56 PM
Maybe in 6 months

Tiger187
06-24-2012, 12:00 AM
it does but u dont realise , it auto adds i think extra 1 or 2 days

PawnXIIX
06-24-2012, 01:19 AM
When will we get to do the full duration of an event? I'm tired of starting every event behind the iphone players

What do you mean behind iphone users? I'm on the ipod and I started with 5 days...4:23:00 was my first open.

NTM
06-24-2012, 02:04 AM
i start at 3 day's 22 hours on Android, normal we are good player on android they know :) like the fanboyappleclub :p

Andrei2904
06-24-2012, 05:13 AM
i start at 3 day's 22 hours on Android, normal we are good player on android they know :) like the fanboyappleclub :p

well on android started with 4days and 4 hours. i know for sure 'cuz i was playing and the i got out. around 10 minutes later i start playing again and there it was the event with 4d:04h

NTM
06-24-2012, 05:24 AM
well on android started with 4days and 4 hours. i know for sure 'cuz i was playing and the i got out. around 10 minutes later i start playing again and there it was the event with 4d:04h

maybe yup, i think that because we are not in the same country :) i sleep when u are wake up ^^ i'm en Europe, when i open the game the morning i got Event and left 3 day's 22 hours for me :)

anyway we lost many time and many opening :)

i use Gold for this event i'm near the end ;) after this one i never put any $/€ i think depends if i got the last price the 10 proof ! i hope realy this time.. but 15 Gold for a Wesltrer mask is funny no ? lol... or a shi 4/4..that shame lol!

cookie monster
06-24-2012, 08:25 AM

no, it doesn't. How much time do you have left, now?

Neonjoe
06-24-2012, 09:22 AM

checking in hourly, the first time the event came up for me was at 4d 6h left, and mine is currently going to end at midnight pacific time tuesday night

PawnXIIX
06-24-2012, 10:47 AM
Know exactly when the event starts, 12AM PST which is 1 hour before the scratchers refresh I believe.

That's usually the time the event starts on my device. I always save my energy and close the app every hour until the event shows up.

Neonjoe
06-24-2012, 12:58 PM
Just once could we start at the same time iphone does. I am so ******* sick of this.
^^ this here

Vicious...
06-24-2012, 05:33 PM
Event time doesn't concern me too much, I have a fatalist view on these event items and don't expect even a #9 item. And for two of the previous three events (Edit: actually it's been four events, huh? In that case I'm not sure if it's two or three of the last four events...) on Android I've gotten two extra days in extensions.

What does concern me however is this scratcher stuff. By the time this gets going for Android users, iOS users could have hundreds if not thousands in attack/defense increases comparatively.

cookie monster
06-24-2012, 10:12 PM
Know exactly when the event starts, 12AM PST which is 1 hour before the scratchers refresh I believe.

That's usually the time the event starts on my device. I always save my energy and close the app every hour until the event shows up.

I love the Apple users voicing advice when they obviously have no idea what we're talking about.

Okay, READ HERE.

1) Events do not start the same time on Android as they do on Apple.
2) There have been only TWO events we got extensions on. There have been the exact same number of events that we never even got notification of.
3) The time showing left on the current event (which started for most of us 18 hours later than Iphone users) shows the exact time that yours does on on Iphone. At this moment 1:11 AM EST... 2d 1h 49m.

In the future please actually know the facts before you start giving advice. You're creating misinformation that people read and believe.

Neonjoe
06-24-2012, 10:36 PM
The scratcher business is scary if they don't give us a bunch of catch-up scratchers. Especially when ccm says that we may get them in a month but no guarantees? That's a ridiculous handicap we'll be suffering. If they can't bring content to both platforms at the same time, then split the brackets apart so the playing fields will be equal.

DenZ1
06-24-2012, 10:42 PM
Not fair at all. Something has to be done to level the field at least a bit.
Mark, please note to dev team.

Babytway
06-24-2012, 11:32 PM
Android user this is one thing you have to realize with these events and the same goes for ios users it doesn't really matter how many days they give you for the event. if you are goin to use gold on the event to ensure you get the prize then 3days is enough if your using gold full blown. if you are a free player then the most you can hope is 9parts no matter how many days they give you, with a 4day event your are sure to get 7 which is norm if you get 9 then you already win. getting the 10th item being a free player means you were in the right place at the right time how many days don't matter(to an extent)

misterrunon
06-24-2012, 11:58 PM
i think android may be an issue due to fragmentation.. so many models that they would possibly have to specifically program for.

PawnXIIX
06-25-2012, 12:08 AM
I love the Apple users voicing advice when they obviously have no idea what we're talking about.

Okay, READ HERE.

1) Events do not start the same time on Android as they do on Apple.
2) There have been only TWO events we got extensions on. There have been the exact same number of events that we never even got notification of.
3) The time showing left on the current event (which started for most of us 18 hours later than Iphone users) shows the exact time that yours does on on Iphone. At this moment 1:11 AM EST... 2d 1h 49m.

In the future please actually know the facts before you start giving advice. You're creating misinformation that people read and believe.

Point me to where that information was posted...Nobody has ever told me that

At 1:11AM EST you 2D 1h 49 minutes
At 3:09AM EST I have 1D 23h 50 minutes left

Week event still doesn't mean week event. :(

NTM
06-25-2012, 01:10 AM
Event time doesn't concern me too much, I have a fatalist view on these event items and don't expect even a #9 item. And for two of the previous three events (Edit: actually it's been four events, huh? In that case I'm not sure if it's two or three of the last four events...) on Android I've gotten two extra days in extensions.

What does concern me however is this scratcher stuff. By the time this gets going for Android users, iOS users could have hundreds if not thousands in attack/defense increases comparatively.

here the good answer.. Apple User can have realy more all day... like the android user, but that the same game... for sure Apple user found that fair but what they think if they are in android position ? ;)

PawnXIIX
06-25-2012, 01:31 AM
I said it was unfair the the new android users had to compete against apple users and everybody jumped on me like "you're an idiot for thinking that!"

Now who was right? Now everybody seems to unanimously agree ._.

NTM
06-25-2012, 01:45 AM
not hard.. i got Iphone and Android account.

on Iphone all day i can have an item for free, so i take atk/def all day if i'm lucky with scratchers, on Android u don't have any items all day's for free, right ? so not hard to see in 2/3 month how many power Apple User can have like android user.;

anyway i don't cry.. what u think they do for me ? nothing :D so i play... but can be the best for sure.. if u start with long way before see any user apple, u can't say u don't see :)

one man gang
06-25-2012, 01:56 AM
Im on a apple and Funzio admitted that they know event timers are uneven for all users... that was the reply to my complaint... have not spent gold on the event since.. will spend gold elsewhere though...we all just want a fair chance funzio

Vicious...
06-25-2012, 02:11 AM
Im on a apple and Funzio admitted that they know event timers are uneven for all users... that was the reply to my complaint... have not spent gold on the event since.. will spend gold elsewhere though...we all just want a fair chance funzio
Ok, this is a peeve. I'm not trying to single you out and put you down but demanding, or merely asking for a fair chance is naive. It's a business after all, whatever makes money goes, including leaving Android users in the dust. Like I said earlier, the scratcher stuff concerns me...but I'm not gonna ***** and moan about it. You just accept it, allow it to influence your gold purchasing tendencies (or not), and move on. Every day this forum is filled with people who complain; about Android lag, event times, their own bad luck, noob members who ask noob questions and even the random thread that's off topic (...really, so what?). In my opinion, the only thing worth the outrage and the time *****ing about is the respect/money hackers, which is a complete detriment to Funzio's image and profits.

Once again, one man gang, no ill will intended.

one man gang
06-25-2012, 05:08 AM
Ok, this is a peeve. I'm not trying to single you out and put you down but demanding, or merely asking for a fair chance is naive. It's a business after all, whatever makes money goes, including leaving Android users in the dust. Like I said earlier, the scratcher stuff concerns me...but I'm not gonna ***** and moan about it. You just accept it, allow it to influence your gold purchasing tendencies (or not), and move on. Every day this forum is filled with people who complain; about Android lag, event times, their own bad luck, noob members who ask noob questions and even the random thread that's off topic (...really, so what?). In my opinion, the only thing worth the outrage and the time *****ing about is the respect/money hackers, which is a complete detriment to Funzio's image and profits.

None taken, considering what you said about not *****ing and moaning and adjusting my gold spending pretty much sums up my actions... Except for the fact I also let people know what android users arent the only people that suffer from delayed events

I would imagine im allowed to ask questions of something I invest in and complain if it is potentially misleading. But I likeyour business sense ;)

Im tired and sick and going to sleep :)

*pats ur head*

Neonjoe
06-25-2012, 07:24 AM
I said it was unfair the the new android users had to compete against apple users and everybody jumped on me like "you're an idiot for thinking that!"

Now who was right? Now everybody seems to unanimously agree ._.

I've been pissed since the beginning. Starting out on Android facing low level ios users that had all sorts of event items, I hit the internet searching for where I could find these items, and that's when I found these forums. The first event to be open on Android didn't happen until I was level 50. Was very excited to see events, which made me forget about the big picture, Android users are still multiple events behind in items, and it looks as if nothing will ever be done about it. It looks as though the same thing will happen with the scratchers. If it keeps going like this with every new content release, eventually the gap between Android and Apple will be so large the only way to compete will be with 1000's of gold worth spent on items. You'll have 5% of the players do that and the other 95 will quit.

cookie monster
06-25-2012, 07:35 AM

If you don't use a forum to actually notify them why you're changing your behavior, there's no way for them to KNOW why you're doing it?

It could get lumped into any of a million other rationales that the company chooses to look at a separate issue from.

My opinion is and has always been that people who post that others should quit *****ing and moaning need to realize that improving game play for some improves it for all. Obviously, the threads and posts were not meant for anyone as an i-phone user, they're meant for Crime City Mark, and anyone with Funzio who reads this board. It doesn't concern you, doesn't affect you, so let it go. And above all else, don't spread incorrect information, which has been the case over and over again on this matter from the threads I've read.

Vicious...
06-25-2012, 01:01 PM
If you don't use a forum to actually notify them why you're changing your behavior, there's no way for them to KNOW why you're doing it?

My opinion is and has always been that people who post that others should quit *****ing and moaning need to realize that improving game play for some improves it for all.

And above all else, don't spread incorrect information, which has been the case over and over again on this matter from the threads I've read.
The point I was trying to make is more in the vein of not what you say, but how you say it. Feedback is great.

What incorrect information?

MagicMoment
06-26-2012, 10:52 PM
Android user this is one thing you have to realize with these events and the same goes for ios users it doesn't really matter how many days they give you for the event. if you are goin to use gold on the event to ensure you get the prize then 3days is enough if your using gold full blown. if you are a free player then the most you can hope is 9parts no matter how many days they give you, with a 4day event your are sure to get 7 which is norm if you get 9 then you already win. getting the 10th item being a free player means you were in the right place at the right time how many days don't matter(to an extent)

This is incorrect and a cop out of an excuse on behalf of Funzio. The fact of the matter is that Android users are NOT on equal playing fields. Whether or not the 10th item is achieved or not is beside the point, we just want as much time as possible.

Let's say you were in a classroom and the instructor splits the class into two groups. One group has 5 days to study for the final exam and the other group (your group) has 3 days to study. Are you willing to say that if you fail the test you were simply destined to fail "no matter what" or would you be raising hell for not getting those two extra days?

I've come to accept the fact that Android users will be at a disadvantage for the foreseeable future but the fact that some sort of statement regarding it from Funzio hasn't been made is a slap in the face.

iatrogenicx
06-27-2012, 01:14 AM
We are about 2 for 5 on getting a full 7 days for events. It's annoying to put in so much time into a game and not be on a level playing field. So not only are you wasting time on a game, your time invested is a waste because your odds of getting the 10th item is decreased due to less opportunity compared to other players. We got less than 5 days on this event. If next event does not start at same time as iOS I'm out. Spent $4 on this game and tempted to spend more on events and glad I did not on a less than 5 day event.

This is not a typical grinder type game. I played a game like that for 6 years and was looking for change. This game however rewards those that are willing to play during work/school, sleeping hours, etc due to the special events. The casual gamer will only keep up with those players by buying gold. Giving android users 30% less time than iOS users forces us into this "casual gamer" camp. Well on my 2 days off from work I logged in multiple times on CC to open my ATMs during sleeping hours. So sad, maybe Gree will mercy kill me.

PawnXIIX
06-27-2012, 01:41 AM
My question is what do you define as a full event.

There's the 7 day event that nobody gets or there's the 4/5/6 day events that the apple users get.

I add my vote that we all need a 7 day event but...come on make the Android event fair :( I find it difficult to believe that from a programming standpoint it's difficult to get the date according to the servers.

Android needs a fair event but guys...posting this thread every time an event ends is getting old :/

Neonjoe
06-30-2012, 05:39 AM
5 days 18 hours for the first time I saw this event. Best so far. Now hopefully scratchers are coming the way of Android with backpay on them for the days we've been forced to miss

MagicMoment
06-30-2012, 11:24 AM
Still no event for me. I'm probably gonna uninstall Crime City for good because of all the bs I put up with being an Android player.

Neonjoe
06-30-2012, 02:29 PM
So after opening 2 and getting 2 computer chips, an upgrade is pushed out and now the event is gone. Feels good to be an Android player.