PDA

View Full Version : Reported my first cheater

cookie monster
06-23-2012, 04:52 PM
I got attacked by a player named "tala." I"m at level 94, and when I found out I wanted to see if I could retaliate or mine this guy. When I checked his profile he was up to level 98 with stats pretty absurd for someone with no economy and not an overwhelming number of fights or robberies won.

I checked back a few hours later and he had leveled up to 118. I'm looking at his profile again now, two hours later, and he's up to 127.

Here are some of the RP quantities in his inventory:

258X Tommy Gun
114 X sawn off shot gun
307X RPG

204 X chain whips
126 X serrated blades

305 X Excelero

Plus, he's stockpiled even larger amounts of cash weapons, which could be possible if he'd been paying for money, but the RP point weapons are ridiculous.

All this on 1789 fights won, and 452 robberies won.

ATK: 11444
DEF: 9706

Members: 91

He's also not banking anything. Eat well, ladies and gentlemen.

enahs1
06-23-2012, 04:54 PM
Clear sign he is a cheater is because of his exceleros

dudeman
06-23-2012, 05:10 PM
There is nothing about this report that cannot be achieved by spending money to buy gold and cash. With the promotional event that is currently running this player could have decided to increase his odds by making more transactions. Having a lot of money to blow on Crime City doesn't mean the player in question (who shouldn't have been named publicly) is going to spend his in-game currency wisely.

The only thing that might indicate cheating would be the Exeleros, assuming they had more than a few before reaching the level at which they are unlocked.

You did not mention how many jobs the player has completed.

Respect can be purchased with gold via scratchers.

I'm just saying, don't be surprised or get in a huff if nothing happens as a result of your report to Funzio.

cookie monster
06-23-2012, 05:37 PM
3750 jobs last time I checked.

dudeman
06-23-2012, 05:46 PM
3750 jobs last time I checked.

Well if the jobs AND the fights/robs don't add up to a large enough source of XP then he may have somehow done something there. Leveling super fast isn't impossible if the player buys energy and does a tonne of jobs. Doesn't look to be the case here though. As for the rest, Funzio can just say "big spender" and drop the case without looking any further.

cookie monster
06-23-2012, 09:07 PM
Well if the jobs AND the fights/robs don't add up to a large enough source of XP then he may have somehow done something there. Leveling super fast isn't impossible if the player buys energy and does a tonne of jobs. Doesn't look to be the case here though. As for the rest, Funzio can just say "big spender" and drop the case without looking any further.

Negative. He only has 250 jobs more than me. I have more fights won and 20 times more robberies... and he's 30 levels above me and climbing.

There is no explanation for how he's progressing other than he's cheating, and if he's cheating in this manor it lends validity to the fact that he's cheating in others as well.

dudeman
06-23-2012, 09:28 PM
Negative. He only has 250 jobs more than me. I have more fights won and 20 times more robberies... and he's 30 levels above me and climbing.

Negative? Er, I was saying that such a case would look suspicious. Agreeing with your suspicions.

There is no explanation for how he's progressing other than he's cheating,

To quote CCM, "anything is possible." (though it is still without explanation)

and if he's cheating in this manor it lends validity to the fact that he's cheating in others as well.

I still feel that this is an assumption. The other points that you made regarding item numbers may or may not be legit. In the pre-scratcher era I would say highly suspicious but now that large quantities of cash and respect may be acquired by a lucky spender, anyone suspected of cheating based on quantity of any item should also be suspected of being a so-called "big spender."

Unfortunately, that's Funzio's doing. IMO, having respect and cash as potential scratcher "prizes" was intentional in order to give credibility to their famous big spender argument, which appears to be a common argument used to dismiss cheater reports.

psxnitro
06-23-2012, 10:12 PM
Got attacked by this guy, was able to get a few screenshots, but now everytime I click on revenge it says player is too tired? He was the same level as me (47), and almost all the respect weapons he has is over 500, as well as expensive guns. No gold items from what I can tell. This is his stats, should I have reported him? 1381

Polarbear
06-23-2012, 10:13 PM
+1 dudeman

Post scratchers, you can no longer say 'I have more fights/robs than him, I should have more respect than him!'
Several high tier wins of respect could be just the explanation, without the need of spending much gold....
Though I have no idea how someone levels up so fast without substantially increasing attack and robs stats, exp gain has no benefit anyway. Time is the main currency.

Not saying this person may or may not be cheating, but I would have let him go as its not highly suspicious i.e. 500+ all respects. Like right now I could build 50 subways in the corner of my hood for fun, attack a few people and then have comments back regarding that I'm cheating. So just coz it looks like it doesn't mean it actually is...

Populouspapa
06-23-2012, 10:25 PM
New exploits was released this weekend, might explain it..

emcee
06-24-2012, 02:43 AM
IMO the guy is a cheater. The post scratcher argument does not make sense. It is not as though scratchers have been around for 4 months. Leveling up quickly is possible with energy refills. This requires gold usage. However, if the suspect account is almost devoid of gold items this is highly suspect and defies logic.
Having numerous respect items is possible with a certain timeline to consider, missions completed as well as fights/robberies figures.
Every separate analysis is possible or plausible; however, taken as a whole is close to impossible hence a cheater IMO.
As the OP stated in a matter of hours gaining 29 levels and having that inventory with limited fights/robberies won is impossible period.
I've been playing just over 7 months on level 63 account. Total fights won to date 799 and robberies won 12868 (suspected cheater has 1789 fights won and 452 robberies won). I have just bought 1 chain whip in the last 6 months or so and have accumulated 58067 respect now with pretty selective high respect ratio robberies and from events/scratchers.
305 exceleros would equate to 366,000 respect earned from level 115-127 in a matter of hours. Cheater without a doubt.

Even if I can buy the maximum amount of gold possible Itunes does put a limit of how much you can buy. With all this gold in my inventory I can start buying scratchers until I burn through all the vaults of gold. Say I get lucky and all the scratchers turn out to be respect. Now I have to start buying respect items en mass. After buying all exceleros I now need to gain 29 levels in a matter of a few hours. Lets assume I still have enough gold left to refill my energy I still need to burn through a whole lot of missions to level that quickly or win fights/robberies. The numbers mentioned can't support this period even if the person had weeks to do this but accomplished everything in a matter of hours.

Xtwagon
06-24-2012, 02:49 AM
I just got a new iphone. Where do I find help on transferring my game across to my new phone. I cannot remember my password. I think the Funzio ID is the name I was playing with in the game.
I hope somebody can help.

Thanks.

I got attacked by a player named "tala." I"m at level 94, and when I found out I wanted to see if I could retaliate or mine this guy. When I checked his profile he was up to level 98 with stats pretty absurd for someone with no economy and not an overwhelming number of fights or robberies won.

I checked back a few hours later and he had leveled up to 118. I'm looking at his profile again now, two hours later, and he's up to 127.

Here are some of the RP quantities in his inventory:

258X Tommy Gun
114 X sawn off shot gun
307X RPG

204 X chain whips
126 X serrated blades

305 X Excelero

Plus, he's stockpiled even larger amounts of cash weapons, which could be possible if he'd been paying for money, but the RP point weapons are ridiculous.

All this on 1789 fights won, and 452 robberies won.

ATK: 11444
DEF: 9706

Members: 91

He's also not banking anything. Eat well, ladies and gentlemen.

cookie monster
06-24-2012, 08:29 AM
You cannot spontaneously generate regular points. They are not a prize. If the points dont add up, then he got them by cheating

psxnitro
06-24-2012, 02:35 PM
Just got attacked by this person. I wonder how funzio is handling all the money people lost by this guy attacking. He seems to have one gold item though. Everything else in his inventory looks like cash items, and most if not all are in the triple digit numbers.

http://www.funzio.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1382&d=1340571379

http://www.funzio.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1383&d=1340571390