PDA

View Full Version : Advice with NightClubs?

Luciferianism
06-23-2012, 04:05 PM
Is it best to build one then build the other, or build one upgrade it to level 2 and the build the other?
I guess the latter is the general feeling but that takes a lot longer than the former, is it not a good idea to build both in order to afford upgrades to them?
And how far should they be upgraded? It's a bit demoralising to save millions upon millions toward pumping them bigger over and over again as the only focus.

Paulio
06-23-2012, 04:11 PM
Hood economists say it's best to upgrade the first to level 2, then build the second. I plan to ignore this advice and build the second right away because I'm more concerned with aesthetics.

Babytway
06-23-2012, 04:15 PM
lol "hood economists" nice term. it all depends on what you feel like at the time. if you are concerned with boosting income in a hurry upgrade first, then build second, if you have the cash the optimal thing would be to build the one first, upgrade and build second same time.

fuzzy
06-23-2012, 04:33 PM
Hood economists say it's best to upgrade the first to level 2, then build the second. I plan to ignore this advice and build the second right away because I'm more concerned with aesthetics.

That's why I have number 2 in progress right now.

ShawnBB
06-23-2012, 04:39 PM
Speaking of economists,:p

Let's see which one is better after you finished your first NC and saved up 40 million on hand.
Would you rather

save for another 26m for a 64000 IpH boost
OR
build for 32000 IpH boost

Don't forget that the actual income benefit from the 2nd NC will be 6 days later, by then you probably already close to the lvl2 saving.

Luciferianism
06-23-2012, 04:49 PM
That's why I have number 2 in progress right now.
For god's sake fuzzy, can you get off the toilet and give me your opinion?

fuzzy
06-23-2012, 04:50 PM
I'm not going to disagree with you at all. For IPH I should have upgraded to level 2 first.

I have bad self discipline.

Nothing was building.

I had an expansion just finish.

Still had 42 hours left on a current upgrade.

40 million in the bank.

I built it.

Paulio
06-23-2012, 04:51 PM
For god's sake fuzzy, can you get off the toilet and give me your opinion?

Lol, I get it! :-)

mnju_03
06-23-2012, 05:15 PM
Why not both? The upgrade doesn't take long but the build time takes for ever...

misterrunon
06-23-2012, 08:48 PM
here's the math:

$44M to build, which pays out $777,000/day
$66M to upgrade, which pays out $2,3100,000/day

you end up paying only $22 more million (vs. building a new NC) to get 3x the money you'd get for a new level 1 building. basically you play 1.5x initial building cost to get 3x the pay.

the first upgrade pays out significantly better, so level 2 type a buildings are almost always the best to upgrade to level 2.

MaddSkillz
06-23-2012, 09:12 PM
I just upgraded to level 2....well worth the boost

Dreno33
06-23-2012, 11:26 PM
White Frog built a little program (maybe spreadsheet, not sure) and it calculated that it is WISER and FASTER to build and upgrade ONE nightclub to lvl 10 BEFORE building the SECOND nightclub. It is b/c the nightclub continuously gives such a HUGE income boost each level, it is wiser to conserve that 40m to save time for the next upgrade. It makes plenty of sense once you think about it.

I'm considering this approach and seeing how it pays off. What could hurt? right?

Nudie
06-23-2012, 11:47 PM
Yes, please level up all your nightclubs to level 2 or 3 or 4. I love robbing nightclubs.
You are welcome to rob mine in return but I don't have any. :p

SevenO9
06-24-2012, 01:02 AM
My first NC is lvl 2 with 60 million saved so far. Will do the upgrade to lvl 3 as the boost is just massive. Haven't made my mind what happens after lvl 3. So my advice is to upgrade first.

psxnitro
06-24-2012, 01:27 AM
I have a question for vets here. I have two sets of lvl4 MT and lvl2 DR. Should I focus on upgrading all 4 buildings to a certain level first, or start hunkering down and try to build my first NC? I would probably have to sell some of my buildings to make room for a NC, since I just finished my 8th expansion.

My current IPH is only 13k, I still have 3mil in the bank. I'm trying to maximize my income/time, so I don't mind selling off all my older buildings to make room for better income buildings.

Dr Girlfriend
06-24-2012, 03:03 AM
I have a question for vets here. I have two sets of lvl4 MT and lvl2 DR. Should I focus on upgrading all 4 buildings to a certain level first, or start hunkering down and try to build my first NC? I would probably have to sell some of my buildings to make room for a NC, since I just finished my 8th expansion.

My current IPH is only 13k, I still have 3mil in the bank. I'm trying to maximize my income/time, so I don't mind selling off all my older buildings to make room for better income buildings.

I didn't start saving for NC's until my income was more than 10x yours. I guess it comes down to your patience, but expanding your hood, and building and upgrading a couple lofts first would be my suggestion (and definitely upgrading the MTs and DRs along the way).

SevenO9
06-24-2012, 04:46 AM

First, with 13k iph I see no reason to bank 3 million. You need to invest to grow. Get lofts and get them asap

Second, dont shoot for the NC, you will need over 100 days to get there ...

Third, don't sell buildings. At you income level they are fundamental to your growth.

Always build / upgrade the best building you can afford. At no point you should NOT build and upgrade.

My two cents

ShawnBB
06-24-2012, 05:09 AM
White Frog built a little program (maybe spreadsheet, not sure) and it calculated that it is WISER and FASTER to build and upgrade ONE nightclub to lvl 10 BEFORE building the SECOND nightclub. It is b/c the nightclub continuously gives such a HUGE income boost each level, it is wiser to conserve that 40m to save time for the next upgrade. It makes plenty of sense once you think about it.

I'm considering this approach and seeing how it pays off. What could hurt? right?

Buddy, I don't think the conclusion of upgrade to lvl 10 first is correct. I'm not sure what is going on with the calculator/program.

Let the base cost of NC(40m) be 1 and IpH bring(32000) be 1 as well.
Upgrade to lvl 2. Cost 1.67, IpH bring 2
Upgrade to lvl 3. Cost 2.78, IpH bring 3

It is obvious that lvl up from 1 to 2 is the best option since 2/1.67= 1.2 > 1

But once you compare building another lvl 2 NC to upgrade to lvl 3. (1+2)/(1+1.67)=1.12 > 3/(2.78)=1.08
It already appears to be wiser to build another one, not upgrade straight to lvl3.
Actually, it is even worse to straight saving to lvl4.

jmeijer
06-24-2012, 05:27 AM
I think it's best to upgrade the first to lvl3 before you build the second. But it depends on your own style of play. If you have nothing that is building right now and you have a long upgrade in the progress, then I would go for the build.

Dreno33
06-24-2012, 08:28 AM
Buddy, I don't think the conclusion of upgrade to lvl 10 first is correct. I'm not sure what is going on with the calculator/program.

Let the base cost of NC(40m) be 1 and IpH bring(32000) be 1 as well.
Upgrade to lvl 2. Cost 1.67, IpH bring 2
Upgrade to lvl 3. Cost 2.78, IpH bring 3

It is obvious that lvl up from 1 to 2 is the best option since 2/1.67= 1.2 > 1

But once you compare building another lvl 2 NC to upgrade to lvl 3. (1+2)/(1+1.67)=1.12 > 3/(2.78)=1.08
It already appears to be wiser to build another one, not upgrade straight to lvl3.
Actually, it is even worse to straight saving to lvl4.

do you have WF's CC-all-in-one?

if so, try his goal calculator. Even that shows it somewhat.

Actually, let me screenshot mine real quick, brb

EDIT: here's what my Goal Calculator says currently
http://i48.tinypic.com/2573n92.png

misterrunon
06-24-2012, 08:40 AM
Im going to sell my ****ty buildings since they are just not worth it. For example i messed up a bit as a noob and have a lvl 1 meat factory akd fish store. I make maybe 2.5k a day from them combined.. they are $100 iph so i have no problem selling them to make roomfor a beachside inn.

ShawnBB
06-24-2012, 12:53 PM
do you have WF's CC-all-in-one?

if so, try his goal calculator. Even that shows it somewhat.

Actually, let me screenshot mine real quick, brb

EDIT: here's what my Goal Calculator says currently
http://i48.tinypic.com/2573n92.png

Ok, fair enough. The value of lvl1 NC is around the same as lvl 4, lvl2 is the best, lvl3 second best.
Still, build the second NC to lvl2 is better than save straight to lvl3.

What's more here is that, this calculator(using GFI) has a MAJOR problem, which is the mix of saving time and building time in calculation.
It is a flaw by mixing them together directly by addition.
because during building time you are still saving so it is reducing the next upgrade's saving time by a large amount which higher's 57.53 of lvl2 NC to around 66 actually.
While during hardcore saving time, it is what it is, nothing was neglected.

Just a simple extreme example, if the lvl1 NC was very cheap and has a long long build time, but ends up with the same 41.30 IpH upgrade Vs time.(the rest stays still)
Is it a great deal? Obviously, Hell Ya!

Therefore, with the same iph Upgrade vs Time number.
the larger percent of the building's build time, the better it value is.
And I think that's exactly explained why save straight to high level NC is low efficient even with a higher U vs T number.

IMO, the GFi concept needs a little adjustment here.

Dreno33
06-24-2012, 01:00 PM
@ShawnBB - I was thinking about that too. since we CAN upgrade and build simultaneously, i figured maybe build the 2nd one and keep at lvl 1 while I upgraded the other to lvl 10. but then i realized, maybe saving the amount of money it costs to build (40m) would be more wise to put towards the next upgrade b/c of the fact i could get that DRAMATIC increase in iph by upgrading 40m faster.