PDA

View Full Version : Defense buildings wast of time and money!

Dr BoneCrusher
06-23-2012, 08:13 AM
For the last 4 levels I decided to attack players with a least 50% more defense than my attack. All attempts where robberies of NC. I had 14 NC that meet the criteria. I had 24 wins out of 31 attempts for just under 20million$. The last player had 70k defense, after I attacked the actual defense was 55k, my attack is 36k, I won 4 out of 6, winning over 2million. I am going to use the money for attack bombs and rob players who think they are safe.

enahs1
06-23-2012, 08:15 AM
I like Gatling turrets on level 1. They are small and give 25 defense

silverbackspur
06-23-2012, 08:35 AM
I like Gatling turrets on level 1. They are small and give 25 defense

Why not upgrade them to level 3?

kusio
06-23-2012, 09:42 AM
And to think that some players actually paid money to buy gold to build top-shelf defense buildings, only to find that those buildings don't perform as advertised. I bet Conzio laughed all the way to the bank.

enahs1
06-23-2012, 09:46 AM
That would give them a true defense of 50, correct?

kusio
06-23-2012, 09:57 AM
That would give them a true defense of 50, correct?

Yep. The actual defense contribution from defense buildings (listed as Mafia D) can be found at

http://crimecityios.wikia.com/wiki/Defense_Buildings.

Bottom line - aim for small footprint, don't level too high and don't buy gold.

k0de
06-23-2012, 01:04 PM
Meh.... yes and no. The build/upgrade cost is far lower than that of money buildings, so even if they are a waste of money, it's not like you're wasting a lot of it. The $54k you spend on a Gatling Turret could otherwise get you a Collection Agency, generating a less-than-impressive $325 every three hours, while an extra $6k buys a Magic Playhouse and $3900 a day. Investing the same amount in equipment buys: a 7/5 Assault Rifle (but not a Golden Magnum) or; a 10/5 Steel Garrote, or; a 1/12 Riot Shield (but not a Bulletproof Vest) or; several combinations of (consumable) Explosives, or; a 5/4 69 Camaro (but not a Cadillac). In short, cash doesn't really buy you much anyway.

As for being a waste of time- sure, the hours spent building/upgrading defense could otherwise be used growing your economy, but in the end it comes back to the point above- dollaz ain't sh1t.

dudeman
06-23-2012, 01:21 PM
The key is to know the proper way to use defense buildings. No further comments.

Nudie
06-23-2012, 01:24 PM
What dudeman said. Defense buildings form a key component in your overall defenses. However the returns diminish as the levels increase for the buildings. Better to have many at low levels rather than a few at high levels. :o

Demoni696
06-23-2012, 02:23 PM
I really love when you come to a hood and know the person has no idea how def buildings work. When I visit a hood that has lvl 10 BGA's what I do is count how many they have multiply that number by 1k and then subtract that number from there defense. It's always amusing when someone with an listed defense of 65k has a real defense of 25k.

I have 50 gatling torrents and currently working on getting them all to lvl 2 (then lvl 3). In addition I am working on building missile turrets. I do have a few lvl 8 BGA's however they are completely hidden (oops secret is out).

Dr BoneCrusher
06-23-2012, 03:12 PM
The key is to know the proper way to use defense buildings. No further comments.

Dudeman, spread the knowlage the newer players on the forum would love the advice.

dudeman
06-23-2012, 03:50 PM
Dudeman, spread the knowlage the newer players on the forum would love the advice.

I can say that the majority of what I know was learned by reading the forum. Anything else is just based on how I have used that knowledge and my resulting observations. I don't think it would be the best idea to just give away what I've learned as it could easily work against me.

Timing is important for defense buildings much in the same way time is important when growing your economy. If you don't waste time, defense buildings can be quite effective.

But like I said, I don't want to say too much. It could be a terrible, terrible thing if my rivals knew what I know. :o

Babytway
06-23-2012, 06:27 PM
Well i do know its cost me way more stamina to rob Dudeman now. and im sure by the next time he decides not to collect on time i won't even have a close chance at getting a success

dudeman
06-23-2012, 07:15 PM
Well i do know its cost me way more stamina to rob Dudeman now. and im sure by the next time he decides not to collect on time i won't even have a close chance at getting a success

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll290/JiMmIyZ/FamilyGuy-Good20Good.gif

Good.

Good.

Lol :o

J-Rizzi
06-23-2012, 08:55 PM
All that math sounds great. Or you could do what I do. Use 1 stamina and see if you successfully rob the poor SOB.
I really love when you come to a hood and know the person has no idea how def buildings work. When I visit a hood that has lvl 10 BGA's what I do is count how many they have multiply that number by 1k and then subtract that number from there defense. It's always amusing when someone with an listed defense of 65k has a real defense of 25k.

I have 50 gatling torrents and currently working on getting them all to lvl 2 (then lvl 3). In addition I am working on building missile turrets. I do have a few lvl 8 BGA's however they are completely hidden (oops secret is out).

Hank
06-24-2012, 01:10 AM
I really love when you come to a hood and know the person has no idea how def buildings work.

Do you even know how def buildings really work?? I think many people have ideas, but no one really knows with 100% certainty. If you think you know, please share.

Bala82
06-24-2012, 02:15 AM
I can't believe how hoods have guard towers i seen one hood 20-30 with all money building inside.

I also can't believe how player have build Neigbourhood watch defence building in their hood it such a big building.

outbackhat
06-24-2012, 02:22 AM
As in real life there is no fool proof way to prevent someone from robbing you. Using a sound military defensive set up works for me and I dont waste alot of ground space. I love it when some bury there money behind towers tells me come and get it,lol.

i need muney
06-24-2012, 02:59 AM
After you've built all money buildings you need, you're going to build defence anyway.

Bala82
06-24-2012, 03:08 AM
After you've built all money buildings you need, you're going to build defence anyway.

Yeah but you just need to understand how use it effectively. The majority inexpereience player don't know this which creates a problem.

outbackhat
06-24-2012, 03:28 AM
Far from me to tell someone what will work for them, but think about this for layout idea. What are perimeter defense for?, where would the spotters be for them to have best field of view and close to weapons?, how far from stations is where would guards stay when not needed.

Dr BoneCrusher
06-24-2012, 04:11 AM
@Dudeman read all the major threads about defensive buildings. The best I can up with is low level turrets and missiles do help. But it looks like players who spend time upgreading are SOL.

Bala82
06-24-2012, 08:23 AM
Avoid machine malfuction goal waste of money

Swearengen
06-24-2012, 12:39 PM
For the last 4 levels I decided to attack players with a least 50% more defense than my attack. All attempts where robberies of NC. I had 14 NC that meet the criteria. I had 24 wins out of 31 attempts for just under 20million$. The last player had 70k defense, after I attacked the actual defense was 55k, my attack is 36k, I won 4 out of 6, winning over 2million. I am going to use the money for attack bombs and rob players who think they are safe.

Dr BoneCrusher

I know a few folks who have serious def stats and use bldgs very well. It think it is a viable technique but it does take some investment in space (primarily) and smart planning to use them well.

Luciferianism
06-24-2012, 12:48 PM
I like defence buildings. They work best if you don't need them anyway and they're just acting as a supplement to an already strong defence. Could be the difference between winning and losing, spiting an enemy by blowing explosives or not.

Canoehead
06-24-2012, 08:04 PM
This is what i have picked up. Can't swear its accurate
When getting robbed, 50% def equip + 100% def bldgs + (def skill x ?)
When getting attacked def bldgs don't count and def equip is at 100%
Believe the multiplier for def skill is lvl x .1 maxing out at lvl 100