PDA

View Full Version : Exchanges?

MSH
06-22-2012, 07:30 PM
I posted the calculations somewhere else, but do think that the idea of exchanges deserves a separate thread. - Funzio currently has a sale of 110 gems for $7.99, same as some 41 k gold - usually both at $9.99. That puts exchange rates at 372.73 gold per 1 gem, 13.77 gems per 1$ and 5,121 gold per 1$.

As the game matures more and more players would amass considerable unspent gold reserves, while the new players (hopefully there would be at least some inflow of new players for a while;)) would continue to need extra gold for their construction, army purchases, upgrade, etc. It might be advantageous for both parties to participate in the exchange. Of course, exchange rate should be sat at a fraction of what Funzio charges, say 5 k gold per 1 gem and Funzio should be allocated at least some cut for allowing/ setting up such a player to player exchange, but technically, setting up player to player marketplace might be a win win to everyone...Just imagine, someone looking for say snow troll heart, or an essence of Seth for days, yet you have a half dozen of each sitting idly in your loot. You sell your surplus artifacts for gold, or gems, or even exchange for some weapons, etc. Everyone is happy, even after Funzio gets a cut of the transaction :)

Any thoughts.

asdfg12345
06-22-2012, 07:51 PM
would really defeat the purpose of quests if you can just buy them out

CounterSniper
06-22-2012, 07:54 PM
I posted the calculations somewhere else, but do think that the idea of exchanges deserves a separate thread. - Funzio currently has a sale of 110 gems for $7.99, same as some 41 k gold - usually both at $9.99. That puts exchange rates at 372.73 gold per 1 gem, 13.77 gems per 1$ and 5,121 gold per 1$.

As the game matures more and more players would amass considerable unspent gold reserves, while the new players (hopefully there would be at least some inflow of new players for a while;)) would continue to need extra gold for their construction, army purchases, upgrade, etc. It might be advantageous for both parties to participate in the exchange. Of course, exchange rate should be sat at a fraction of what Funzio charges, say 5 k gold per 1 gem and Funzio should be allocated at least some cut for allowing/ setting up such a player to player exchange, but technically, setting up player to player marketplace might be a win win to everyone...Just imagine, someone looking for say snow troll heart, or an essence of Seth for days, yet you have a half dozen of each sitting idly in your loot. You sell your surplus artifacts for gold, or gems, or even exchange for some weapons, etc. Everyone is happy, even after Funzio gets a cut of the transaction :)

Any thoughts.

I've always been an advocate for exchange programs whether it's wheeling and dealing with other players or being able to turn in for example 100 of an item you no longer use for one that you could use to funzio.

As for the gold to gem exchange I don't think it would ever be viable. The initial gold(gems for KA) hacks in CC were rather quickly identified and the hole was plugged but the cash(gold for KA) hack has been an ongoing problem and as such would most definitely be used for further advantage to hackers. Because of that situation they realize the vulnerabilities and until such a time as they can provably plug the game currency hacks that just won't occur. Too bad really, but that's just another reason why cheaters ruin the game for everyone.

MSH
06-22-2012, 08:14 PM
would really defeat the purpose of quests if you can just buy them out
I have got 44 yew staffs, 25 hagstones, 17 Malik's Journals, etc.,etc., etc., including 2 Essences of Seth - all sitting idly in my "loot" - would have literally exchanged them for anything, or even given them away for free :) As to quests - not all would be able to pay for the exchanges, or even want to - the quests are fun! Otherwise, it is as with gems - you could buy yourself a kingdom, or try to build one :)

Oh well, I also got some 1000 foot soldiers, 605 clerics, 338 scouts, 213 water mages and tons of other currently useless items that could come handy to other players...with no quests ruined - would really be glad to exchange them for something...

tcapi
06-22-2012, 08:18 PM
Oh well, I also got some 1000 foot soldiers, 605 clerics, 338 scouts, 213 water mages and tons of other currently useless items that could come handy to other players...with no quests ruined - would really be glad to exchange them for something...

Men retire from front line and get Honor points............

MSH
06-22-2012, 08:19 PM
I've always been an advocate for exchange programs whether it's wheeling and dealing with other players or being able to turn in for example 100 of an item you no longer use for one that you could use to funzio.

As for the gold to gem exchange I don't think it would ever be viable. The initial gold(gems for KA) hacks in CC were rather quickly identified and the hole was plugged but the cash(gold for KA) hack has been an ongoing problem and as such would most definitely be used for further advantage to hackers. Because of that situation they realize the vulnerabilities and until such a time as they can provably plug the game currency hacks that just won't occur. Too bad really, but that's just another reason why cheaters ruin the game for everyone.

Gold to gems - understood, although it really a pity, but what about "goods marketplace", or some sort of barter market place with no apparently easy/quick benefits for the hackers - could this work?

MSH
06-22-2012, 08:20 PM
Men retire from front line and get Honor points............
Wow - that's cool - honor points for all :) !!!

CounterSniper
06-22-2012, 08:21 PM
Gold to gems - understood, although it really a pity, but what about "goods marketplace", or some sort of barter market place with no apparently easy/quick benefits for the hackers - could this work?

I think it could work and would love to see it implemented.

Skoty422
06-23-2012, 05:56 AM
Yea I'm all in for being able to sell units/ equipment for gold or honors. And I definately would like to see some incentives to EARN some gems. Weither it be at "x" amount of enemy kills or pvp wins or building upgrades to lvl 10.

Hapl0
06-23-2012, 06:55 AM
Nice ideas Skoty!