PDA

View Full Version : Wise to put respect on NVB?

ShawnBB
06-22-2012, 05:35 PM
I would say NO, FCG is way better.

Everyone's inventory is pretty much flooded with 6/8 boxing trunks and lots of police armor.

300 RP can bring 10 atk and 8 def.
800 RP can bring 11 atk and 19 def(absolute end game item) nothing can replace 17/27 stats.

for 99% CC players,build up item defense stats is the priority no matter you are a Econ crawler or PvP maniac.
A good defense can protect you from lose on hand cash and prevent the revenge from the players you invaded.
Nobody wants to get their base whooped all over when they wake up in the morning and scared of withdrawing a single bit of cash on hand.

Personally,I don't understand the point of spend RP heavily for the purpose of raising your attack score.(like NVB or RPG)
You can always find targets to complete thug life,you can always rob others base(a guy with 10000atk just robbed my 19000 def)
when you are focusing spending RPs on defense, it could naturally bring you a fair enough attack score. Plus event item and explosive, there is no problem robbing anybody regular.

Why not invest the game cash on chaingun(7/18) +12 def(I won't get over 50 RP guns they are for offensive purpose), since FBI shield only +8 def.

Chain gun + CW + FCG + ECB,police armor truck,exelero. :)
vs
RPG + CW + NVB,FBI + ECB,police armor truck,less exelero. :(

QPR
06-22-2012, 05:43 PM
Not an end game, wait and save the rp

Feng1234
06-22-2012, 06:47 PM
I think the issue is that you can get nearly 3 NVBs for 1 FCG. Few people would play the game long enough to save enough respect to get enough fcG to make it worth their whilst you can more immediate fun and benefit from having nvbs. Plus the extra RPs you save can be put to use for CWs as well so again, providing a immediate boost.

As for attack, I still prefer this over defense because well, I like being offensive :)

So still nvbs + FBI, RPGs, exe, CWs for me.

Feng1234
06-22-2012, 06:48 PM
Though you might have a point now there's daily scratchers and weekly events....

joaquim
06-22-2012, 09:20 PM
Get NVGs. Like Feng mentioned, you can get 3 NVGs for 1 FCG. I have 200 of them. Out of all my equipment, armor is the one where I have the most weapons. If it wasn't then I'd get 300 instead of 200.

RijilV
06-22-2012, 10:16 PM
eh, at high level trying to get meaningful defense is pointless. > level 170 folks have spent $,$$$ on this game and have AT well beyond the def you'd ever be able to buy with RP. You'd have to drop $,$$$ on crates in order to effectively defend against them. That being said, I'm saving for FCG. I also have 333 UWV so according to my AT/RP gain, I have like 1/2 million RP (give or take) before it makes sense buying FCGs. Turns out replacing the M4A1s is a better deal than the UWV in terms of AT/RP, not to menton ugrading my 300+ YRB.

Eyelusion
06-22-2012, 11:17 PM
FCG UWV YRP NVG NVG NVB FBI ECB - help some noobs and define these in the opening post or something?

dudeman
06-22-2012, 11:24 PM
FCG UWV YRP NVG NVG NVB FBI ECB - help some noobs and define these in the opening post or something?

Damn, I don't even have to look up what one of those means.

FCG - Full Combat Gear
UWV - Urban Warfare Vest
YRB - Yamaha Race Bike
NVG - does not exist
NVB - Night Vision Binoculars
FBI - FBI Shield
ECB - Empire Central Bus
APT - Armored Police Truck

Hope that helps some boobies. I mean noobies. Damn autocorrect. :p

ShawnBB
06-22-2012, 11:55 PM
I still suck on RP item distribute.
All experienced late game folks. What would be the best possible way of constructing a strong defense before entering gold whales' sight?

For example loot UWV, or loot ECB. Spend how much RP on 300s mid game items like NVB or YRB or sawn off
I don't have m4a1 because joined the game too late.
Is it still possible to keep cash on hand after some certain level like lvl120 or lvl130 and so?
More to come :)
I thinking about camping at high level which has a lot of end game money building unlocked, not sure if it is suicide...

Hank
06-23-2012, 02:17 AM
while the game has a lvl cap, there is no respect cap. Since there is an essentially endless supply of respect points in this game, there is no reason not to buy NVB early on as long as they add a decent amount to your stats. You can always replace them with FCG or EMS later.

I can't think of any good reason to camp. There are players with lots of gold weapons at every level. Not just higher levels, also free players outnumber gold players at all levels, so there is no real reason to be scared of leveling.

Nudie
06-23-2012, 02:40 AM
Agree with Hank 100%. There's no need for camping whatsoever. Just boring.

ShawnBB
06-23-2012, 11:56 AM
while the game has a lvl cap, there is no respect cap. Since there is an essentially endless supply of respect points in this game, there is no reason not to buy NVB early on as long as they add a decent amount to your stats. You can always replace them with FCG or EMS later.

I can't think of any good reason to camp. There are players with lots of gold weapons at every level. Not just higher levels, also free players outnumber gold players at all levels, so there is no real reason to be scared of leveling.

Great enlighten,hank! :)
But the level thing is vital according to my MW experience, once I reached like lvl120, everybody from lvl200 all the way down can see me which caused imbalance in competing.
I quit MW due to lot of high level players don't lose units when they attacking, while I still lose units normally,game went completely broken and pointless.

I'll keep farming ECB,but stop PvP for a while to slow my lvl up speed a little bit anyway.

Ramshutu
06-23-2012, 12:07 PM
The mathematics and some stas behind FCG or NVB is here

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?22572-FCG-s-or-NVB-s-some-stats.

ShawnBB
06-23-2012, 12:27 PM
The mathematics and some stas behind FCG or NVB is here

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?22572-FCG-s-or-NVB-s-some-stats.

Ramshutu, I've always been a fan of your math related idea.

Since I'm just interested in defense per RP spent here,FCG will be the top RP item for me for a very long time, CW is the second best for defense boost.
TBH,I never liked those items with atk>def...

kykboxr
06-23-2012, 01:03 PM
Damn, I don't even have to look up what one of those means.

FCG - Full Combat Gear
UWV - Urban Warfare Vest
YRB - Yamaha Race Bike
NVG - does not exist
NVB - Night Vision Binoculars
FBI - FBI Shield
ECB - Empire Central Bus
APT - Armored Police Truck

Hope that helps some boobies. I mean noobies. Damn autocorrect. :p

I'm at L48 +/- and have a mafia of 50 with 50 NVB. I'm on Frog's spreadsheet and see the stats for the FULL COMBAT GEAR ("FCG") but don't see the level where it opens. Right now the one thing I will be saving for are the CHAIN WHIPS which will open in the next 5-7 levels. Once I'm able to fully equip those, then I'll be in good shape. Same goes for the Excelero...at what level do these open up? At 1,200 a piece, I also need to be saving for those.

Nudie
06-23-2012, 01:21 PM
There are "dark alley goggles" ;)

ShawnBB
06-23-2012, 01:27 PM
I'm at L48 +/- and have a mafia of 50 with 50 NVB. I'm on Frog's spreadsheet and see the stats for the FULL COMBAT GEAR ("FCG") but don't see the level where it opens. Right now the one thing I will be saving for are the CHAIN WHIPS which will open in the next 5-7 levels. Once I'm able to fully equip those, then I'll be in good shape. Same goes for the Excelero...at what level do these open up? At 1,200 a piece, I also need to be saving for those.

You will never fully equip your mafia with end game RP items. Unless you can see 500 mafia rivals on your list to complete thug life.
Work up defense for 100 mafia, it's time to build loft according to your IpH.

kykboxr
06-23-2012, 01:45 PM
You will never fully equip your mafia with end game RP items. Unless you can see 500 mafia rivals on your list to complete thug life.
Work up defense for 100 mafia, it's time to build loft according to your IpH.

I already have two lofts. I had 100 mafia and dropped them to 50. I need to upgrade lofts/MT/Dom's to at least L5 as my next 'project.'

RijilV
06-23-2012, 02:17 PM
Hrm I did the math on this - going FCG nets me an additional 368 AT for 193,900 additional RP over going NVB. Needless to say, I'm going to go NVB when the time comes to replace my UWV.

Nudie
06-23-2012, 02:25 PM
Hrm I did the math on this - going FCG nets me an additional 368 AT for 193,900 additional RP over going NVB. Needless to say, I'm going to go NVB when the time comes to replace my UWV.

Yes, stick with the NVB. Your beard will turn white before you get all your FCGs.

Ramshutu
06-23-2012, 04:21 PM
I would trade all of my defence from items for another 15% increase to atk. While its a nice state to look at, it is relatively worthless to anyone who is below the gold gap. Below the gold gap, an extra 5000 that the FCG gives really means and extra 5 minutes before your buildings get robbed.