PDA

View Full Version : Which would you suggest?

Lt. Falcon
06-22-2012, 11:47 AM
I was thinking of going for my first nanotech factory. However, my electric power plants are currently both at lvl 4 and after examining the figures, I see that a level 5 electric power plant upgrades costs $18 mil and yields an increase of $20k iph. I do not have the the upgrade time for this however (if you have an answer for this, I would appreciate it). The nano-tech factory would cost $19.8 mil and yields a $16.6k iph gain. I'm pretty sure this is a no-brainer for most of you, but I am open to suggestions as to which you would go for first.

Bronson
06-22-2012, 11:53 AM
The EPP takes 90 hrs to upgrade and it depends on how many times you collect it per day. Your gonna get both so just pick which one will make you the most money first.

Jp lfs
06-22-2012, 12:00 PM
I might not give the most obvious or popular answer... instead I'll ask the question...

With a 1-hour cycle building, you will probably miss 1/3-1/2 of the collections on them, even during events. With a 12-hour cycle building, you will catch both collections every day, so the iph boost is actually realized. Personally, I try to focus on the 12, 24, and 48 hour buildings, again because I will definitely get those on time. With anything shorter than a 6 hour cycle time (8 for me) I am missing at least 1 or 2 of those collections, so the iph boost is smoke.

The upside to lower cycle times is that they are usually ignored by raiders because of the lower payout. Your Nano will be a target, even if you never upgrade it, for the rest of your game. My counterpoint to that, though, is that the best defense against raids is on-time collections. And again, I never miss my 12, 24, and 48's. My 1, 3, 4, and 6's get lost every day.

Sorry, classic TL;DR post for me, but the question you have to answer is are you going to realize the full benefit of upgrading the short cycle buildings? If not, then I would put your money (and more importantly TIME) into buildings that you can reap the full benefit from.

Dr. Dengus
06-22-2012, 12:04 PM
I'd personally go for the Nano , it's an extra $400k every day. With the EPP giving you an extra $20k per hour with it's next upgrade, you'd have to collect from it 20 times a day to reach the same payout as the nano. I'm sure you'd rather just collect from a building twice a day as opposed to 20 times :)

Lt. Falcon
06-22-2012, 12:19 PM
During events, I collect the EPP to pay for my cash opens which currently still leaves me a surplus amount and I don't have to budget myself so I can have the 50% option every time. As for collections, I tend to collect from the EPP about 18-20 times daily due to acute insomnia. I do have the area to build both nanos, but looking at the fiures I was looking for public opinion. Currently, I have not really been an often target for raids. The last time I recall being raided was more than 3 weeks ago, even though I do have some quality buildings that I would normally raid my rivals for.

Thief
06-22-2012, 01:32 PM
Personally:

Nano. Even though you collect 18-20 times an hour the way i look at it you can only upgrade one building at a time but i'm assuming you don't have many new buildings that you need to still build and you can utilize building and upgrading. (i'm sure you have something else you would like to upgrade that doesn't cost much more than a million?) This by it's very nature i think makes the nano build more valuable and if your upgrading another money building at the time then it increases your IPH that much more.

Also i'm more prone to like the 12/24/48 because they allow you to jump from 10 Million Vaulted to much higher in a couple of hours when your buildings are synched together to collect. This will allow you to get to 20 million and then 30 million in big jumps.

Warfiend
06-22-2012, 03:20 PM
Personally, I intend to get the nanos built and leveled as soon as I possibly can. It will only get harder to do the longer you wait, unless you completely stop leveling.

JohnnyR
06-22-2012, 03:32 PM
I wouldn't even look at IPH numbers, but actual collection. Once you get the real IPH based on your collections, choice is pretty obvious.

Also, IMO, it would be better to build a new building to begin with, as you'd lose that income from EPPs when upgrading. Building would be my priority.

Even if you screw up a collection, you'll still probably get more per day from a Nano than an EPP.

Arizona
06-22-2012, 04:31 PM
I'd personally go for the Nano , it's an extra $400k every day. With the EPP giving you an extra $20k per hour with it's next upgrade, you'd have to collect from it 20 times a day to reach the same payout as the nano. I'm sure you'd rather just collect from a building twice a day as opposed to 20 times :)

Hey Dr D hows it going?
A level 5 EPP actually pays out 64,000 an hour. It's a 20,000 increase on the 44,000 payout at L4. So you're only looking at 7 collections a day(448,000) to do better than a Nanotech. I'm upgrading mine to L5 at the moment.
I'd personally upgrade first, whatever gave me the highest payout increase per hour...but only after all my building are constructed. If you halt the EPP payouts per hour whilst it's upgrading, you're not bringing in anything from that. I just like to know that while a Nanotech is being built, my EPP is still producing cash.

There are always other factors to consider like time and money, but in this case I'd build the Nanotech; knowing I'm still getting something from my L4 EPP.

Jhoemel
06-22-2012, 05:08 PM
Nanotech factory

Dr. Dengus
06-22-2012, 05:12 PM
Hey Dr D hows it going?
A level 5 EPP actually pays out 64,000 an hour. It's a 20,000 increase on the 44,000 payout at L4. So you're only looking at 7 collections a day(448,000) to do better than a Nanotech. I'm upgrading mine to L5 at the moment.
I'd personally upgrade first, whatever gave me the highest payout increase per hour...but only after all my building are constructed. If you halt the EPP payouts per hour whilst it's upgrading, you're not bringing in anything from that. I just like to know that while a Nanotech is being built, my EPP is still producing cash.

There are always other factors to consider like time and money, but in this case I'd build the Nanotech; knowing I'm still getting something from my L4 EPP.

Hey I'm doing well, yourself? You can ignore that pm too btw, I'm doing some trial and error at the moment with all that. He's already collecting $44k from his current EPP though. So the income gain from a lvl 5 EPP will only outweigh that of a lvl 1 Nano if he collects 21 times a day. If you are truly collecting from the EPP 18-20 times a day though Falcon, then both will give you about the same income boost (360-400k for the EPP and 400k for the Nano). So then it's a matter of downtime. The Nano takes 72 hrs to build while the EPP takes 90 hrs to upgrade...so I say build the Nano and then upgrade the EPP. You can have boost upgrades going during the 3 day Nano build, or just the shorter and cheaper money building upgrades.

Lt. Falcon
06-22-2012, 05:14 PM
Thanks for all of your suggestions and opinions, I have decided to go for the nanotech factory barring any unfortunate set-backs. @Bronson, thanks for the helpful info.

and in the meantime I will be upgrading my level 3 weapnons factories as they only take 18 hrs each. Let's just say I didn't really focus on the low iph gains instead went for high iph gains to get my economy in better shape since I started the game off horribly under the Iranian flag, (I don't even recall me selecting that at the beginning) and leveing up way to fast.

Maverick50727
06-22-2012, 05:59 PM
You can't go wrong either way, but I agree with what JP said. They are a target with the higher payout at once. IPH values are just theoretical until you collect all. Even 5 min supply depots generate a large IPH estimate, but you will never be able to collect that. It does help when it comes to a IPH contest though, they just went with what shows in your stats for IPH, not what you collected.

EPP are good for a few things too. A quick hourly collection is good during events to pay for medium opens. I know it gets pricey for me at 146K per try.

I also found having 2 of each and upgrading many helps more. Yes if you max one to L10 it pays the most, but any building over a certain level becomes a target too.

Lt. Falcon
06-22-2012, 10:00 PM
started construction on first nano-tech factory, now i can sleep

stricker
06-22-2012, 10:20 PM
started construction on first nano-tech factory, now i can sleep

awesome lt.flacon... you sleep in the next few days and i collect the cash for you, ok!!! lol ;p