PDA

View Full Version : Is there a grace period for buildings showing to rivals

Murda
06-21-2012, 10:27 PM
The past two nights I was informed of the exact times that a friend's buildings would be up for robbing for syncing purposes.

Both night I traveled back and forth my my hood to his hood for 7 minutes before the buildings actually showed up as rob-able.

Is this a known game mechanism that I am just now finding out about?

dudeman
06-21-2012, 10:36 PM
Did you and your friend synchronize your watches? If not then I would have to guess that's your explanation right there.

When your buildings are ready for you to collect the server likely sees them as ready to be robbed too, so that only leaves unsynched clocks on your end as an explanation.

Murda
06-21-2012, 10:44 PM
Well I guess if he's looking at a watch that is 7 minutes slow, maybe that would be the case, I just don't think that is the case in this instance.

I guess what i'm looking for is someone that has experienced a building being rob-able within 1 or 2 minutes of a known time to disprove what I'm experiencing.

dudeman
06-21-2012, 10:47 PM
Well I guess if he's looking at a watch that is 7 minutes slow, maybe that would be the case, I just don't think that is the case in this instance.

I guess what i'm looking for is someone that has experienced a building being rob-able within 1 or 2 minutes of a known time to disprove what I'm experiencing.

Your watch could be 7 minutes fast. Or his watch could be 3:30 slow and yours 3:30 fast.

If a building is up for you to collect, it's up for someone to rob.

skorpio696
06-21-2012, 10:57 PM
Ok there is a Grace Period of 5 minutes after a building is Due Bofore Anyone Else Can see that building so say a nightclub is Due to payout at 10Am This means NO one else will see that cash sign above the building until after the 5 min grace period at 10.05 am it will become visable To ALL

Murda
06-21-2012, 11:02 PM
Ok there is a Grace Period of 5 minutes after a building is Due Bofore Anyone Else Can see that building so say a nightclub is Due to payout at 10Am This means NO one else will see that cash sign above the building until after the 5 min garce period at 10.05 am it will become visable To ALL

Thanks professor.

Dudeman, you may want to not spout off about a topic that you clearly are not informed about. I use the clock on my iPad, which is automatically synced. I assume most people when quoting times are using their phone clocks which are automatically synced.

dudeman
06-21-2012, 11:02 PM
Ok there is a Grace Period of 5 minutes after a building is Due Bofore Anyone Else Can see that building so say a nightclub is Due to payout at 10Am This means NO one else will see that cash sign above the building until after the 5 min garce period at 10.05 am it will become visable To ALL

I call shenanigans.

I've been robbed within seconds of a building being up for collection.

mnju_03
06-21-2012, 11:18 PM
I call shenanigans.

I've been robbed within seconds of a building being up for collection.

Me too!!! Some people stalk me and know my collections... I respect their devotion but it leads me to agree with dudeman.

DoubleBarrelMob
06-21-2012, 11:25 PM

This is not the case, your building is up for grabs to all at the same time it is for you.

dudeman
06-21-2012, 11:25 PM
Thanks professor.

Dudeman, you may want to not spout off about a topic that you clearly are not informed about. I use the clock on my iPad, which is automatically synced. I assume most people when quoting times are using their phone clocks which are automatically synced.

You're really going to tell someone 76 levels above you they don't know what they're talking about?

Ok, let your stuff sit 5 minutes and see if you get robbed. Lol!

2 iPads with automatically updated clocks won't necessarily have the same time. Different regions can show different times depending on many factors. It's a ginormous assumption to say all iPads that automatically update the clock are using the same clock to update from!

But like I said, just go ahead and let some buildings sit and see how long it takes to have them robbed. If I were a little more conniving I would tell you there is a grace period, and then I would stalk the crap out of you! I'm not like that though, but I forgot that everything you read on the Internet is true. It has to be. It's on the internets!

Don't say nobody warned you. http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?36034-Don-t-listen-to-any-quot-professors-quot-in-Crime-City

Munch on it
06-21-2012, 11:34 PM
I have two accounts one I have a large economy and use that as a source of income for my other account and yes I do have to wait around 5 mins before I can rob it. And I can assure you I don't need to synce my clocks cos they are both my accounts ha. And before you ask yes I have restarted the app several times to reconnect with the sever but still have to wait the 5 min period

Murda
06-21-2012, 11:39 PM
A grace period is a big game changer, at least for me. Im always scrambling to get those buildings collected that I forgot were coming up.

So the new motto is "the best defense is to collect within 5 minutes"

RijilV
06-21-2012, 11:54 PM
Depends on the ipad - if it is one with cellular access iOS will sync from the towers which are actually really good sources of time. Typically contain more than one stratum 1 time source:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cell_site

If your iPad doesn't have cellular but is running iOS 5 and you've not gone out of your way to block outbound NTP on your network (and its hard to imagine someone doing this...). From the digging around (not in the link bellow) I've seen it suggested Apple publishes a stratum 3 NTP service for their devices.

http://www.macobserver.com/tmo/article/what_time_is_it_your_ipad_ios_5_finally_knows/

Anywho, my suspicion is that there are likely delays, but probably unintentional. When you collect from a building the application doesn't instantly phone home and let funzio know about, it batches these events until either a periodic sync or you do some other action like deposit the money, delete a comment, quit the application, etc. Your building's collection time isn't reported back (this is why time hacks work), just what you collected. I'm not sure if when you enter a hood it pushes the time to next collection with the data (I actually doubt this), so my guess if your client caches the hood data for a bit and it isn't until that cache expires and funzio's servers catch up that you'll see the buildings as rob-able.

Granted, that's all speculation but you're dealing with a distributed system and devices that are frequently partitioned. CAP theorem says you only get to pick two of Consistence, Availability and Partitioning. We expect the game to be up all the time, our clients frequently go dark, so... you're left sacrificing some consistency.

but YMMV, who knows maybe your device sucks and is 7 minutes fast.

skorpio696
06-21-2012, 11:54 PM
Ok Then let me put it this way i live in Australia & my Good friend lives in Canada we usually rob each other to Sync our buildings he will tell me exactly the time in canada time & whats left on the countdown timer When his buildings are Due And from this experience of robbing him Hundreds of times its Always been that his buildings dont show up for 5 minutes after the timer runs out And i also have left my buildings OPEN for this extra 5 minutes in order to aid in syncing them never once during this 5 minute period have ANY of my buildings been robbed So you tell me Whos going to see my hotels, office buildings. rock cafes, pirate taverns ready during that 5 minutes and just leave them No One Would So it does Work Sorry if it Doesn't Work For You But it certainly does for Me And my Friends And i Still use this method of collecting my buildings to this very Day Sure there may be some time variables but it has been tried and tested by me & Teflon Don And It Works For US

skorpio696
06-21-2012, 11:57 PM
I have two accounts one I have a large economy and use that as a source of income for my other account and yes I do have to wait around 5 mins before I can rob it. And I can assure you I don't need to synce my clocks cos they are both my accounts ha. And before you ask yes I have restarted the app several times to reconnect with the sever but still have to wait the 5 min periodThanks Munch on it for Verifying What i Knew Was Already Happening With The So Called "Grace Period" Cheers To YOU

Brooklyn Boy
06-22-2012, 12:22 AM
IMHO There is difinitely a delay. I have done many sync. Robberies with multiple players and every time there was a delay although I never actually timed it, it always seemed to be about 5 min.

Paulio
06-22-2012, 12:34 AM
Murda, what time zone are you in?

Jess@ishoejby.dk
06-22-2012, 05:34 AM
My friend and I have a 5 min delay, when my buildinge is ready to collect there goes 5 min before he Can rob me

Murda
06-22-2012, 06:09 AM
Murda, what time zone are you in?

I am eastern

Feng1234
06-22-2012, 06:56 AM
I have two accounts one I have a large economy and use that as a source of income for my other account and yes I do have to wait around 5 mins before I can rob it. And I can assure you I don't need to synce my clocks cos they are both my accounts ha. And before you ask yes I have restarted the app several times to reconnect with the sever but still have to wait the 5 min period

Cheating much?

Babytway
06-22-2012, 08:25 AM
Cheating much?

thats not cheating, that just an option lots of people use in many other similiar apps.

i also know of this grace period i have encountered many times before.

BeniBugatti
06-22-2012, 11:37 AM
Cheating much?

I cannot find anything in the rule book which describes this as cheating.

G Wiz
06-22-2012, 11:43 AM
I cannot find anything in the rule book which describes this as cheating.I didn't know there was a rule book...

sexkitteh
06-22-2012, 11:46 AM
I don't think the "collection times/clocks" are stored on the server btw. I think it's on the device.

I only speculate this because:

1) I've logged out of my game quickly after collection and log back in to recollect and the clocks are JUST starting off again... could be hours later ie: 3hour building gets collected, come back 3 hours later and the clock is a 2:58:45...

2) One of the "cheats" out there speeds up the collection time on buildings... which leads me to believe this has nothing to do with the server.. if there's a lag or discrepancy in your collection it's most likely due to lag on your device...

my 2cents...

Paulio
06-22-2012, 11:52 AM
I don't think the "collection times/clocks" are stored on the server btw. I think it's on the device.

I only speculate this because:

1) I've logged out of my game quickly after collection and log back in to recollect and the clocks are JUST starting off again... could be hours later ie: 3hour building gets collected, come back 3 hours later and the clock is a 2:58:45...

I'm pretty sure this is only on android devices. I've never had this problem on iOS, but it happens on my android all the time. But I think you're onto something here about the clocks being linked to your device.

Johnny70
06-22-2012, 01:07 PM
IMO I have seen it both ways there seems to be a 5-7 min lag 99% of the time but that is what I would call it because I have also seen it where there was no lag I believe that time zones matter too I used to rob back and forth with someone in germany im in cent. zone U.S. and that lag was up to 14 min sometimes.. I have been robbed the second my buildings popped though too so I dont believe there is a "five min grace period" I think its chance lag period.

Dipstik
06-22-2012, 01:35 PM
I, for one, do not believe there is a grace period, but I also fully endorse making others believe there is. Why this argument is still going on is the only question that eludes me.

Euchred
06-22-2012, 01:41 PM
I didn't bother reading the whole thread but there is a "grace" peroid of 6 minutes and trust me I would know, I've had two camping accounts linked up for months.

Munch on it
06-22-2012, 01:57 PM
Cheating much?

No one person is getting robbed and one person is robbing how is it cheating? Think your just jealous 😄

Paulio
06-22-2012, 02:02 PM
I, for one, do not believe there is a grace period, but I also fully endorse making others believe there is. Why this argument is still going on is the only question that eludes me.

It's a discussion, not an argument. And it happens to be more relevant than most of what goes on here.

Dipstik
06-22-2012, 02:02 PM
Definitely goes against my sense of fair play, but I'd note two points:

1). The barrier to entry is owning a second device, which makes me think it will never be a common enough problem to be worth fixing. Also, to really gain an advantage, you'd have to milk many accounts, not just one.

2). Cash is meaningless.

Munch on it
06-22-2012, 02:33 PM
Definitely goes against my sense of fair play, but I'd note two points:

1). The barrier to entry is owning a second device, which makes me think it will never be a common enough problem to be worth fixing. Also, to really gain an advantage, you'd have to milk many accounts, not just one.

2). Cash is meaningless.

1). Who's to say one isn't someone else's in my house lol

2). Helps me get my buildings and keeps my explosives up aswell

dudeman
06-22-2012, 02:41 PM
Here is something interesting and relevant to consider:

I was literally JUST robbed not more than 5 minutes after collecting some buildings.

Therefore, intentional 5 minute grace period = NO.

Unintentional lag between device and server = YES.

I would not be at all surprised if the amount of lag varies depending on various factors, but this is double confirmation that there is no intentional "grace period".

I have been robbed in the past within seconds of a building becoming ready to collect, and I have now been robbed within 5 minutes of making the collection myself.

To all those who choose to believe there is an intentional grace period, you just go right ahead and believe whatever you want.

7rs60
06-22-2012, 02:46 PM
I've seen other issues with lag, so it wouldn't surprise me. Like one time, I got attacked and the attacker won $6530. However, I only had $300 cash on hand by the time I was robbed, and I lost the $300. So... I guess $6230 just appeared from nowhere.

Also, I posted another thread where I got free $8 because of lag. Sure it was only $8 that time, but it seemed to come from no source, there was $8 discrepancy in the math.

Murda
06-22-2012, 02:54 PM
I'd like to test whether anyone can rob me within 5 minutes.

Anyone that can see me on level 125, I'm going to leave my 2 LVL 3 nightclubs up for 5 minutes at 8:20:20 est. please try to rob me. No retaliation if you are successful. If you don't see them ever come up by 8:25:20 please let me know.

Dr. Dengus
06-22-2012, 02:56 PM
Sorry if this is unrelated. But has anyone tried robbing a building only to find that it gives you $1? Could this mean there is a delay after collection too?

dudeman
06-22-2012, 03:02 PM
Sorry if this is unrelated. But has anyone tried robbing a building only to find that it gives you $1? Could this mean there is a delay after collection too?

No, some buildings are just like that. Warehouses, Laundromats, Beachside Inns, just to name a few. It doesn't always happen though, I think bulding level is a factor.

msjo
06-22-2012, 03:04 PM

I think this happens when someone else hit the building twice before you got there. Sometimes the math results in a building being available for three robs instead of two.

Dr. Dengus
06-22-2012, 03:10 PM
Ok thanks for the replies. I thought it would be too much of a coincidence for me to be raiding the exact same building at the exact same time as someone else. But I guess its still a possibility.

7rs60
06-22-2012, 04:03 PM
Ok thanks for the replies. I thought it would be too much of a coincidence for me to be raiding the exact same building at the exact same time as someone else. But I guess its still a possibility.

It's not the same time. They robbed it twice say, an hour before you, and left you with the third rob. The third rob is $1 or $2.

I only rob t-shirt stands twice, and leave the last $1 to some sucker who comes to rob it later.

Dr. Dengus
06-22-2012, 04:21 PM
It's not the same time. They robbed it twice say, an hour before you, and left you with the third rob. The third rob is $1 or $2.

I only rob t-shirt stands twice, and leave the last $1 to some sucker who comes to rob it later.

Haha. I've definitely been that sucker before. Thanks for clearing that up though.

Feng1234
06-22-2012, 05:27 PM

CCMARK - Could someone please clarify? I understand it's ok to have multiple accounts but what about having them so to use one as a source of income for another? Is this deemed fair play?

Most games I have played discourage players from having multiple accounts let alone milking one for another.

If so, let us know so I can go down this path too.

Euchred
06-22-2012, 05:36 PM
@ Dudeman there absolutely is a grace period you can believe whatever you want.

dudeman
06-22-2012, 05:42 PM
@ Dudeman there absolutely is a grace period you can believe whatever you want.

It's a lag. Simple as that.

Otherwise a collected building would be impossible to rob. If there's nothing to rob, you can't get robbed.

Since I just got robbed this evening after collecting, there is no logical argument that supports a grace period.

Euchred
06-22-2012, 05:52 PM
I've seen it hundreds of times it's not lag it's a set time that is the same amount of time every time.

Paulio
06-22-2012, 07:41 PM
I'm going to agree with Euchred here. If it was a lag, then I would have been able to a money sign over the NC at some point (see Murda's other thread). I started visiting his hood at 8:20pm est, just as he indicated. His money was ready for him to collect, but was not available for me to steal. He waited exactly 5 minutes and collected at 8:25. I visited few more times and never saw the money sign. IMO, This is more consitent with a grace period then a lag.

dudeman
06-22-2012, 07:48 PM
In a game partly based on robberies, an intentional grace period doesn't make any sense. We have seen time and time again that favour is given to the attacker/robber.

We have also seen repeated instances of the game not functioning properly.

Looks like we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Babytway
06-22-2012, 09:02 PM
CCMARK - Could someone please clarify? I understand it's ok to have multiple accounts but what about having them so to use one as a source of income for another? Is this deemed fair play?

Most games I have played discourage players from having multiple accounts let alone milking one for another.

If so, let us know so I can go down this path too.

if you have two devices, iphone and ipad or two iphones and/or itouch then no reason you can not have two different games. and since you can play your individual anyway you like to play it. then there is no reason you can't attack your other acct if you see it on the rivals list

Munch on it
06-22-2012, 09:32 PM
Think someone can't handle being wrong

Feng1234
06-22-2012, 09:44 PM
if you have two devices, iphone and ipad or two iphones and/or itouch then no reason you can not have two different games. and since you can play your individual anyway you like to play it. then there is no reason you can't attack your other acct if you see it on the rivals list

For general fun, yes. And if the other account attacks back equally. But what happens when one becomes a key source of income for the other? Is that blurring the line?

I await clarification.

And munch, it's your word vs mine at this point. If game devs agrees with you, then I will admit wrong and go create a second account to be a source of income for my main one.

murf
06-22-2012, 10:07 PM
In a game partly based on robberies, an intentional grace period doesn't make any sense. We have seen time and time again that favour is given to the attacker/robber.

We have also seen repeated instances of the game not functioning properly.

Looks like we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Assuming the funzio has a set strategy is a huge leap of faith, and something I wouldn't expect from you dudeman...

dudeman
06-22-2012, 11:13 PM
Assuming the funzio has a set strategy is a huge leap of faith, and something I wouldn't expect from you dudeman...

If there is an intentional grace period, why on earth would defense buildings even exist? Why would any defense exist for that matter?

Other than building an economy, there are two driving forces to this game, fighting rivals, and robbing rivals. Allowing players several minutes of, essentially, invincibility from robberies completely defies the purpose of one of the driving forces of the game.

It simply just defies all logic to assume there is any leeway when it comes to leaving your buildings sit uncollected.

Furthermore, based on experience and observations made with nearly 9 months, 200 levels, and 1.3 million+ XP worth of in game experience, not once have I ever had any grace period. Have I been lucky to not get robbed? Yes, many times. Have I been robbed within minutes, or even seconds, of a building being ready to collect? Yes, many times. Have I been robbed after making a full collection? Yes, at least once, today as a matter of fact.

People can claim "grace period" all they want, but experience and obsrvation leads me to believe that there is nothing intentional about the existence of such an illogical function to a game that involves robberies as one of its fundamental objectives.

If there is a period between the time your buildings are ready and the time your rivals can see them, which I never said there wasn't by the way, I find it extremely difficult to believe that it is an intentional feature of the game. The only logical explanation that I can see is a lag or connection issue with the server. If one person is using two devices in the same location, both devices will experience the same delay, time and time again. That's not rocket science.

For two devices in different locations, the explanation could be as simple as the fact that the time on both devices are updated using different clocks. For example, when I have automatic date & time updates enabled on my iPad, it updates the time to whatever the time is according to my internet provider. Or I might choose to disable that function and the possibility exists that I may forget that I have done so. Another scenario could be that if I installed a sim card and were using 3G, the time would be synchronized with the local cell towers. I have experienced, more times than I care to remember, discrepancies of several minutes between cellular devices. This can be caused by several factors such as different service providers, or different software installed on the devices themselves. Factor in time zones, the various service providers that exist globally, etcetera, and you are left with many different possibilities for why such minuscule time differences would exist.

There are so many explanations as to why this so-called grace period can occur unintentionally that I find it ridiculous to assume that it is an intentionally programmed part of the game. Not only does it not make sense to implement such a feature, but there are several ways for it to simply occur naturally. Given all the variables that could be at play, that may also be an explanation for why different people have different experiences. Which is why the two sides on this issue really should just agree to disagree. I don't think there will ever be enough conclusive evidence to prove or disprove either argument unless a member of Funzio's engineering team logs on and says "Yes/no, that feature does/doesn't exist as an intentionally programmed function of the game." Believers and non-believers will just have to accept their own individual experiences as they apply to them.

Eyelusion
06-22-2012, 11:21 PM
I'm going with Dudeman. I've been robbed so many times within seconds or what says "1 minute" that there's definitely NO 5 minute timer, NO grace period or any other delay in the CC I play.

Maybe someone's device just didn't update correctly. Possible like when you go to a hood and see almost every building with big $ signs over them, yet they are already robbed or collected and the player, when attacked, doesn't have any cash on them either. Just out of sync, right?

PS. That's a helluva text wall, Dudeman...but well said.

dudeman
06-22-2012, 11:52 PM
Maybe someone's device just didn't update correctly. Possible like when you go to a hood and see almost every building with big $ signs over them, yet they are already robbed or collected and the player, when attacked, doesn't have any cash on them either. Just out of sync, right?

Aother good point. Adding to that, lag could also be one explanation why you occasionally have players on the rivals list who are too beat up, have zero cash on hand, and nothing in their hood to rob.

Babytway
06-23-2012, 02:33 AM
For general fun, yes. And if the other account attacks back equally. But what happens when one becomes a key source of income for the other? Is that blurring the line?

I await clarification.

And munch, it's your word vs mine at this point. If game devs agrees with you, then I will admit wrong and go create a second account to be a source of income for my main one.

its not blurring the line its technique. its just the same as seeking and finding the same sucka who never collects his buildings on time or who never banks his millions and i go attack/rob him/her everytime and i use that sucka for my primary source of income. it doesn't matter if it is my acct or someone else acct. i'm still doing the same thing and getting the same outcome from the same victim

this is just my opinion. if you see it as cheating then don't make a second acct. the reason i dont have second/third acct is i switch from ipad2 to iphone to itouch too frequently and i would have to sacrifice one eventually

-Dudeman i agree to disagree as you pointed out there are many reasons the grace can happen. myself have encountered it on both sides of the hood. i dont' know if it is actually 5min but i know it is there if not everytime at least 90% of the time. i doubt funzio will acknowledge if it is there or not. if they have another AMA session i will be sure to bring it up and try to get an answer.

Euchred
06-23-2012, 04:50 AM
Point taken Dudeman.

I've never been robbed within seconds and I've used the grace period to sync building it's never failed for me.

I've done schelued robberies with other forum members and the grace period was always there and I literally have 5 devices spanning wifi and 3G tested on them, Ive have been playing pretty much as long as you probably longer if you count cumulative time spanning all accounts and I've seen the same thing over and over and over and that is if you have two accounts linked up and ones loft becomes robbable the other account can't rob it for 5 minutes.

Feng1234
06-23-2012, 04:55 AM
its not blurring the line its technique. its just the same as seeking and finding the same sucka who never collects his buildings on time or who never banks his millions and i go attack/rob him/her everytime and i use that sucka for my primary source of income. it doesn't matter if it is my acct or someone else acct. i'm still doing the same thing and getting the same outcome from the same victim

this is just my opinion. if you see it as cheating then don't make a second acct. the reason i dont have second/third acct is i switch from ipad2 to iphone to itouch too frequently and i would have to sacrifice one eventually

-Dudeman i agree to disagree as you pointed out there are many reasons the grace can happen. myself have encountered it on both sides of the hood. i dont' know if it is actually 5min but i know it is there if not everytime at least 90% of the time. i doubt funzio will acknowledge if it is there or not. if they have another AMA session i will be sure to bring it up and try to get an answer.

No offense but the logic there isn't quite right. A player who never collects is another player so by game rules, I have the right to rob them as much as possible. However, if I create an account and use that as a source of income for another one of my account, we are still talking about the same player. So the big difference is intentional vs unintentional.

I do agree with your point that it's fairly difficult but it's still an attempt to gain an advantage over a player who may not have another account. Not everyone has an iPhone, itouch or iPad. This means players who creates two accounts and use one as a source of income for another gains an unfair advantage over someone who can only create one account. By this logic it is against the sense of fair play.

If a player has two accounts and only plays for fun and do not attempt to use one to gain advantage over anoth e, then I have no problem with it. But munch has admitted he does do this so it's unfair for me and others who only have one account.

As I said, if devs finds this to be within rules, I'll create another account and farm it for money.

Munch on it
06-23-2012, 06:33 AM
No offense but the logic there isn't quite right. A player who never collects is another player so by game rules, I have the right to rob them as much as possible. However, if I create an account and use that as a source of income for another one of my account, we are still talking about the same player. So the big difference is intentional vs unintentional.

I do agree with your point that it's fairly difficult but it's still an attempt to gain an advantage over a player who may not have another account. Not everyone has an iPhone, itouch or iPad. This means players who creates two accounts and use one as a source of income for another gains an unfair advantage over someone who can only create one account. By this logic it is against the sense of fair play.

If a player has two accounts and only plays for fun and do not attempt to use one to gain advantage over anoth e, then I have no problem with it. But munch has admitted he does do this so it's unfair for me and others who only have one account.

As I said, if devs finds this to be within rules, I'll create another account and farm it for money.

How can the devs say wether it is or isn't all I have to say is that one account belongs to me and the other belongs to my mrs it's not my fault she doesnt bank her money or collect on time and my account keeps robbing her buildings can't ban me for that or call me a cheater cos the iPad belongs to her anyway but I use it for cc 😃

Feng1234
06-23-2012, 07:50 AM
For real? Because you admitted to having two accounts one of which is being used as a source of income for the other.

If we go by that saying, I still want clarification so I can do the same because it still sounds dodgy.

Babytway
06-23-2012, 10:24 AM
there is nothing dodgy about it. its just like playing against your imaginary friend. if you don't want to do it or you think its unfair then don't create a second acct. simple as that. i very much doubt the devs will answer your question here. send in a ticket to get a quicker response. but i can assure you munch isn't the only one doing this. it isn't cheating because one is attacking a player and one acct is getting beat up. there is no cheating on attacking or robbing a rival on the list. one who has two devices and two diff games can simply say thats my sisters/brothers game and he/she lets me beat him up for 30k and lets me rob his buildings

my last post on this topic its getting redundant

dudeman
06-23-2012, 11:48 AM
there is nothing dodgy about it. its just like playing against your imaginary friend. if you don't want to do it or you think its unfair then don't create a second acct. simple as that. i very much doubt the devs will answer your question here. send in a ticket to get a quicker response. but i can assure you munch isn't the only one doing this. it isn't cheating because one is attacking a player and one acct is getting beat up. there is no cheating on attacking or robbing a rival on the list. one who has two devices and two diff games can simply say thats my sisters/brothers game and he/she lets me beat him up for 30k and lets me rob his buildings

my last post on this topic its getting redundant

I agree.

One account is allowed to fight/rob any other account. What's the difference who owns either account? The answer is there is no difference. Don't over think this matter. It doesn't matter if you orchestrate a hit on your own second account because there is not a single bit of difference between doing that and having a friend tell you when to come collect their unsynched buildings. To give a more extreme example, if you have a friend who decides to quit and offers to let you rob them every day, should you decline the offer because it's easy, or should you be thankful that you don't have to look through the rivals list for a target?

MagicMoment
06-23-2012, 12:12 PM
When my two level 10 houses were ready to be collected at 10:00 p.m once I traveled to the Shoreline by accident. I quickly returned back to my hood and both houses were already hit. I don't believe there is a "grace period" but I do believe there to be lag between players.

Its kinda similar to me collecting from my building and then 30 minutes later I notice the clock is just restarting on it.