PDA

View Full Version : Is it odd I almost never lose units in battle.

Lordsloss
06-21-2012, 06:53 PM
Right now I am a level 120. I did not attack anyone from like level 80 until about 110 because I was loosing way too many units. Like three each fight. Now I lose maybe one jungle helicopter every 20 attacks. I can attack someone over 20 times and never lose a unit, but I am constantly gaining units from them. Is this normal?

Attack - 42,000
Defense - 41,000

boardgames rule
06-21-2012, 06:54 PM
No you have the glich

Lordsloss
06-21-2012, 06:59 PM
Oh, does it go away?

enahs1
06-21-2012, 07:01 PM
You better hope it doesn't go away, you have a gift ;)

boardgames rule
06-21-2012, 07:05 PM
Yea i am lucky if i lose only 2 units a battle. Sometimes i only lose 1 then its like:D!!!!

Lordsloss
06-21-2012, 07:08 PM
Oh well damn, that's awesome then lol I started to wonder around three levels ago and was like this is odd. I'm glad I dont loose any of those expensive units!

Warfiend
06-21-2012, 07:11 PM
Lordsloss- Out of curiosity, what is your force composition of what you take into battle? Are you heavy on one particular unit, do you have a mix of different unit types?

Lordsloss
06-21-2012, 07:23 PM
I have a variety of units mostly high ones from all the missions I have done, but I had about 140,000 valor so I bought a bunch of the Expert Attack Drone. Over 200. Went a little crazy and just bought a bunch. Still have a crap ton of valor left too. I could probably buy 200 more lol My highest unit is the Assault Bear from the challenge right now, then just random ones I have won. Does that make a difference. I just videoed myself winning 20 battles and never loosing any units, but gaining like ten. I'll put it on YouTube and show y'all.

Warfiend
06-21-2012, 07:31 PM
Nice. :D Unit composition might make a difference, not entirely sure. I know that if I keep an excess number of any given unit above about 18 percent of my forces, my casualty rate seems to go up until that particular unit count drops below about 18 percent. Then it becomes reasonable.

If I may ask, what's your ally count and have you put a lot towards your attack skill points? I've recently began wondering if skill points could have something to do with low casualty rates as my defense skill points are very high for my level going by what others have posted and I lose a unit when defending very very rarely compared to what others have told me they lose.

Lordsloss
06-21-2012, 07:35 PM
Attack is 39 and Defense is 58. I was like you until this glitch I guess. If I had a bunch of a unit I would loose them until they dropped below a certain number. My energy is at like 2700 though. Maybe that is it?

Lordsloss
06-21-2012, 07:37 PM
Ally count is about 560. I heard that was a good number to stop around.

Here is the video, and my strange laugh at the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nu6bTQEE5CI&feature=plcp

Warfiend
06-21-2012, 08:00 PM
Unless you're missing a '1' in front of that '39', I think we can rule out skill points in this case... :D It doesn't seem like energy should have anything to do with it, but you never know.

If you're level 127 with that many allies, then you take 2000 units into battle and your attack drone count is well under the 18 percent number(360 would be 18 percent). Is that the largest number of a specific unit you have?

Thanks a lot for answering these questions for me. I really appreciate it.

Warfiend
06-21-2012, 08:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nu6bTQEE5CI&feature=plcp

D'oh! I'd hate to be that guy.

Lordsloss
06-21-2012, 08:06 PM
I have 422 Hardened Marines. I don't know how I have so much valor saved up lol. And I really never lose when attacking. maybe 1 out of 100 or so, but I choose my battles wisely.

GodlikeNay
06-21-2012, 08:44 PM
So is that an iPad you are playing with?

JMC
06-21-2012, 08:50 PM
That'd be the glitch. There's no skill points, no unit composition, no boost buildings, no anything that you can do to get those casualty rates. It's a glitch and as far as I know, who gets it is completely random.

GodlikeNay
06-21-2012, 09:07 PM
I was asking about the iPad because so far the people I know that have it are on an iPad. I've yet to hear of someone who has the glitch (actually has it for real) that isn't on an iPad. I'm not saying that everyone that has the glitch is on an iPad, but so far that is what I've seen, so I'm interested in hearing from someone on an iPhone who can do what this guy is saying and attack a hundred times and "maybe" only lose 1 unit. Anyone know of someone like that?

-->FISH<--
06-21-2012, 09:15 PM
I'm on the phone with it... I think ... About the glitch not that's its a phone.

GodlikeNay
06-21-2012, 09:30 PM
I'm on the phone with it... I think ... About the glitch not that's its a phone.

You can consistantly attack anyone regardless of the defense stats 50 or so times and only lose a unit or so (assuming they are battles that you win...I'm not talking about intentionally losing battles)?

Are you up over level 50, with 150+ allies?

-->FISH<--
06-21-2012, 09:35 PM
I only lose them when I do missions. Not when I pvp or someone else attacks me.
When I lose them it's always bio warfare guys...I have 30 or 40 of them

Dreno33
06-21-2012, 09:36 PM
I have never lost a unit in battle, ever :D :D :D :D

GodlikeNay
06-21-2012, 09:51 PM
I only lose them when I do missions. Not when I pvp or someone else attacks me.
When I lose them it's always bio warfare guys...I have 30 or 40 of them

Must be nice.
What level are you at and with how many allies?

Corsair
06-21-2012, 09:56 PM
I have never lost a unit in battle, ever :D :DDreno's army:
http://images.craigslist.org/5Q05F15Mf3F43Jc3p3c5laf7824a606d4163a.jpg
All sitting on the shelf, waiting to be played with. :D

-->FISH<--
06-21-2012, 09:57 PM
Lvl 11_? ( somewhere around there) 844 allies

GodlikeNay
06-21-2012, 10:03 PM
Lvl 11_? ( somewhere around there) 844 allies

OK, well at level 11 then it is hard for me to say whether you have the glitch or not. You only bring 55 allies to battle. For whatever reason, it seems easier to manage losses when you are taking fewer units. You may have the glitch, who's to say? Regardless, congrats on your low casualties... I wish I could say the same for myself.

I'm still interested in hearing from someone over level 50 with over 150 allies, playing on the iPhone, that has the low casualty rate glitch. Anybody?
(sorry Lordsloss, I didn't mean to highjack your thread. This is something I've been pretty interested in for a while).

Lordsloss
06-21-2012, 10:21 PM
Yea it's on an IPad. Come to think of it, I haven't lost any units in my past like 200 battles. I'm glad I got this glitch haha Go out and buy an iPad and give it a try ;)

Highjack again and I'll come at your base and get all your money! What do I have to lose? Units? :P

Q Raider
06-21-2012, 10:22 PM
I think Fish was actually stating he is somewhere between level 110 and level 119 GodlikeNay.

GodlikeNay
06-21-2012, 10:25 PM
I think Fish was actually stating he is somewhere between level 110 and level 119 GodlikeNay.

Ahh. Missed the "_". Can you confirm that Fish? If that is the case, then I guess he'll be the first I've heard of (maybe first of many) on the iPhone. Nice catch Q Raider.

Lordsloss
06-21-2012, 10:26 PM
What if I transfer my game to my iPhone and see if it follows? It's a huge risk I'd be willing to take...well maybe take.

Dreno33
06-21-2012, 10:27 PM
hahahahaha cosair! SO TRUE! if i raised my ally count, my A/D would double, at least

Q Raider
06-21-2012, 10:32 PM
lordsloss.
Do you by any chance happen to have a Ground Unit loot item called an "Oil Shipping Truck" or "Oil Shipping Tanker"?

The reason I ask is you stated you were losing units and are now not which indicates something changed for you between level 80 and current level. One thing I notice of many players whom from my perspective obviously have this low loss advantage (high Valor counts, low ambulance, low sea scout counts, low upgrade or non-existant defence buildings, that sort of combination) in many cases have this item in their inventory.

JMC
06-21-2012, 10:45 PM
lordsloss.
Do you by any chance happen to have a Ground Unit loot item called an "Oil Shipping Truck" or "Oil Shipping Tanker"?

The reason I ask is you stated you were losing units and are now not which indicates something changed for you between level 80 and current level. One thing I notice of many players whom from my perspective obviously have this low loss advantage (high Valor counts, low ambulance, low sea scout counts, low upgrade or non-existant defence buildings, that sort of combination) in many cases have this item in their inventory.

Checked a few known casualty glitched players. They don't have that unit.

GodlikeNay
06-21-2012, 10:48 PM
What if I transfer my game to my iPhone and see if it follows? It's a huge risk I'd be willing to take...well maybe take.

Honestly, I wouldn't if I were you. I would ride the wave as long as I could. Don't abuse it by constantly picking on the same people, but enjoy it. The person I know with the glitch actually still enjoys PvP, like I used to. I remember when casualty rates were actually OK... back when the game first came out. I wish they would go back, but I'm afraid it is now little more than a distant memory of many of the longstanding players.

GodlikeNay
06-21-2012, 10:52 PM
lordsloss.

I also checked the glitch person I know and they don't have the unit either.

Lordsloss
06-21-2012, 10:59 PM
Heads up, I made a video of all my units and base, so yall can look at that when it finishes uploading. I just videoed everything for y'all.

BadBoyz
06-22-2012, 04:15 AM
I was asking about the iPad because so far the people I know that have it are on an iPad. I've yet to hear of someone who has the glitch (actually has it for real) that isn't on an iPad. I'm not saying that everyone that has the glitch is on an iPad, but so far that is what I've seen, so I'm interested in hearing from someone on an iPhone who can do what this guy is saying and attack a hundred times and "maybe" only lose 1 unit. Anyone know of someone like that?

I dont have an ipad and I posted on another post about this. I am fortunate to have it. Im really close to being promoted to colonel and probably have 100K valor points saved up for that special unit (elite water cruiser). I will end up getting a 100 units off the bat once promoted.

As everyone knows by now, im a base raider. My IPH is only 32K. My stats are in my sig.

Lordsloss
06-22-2012, 09:20 AM
Here you go. I'm don't mind too much if people know all my stats and whatnot. If this will help solve the glitch issue than go ahead and search away. It's only a game afterall :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZupLUiGbdw&feature=youtu.be

JohnnyR
06-22-2012, 11:20 AM
OP-what are the stats like against the rivals you fight?

Do your Tree Snipers have red hats?

Lordsloss
06-22-2012, 12:08 PM
I fight people who are a little lower than me. If I lose a battle, I still rarely lose any units. Look at the video I posted right above your post. It has all my inventory.

Yea they have red hats. Why?

Dr. Dengus
06-22-2012, 12:14 PM
This might be kinda OT but didnt wanna create a new thread for it. Anyways, are unit losses for when you are attacked supposed to be the same as when you are the attacker? Because I definitely lose a lot less units when I am on the receiving end of a raid/attack.

SGT Brody
06-22-2012, 04:08 PM
Nice. :D Unit composition might make a difference, not entirely sure. I know that if I keep an excess number of any given unit above about 18 percent of my forces, my casualty rate seems to go up until that particular unit count drops below about 18 percent. Then it becomes reasonable.

If I may ask, what's your ally count and have you put a lot towards your attack skill points? I've recently began wondering if skill points could have something to do with low casualty rates as my defense skill points are very high for my level going by what others have posted and I lose a unit when defending very very rarely compared to what others have told me they lose.

I think that unit composition plays a big part in your casualty rate. I also believe (and think people fail to remember) that your overall casualty rate is composed of your battles, raids and the missions you complete. So if you never do missions your casualty rate is probably going to be higher in battle.

Q Raider
06-22-2012, 06:12 PM
Interesting statement SGT Brody re overall casualty rate. Do you have some additional information on this?

My understanding was that the calculation is independent of any factor outside of casualty reduction buildings and event units and casualty rates of units themselves.

Have over 10,000 attacks and raids and between 3,000 and 4,000 missions and I just see the number of units lost per interaction gradually increasing.

mwmark
06-22-2012, 06:45 PM
Army composition is all the difference. I use to lose 1 or more units almost every attack/raid. I changed my composition around and i now go multiple 10+ attacks/raids before i lose one.

azy
06-22-2012, 07:56 PM
I think what is really interesting here is not so much that OP has the glitch, but that he CAUGHT it. So, something significant changed to cause this. If we can rule out a software update, then it must be with OP's account. Be it composition, skills, etc.

Also, remember that Funzio has repeatedly stated that there is nothing wrong with the casualty ratio. Perhaps this is just a cover. Perhaps it's them telling us there's a sweet spot to hit. I've been saying this for a while, but always get poo poo'ed by those who just can't get past the fact that the "glitch" exists.

When can we start putting emotions aside and start a real investigation?

Lordsloss
06-22-2012, 08:15 PM
Yea, it does seem like I caught it. Now here is what I did. When I didn't do PvP I did PvE and a lot of it. I started to finish entire missions to 5/5 before moving on. I want to completely finish all the missions as soon as I stop hitting the new ones. Only two left then I'll start back at like the tenth area and work up. That could be it.

Just look at the videos made and see if you can notice something's that looks like a sweet spot. I have no idea I just play for fun with almost zero strategy lol

SGT Brody
06-22-2012, 08:39 PM
I lose units more than 50% of the time on missions and some of those units are units not even being used in that particular mission, but no Valor units are lost in missions. Sometimes I lose 2 or 3 but I can use my entire stamina of 40 (twice) without losing a unit at times. I've see minimal change in my Mission casualty rate after acquiring units/buildings to lower my casualty rate.

I also do a lot of PVe and I go one ahead of my current one until I get to level 2 and then I go back to the previous one and finish it to five. So currently I am at the beginning of Level 2 in the Insurgent block and finishing level 5 in the Military base. When I finish level 5 I'll move onto the Bomb Maker Compound and get it to level 2 and then move back to the insurgent block and finish it to 5.

BadBoyz
06-23-2012, 05:18 AM
Well if it's about PVE missions. I am currently working Emir Island to LvL 5 before moving on. I try to complete each mission to lvl 5.

JMC
06-23-2012, 07:02 AM
I think what is really interesting here is not so much that OP has the glitch, but that he CAUGHT it. So, something significant changed to cause this. If we can rule out a software update, then it must be with OP's account. Be it composition, skills, etc.

Also, remember that Funzio has repeatedly stated that there is nothing wrong with the casualty ratio. Perhaps this is just a cover. Perhaps it's them telling us there's a sweet spot to hit. I've been saying this for a while, but always get poo poo'ed by those who just can't get past the fact that the "glitch" exists.

When can we start putting emotions aside and start a real investigation?

The reason why no one believes it to be a "Sweet Spot" is because what kind of random sweet spot is going to give you 98% reduction in casualties? None of these guys have a certain army make-up, certain skill point layout, certain alliance size or anything of the sort.

When i saw that he had finished quite a few level 5s of the maps, i thought, maybe something in that could have triggered the glitch. That was the only slightly unique thing i saw in his video. I know i stopped finishing the maps to level 5 a while ago. Probably around the time the glitch first started popping up. Perhaps a bunch of people kept going with it and finished a certain amount of maps or a certain map that somehow grants this glitch for level 5 completion? I notice that there seems to be little to no glitched players in the lower levels, so perhaps it's a matter of how much time it takes to complete these level 5 maps and how much exp you get while earning it. A camper wouldnt have all those missions complete, only a higher level who went through all those missions would. It seems quite random, but it's another thing to look at.

EDIT: Well i just checked and i have more level 5 map completion than him, so we can rule that out as a cause.

Whether the map completion is the cause or not, it's still a glitch. I highly doubt they would intentionally give everyone an indestructible army for completing some maps. With this glitch it completely defeats the purpose of even buying gold units. Why buy 40-60 gold value units when all the valor units like SF/SH/M270s could take their place for free? Why buy the 100-250 gold units when the new valor units from PvP rankings could also do the same for free? And lastly why buy 500-1000 gold cost units, when there are loots out there with very high stats, that could do the very same thing and much more, again for free. Currently the strongest unit in the game is a loot, the executive chinook. It's stats are about 450 attack and 300 and something defence. With the glitch this unit is essentially indestructible. Gold value of something with such stats would probably be 1500 or more. There's no way that it's an intentional sweet spot.

JMC
06-23-2012, 07:22 AM
Here's another theory. It may not have to do with the actual device, like say the iPod vs the iPhone vs the iPad. Maybe the version of iOS running on the device could have something to do with it?

I'm going to assume that that is the iPad 2 in the vid? And that the guy that has it on the iPhone is using the iPhone 4S.

Now it's definitely not iOS 5 because i have the iPhone 4S and iOS 5. But around the time the glitch came out, maybe early march? That is when iOS 5.1 update came out i believe. I have a jailbroken iPhone and so i still have not done the update as a reliable untethered jailbreak for 5.1 hasn't been made yet (to my knowledge).

So, what version of iOS do you guys have on your devices?

Lordsloss
06-23-2012, 08:53 AM
I have an IPad 2 and an IPhone 4. They are both on version 5.1.1

The only thing I can say is I got the glitch when I did not attack anyone for many levels and only did PvE. It has to do with that somehow or it really is just a random glitch. BTW where is the executive chinook? Do you just have to raid people or something? I never raid. You can tell that by my stats. And I hope people realize I just want to help find an answer to this cause. I don't like playing unfair.

JMC
06-23-2012, 09:19 AM
K well thats 1 person so far on 5.1.1

I don't think it has anything to do with not attacking for a while. When casualties got bad in dec or around there i stopped attacking for around 2 months or so. I believe it's just a coincidence. Many people stopped attacking because of high casualty rates and then sometime during their time off they got the glitch. There are guys out there with the glitch nearing on 40000 attacks, which means they've been attacking pretty consistently the whole time.

I could test it by simply updating to 5.1.1, but who knows if that'd do anything, and i'd lose all the features of my jailbreak. We've get at least 3 or 4 of you guys on the forum that have it now, so might as well just ask :P

Executive chinook comes from the boss of Bom Bahia City. Something like a 1 in 5 drop as well. You gotta dump 60000 energy into it on average to get the drop.

Lordsloss
06-23-2012, 09:26 AM
Hmm, looks like I'll be fiddling around on that one from now on lol. I mean I have 2600 energy so it can't hurt and won't take that long lol

Also, I'm starting a game on my IPhone. I'll let you know if the glitch happens again. So far 30 battles and no units lost. Not sure when the loses start to kick in.

CAPT.GIN
06-23-2012, 10:28 AM
Right now I am a level 120. I did not attack anyone from like level 80 until about 110 because I was loosing way too many units. Like three each fight. Now I lose maybe one jungle helicopter every 20 attacks. I can attack someone over 20 times and never lose a unit, but I am constantly gaining units from them. Is this normal?

Attack - 42,000
Defense - 41,000

You have been blessed by the modern war angel lol...

JMC
06-23-2012, 10:47 AM
Hmm, looks like I'll be fiddling around on that one from now on lol. I mean I have 2600 energy so it can't hurt and won't take that long lol

Also, I'm starting a game on my IPhone. I'll let you know if the glitch happens again. So far 30 battles and no units lost. Not sure when the loses start to kick in.

Losses should kick in once you're brining at least 250-300 units to battle. Though the losses will still be very low probably until you've got 500+.

Around the 20s is when i started noticing some losses, then in the 30s it was about 1 a fight. Kept going up from there. Should take just a few days to go from 1-30.

JohnnyR
06-23-2012, 11:17 AM
I fight people who are a little lower than me. If I lose a battle, I still rarely lose any units. Look at the video I posted right above your post. It has all my inventory.

Yea they have red hats. Why?

Just wondering. Mine don't have red hats.

I think that unit composition plays a big part in your casualty rate. *I also believe (and think people fail to remember) that your overall casualty rate is composed of your battles, raids and the missions you complete. *So if you never do missions your casualty rate is probably going to be higher in battle.

Unit composition has been cited quite a few times, always seems drowned out as Azy says. I think it's either a major piece, or the piece of the puzzle. One of the things noticed is all the loot items in inventory, coincidince?

Yea, it does seem like I caught it. Now here is what I did. When I didn't do PvP I did PvE and a lot of it. I started to finish entire missions to 5/5 before moving on. I want to completely finish all the missions as soon as I stop hitting the new ones. Only two left then I'll start back at like the tenth area and work up. That could be it.

More anectodal evidence.

When i saw that he had finished quite a few level 5s of the maps, i thought, maybe something in that could have triggered the glitch. That was the only slightly unique thing i saw in his video. I know i stopped finishing the maps to level 5 a while ago. Probably around the time the glitch first started popping up. Perhaps a bunch of people kept going with it and finished a certain amount of maps or a certain map that somehow grants this glitch for level 5 completion? I notice that there seems to be little to no glitched players in the lower levels, so perhaps it's a matter of how much time it takes to complete these level 5 maps and how much exp you get while earning it. A camper wouldnt have all those missions complete, only a higher level who went through all those missions would. It seems quite random, but it's another thing to look at.*

It could be the concentration of PVE loots. Stitching the theories together, it seems to make sense, varied unit composition and completed level 5 maps are both noticed in tandem, these two factors walk hand in hand. Could be the rapid completion of maps with the influx of PVE loot.

Of the theories, I think this is the most concrete.

By the way lordsloss, I think it's odd that you bring jungle copters into battle. They have only 1 attack! And your name is the most ironic thing in this thread, hope you're not just yanking our chains, lol.

JMC
06-23-2012, 11:49 AM
Well i asked another one. He's on the iPhone 4 and has not done the iOS upgrade. So that's another dead end.

It could be the concentration of PVE loots. Stitching the theories together, it seems to make sense, varied unit composition and completed level 5 maps are both noticed in tandem, these two factors walk hand in hand. Could be the rapid completion of maps with the influx of PVE loot.

Of the theories, I think this is the most concrete.

By the way lordsloss, I think it's odd that you bring jungle copters into battle. They have only 1 attack! And your name is the most ironic thing in this thread, hope you're not just yanking our chains, lol.

Nah i don't think it's the maps. I have more level 5 completions than him and it did nothing for me. Also has nothing to do with a certain unit or unit composition. Most of the glitchers have a 3000+ valor units now and their army consists entirely of those units and a few of the stronger loots not related to those low level maps + event rewards.

Some spread them out 800 SH 800 SF 800 M270s or some have like 1800 SH. It's all different.

Nothing consistent about all the glitchers, except for the fact that they have the glitch, they don't know where it came from, and they all got it around the same time. Something happened 3 months ago that triggered it. I have yet to see a person who had casualties one day and none the next. At least not recently. Everyone with it, has had it for a while. The thing about high levels only having it is probably because only the high levels have been around long enough to have been there whenever the glitch came to be.

Poopenshire
06-23-2012, 12:03 PM
The guy I sent a ticket in on last week went from 740 super hornets to now over 1300 and adds more everyday. His unit composition was nothing but loot from PVP and low PVE. He also had basic units never more than a few dozen of each, looked like enough to complete PVE and that's it.

manbeast
06-23-2012, 12:09 PM
The guy I sent a ticket in on last week went from 740 super hornets to now over 1300 and adds more everyday. His unit composition was nothing but loot from PVP and low PVE. He also had basic units never more than a few dozen of each, looked like enough to complete PVE and that's it.

did u get a response to your ticket?? they have completely ignored my last 3 tickets...

Poopenshire
06-23-2012, 12:13 PM
Just te usual from CJ saying he would look I to the player. I have a feeling they are trying but might not be something they can see from the server end.

JohnnyR
06-23-2012, 01:26 PM
I haven't let go of unit composition being the culprit, and from what you say poop, his composition is pretty varied from all those maps completed and the unit requirements.

Perhaps it has to do with the casualty mechanism being tripped up or fooled after going through those units one by one. Maybe there is a threshold where it hiccups if there is a certain amount or number of different units to go through.

JMC, ya bring up a good point regarding the timing. The timing and maps/composition to me appear to be the only constants. It may be that all they bring into battle are valor units, but perhaps the presence of all those low level units is what is causing the problem.

Poopenshire
06-23-2012, 01:47 PM
Johnny, I just attacked another one. Had 4 mil over vault. Hit him 15 times. I lost atleast 1 valor unit every attack, some 2 per attack. Guess how many units he lost in all the attacks? 0. I am starting to find these people now that I am above level 100.

manbeast
06-23-2012, 01:50 PM
Just te usual from CJ saying he would look I to the player. I have a feeling they are trying but might not be something they can see from the server end.

interesting. i sent in the ticket on my glitcher and only got the automated response.... didnt get anything from an actual person

Lordsloss
06-23-2012, 01:56 PM
Well, I have no idea. I'm just basically building my economy now, I need to bring in more money so I can start buying units for when the glitch is fixed lol And they are not regular jungle copters I believe. Just one of the overlayed skins with better stats. Hopefully my video will help the fix, I'm talking about my 5 minute one where I show everything I have.

JMC
06-23-2012, 01:57 PM
I haven't let go of unit composition being the culprit, and from what you say poop, his composition is pretty varied from all those maps completed and the unit requirements.

Perhaps it has to do with the casualty mechanism being tripped up or fooled after going through those units one by one. Maybe there is a threshold where it hiccups if there is a certain amount or number of different units to go through.

JMC, ya bring up a good point regarding the timing. The timing and maps/composition to me appear to be the only constants. It may be that all they bring into battle are valor units, but perhaps the presence of all those low level units is what is causing the problem.

I think the fact that they have all those different units is a result of the casualty glitch allowing for them all to survive, rather than it being the cause of the casualty glitch. I have maybe 50 less different units than him or more, but i checked other glitchers, like maverick, who has around the same or less variety than me. Doesn't seem likely that having many different types of units would reduce casualty, especially if they were not being brought to battle.

GodlikeNay
06-23-2012, 02:02 PM
I think the fact that they have all those different units is a result of the casualty glitch allowing for them all to survive, rather than it being the cause of the casualty glitch. I have maybe 50 less different units than him or more, but i checked other glitchers, like maverick, who has around the same or less variety than me. Doesn't seem likely that having many different types of units would reduce casualty, especially if they were not being brought to battle.

I was thinking the exact same thing. I would have a ton more PvE and PvP loot units too if I weren't losing them all the time. Same thing is true for me with the special event reward items. I must have gained and lost about 20 Fortified Snipers in this last event alone. I have almost no existing reward items from past events because they are all dead, even though they all have "low" casualty ratings and I've received well over 100 of them.

GodlikeNay
06-23-2012, 02:21 PM
In response to those who think the high or low losses are related to the unit's casualty ratings, I used to wonder the same thing. Since my meatshield at the time was Snipers with a "high" casualty rating, I wondered if that was the problem. I would regularly lose between 2-4 units. Losing 1 unit was super rare and losing no units was pretty much unheard of, even if I attacked someone with 1/10 of my attack.

So, I moved away from Snipers and went to the Inflatables(Low) and Fighter Jets(Medium). I have noticed a decrease in losses, but nothing that even comes close to explaining the "glitch". I now lose between 2-3 units per attack. I almost never lose 4 and I sometimes lose only 1. If I can find someone with about 1/10 of my attack now, there is a chance I will have a string of no losses, but even then it will often bounce around from 0-2. In the end, I think it has pretty much evened out for me, which is frustrating. Yes, I lose fewer units than I used to in going from a "high" to a "low" meatshield, but the "low" unit costs more than double what the high did and I'm still randomly losing my $250,000 - $500,000+ units as well as my Valor units. I actually lost more Super Hornets in this last week than I usually do in a month.

As further proof that the unit's casualty rate have absolutely nothing to do with finding some "sweet spot", the glitchers I know purchase tons of high casualty rate units because they never lose them. Why spend more on a low rated unit when you can purchase the high ones and still never lose them.

GodlikeNay
06-23-2012, 02:32 PM
JMC what are the win/loss ratios of the glitchers you know?
Lordsloss, did you already post yours?

Lordsloss
06-23-2012, 02:43 PM
Mine is 6096 wins and 2220 losses. A huge chunk of those losses came during my break from PvP. I lose a lot being attack, but when I attack someone I win about 90% of the time, but like I said before, I choose my battles wisely.

JMC
06-23-2012, 03:01 PM
JMC what are the win/loss ratios of the glitchers you know?
Lordsloss, did you already post yours?

Most glitchers don't have very good win/loss ratios. They don't check who they attack and lose many battles that they initiate. They also piss off heavy gold players and get retaliated on later.

GodlikeNay
06-23-2012, 03:01 PM
Interesting. I just checked someone I know and they have about 8 wins for every 1 loss. This person took a break from PvP when the casualty rates went up several months ago. They got bored just sitting around so they started doing Missions. The missions caused him to level up fairly quick so he started getting attacked by people with higher stats than where he used to be. So, he started losing more battles than he used to. His ratio used to be closer to 50:1. Now it is about 8:1. Somewhere in the mix, he started raiding again and realized that he wasn't losing anything anymore. The 8:1 ratio still seems pretty good, so I doubt this has anything to do with it though.

JMC
06-23-2012, 03:07 PM
I used to have a 30:1 ratio, but dropping and re-adding allies put me back as a common target on the rivals list apparently. Took about 1500 losses within a 10 day period. Been much calmer lately though, especially since i've raised my stats and not too many can attack me successfully. I'm at about 15:1 now.

Most glitchers tend to have around 7:1 at best, most are like 5:1 or 3:1.

Their glitch means they don't have to be careful at all. Many of them just don't even know how to play the game properly.

GodlikeNay
06-23-2012, 03:09 PM
Out of curiosity though, JMC (and anyone else reading this) what is your win/loss ratio? Do you have high casualty rates or low casualty rates?
Mine is up over 100:1 and I have pretty high casualties.

GodlikeNay
06-23-2012, 03:12 PM
Looks like you beat me to my post JMC. Well, as simplistic as it seems, might as well not rule it out until we find a glitcher with rates up higher or find people with a terrible win/loss ratio that have high casualties too.

JMC
06-23-2012, 03:16 PM
I have the high rates. Also we can rule out win/loss ratio as a cause. The people i attack to keep my casualties to a minimum all have very bad ratios and i regularly see them losing units when i attack them.

Wlady27
06-23-2012, 03:19 PM
Strenge. I haven't lost a unit in the last 8000 attacks.
Am on lvl 91
56k att - 62 def

JMC
06-23-2012, 03:26 PM
Strenge. I haven't lost a unit in the last 8000 attacks.
Am on lvl 91
56k att - 62 def

Well that's definitely the glitch. Do you remember when it happened?

Wlady27
06-23-2012, 03:35 PM
No not really. Perhaps when I started to use gold? Somthing like 6 weeks ago.
Win los ratio: 155589 W / 389 L.

JMC
06-23-2012, 03:36 PM
Well that can't be the cause. Tons of gold buyers with bad casualty rates. You do anything else different around the time it started? Was it near an update or anything like that?

Wlady27
06-23-2012, 03:45 PM
View weeks After the last update. I have lots of units almost 8k and lot of diffrent one's. Perhaps this makes a diffrence?

JMC
06-23-2012, 03:48 PM
Wouldnt think so. I've seen people with a few hundred different types of units without it and as for number of units i myself have almost 12600 now.

Wlady27
06-23-2012, 03:50 PM
It started when I bought gold units like top secret ops. I bought 4 about 1K of gold units. Haven't lost a unit since

Wlady27
06-23-2012, 03:53 PM
If you wont to look in mine inventory: 123414131

JMC
06-23-2012, 03:54 PM
Can't be the gold though. So many free players have it and so many gold players don't. So far it's still looking like it's completely random, and anything that happened around the time you got it must of been a coincidence.

andymac106
06-23-2012, 03:55 PM
I started noticing I had it around level 20. Course before level 20 I only did PvE so I guess I had it the whole time. Free player also. I think its just pretty much all luck

Wlady27
06-23-2012, 03:58 PM
Lucky me ;-)
It started just b 4 the first event, the black DF.

What?
06-23-2012, 03:59 PM
I really don't think unit composition is culprit. I believe strongly the units these players have is from the result of having the glitch, not the other way around. From all accounts some players just downloaded the update and started getting no casualties. It was completely random. iOS version and device seems more plausible than unit composition.

JMC
06-23-2012, 04:02 PM
I really don't think unit composition is culprit. I believe strongly the units these players have is from the result of having the glitch, not the other way around. From all accounts some players just downloaded the update and started getting no casualties. It was completely random. iOS version and device seems more plausible than unit composition.

Yeah that's what i was leaning towards. I thought it must be the new iOS update of 5.1 that happened a few months ago. Possibly messing with it somehow. I asked someone in game though and he's on the iPhone 4 with iOS 4 i think. Out of curiosity what devices and iOS versions do you guys all have?

Wlady27
06-23-2012, 04:04 PM
Ipad3 iOS 5.1.1.

BadBoyz
06-23-2012, 05:16 PM
Ok, just got promoted to PVP rank Colonel. I was reading the threads since I've last posted on this subject. I've updated my sig to show my current stats. Whether I have the glitch or not, is it composition of forces, is it the device i use, was it the cause of an update. We are all not sure. All i do know is this.

I started playing MW about two weeks before the new event started with that ranking system. Never bought gold for units, but for stamina replenishments. I've bought one of those random crates with gold once.

My Device: iPhone 4g

Latest Battle:

BadBoyz (Allies 302) killer max (allies 344)
Units Used: 1,208 versus Units Used: 1,376

Current Top 45 Units:

Indestructible Units:
Black Dragon Fighter A:311 D:207
SP Howitzer: A:95 D:45
Rapid Strike Spetsnaz A:57 D:27
Fortune Aggressor A:54 D:32
Black Shark Helicopter A:45 D:36
Elite Global Hawk A:43 D:26
Silent Scout A:33 D:23
Armored Communicator A:31 D:62
Aggressor Battleship A:29 D:40
T-Rex APC A:28 D:22
Hunter A:28 D:23
Stealth Striker A:27 D:18
Elite Grenadier A:25 D:6
Tactical Landing Craft A:23 D:46
Barbarian Tank A:23 D:22
Lone Star A:21 D:34
Dragon Sub A:21 D:9
Hidden Infantry A:20 D:36

Valor Units

201-Expert Attack Drone A:46 D:30
115-Elite Water Cruiser A:41 D:65
102-Elite Ops Helicopter A:37 D:48
102-Super Hornets A:36 D:26
151-Stealth Frigates A:31 D:18
151-Harden Marines A:31 D:35
35-Strike Eagles A:19 D:11
80-M270 MLRS A:17 D:37

Loot Items

2-Mech Rover A:22 D:14
6-Ghost Hounds A:22 D:18
9-Dragon Soldiers A:20 D:15

Cash Units

19-Ballistic Missile Sub A:31 D:23
16-Destroyers A:25 D:23
25-Stealth Boats A:22 D:19
20-Rapid Fire Attack Vehicle A:20 D:18
26-Harrier Jets A:18 D:14
15-Commache Helicopter A:18 D:18
30-Osprey VTOL A:17 D:22
75-BioWarfare Troop A:17 D:8
10-Strykers A:16 D:14

So this is what is brought to battle when I attack. Any opinions?????

JMC
06-23-2012, 05:41 PM
Dont think it has anything to do with units. What version of iOS is ur iPhone on?

BadBoyz
06-23-2012, 06:16 PM
As far as update is concerned, whatever the latest update is. After what i believe was the IPH event, I updated my phone... Lost all my apps, contacts, etc. Had to reload everything again. So I dont think it has anything to do with the updates because nothing changed since then.

BadBoyz
06-23-2012, 06:32 PM
JMC,

Just attacked a player.

andre: Lvl 102
423 allies
Units used: 1,692

He's worth 56 BP points, which tells me his alliance attack and defense forces are less than half compared to mine.

BadBoyz: Lvl 103
303 allies
Units Used: 1,212

I attacked him 20x and lost not a single unit.

In my opinion, i think its all about unit composition.

In other words, lets say the player has a gold unit that has a strength of A:250 D:180 (1 unit) and the opponent has 150+ super hornets. During battle the gold unit will be overwhelmed and some of the sh's will reach their final target. So I strongly believe unit composition. What is your opinion?

BadBoyz
06-23-2012, 06:35 PM
Let's not forget our skill points. Im finding out that plays a huge role as well. There were times that I attacked others, where their alliance attack and defense were 10k less than I and was worth 130 BP points, which tells me that their skill levels are higher than mine, probably 2x higher.

Fifth Reich
06-23-2012, 06:56 PM
I'm okay on my casualty rates but, I think my unit choice sucks. I always stockpiled on Leopard Tanks and Strike eagles and they seem to die like every 10-20 attacks so I about 2-3 million on replacements every day which has stretched my okay 225,000 IPH to its limits and has made me do naval battle a lot. I am quite satisfied with my casualty rate and I believe there is still a way to make it better. I am starting to buy destroyers and I am producing cruisers at a massive rate. Any suggestions for the unit choice and count?

Planning on 100 destroyers and 400 cruisers for now...

BadBoyz
06-23-2012, 07:39 PM
What is your PVP rank, 5th Reich?

JMC
06-23-2012, 07:48 PM
I believe that unit composition will bring down someones casualty rate normally. But it has nothing to do with the casualty glitch. No unit composition will give u no casualties except for 100% gold.

As for skill points we already ruled that out. Lordsloss has quite low atk/def skill points compared to many others and yet he still has the glitch. These are all things that might help with casualties for the regular player, but when it comes to the glitch, there is no relation.

andymac106
06-23-2012, 07:50 PM
I believe that unit composition will bring down someones casualty rate normally. But it has nothing to do with the casualty glitch. No unit composition will give u no casualties except for 100% gold.

As for skill points we already ruled that out. Lordsloss has quite low atk/def skill points compared to many others and yet he still has the glitch. These are all things that might help with casualties for the regular player, but when it comes to the glitch, there is no relation.

I still lose troops even with the glitch. Better said: I don't always lose troops, but when I do, they are always expensive

JMC
06-23-2012, 08:00 PM
I still lose troops even with the glitch. Better said: I don't always lose troops, but when I do, they are always expensive

Yeah i had an old theory about that. Haven't really proven or disproven it but i sort of drifted away from it. Casualty glitch still gives casualties but only 1 every few dozen fights or so, as far as i've heard.

BadBoyz
06-23-2012, 08:02 PM
Same here, I lose troops too and on the same note as said previously I lose expensive units

JMC
06-23-2012, 08:04 PM
Well what do you guys consider expensive? And have you guys taken full advantage of the glitch and powered up off a bunch of valor units? If so, the only cash units making it into your army would be expensive, and so those are the only things that would die.

BadBoyz
06-23-2012, 08:06 PM
There was one battle that I attacked someone with more units used, higher level, possibly higher skill points since the BP was 220 when I did win and lose ballistic missile subs, commandos & expert attack drones but only lost 1 of each out of 30 attacks.

JMC
06-23-2012, 08:09 PM
Man you guys get 4-5x more BP per fight and experience the same casualty rate that i do, where i have to pick fights against people that are 5% of my strength.

andymac106
06-23-2012, 08:12 PM
I pull in about 250 when I find a gold player. For me I lose a troop 1 every 200 if no more battles. I rushed to get o level 100 so I haven't fully taken advantage of te glitch entirely. But it does help with keeping PvE loot

BadBoyz
06-23-2012, 08:15 PM
FYI, most battles averages 50~60 BPs, but love when I do find opponents that are 150+ BPs I try to concentrate on them. As an incentive bonus, if there's unvaulted cash better yet. I usually don't keep anything over my max vault, so I buy units before turning in for the day. That way I don't lose the cash for future cash units. My vault is $3.5M and currently working on $5M.

JMC did you reach Colonel yet?

JMC
06-23-2012, 08:17 PM
I reached colonel not long ago. Took about 17000 attacks. That's with like 5000 of them when battle point rewards weren't cut in half.

BadBoyz
06-23-2012, 08:25 PM
Man, this rank is going to be forever now. How many of those units did you get? I got 112 of them when I got promoted since I saved some of the valors to get them.

JMC
06-23-2012, 08:44 PM
I only got 10 of the water cruisers atm. Didn't save much valor, spent a bunch of it on 550 of the elite ops helicopters.

BadBoyz
06-23-2012, 09:21 PM
Those elite cruisers got higher defense than the elite ops, I'm doing more of those valor missions, but got to raise my ally count up to find players with 426 allies or more

JMC
06-23-2012, 09:32 PM
Yea i'm going to go for 500 of them.

BadBoyz
06-23-2012, 09:36 PM
Well what do you guys consider expensive? And have you guys taken full advantage of the glitch and powered up off a bunch of valor units? If so, the only cash units making it into your army would be expensive, and so those are the only things that would die.

JMC, view page 9 of this thread. I posted what is taken into battle. I have no gold units. Maybe my post can explain a few things. Maybe....

JMC
06-23-2012, 09:46 PM
JMC, view page 9 of this thread. I posted what is taken into battle. I have no gold units. Maybe my post can explain a few things. Maybe....

Well it seems like the only cash units you're bringing in are expensive. So it only makes sense that you would lose expensive units when you take a casualty. There's no inexpensive units there to die.

BadBoyz
06-23-2012, 09:49 PM
Well it seems like the only cash units you're bringing in are expensive. So it only makes sense that you would lose expensive units when you take a casualty. There's no inexpensive units there to die.

So in your opinion, does it seem i have the glitch. Just want to clarify....

JMC
06-23-2012, 09:56 PM
Yes.

[][][][]

Tanner
06-23-2012, 10:29 PM
Yes.

[][][][]
just to clarify,

Yes, Glitch.

And

Yes, Batteries.

stricker
06-23-2012, 10:36 PM
just to clarify,

Yes, Glitch.

And

Yes, Batteries.

BAH-HA-HAAH!!! ...tanner, you're too much man!!! ...still obsessing over jmc's batteries!!! ;p

Tanner
06-23-2012, 10:39 PM
I guess, I dunno why tho. They're just killing me tonight. I swear I want some of those batteries to go into battle as my first unit in. I bet I'd win pretty big.

Tanner
06-23-2012, 10:41 PM
They should make a limited JMC unit that's like a reveller or whatever it was where the guy is swinging like a sock over his head. Only the ltd JMC unit would be bought w cash (cause JMC plays free except for TJ) and would have a guy swinging a sock full o batteries!

stricker
06-23-2012, 10:43 PM
I guess, I dunno why tho. They're just killing me tonight. I swear I want some of those batteries to go into battle as my first unit in. I bet I'd win pretty big.

idk... being that you actually have no idea what it really means... there's a 50% chance that the outcome could be truly SHOCKing too!!!

stricker
06-23-2012, 10:45 PM
They should make a limited JMC unit that's like a reveller or whatever it was where the guy is swinging like a sock over his head. Only the ltd JMC unit would be bought w cash (cause JMC plays free except for TJ) and would have a guy swinging a sock full o batteries!

LMAO... that's a weird image in my head now... i'm going to have trouble going to sleep now tanner!!! dang it... ;p

Wlady27
06-24-2012, 02:10 AM
Jmc I lost my first unit in weeks. A cheap tank. And as we speak, lost severel more. Al cheap units.

Fifth Reich
06-24-2012, 08:56 AM
What is your PVP rank, 5th Reich? I'm still sgt. first because I am camping for maybe some time to buy those expensive units.

Fifth Reich
06-24-2012, 08:59 AM
I'm gonna quit battle points after I get the water cruiser because there is no point in going to 4 million to get the infantry unit.