PDA

View Full Version : Please don't leave, block.

jobadass
06-21-2012, 01:36 PM
I'll try to keep this short, but it's been bugging me for a while now.

We have seen far too many people leave the forums because of some of the drama on here. People troll and flame threads, call people names (some pretty profane) and just try to put others down. I've spoken with a few and read on others' walls that some don't come around here often because of the drama.

Don't get upset, just block them.

-Click on their name
-click 'view profile'
-under their pic (or where one could be) click on "add to ignore list' and confirm

POOF, they're gone and they can no longer offend or upset you.

Self moderation at it's finest and if we all do it, the trolls will have no reason to come here.

koralene
06-21-2012, 01:38 PM
thanks... i would like to block about 5 people :p

joaquim
06-21-2012, 01:42 PM

Am I one of those people? :p

koralene
06-21-2012, 01:44 PM
Am I one of those people? :p#

hahaha... are you are troll??? don't think so... so no :p

jobadass
06-21-2012, 01:46 PM
Just do it then. It only "ignores" their posts, I'm hoping there is a way to block them completely

koralene
06-21-2012, 01:47 PM
Just do it then. It only "ignores" their posts, I'm hoping there is a way to block them completely

i feel bad though... i'm too nice i think :)

tower
06-21-2012, 01:48 PM
Without the chatter there would be nothing to read here. It's all about whining and putting people down that whine.

Other than that a simple search would stop pretty much any other conversation in here, it's all been said...not exactly a dynamic game.

What you people are looking for is a good old fashioned IRC chat room. Forums and facebook are a poor replacement for a truly social platform.

Anyone even remember/know what IRC is?

joaquim
06-21-2012, 01:52 PM

Does it mean I'm Really Cool?

koralene
06-21-2012, 01:53 PM
Without the chatter there would be nothing to read here. It's all about whining and putting people down that whine.

Other than that a simple search would stop pretty much any other conversation in here, it's all been said...not exactly a dynamic game.

What you people are looking for is a good old fashioned IRC chat room. Forums and facebook are a poor replacement for a truly social platform.

ummm no.... i've never been online before except for this forum. what is irc??? i do have facebook but friends and family only.

Dipstik
Yeah... IRC is where we got MP3s before the general public knew what MP3s were =P

koralene
Does it mean I'm Really Cool?

you are so cool hun :p

jobadass
06-21-2012, 01:58 PM

Anyone even remember/know what IRC is?You have managed to totally disregard the point of my post.
So why bother to even come here? If you are just looking for information, find it. Much of the info you find is from people who have left, and many of them left because of what I am talking about.

Swifty
06-21-2012, 01:59 PM
@jobadass

If the trend continues, it might be just you and me.

sexkitteh
06-21-2012, 02:00 PM
Yeah... IRC is where we got MP3s before the general public knew what MP3s were =P

/whois Dipstik

damn...

don't work ( ._.)

/ping Dipstik

hmmmm... no pulse...

mp3's games VCD's lolzzz

koralene
06-21-2012, 02:01 PM
here we go... arguments. :p

jobadass
06-21-2012, 02:06 PM
here we go... arguments. :p
Exactly where I new it would go.
Swifty, you're good company.

koralene
06-21-2012, 02:09 PM
Exactly where I new it would go.
Swifty, you're good company.

hahahha... swifty has issues :p

Dipstik
06-21-2012, 02:09 PM
no, I'm not on IRC now. It's been years. It would have been on Undernet, though.

koralene
06-21-2012, 02:12 PM
no, I'm not on IRC now. It's been years. It would have been on Undernet, though.

seriously... not trying to sound like a dumb blonde... wtf is irc????

tower
06-21-2012, 02:12 PM
You have managed to totally disregard the point of my post.
So why bother to even come here? If you are just looking for information, find it. Much of the info you find is from people who have left, and many of them left because of what I am talking about.

I did not disregard your post, I responded to it and offered an alternate solution to your problem and added a question to keep the momentum. :D

People will abuse you here and in any forum, chat room, comments section, whatever they can write in.

The problem is when people let it get to them. You are that kind of person so you should probably quit the forum as well.

sexkitteh
06-21-2012, 02:14 PM
seriously... not trying to sound like a dumb blonde... wtf is irc????

IRC was this chat place and you could share files...

there would be bots that hosted files on servers and you could pull them... this is before torrentz took over...

Sometimes you would need an invitation to a "chatroom" and others was open to public...

I remember that you'd get a msg sometimes saying if you are a cop you are not allowed in this room lol

Dipstik
06-21-2012, 02:14 PM
Internet Relay Chat. It's just a network protocol where computers can link up to a central server and exchange data. It's a very simple text format where you can join "channels" to chat openly or send private messages directly to a user. Usually it's just a chat interface, but it can also be used to transfer files. Im pretty sure it predates the "world wide web" and it fell out of popularity in the late 90s.

jobadass
06-21-2012, 02:17 PM
@ Kora, when in doubt, google it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wiknic

@ tower, I'm not that sensitive, but I am sick of seeing people who provide positive contributions to the forum leave because of folks who think it's okay to flame at will. Juvenile is what it is.

koralene
06-21-2012, 02:18 PM
IRC was this chat place and you could share files...

there would be bots that hosted files on servers and you could pull them... this is before torrentz took over...

Sometimes you would need an invitation to a "chatroom" and others was open to public...

I remember that you'd get a msg sometimes saying if you are a cop you are not allowed in this room lol

thanks... not too clued up on online stuff. so chat rooms??? what is that for?

sexkitteh
06-21-2012, 02:18 PM
Internet Relay Chat. It's just a network protocol where computers can link up to a central server and exchange data. It's a very simple text format where you can join "channels" to chat openly or send private messages directly to a user. Usually it's just a chat interface, but it can also be used to transfer files. Im pretty sure it predates the "world wide web" and it fell out of popularity in the late 90s.

I was still using it till about 2005. The quality of files was always good and virus free...

tower
06-21-2012, 02:21 PM
IRC - Was there long before file and MP3 sharing. It's a place where you connect to a server, join one, or multiple, chat rooms and everyone could have conversations together. You'd have rooms with 10's or 100's of people. A few Op's to police the room and kick/ban people.

Basically, this forum but without the post, wait, refresh, repeat. Also, if you say something retarded it's not archived on the internet for the next millenium.

sexkitteh
06-21-2012, 02:23 PM
IRC - Was there long before file and MP3 sharing. It's a place where you connect to a server, join one, or multiple, chat rooms and everyone could have conversations together. You'd have rooms with 10's or 100's of people. A few Op's to police the room and kick/ban people.

Basically, this forum but without the post, wait, refresh, repeat. Also, if you say something retarded it's not archived on the internet for the next millenium.

yeah pretty much lol

I tried to get IRC again on my phone... and they was charging me for it... forget that!

stupid...

Dipstik
06-21-2012, 02:24 PM
Says you! Ever check out Bash.org?

#244321 +(33668)- [X]

<Cthon98> hey, if you type in your pw, it will show as stars
<Cthon98> ********* see!
<AzureDiamond> hunter2
<AzureDiamond> doesnt look like stars to me
<Cthon98> <AzureDiamond> *******
<Cthon98> thats what I see
<AzureDiamond> oh, really?
<Cthon98> Absolutely
<AzureDiamond> you can go hunter2 my hunter2-ing hunter2
<AzureDiamond> haha, does that look funny to you?
<Cthon98> lol, yes. See, when YOU type hunter2, it shows to us as *******
<AzureDiamond> thats neat, I didnt know IRC did that
<Cthon98> yep, no matter how many times you type hunter2, it will show to us as *******
<AzureDiamond> awesome!
<AzureDiamond> wait, how do you know my pw?
<Cthon98> er, I just copy pasted YOUR ******'s and it appears to YOU as hunter2 cause its your pw
<AzureDiamond> oh, ok.

sexkitteh
06-21-2012, 02:25 PM
Says you! Ever check out Bash.org?

#244321 +(33668)- [X]

<Cthon98> hey, if you type in your pw, it will show as stars
<Cthon98> ********* see!
<AzureDiamond> hunter2
<AzureDiamond> doesnt look like stars to me
<Cthon98> <AzureDiamond> *******
<Cthon98> thats what I see
<AzureDiamond> oh, really?
<Cthon98> Absolutely
<AzureDiamond> you can go hunter2 my hunter2-ing hunter2
<AzureDiamond> haha, does that look funny to you?
<Cthon98> lol, yes. See, when YOU type hunter2, it shows to us as *******
<AzureDiamond> thats neat, I didnt know IRC did that
<Cthon98> yep, no matter how many times you type hunter2, it will show to us as *******
<AzureDiamond> awesome!
<AzureDiamond> wait, how do you know my pw?
<Cthon98> er, I just copy pasted YOUR ******'s and it appears to YOU as hunter2 cause its your pw
<AzureDiamond> oh, ok.

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!

toooooo funny... I remember people always said that... dummies...

tower
06-21-2012, 02:33 PM
@ tower, I'm not that sensitive, but I am sick of seeing people who provide positive contributions to the forum leave because of folks who think it's okay to flame at will. Juvenile is what it is.

You are that sensitive, why else would you call me out for disagreeing with you? I was neither trolling nor flaming you in that response.

I derailed your cry baby b*tch thread anyway so suck it. (no homo)

Mavado
06-21-2012, 02:39 PM
Efnet was the largest IRC server, but many of us had our own private servers and chans, especially when it came to racing releases and staying secure.
Dont think any of todays social media will truly live up to what IRC was for it's time.
Really miss the scene :(

Dipstik
06-21-2012, 02:42 PM
"Last edited by tower; 06-21-2012 at 01:37 PM. Reason: no homo"

Sitting all alone in my office, I lol'd.

jobadass
06-21-2012, 02:54 PM

who's tower?

Dipstik
06-21-2012, 02:55 PM
He's the guy who just told you to suck it.

tower
06-21-2012, 02:58 PM

Hoping the forum moderators watch Boondocks too...lol

jobadass
06-21-2012, 02:59 PM
LOL. oh him, he's probably just lonely:)

tower
06-21-2012, 03:02 PM
LOL. oh him, he's probably just lonely:)

Bored mostly. Cleaning up our accounting after turfing our admin...I hate accounting but if you want something done right you have to do it yourself.

Nudie
06-21-2012, 03:04 PM
Is there a way to just block the good people from leaving the forum and game? LOL. That'll be better than blocking the jerks. :p The forum feels so different from just a few months ago. Granted some of the new people are cool too but it feels different. Just saying...

Dipstik
06-21-2012, 03:08 PM
Don't worry, nudie... I'm not going anywhere. Your laundromats are going to be robbed for a long time.

Nudie
06-21-2012, 03:14 PM
Don't worry, nudie... I'm not going anywhere. Your laundromats are going to be robbed for a long time.

Was that you I saw running out of my laundromat with my wet boxers? :mad::mad::mad:

koralene
06-21-2012, 03:16 PM
Is there a way to just block the good people from leaving the forum and game? LOL. That'll be better than blocking the jerks. :p The forum feels so different from just a few months ago. Granted some of the new people are cool too but it feels different. Just saying...

i'm thinking of leaving :p

Nudie
06-21-2012, 03:33 PM
i'm thinking of leaving :p

I'b blocking you now. (click) (click) (click) (click) (click) (click) (click) (click) (click) (click) (click) (click) (click) (click) (click) (click) (click) (click) (click) (click) (click) (click) (click) (click) (click) (click) (click) (click) (click) (click) (click) (click) (click) (click) (click) (click) (click) (click) (click) (click) ..... there. :p

jobadass
06-21-2012, 03:33 PM
I'b blocking you now. (click) (click) (click) (click) (click) (click) (click) (click) (click) (click) (click) (click) (click) (click) (click) (click) (click) (click) (click) (click) (click) (click) (click) (click) (click) (click) (click) (click) (click) (click) (click) (click) (click) (click) (click) (click) (click) (click) (click) (click) ..... there. :pI'm dittoing Nudie

koralene
06-21-2012, 03:34 PM
I'b blocking you now. (click) (click) (click) (click) (click) (click) (click) (click) (click) (click) (click) (click) (click) (click) (click) (click) (click) (click) (click) (click) (click) (click) (click) (click) (click) (click) (click) (click) (click) (click) (click) (click) (click) (click) (click) (click) (click) (click) (click) (click) ..... there. :p

i'm going to cry... :(

Nudie
06-21-2012, 03:36 PM
i'm going to cry... :(

Crying is OK. Just try not to stain my boxers. :p

koralene
06-21-2012, 03:38 PM
Crying is OK. Just try not to stain my boxers. :p

don't stain your boxers hun :p what you doing over there?

Nudie
06-21-2012, 03:41 PM
don't stain your boxers hun :p what you doing over there?

Trying to expand your new avatar. LOL. :o

koralene
06-21-2012, 03:41 PM
Trying to expand your new avatar. LOL. :o

what you lookin to see???????

jobadass
06-21-2012, 03:48 PM
Trying to expand your new avatar. LOL. :oSee, now that is totally not offensive. (if you figure it out, pm me nudie)

koralene
06-21-2012, 03:50 PM
See, now that is totally not offensive. (if you figure it out, pm me nudie)

guys will be guys... i'm used to it :p

Nudie
06-21-2012, 03:51 PM
See, now that is totally not offensive. (if you figure it out, pm me nudie)

I'm a laid back non-offensive dude. :)
I've succeeded in making the picture bigger but it gets all splotchy and looks yechhhhhhh..... but if I make it big and small, big and small, I get the illusion of having expanded it. :rolleyes:
I'm sure tons of other guys are doing the same thing right now. LOL

jobadass
06-21-2012, 03:55 PM
I've succeeded in making the picture bigger but it gets all splotchy and looks yechhhhhhh..... but if I make it big and small, big and small, I get the illusion of having expanded it. :rolleyes:
I'm sure tons of other guys are doing the same thing right now. LOLwas really kidding. she's pretty, but reminds me of my future ex-wife:P

koralene
06-21-2012, 03:55 PM
I'm sure tons of other guys are doing the same thing right now. LOL

lol... just pm me for the pic. bloody hell. i'll give one in vegas in my bikini. :p

koralene
06-21-2012, 03:56 PM
was really kidding. she's pretty, but reminds me of my future ex-wife:P

thanks hun :P aren't you in my mafia... time to kick you out and give you a few slaps :p

Nudie
06-21-2012, 03:57 PM
lol... just pm me for the pic. bloody hell. i'll give one in vegas in my bikini. :p

How about one without the bikini? :o:o:o

Dreno33
06-21-2012, 03:58 PM

koralene! you changed you avatar. You are quite beautiful (if that's you, of course) just thought you should know

jobadass
06-21-2012, 04:00 PM
thanks hun :P aren't you in my mafia... time to kick you out and give you a few slaps :p
Yes I am....but that is more of a discussion for our drunk threads. Defriend and spank me like you hate me shooga!

Nudie
06-21-2012, 04:01 PM
koralene! you changed you avatar. You are quite beautiful (if that's you, of course) just thought you should know

Sorry to disappoint but she used a picture of me. :p

jobadass
06-21-2012, 04:03 PM
LOL. nothing more to say

koralene
06-21-2012, 04:04 PM

you are smokin hot mate... i love you. :p

Nudie
06-21-2012, 04:15 PM
you are smokin hot mate... i love you. :p

I was just kidding. It's not a picture of me. It's a picture of Koroline.
@K I lust you too. :o

emcee
06-21-2012, 04:20 PM

I might have to take you up on that offer :p

Probably not as my girlfriend may then want to track you down, not for the reasons you think....

Nudie
06-21-2012, 04:22 PM
Koroline has more beauty in her second toe than I have in my entire body. :o

jobadass
06-21-2012, 04:24 PM
Just to prove my point:

I've blocked(ignored) 3 people since starting this thread and I already feel like this is a better place.

Sasha54
06-21-2012, 04:28 PM
Just to prove my point:

I've blocked(ignored) 3 people since starting this thread and I already feel like this is a better place.

Not moi I hope.....

jobadass
06-21-2012, 04:32 PM
Not moi I hope.....No way. It's always good to see you pointing that little Auto at me.

joaquim
06-21-2012, 04:33 PM
Just to prove my point:

Am I one of those people?

koralene
06-21-2012, 04:35 PM
Koroline has more beauty in her second toe than I have in my entire body. :o

spell my name right :p j/k

Nudie
06-21-2012, 04:35 PM
When you block someone, does it mean that you can no longer see any of their posts in the forum?

jobadass
06-21-2012, 04:36 PM
Am I one of those people?Whatchu say?
No, I think you came in trolling and figured out it was more fun to play nice.

jobadass
06-21-2012, 04:37 PM
When you block someone, does it mean that you can no longer see any of their posts in the forum?see them as 'ignored' rather not see their names at all IMO

Nudie
06-21-2012, 04:38 PM
spell my name right :p j/k

So sorry.... K_o_r_a_l_e_n_e_ :)

Is that nachos in front of you in your avatar?

Aid
06-21-2012, 04:39 PM
When you block someone, does it mean that you can no longer see any of their posts in the forum?

You can see that the person posted and you can click to view the post...but ignoring does make the forum more enjoyable

jobadass
06-21-2012, 04:42 PM
You can see that the person posted and you can click to view the post...but ignoring does make the forum more enjoyable
Yes sir. Block feature should be easy for them, amiright?

Aid
06-21-2012, 04:45 PM
Yes sir. Block feature should be easy for them, amiright?

Yes..easy and enjoyable. I have a few blocked, too many people are rude and seem to enjoy trolling a bit too much

jobadass
06-21-2012, 04:48 PM
Yes..easy and enjoyable. I have a few blocked, too many people are rude and seem to enjoy trolling a bit too muchHave you found a "block" not just ignore? I will gladly edit my OP

Chester78
06-21-2012, 04:50 PM
ummm no.... i've never been online before except for this forum. what is irc??? i do have facebook but friends and family only.

You could be friends with my business FB page and then if you ever get a horse you know who to contact for horseshoes! Hooray!

jobadass
06-21-2012, 04:51 PM
You could be friends with my business FB page and then if you ever get a horse you know who to contact for horseshoes! Hooray!just stop it

Nudie
06-21-2012, 04:52 PM
You could be friends with my business FB page and then if you ever get a horse you know who to contact for horseshoes! Hooray!

I have a rabbit. Is that the same thing?

Aid
06-21-2012, 04:52 PM
Have you found a "block" not just ignore? I will gladly edit my OP
My bad, I have several 'ignored', if there was a block that would be great but every so often I do read one of the posts.

Sasha54
06-21-2012, 04:56 PM
No way. It's always good to see you pointing that little Auto at me.

I was actually looking for a new avatar - hard to find though

Sasha54
06-21-2012, 04:58 PM

My dog has her own Dogbook page.......

Chester78
06-21-2012, 04:58 PM
just stop it

I was just playing, jobadass. Both of my hands are broken right now...joking is all I have left! And I don't think your bunny would be too pleased with shoes, Nudie, but I could paint it's nails!

jobadass
06-21-2012, 05:03 PM
I was actually looking for a new avatar - hard to find thoughnah, stick with that one. It makes guys that appreciate the smell of gunpowder excited. (guilty)

jobadass
06-21-2012, 05:05 PM
I was just playing, jobadass. Both of my hands are broken right now...joking is all I have left! And I don't think your bunny would be too pleased with shoes, Nudie, but I could paint it's nails!I'm not...okay yes I am ....no I'm not going to ask you if your mouth is broken? Please don't ignore me, although I wouldn't blame you

Chester78
06-21-2012, 05:12 PM
I'm not...okay yes I am ....no I'm not going to ask you if your mouth is broken? Please don't ignore me, although I wouldn't blame you

If you dislike me so, you're more than welcome to ask me to shut up, and I'll gladly acquiesce to your request. Or you could block me, which is what I hear all of the cool kids are doing these days.

Mavado
06-21-2012, 05:19 PM
I dont think anyone could really dislike you Chesty... well maybe CCM :p

jobadass
06-21-2012, 05:24 PM
If you dislike me so, you're more than welcome to ask me to shut up, and I'll gladly acquiesce to your request. Or you could block me, which is what I hear all of the cool kids are doing these days.you obviously misunderstood my post. Always liked you, and your posts. please reread my post and put some smiley faces in there

Dipstik
06-21-2012, 05:24 PM
How do you set an avatar anyway?

joaquim
06-21-2012, 05:26 PM
How do you set an avatar anyway?

You go to general settings, click edit avatar. There you have 2 choices: pick a picture from your my documents or one from online but the picture has to be 150 x 150 or smaller.

Chester78
06-21-2012, 05:30 PM
you obviously misunderstood my post. Always liked you, and your posts. please reread my post and put some smiley faces in there

I didn't misunderstand, I was joking again, though clearly not successfully. Seriously, when is someone going to come up with a sarcastic font and emojis?!?!

(I've always liked you too. True story.)

Chester78
06-21-2012, 05:31 PM
I dont think anyone could really dislike you Chesty... well maybe CCM :p

Oh M, I heart you!

jobadass
06-21-2012, 05:35 PM
I didn't misunderstand, I was joking again, though clearly not successfully. Seriously, when is someone going to come up with a sarcastic font and emojis?!?!

(I've always liked you too. True story.)
Like me? That's bs. You told me you and I were BFFs after you found out I was a conservative from PA.

Mavado
06-21-2012, 05:40 PM
ha...i think I'm psychic Chesty...check PM!

Nudie
06-21-2012, 05:48 PM
I was actually looking for a new avatar - hard to find though

I like your avater. It excites me. :o

Nudie
06-21-2012, 05:52 PM
I was just playing, jobadass. Both of my hands are broken right now...joking is all I have left! And I don't think your bunny would be too pleased with shoes, Nudie, but I could paint it's nails!

Chels, if both hands broken you're typing with your toes or tongue? Will you marry me? :p

Chester78
06-21-2012, 05:52 PM
Like me? That's bs. You told me you and I were BFFs after you found out I was a conservative from PA.

Yes, I've always liked you! Who couldn't like a conservative from PA?! :)

Does BFF mean something different to you than it does to me?

Nudie
06-21-2012, 05:53 PM

Does BFF mean something different to you than it does to me?

It's Best F**k Forever, right?

jobadass
06-21-2012, 05:54 PM

Does BFF mean something different to you than it does to me?Beautiful friggin fountains

Chester78
06-21-2012, 05:57 PM
Hahaha...

(My fingertips still work, Nudie, but oh how I love your imagination!)

Nudie
06-21-2012, 06:00 PM
Hahaha...

(My fingertips still work, Nudie, but oh how I love your imagination!)

I love my imagination too. :o It's the only thing I have :(

Mavado
06-21-2012, 06:02 PM
I love my imagination too. :o It's the only thing I have :(

It's because you keep forgetting to ask for a 'happy ending' :p

jobadass
06-21-2012, 06:31 PM
who's Movado?

tower
06-21-2012, 06:33 PM
Wow, and I thought I'd derailed this thread...I can't take responsibility for it now...thanks a lot jerks!

joaquim
06-21-2012, 06:37 PM
Wow, and I thought I'd derailed this thread...I can't take responsibility for it now...thanks a lot jerks!

You're welcome. :p

jobadass
06-21-2012, 06:41 PM
You're welcome. :pyou're about to make the list
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMtvnAmfuf8

Chester78
06-21-2012, 07:25 PM
who's Movado?

I think a Movado is a watch.

mnju_03
06-21-2012, 11:22 PM

LOL! Old school for these guys...

I wonder how many people have blocked me? lol

Gaming Will
06-21-2012, 11:28 PM
LOL! Old school for these guys...

I wonder how many people have blocked me? lolMnju what time is it there?

mnju_03
06-21-2012, 11:29 PM

Mnju what time is it there?

130am my friend...

Gaming Will
06-21-2012, 11:36 PM
130am my friend...

I thought you were ahead of me... I thought you were New York-ish time zone. My bad.

Nudie
06-21-2012, 11:37 PM
It's because you keep forgetting to ask for a 'happy ending' :p

"Can I please have a happy ending?"...... didn't work. :(