PDA

View Full Version : Crashes, "Add Funds" Currently Down

CJ54
06-21-2012, 09:44 AM
Hey all,

As you may have noticed if you were playing last night, the games were experiencing outages that caused games to force-close on start-up. We moved to fix this the moment it was discovered, and found that a change Apple had made on their end was interacting badly with our games. We have a work-around in place and right now everyone should be able to log on normally.

EDIT: The Add Funds Page should now be back up and working for all games, and the crashes should have ceased. If you continue to encounter any issues of this sort (crashes when running out of energy, problems with the store), please let us know in this thread or through the in-game contact.

DenZ1
06-21-2012, 10:11 AM
Hey all,

As you may have noticed if you were playing last night, the games were experiencing outages that caused games to force-close on start-up. We moved to fix this the moment it was discovered, and found that a change Apple had made on their end was interacting badly with our games. We have a work-around in place and right now everyone should be able to log on normally, but the Add Funds page is currently down. We will have that back up as soon as possible.

You might still experience crashes while running out of energy, trying to purchase stamina or energy refills, or a few other actions that aren't normally crash-prone. This will be addressed as soon as possible as well, and we apologize for the inconvenience in the meantime.

Finally we can blame an Apple :)
Always wanted to do that :)

Luke 3457
06-21-2012, 11:48 AM
So no events until this issue is fixed ?

QPR
06-21-2012, 11:59 AM
Good question luke

dudeman
06-21-2012, 12:18 PM
So no events until this issue is fixed ?

Makes sense. They want people to open boxes and reset timers using gold, and if the option to buy is unavailable I don't see them starting an event until they can make profit from it.

My question would be about the scratchers. If people spend whatever gold they already have on scratchers thinking that if they get melee 4x they win the grand prize, will those people be refunded the gold spent on something that is falsely advertised? Because having the items in the wrong spot like that is, technically, false advertising.

Or are gold purchases disabled entirely until the issue is solved?

DenZ1
06-21-2012, 12:20 PM
Makes sense. They want people to open boxes and reset timers using gold, and if the option to buy is unavailable I don't see them starting an event until they can make profit from it.

My question would be about the scratchers. If people spend whatever gold they already have on scratchers thinking that if they get melee 4x they win the grand prize, will those people be refunded the gold spent on something that is falsely advertised? Because having the items in the wrong spot like that is, technically, false advertising.

Man, you already know the answer to your question :)

Luke 3457
06-21-2012, 12:22 PM
Yes that was my thinking just looking for confirmation

Dangerous Greg
06-21-2012, 01:30 PM
I don't know if it is true for all but my "Add Funds" came up after I restarted the game.

CJ54
06-21-2012, 01:47 PM
Updated with current info.

QPR
06-21-2012, 02:15 PM

Cheers CJ

Can you confirm whether a new event is coming up this week??

Luke 3457
06-21-2012, 02:18 PM
Cool thanks!

Johnny70
06-21-2012, 02:35 PM
Hey all,

As you may have noticed if you were playing last night, the games were experiencing outages that caused games to force-close on start-up. We moved to fix this the moment it was discovered, and found that a change Apple had made on their end was interacting badly with our games. We have a work-around in place and right now everyone should be able to log on normally.

EDIT: The Add Funds Page should now be back up and working for all games, and the crashes should have ceased. If you continue to encounter any issues of this sort (crashes when running out of energy, problems with the store), please let us know in this thread or through the in-game contact.
still lots of bugs since the update on HD version, loot drops as bags again instead of item, "new" red splash icon is missing from goals list for new goals, about half the time I try to do a goal if I dont have enough energy it boots me from the game instead of displaying the "need more energy" splash screen.
EDIT. and in the event the number of teller machines is missing, it is there in the standard def version.

Johnny70
06-21-2012, 02:40 PM

I would like to hear the answer to this because I did it and got 4x melee item did not get the grand prize as advertised and spent 360 gold in the process, I want the grand prize as advertised not the gold back. I have not sent in a ticket for this issue, should I CJ ?

AppleMacGuy
06-21-2012, 03:28 PM
I would like to hear the answer to this because I did it and got 4x melee item did not get the grand prize as advertised and spent 360 gold in the process, I want the grand prize as advertised not the gold back. I have not sent in a ticket for this issue, should I CJ ?

I agree...I just got the same...not the item I though I would get :(

dudeman
06-21-2012, 03:34 PM
I agree...I just got the same...not the item I though I would get :(

So what you and Johnny are saying is that the falsely advertised scratcher items motivated you to purchase scratchers, and upon discovery that the prizes are not as the same as advertised you are disappointed with the outcome?

Even players who do not get the 4x melee item should be refunded as there is a good chance they spent gold as a result of the false advertisement. Players who received the "correct" 4x melee item should be awarded the item that is advertised, and refunded their gold for the trouble.

False advertising is not cool!

nopenopenope
06-21-2012, 08:19 PM
So what you and Johnny are saying is that the falsely advertised scratcher items motivated you to purchase scratchers, and upon discovery that the prizes are not as the same as advertised you are disappointed with the outcome?

Even players who do not get the 4x melee item should be refunded as there is a good chance they spent gold as a result of the false advertisement. Players who received the "correct" 4x melee item should be awarded the item that is advertised, and refunded their gold for the trouble.

False advertising is not cool!

+1 good stuff

DenZ1
06-21-2012, 08:25 PM
Cheers CJ

Can you confirm whether a new event is coming up this week??

+1 to this. Can you please clarify? If its not we can at least relax for a bit.

Thanks.

TZora
06-22-2012, 04:45 AM
Funzio, I have a Sony Xperia Neo V phone and don't think it is such a bad phone. I'm at level 67 and seems like I've already hit the top level "for my phone". I get frequent crashes and force closures. If I try to travel to one of my friends who is above my level, the game crashes on me.

So far I love this game but if the crashes continue, I will have no other options but to stop playing. Please help ...

Johnny70
06-22-2012, 01:14 PM
just wondering if there was going to be any answers to questions in this thread?

iteachem
06-22-2012, 03:05 PM
Another glitch I have seen a few times this week is going into a hood and seeing a bunch of buildings in the build stage at the same time. At first I thought it was cheating, but I exited app and went right back in and everything was normal. I was sure it was a glitch when I visited a friends hood and saw the same thing, knowing that those buildings had been built before...

jobadass
06-22-2012, 03:08 PM
The add funds part can stay down ;-)