PDA

View Full Version : How is maximum hero damage calculated?

BooMan
06-21-2012, 06:47 AM
In Ghosts beginners guide there is a topic on this which says;

"Your Damage =

Best weapons attack # + Best armours attack # + points invested in Hero Strength = Maximum Possible Damage.

This doesn’t mean you will always do that exact #, that is your cap.

So far my experience is not aligned with this. I get that there is a random element to the amount of hero points that will be added to your best weapon/armour combo however I would have thought it would have been around a small(ish) variant say 90-100% of your hero points being included in the total number.

I have a combined best weapon/armour attack of 30 (I have yet to find a good weapon!) and Hero Points of 71. Using the logic above I should be somewhere in the region of a possible max attack of 101 or thereabouts. However the most I have ever achieved is 61. I see the random elements in play with some characters who have 59 health - 9 times out of 10 they are a single kill and the 10th time there is a small amount remaining (between 1 & 6 usually)

Is it possible that the hero points used are tied to your base attack value (Weapon + Armour) in some way so that you cannot use more that a certain maximum value of hero points - say 100% of best combined best W+A?

figozz
06-21-2012, 07:04 AM
My guess would be that the mobs have an armour rating which is deducted off your total hit score (combined hero strength + weapon damage + armour damage), therefore reducing the actual damage the mob receives.

I currently have 94 hero strength, 27 weapon damage and 17 armour damage.

I dont think I have seen a hit over 100 yet. Maybe a 101, but I cant remember. But I am currently hitting the strongest mobs available (Dwarven Mine) at the moment.

Skoty422
06-21-2012, 07:06 AM
Well. No I don't think that's the case if i understand correctly. My hero points are around 61-63(not exactly sure) and weapon/armor attack is 27/17 so with all that being said I should have 105. I can hit a 86 pretty regular. Maybe it's 80% of total values because of the monster defenses.

BooMan
06-21-2012, 07:06 AM
Ah, that would make sense. Thanks - I hadn't thought of that and was getting frustrated!

BooMan
06-21-2012, 07:10 AM
Well. No I don't think that's the case if i understand correctly. My hero points are around 61-63(not exactly sure) and weapon/armor attack is 27/17 so with all that being said I should have 105. I can hit a 86 pretty regular. Maybe it's 80% of total values because of the monster defenses.

Don't think it can be or I would also be hitting around 80 each time?

However taking your stats as an example - you best W+A is 44 with an average hit of 86 you are gaining a 40ish boost from your hero points (or close to 100% of best W+A) so it still feels like the total "boost" from hero attack is tied to your attack stats to me.

Therefore I need to get better weapons & armour!!

Skoty422
06-21-2012, 07:19 AM
Now I do still have attacks in the 60s! What pisses me off is I can attack the same monster on same map(say I'll kill 5 of them three hits each) so they have to have same defense stats, yet every attack yields different damage. That makes no sense to me. Hero points are questionable to me. I think some of the point is dedicated to hit damage and some is dedicated to accuracy % which would decide how often you hit your max. The bad thing is that we don't know the hidden defenses of the monsters to pick apart a formula. So therefore I just gotta play stupid on this one! Lol. I can't figure it out!

BooMan
06-21-2012, 07:28 AM
I have already tried to figure out and got nowhere hence this post....

I have been investing most of stats into hero points but will work on my stamina for a while I think - at least an increase of 1 is clearly visible (and instantly useable) there and not a mysterious variable!!

Bea
06-21-2012, 07:34 AM
So therefore I just gotta play stupid on this one! Lol. I can't figure it out!

I'm equally confused. Earlier in the game it seemed I'd use much closer to the 'max attack'. Now I'm still hitting 70 points from my 'max' of 128...

Skoty422
06-21-2012, 07:37 AM
Yea. Stamina is a for sure thing. The other three is a "trust me" type of deal. Just so you know, I contacted support about this a while back saying it must be some type of glitch. They said there was hidden variables of monster defense and "others" that wasnt going to be "public". That's when I gave up trying to figure it out. I know sometimes I'll be hitting in the 70s every hit on a monster. Then when I level up and add one to my hero strength I start hitting in 60s too. That definately makes me wonder Wth! Maybe the level we are at boost monster defense? Who knows. Oh, that would be funzio and they clearly stated that they didn't want us to know.

figozz
06-21-2012, 07:55 AM
I would imagine it conforms to a standard "Dungeons and Dragons" dice roll formula.

Your hero must have a minimum and maximum attack score, otherwise you would see your hero hitting anything from 1 up to your hero's maximum attack score.

Therefore, say your maximum combined attack score is 60 and it calculates your minimum to be 2/3rds of that, then your minimum attack store is 40.

Then say, the mob has a defence score of 20

Firstly it will generate a random number between 40 and 60, then deducte the mobs defence score and that equals your actual damage. Hence you could hit the mob for between 20 and 40 damage each time, depending on what random number was generated between your minimum and maximum attack score.

This is just a theory... I could be wrong... but I'd wager that I am not far wrong.

There must be a number of factors that it takes into account.

Equally the mob may have a minimum and maximum defence score

Skoty422
06-21-2012, 08:21 AM
I like your theory figozz. It makes perfect sense. And like you said, you may not be perfectly correct but I think you are very close if not right on.