PDA

View Full Version : Why does everything have to be a gamble?

G Wiz
06-20-2012, 07:35 PM
Why should everything have to be a gamble to get better? Where is the skill and determination involved?

I dream of a day where I can wake up to a multiple choice challenge where you have to choose between two mision paths Robbing or attacking and each new event will be different or repeated.

After you choose a path, you are given an objective (eg. robbing):Rob 2,000 laundromats in 12 hours. Prize if successful? Some reasonably strong item 100/200

(eg. attacking) win 1,000 attacks in 15 hours. Prize if successful? the opposite of the previous item 200/100.

And before you say it, yes gold spenders will use refills, but so what? Richer people always have advantages, in real life and in game.

Boom
06-20-2012, 07:38 PM
That's how they make money

Babytway
06-20-2012, 07:40 PM
i'm playing trying to get my CC to open tonight gamble. place your bets will it open now or an 1hr from now. or will it open right after everytyhing in my hood is robbed

G Wiz
06-20-2012, 07:41 PM
That's how they make moneytru, but there needs to be a shift sometimes right? If a company only tries to make money, without caring about customer satisfaction, they lose way more don't you think?

dudeman
06-20-2012, 07:43 PM
That's how they make money

They can still make money without running everything micro gambling lottery style... Most of the world makes money without forcing people to risk paying to get nothing.

Nudie
06-20-2012, 07:44 PM
My momma always sez "Don't gamble with love" :p

Dr. Dengus
06-20-2012, 07:45 PM
Why should everything have to be a gamble to get better? Where is the skill and determination involved?

I dream of a day where I can wake up to a multiple choice challenge where you have to choose between two mision paths Robbing or attacking and each new event will be different or repeated.

After you choose a path, you are given an objective (eg. robbing):Rob 2,000 laundromats in 12 hours. Prize if successful? Some reasonably strong item 100/200

(eg. attacking) win 1,000 attacks in 15 hours. Prize if successful? the opposite of the previous item 200/100.

And before you say it, yes gold spenders will use refills, but so what? Richer people always have advantages, in real life and in game.

I like the way you think. A more advanced quest/objective system with rewards for players, and an opportunity for GREE to make some money. It's a win win situation.

G Wiz
06-20-2012, 07:46 PM
They can still make money without running everything micro gambling lottery style... Most of the world makes money without forcing people to risk paying to get nothing.Dude, (no pun intended) this is my point exactly.

It's ok if they have their gambling aspects with the chance to win big, but there has to be another option as well that promotes steady growth to a sure goal with some effort user side!

Crates, Event item opens, scratchers...All gambles. Nothing to do with effort.

G Wiz
06-20-2012, 07:47 PM
I like the way you think. A more advanced quest/objective system with rewards for players, and an opportunity for GREE to make some money. It's a win win situation.Charlie Sheen approved...how can it not win? :P

bigflan
06-20-2012, 07:48 PM
I like it whoever you are it's a good idea can implemented in mw too

Way to make idea better: there are division with each one having to do less but get weaker prizes

G Wiz
06-20-2012, 07:51 PM
I like it whoever you are it's a good idea can implemented in mw too

Way to make idea better: there are division with each one having to do less but get weaker prizesI'm fine with that...it can be quite interchangeable for tiers, minimum effort prizes and such!

Boom
06-20-2012, 09:59 PM
I agree with what u said but what do u expect? It's Funzio...

G Wiz
06-20-2012, 10:05 PM
I agree with what u said but what do u expect? It's Funzio...I tried clicking my heels three times....

Got transported to an alien planet where I was being hunted by rastafarian predators.

So since that didn't work, maybe funzio will listen to us as a whole vs. my one voice, but who knows.

richard118
06-20-2012, 10:11 PM
Your thoughts are good Gwiz, but it's missing the "competition" element that makes it exciting.

G Wiz
06-20-2012, 10:19 PM
Your thoughts are good Gwiz, but it's missing the "competition" element that makes it exciting.Well it is a very basic idea. But of course it can have the top 500 that we're used to, or even 100 if you wanna make it super competitive. But everything relies on self, and that is what we need more of.

The game is only catering to the fat wallets, when truly its the dedicated player who opens CC every 3 hours to play the game that deserves to be rewarded. But honestly, its the rich guy who is rewarded 100% of the time.

Zendfrim
06-20-2012, 11:34 PM
Hell, my friend, even defense in this game is a gamble. We are all in the dark as ever as to how defense actually works and this "random element" they say is in there is just one more way to make it a ridiculous chance based encounter.

This gamble along with lousy items for in game money needs to change.

G Wiz
06-21-2012, 11:55 AM
Very well said my friend.

Anyone else has a good point?

JuSt.SiCk
06-21-2012, 12:53 PM
CC should be in the Category "Gambling" at the App store and not in Strategy :S

schlumpf
06-21-2012, 12:54 PM
My momma always sez "Don't gamble with love" :p
Bad luck in gambling, good luck in love.

Joeycool
06-21-2012, 02:16 PM
It is very much a game of chance.

Chance to get good items in crates.
Chance of opening event boxes.
Chance of getting event currency.

By far the best event was the fighting event for the black widow.

Goals based events would be a great edition to the game.

This has been discussed before. Funzio seem to like the "game of chance" elements though. I would think they are here to stay.

sexkitteh
06-21-2012, 02:21 PM

Awesome idea!

I didn't get to participate in the PVP event - but isn't that along the same lines?

I hope they make something along the lines of this... it would definitely add to the game excitement.

dudeman
06-21-2012, 02:27 PM
Funzio seem to like the "game of chance" elements though. I would think they are here to stay.

No doubt, and I suppose that's all fine and dandy, but I think what G may have been suggesting (correct me if I'm wrong) is that there need to be ways for players to be rewarded for effort, or for playing with a specific strategy, or for following a specific goal path.

The way it's always been has really just been a whole lot of maybes, and it would be great if there were some concrete methods in place in order to achieve greater success over your rivals. Currently there is still a lot of dependancy on A) Who has more "disposable" income in real life, and B) Who's rectum can hold a bigger (or greater number of) horseshoe(s).

sexkitteh
06-21-2012, 02:28 PM
No doubt, and I suppose that's all fine and dandy, but I think what G may have been suggesting (correct me if I'm wrong) is that there need to be ways for players to be rewarded for effort, or for playing with a specific strategy, or for following a specific goal path.

The way it's always been has really just been a whole lot of maybes, and it would be great if there were some concrete methods in place in order to achieve greater success over your rivals. Currently there is still a lot of dependancy on A) Who has more "disposable" income in real life, and B) Who's rectum can hold a bigger (or greater number of) horseshoe(s).

yeah.. and the current rewards to each goal are not worth the completion of said goals...

dudeman
06-21-2012, 02:37 PM
yeah.. and the current rewards to each goal are not worth the completion of said goals...

Hey, I didn't fully regret hitting view post this time :p

The reason the goal rewards are not worth the time/effort required for completion is because this game is not designed to enable players to play for an advantage. There is one letter too many in that statement. The game is designed for players to pay (play -l) for an advantage.

sexkitteh
06-21-2012, 02:42 PM
Hey, I didn't fully regret hitting view post this time :p

The reason the goal rewards are not worth the time/effort required for completion is because this game is not designed to enable players to play for an advantage. There is one letter too many in that statement. The game is designed for players to pay (play -l) for an advantage.

Sigh... it's true... I must say though, this game does give more "free play" than other games out there...

Joeycool
06-21-2012, 02:43 PM
Sigh... it's true... I must say though, this game does give more "free play" than other games out there...

It does in all fairness. It really is a pretty good game.

G Wiz
06-21-2012, 02:49 PM
Dudeman you pretty much got it right, no correction here.

Paying is fine...though I can't help but to feel as though I'm outside of the funzio "vip" party looking in at the spenders.

Sure, Tapjoy is only but a tease that urges you to spend money to get what you want faster, but it does involve effort, and I know a lot of people have farmed gold from Tapjoy to get 100+ bars. So the desire is there...we just need an avenue in game that works the same way! (to get decent items)

jobadass
06-21-2012, 03:13 PM
Exactly why I liked the 1st PvP event so much. I think they are trying to come up with more ways to play the way you're talking about. I don't think the IPH event was as fair unless it would have been a 'best increase' from now until X event. Ready, set, GO

Nudie
06-21-2012, 03:43 PM
Gambling has always been very profitable for "the house". That's why Vegas, Atlantic City, Monte Carlo, Macau are all rolling in dough. If we gamble, it should not be for the purpose of winning (odds low) but rather for the thrill of gambling.

PawnXIIX
06-21-2012, 04:49 PM
Gambling has always been very profitable for "the house". That's why Vegas, Atlantic City, Monte Carlo, Macau are all rolling in dough. If we gamble, it should not be for the purpose of winning (odds low) but rather for the thrill of gambling.

That's the exact thought I had when I read this thread. Everything in the house is meant to make players lose money in the long run. No matter how much they make at a given time...eventually they'll even out to the house advantage.

Players in roulette are playing to win up to 35:1 when they're sitting 37:1 immediately.
Blackjack is a 1.2% advantage or so, down to .5% with a skilled strategy. But still losing :/

It's how the developers make the money. With guarantees people would spend to a point then run out of things to spend on. This gives much more revenue over a shorter period of time.

G Wiz
06-21-2012, 07:01 PM
Sure I agree with you that the thrill of gambling is what brings people to gamble (before it turns to fabled addiction). But I don't get the "gambling" theme behind the title Crime City. I get the feeling that I'm about to play against other crime syndicates to beat my way through the ranks yanno?

Lol i don't technically want to buy my way there (broke), I wanna rob 'alls yous timmy two toed rabbers" to get there :)

Eyelusion
06-21-2012, 07:13 PM
I definitely feel like I'm really earning something when I complete TL goals and use the RP to get good weapons. However, at high levels, these RP weapons don't do much anymore as there as so many gold spenders willing to gamble hundreds or thousands on crates, etc. I don't really get much of a thrill spending the gold and then beating someone...although it pretty much has to be done to compete at the higher levels.

I'm definitely all for more ways of not having to gamble to get rewards; the PVP event was a great example of that. More of those type of events or even the IPH over time as a great idea (even though I didn't get it).

Overall, I really do enjoy the strategy involved with competing in a game like Crime City. I don't really enjoy having to spend to be able to compete. A mix of both, adding in more strategy and events, would be much better than the brain dead spending to get more A and D.

$.02

DenZ1
06-21-2012, 07:42 PM
I kinda started to like scratchers gambling. At least they are cheap. The problem, they don't contribute to my stats much.