PDA

View Full Version : Question about rivals list

Sasha54
06-20-2012, 06:36 PM
My understanding is that if someone attacks or robs you and you don't retaliate then eventually you will drop off their wall.

I'm posting this question for someone else but basically they are being robbed daily from someone who is now 2 levels higher - so in effect they wouldn't be on each others rival list and since there has been no retaliation for almost 2 weeks then he should be off the persons wall...

Is it possible that some people can see others on their wall for a longer period?

Are there any known cheats that this person could be possibly using to be able to keep coming back?

outbackhat
06-20-2012, 06:41 PM
I am constantly around the same people through multiple levels and prey on them constantly. I have never been able to find them if they did not keep up. Am not in triple digit level yet so can't answer for up there.

Rhino72
06-20-2012, 06:42 PM
If nobody else is lighting up that other persons wall then your friend can stay on his feed for awhile.

outbackhat
06-20-2012, 06:45 PM
forgot about that my wall is constanly changing from attempts.

Nicholost
06-20-2012, 10:26 PM
If nobody else is lighting up that other persons wall then your friend can stay on his feed for awhile.

Correct. Sasha, think of the news feed as a fixed size event log. New events move old events off the log if the log is full. If no one is attacking, robbing, or posting messages to this guy's wall, the event log does not change much and old events stay on the log for a long time. Basically, this guy doesn't get retaliated against very often, nor does he have a lot of friends that "check in." Personally, I can't keep a rival on my news feed for more than three days.

Also, my news feed shows 38 entries; robberies, attacks, and messages. I'd be surprised if anyone else's is a different size, but post it up if that's the case.

Ranier
06-21-2012, 05:40 AM
Can you flood a persons news feed with messages yourself?

PawnXIIX
06-21-2012, 05:44 AM
Also, my news feed shows 38 entries; robberies, attacks, and messages. I'd be surprised if anyone else's is a different size, but post it up if that's the case.

My news feed shows 32 entries, with that 1 message that was posted on my wall. The earliest entry is 13 days ago, but that doesn't make sense because I have people attacking me daily. Maybe it's a 2 week cutoff or maybe i'm just delusional?

Can you flood a persons news feed with messages yourself?

Then you get banned/reported for spam... which is bad :(

Dipstik
06-21-2012, 06:01 AM
Multiple win or losses in a row by the same person are lumped together, but they take the full number of events on your news feed. If you get robbed successfully 40 times in a row by the same guy, your news might have just one entry.

Btw jc... You can tell noodles that doing an attack/rob/attack strategy makes his name show up over and over, but it doesn't fill my news feed up or flood other events off.

PawnXIIX
06-21-2012, 06:06 AM
Multiple win or losses in a row by the same person are lumped together, but they take the full number of events on your news feed. If you get robbed successfully 40 times in a row by the same guy, your news might have just one entry.

If you mean me...they're all wins in favor of me. So i'm still at 32 :S

Swifty
06-21-2012, 06:09 AM
Dipstik has acquired his own little fan club.

Gosh, that is nice.

PawnXIIX
06-21-2012, 06:10 AM
I have somebody named noodles who wanted me to add him...I thought it was pleasantly ironic :P

I refuse to give up a potential victim :3

Dipstik
06-21-2012, 06:31 AM
If you mean me...they're all wins in favor of me. So i'm still at 32 :S

two LOSSES in a row by the same guy would also be lumped.

Rhino72
06-21-2012, 06:35 AM

I do notice that during events the news feed seems to get cut down dratically. Sometimes I will wake up and have only 10 or 15 items on my feed that only go back maybe 10 - 12 hours. Strange

Dipstik
06-21-2012, 06:37 AM
It's not strange. You're getting milked for event boxes, and the same guy hit you ten times in a row without losing. It only shows up as one entry on the news feed, but it still eats up 10 slots in the overall number of events to be saved.

Sasha54
06-21-2012, 07:16 AM
Correct. Sasha, think of the news feed as a fixed size event log. New events move old events off the log if the log is full. If no one is attacking, robbing, or posting messages to this guy's wall, the event log does not change much and old events stay on the log for a long time. Basically, this guy doesn't get retaliated against very often, nor does he have a lot of friends that "check in." Personally, I can't keep a rival on my news feed for more than three days.

Well mine right now shows 22 entries and goes back only 1 day - and yes it fluctuates - sometimes goes back 3 days.
BUT - I think it is still odd that someone could see you on their feed for 2 weeks.
Maybe he is seeing 2 levels down on his rival list - I know yesterday I could and right now I only see down 1 level.

anyway - it is what it is.........;)

TRAZ
06-21-2012, 07:36 AM
My understanding is that if someone attacks or robs you and you don't retaliate then eventually you will drop off their wall.

I'm posting this question for someone else but basically they are being robbed daily from someone who is now 2 levels higher - so in effect they wouldn't be on each others rival list and since there has been no retaliation for almost 2 weeks then he should be off the persons wall...

Is it possible that some people can see others on their wall for a longer period?

Are there any known cheats that this person could be possibly using to be able to keep coming back?

Wall and rivals list are two different things.

Yes, after a bit, you'll drop off the feed on the wall if you don't retaliate.

For the rivals list. Depends on what rank you are. Those higher in rank can see further on their rivals list, so yes the higher ranked player, especially if they're only a couple of ranks apart, will be able to find the lower ranked player. Being closer in mafia size also makes it easier.

Ranier
06-21-2012, 10:25 AM
My news feed shows 32 entries, with that 1 message that was posted on my wall. The earliest entry is 13 days ago, but that doesn't make sense because I have people attacking me daily. Maybe it's a 2 week cutoff or maybe i'm just delusional?

Then you get banned/reported for spam... which is bad :(

Not like you can get banned for spamming attacks or repeatedly robbing the same hood, or boosting stats through hacks

Yahkin
06-21-2012, 11:05 AM
I'd be happy if people on my feed lasted longer than 6 hours.

PawnXIIX
06-21-2012, 04:38 PM
Not like you can get banned for spamming attacks or repeatedly robbing the same hood, or boosting stats through hacks

I thought he meant spamming the wall with requests and/or posts, which would bump the "attack"/"revenge" button off the list...am I right on that theory or does it not work that way?