PDA

View Full Version : What is a "stuffed server", anyway?

montecore
06-20-2012, 10:48 AM
A player I've been robbing has stated that they still get a full collection no matter how much I rob them because they are on a "stuffed server". Are they cheating, or just making up BS to try to get me to back off?

For the record I don't normally target anyone (aside from those with really nice buildings). This person won't stop spamming me about how they robbed me (probably close to 100 posts in 2-3 days), and I also saw some horribly racist and abusive comments they and their mafia left for another player. So now I'm just trying to see how many messages I can get them to send before they give up. :)

Kind of a waste of stamina to be honest as their hood is pretty awful.

sexkitteh
06-20-2012, 10:50 AM
The only thing I've seen other players mention (but I can't confirm) is that if the player is still online while you rob them, they don't lose money... and some players leave game running 24/7 because of this...

THIS IS HEARSAY!

May or may not be speaking out of my ass :P

Mr BigBenga
06-20-2012, 10:52 AM
Its a glitch abuse.

joaquim
06-20-2012, 10:53 AM
What happens is that if you get robbed while you're sleeping but keep the game running, you don't lose any money when getting robbed but it still says in your news feed that you were robbed. This works for all buildings unless they produce more than 100k. This strategy has worked for me very well.

montecore
06-20-2012, 10:56 AM
So is this considered cheating? Does it work on Android as well as iOS? First I've ever heard of it.

sexkitteh
06-20-2012, 10:57 AM
It's not cheating... leaving your game running is far from cheating in my books lol...

joaquim
06-20-2012, 10:59 AM
So is this considered cheating? Does it work on Android as well as iOS? First I've ever heard of it.

If it was cheating I wouldn't be doing it.

BOS
06-20-2012, 11:01 AM
Once you get to HL it will not matter. Most of my buildings make over 100k, so a rob is in fact, a rob

montecore
06-20-2012, 11:08 AM
So is it 100K per building per day or 100K total income per day? It might be an incentive to build as many buildings making just under 100K per day as possible, then focusing on building up defense before taking them over the limit.

montecore
06-20-2012, 11:09 AM
Also, if one building is making 120K per day but all the others are at 90K per day, are they all vulnerable? Or just the 100K one?

Yahkin
06-20-2012, 11:15 AM
This used to be the case for all buildings, but was addressed back in January'ish timeframe. I didn't realize it still held true for less than 100k robs. It does still occaisonally happen if you collect your buildings while outside of a wifi area and then come back in...but that occurrence has definitely been reduced as well.

Glad to see that they have silently fixed it...could have been a huge exploit.

joaquim
06-20-2012, 11:16 AM
Also, if one building is making 120K per day but all the others are at 90K per day, are they all vulnerable? Or just the 100K one?

It's only vulnerable if it makes 100k or higher. All the other buildings are safe.

montecore
06-20-2012, 11:39 AM
It's only vulnerable if it makes 100k or higher. All the other buildings are safe.

Good to know. I just realized several of my buildings are now making more than 100K per day but those are the easiest ones to collect. Will probably keep the others (especially three/6 hour collections) under 100K.

SevenO9
06-20-2012, 02:29 PM
Imho thats rubbish. If you're robbed while the game is open you might be able to collect 100% but the amount robbed is deducted later. I saw it even beeing removed after having it banked.

Yahkin
06-20-2012, 02:32 PM
Imho thats rubbish. If you're robbed while the game is open you might be able to collect 100% but the amount robbed is deducted later. I saw it even beeing removed after having it banked.

I've seen my on hand balance go down after collection. But my banked balance has not been touched that I've noticed. There are instances where I have collected and then spent the money.

tower
06-20-2012, 02:34 PM
I've noticed my news feed comes up with robberies but none of my building reflect a loss...might change on deposit, I've seen that too.

Chaps my ass when I go into my hood and find buildings, particularly laundromat's, collected and on a new timer even though I haven't gotten the money...

enahs1
06-20-2012, 02:40 PM
Ummm... I don't know why you keep saying there is a 100k limit because it works just as well with my nightclub and upscales level 2. Also it doesn't change my money on hand and I bank it and it still doesn't change