PDA

View Full Version : Anybody having Empire Times "Force Close" issues?

Cracka Jack
06-20-2012, 10:09 AM
Every time I try to scroll down my Empire Times list it force closes. It just started happening today and it's really annoying knowing I have a guy that robbed me a couple days ago with a gold mine of a hood.

Anybody have this problem?

BOS
06-20-2012, 10:13 AM
No, are you on IOS?

Cracka Jack
06-20-2012, 10:17 AM
No, are you on IOS?

Negative, Android

dudeman
06-20-2012, 10:17 AM
Every time I try to scroll down my Empire Times list it force closes. It just started happening today and it's really annoying knowing I have a guy that robbed me a couple days ago with a gold mine of a hood.

Among other issues, yes. Yesterday I had the news icon displayed in my hood for a few hours and it would not go away like it always has after you check the news. Also, my news stories had no logical sequence to them. From the top the stories going down the list came 23 hours ago, 2 hours ago, 1 day ago, 13 hours ago, etc. Another issue I have noticed is the news entries updating themselves. For example, 15 hours ago player A attacks me and I lost. Then 13 hours ago player B attacks me and I won. Some time after that I get attacked again by player A but I don't get a new story, it just updates the previous story that was made by the same player.

Version 2.3 is the buggiest version of CCHD ever. The news feed is only one of the issues.

Cracka Jack
06-20-2012, 10:22 AM
Among other issues, yes. Yesterday I had the news icon displayed in my hood for a few hours and it would not go away like it always has after you check the news. Also, my news stories had no logical sequence to them. From the top the stories going down the list came 23 hours ago, 2 hours ago, 1 day ago, 13 hours ago, etc. Another issue I have noticed is the news entries updating themselves. For example, 15 hours ago player A attacks me and I lost. Then 13 hours ago player B attacks me and I won. Some time after that I get attacked again by player A but I don't get a new story, it just updates the previous story that was made by the same player.

Version 2.3 is the buggiest version of CCHD ever. The news feed is only one of the issues.

Right, lately it will force close the first time I open the app half the time, or sometimes when I return to my hood. Still, the Empire Times issue is the only one where I literally cannot scroll down, even after restarting the app or restarting my phone.

So buggy, whens the next update?

dudeman
06-20-2012, 10:27 AM
So buggy, whens the next update?

I made a thread asking the same thing just yesterday. I just saw you're on Android though, so this gives the impression that 2 out of 3 versions of Crime City are badly screwed up. I also have the other (3rd) version on my iPad, but I don't like CC iOS universal because of the small buttons and lag issues, not to mention I have always had a bad crashing issue with it regardless of version. I only keep it installed as a back up so that if I have to delete/reinstall CCHD and there is an issue I can still get to my hood.

BOS
06-20-2012, 10:35 AM
I made a thread asking the same thing just yesterday. I just saw you're on Android though, so this gives the impression that 2 out of 3 versions of Crime City are badly screwed up. I also have the other (3rd) version on my iPad, but I don't like CC iOS universal because of the small buttons and lag issues, not to mention I have always had a bad crashing issue with it regardless of version. I only keep it installed as a back up so that if I have to delete/reinstall CCHD and there is an issue I can still get to my hood.

I'm play my iPhone 4 IOS universal version all day, no crashing/lagging at all. Not sure what's going on...

dudeman
06-20-2012, 10:40 AM
I'm play my iPhone 4 IOS universal version all day, no crashing/lagging at all. Not sure what's going on...

I'm not sure either, but if I had to guess I would say that CC iOS (can't really call it universal anymore) was designed for iPhone/iPod and encounters performance issues when run on an iPad.

BOS
06-20-2012, 10:43 AM
I'm not sure either, but if I had to guess I would say that CC iOS (can't really call it universal anymore) was designed for iPhone/iPod and encounters performance issues when run on an iPad.

That makes sense to me. I guess I'm lucky experiencing the trouble free gaming with CC. Now MW, that's a whole 'nother issue...

Nicolette
06-20-2012, 11:13 AM

Sorry about that. Yeah, we know about the problem, and we're putting together some things we hope will fix this, and a few other problems, and hope we'll be able to get it out to everyone Soon(tm)

DoubleBarrelMob
06-20-2012, 12:12 PM
Join the Double Barrel Mob! Add two barrels to your hood, this is the mob for the rest of us!