PDA

View Full Version : What is the Most Important Aspect Of This Game ?

Bala82
06-20-2012, 09:57 AM
Since we been criticised about all these off topic post i thought i create a topic about this game and ask players the question.

For me it has to be Defence they is no point is building a fantastic hood if you can't defend it. I am not getting into debate about Defence building or explosive i am talking more generally.

1) Economy
2) Defence
3) Attack

But if your an attacker it would be the other way around.

With CC it's how you play- So i am just wondering what player most important aspect of the game.

joaquim
06-20-2012, 09:59 AM
That's an easy one. Economy. Without economy you can't buy better buildings to get your economy better. Without economy you can't buy the weapons that you need if you want to farm an object meaning that you'll get no stats except from PVP, Scratchers, and buying gold. This will result in being an easy target for robbery.

nopenopenope
06-20-2012, 10:00 AM
attack obviously.

you can have an empty hood and supplant your hood's income with attacks/robs which also will accrue you RPs and overpower you from story-line following players with cash weapons. banking solves your defensive concerns.

I don't advocate this strategy, but its clearly beneficial.

sexkitteh
06-20-2012, 10:01 AM
I thought defense as well being an x mobsters player, fb game (you could actually build a tank like character and you'd have to take out a second mortgage on your house to break through)... HOWEVER seeing how EASY it is to break through defenses in this game, I've chosen to focus on attack... that way I don't need to focus on my economy as my primary source of income... I'll just focus on everyone else's economy as my primary source of income :D

nopenopenope
06-20-2012, 10:02 AM
That's an easy one. Economy. Without economy you can't buy better buildings to get your economy better. Without economy you can't buy the weapons that you need if you want to farm an object meaning that you'll get no stats except from PVP, Scratchers, and buying gold. This will result in being an easy target for robbery.

you don't know it yet, but in-game cash is useless at the HL, other than for bravado and the (IMO) cycled earners event.

DoubleBarrelMob
06-20-2012, 10:03 AM
Economy. Because first you get the money, then you get the power. Simple Scarface plan!

DenZ1
06-20-2012, 10:06 AM
Attack.

Economy is essential for beginning/camping as well as for ultimate goal to get all those yahts and fighters.. But along the way it doesn't have much value as to get money just to get more money just to get more money and then what? .. to get even more money? :) Economy is just a time killer and satisfactory gauge just to pat yourself at the back as you reach $1M+. Defense is good but if you are unable to attack your rival back, whats the point?

Dr BoneCrusher
06-20-2012, 10:06 AM
Attack is be all end all. Just to day I rob a guy with 33% better defense then my attack and took over 3.6million from him. Took that money and got the best bombs I could buy in another 6 hours it will be even easer.

Mr BigBenga
06-20-2012, 10:12 AM
you don't know it yet, but in-game cash is useless at the HL, other than for bravado and the (IMO) cycled earners event.

I second that.

economy is only good to maintain your explosives and defense buildings.

money items can be replaced by rp items.

sexkitteh
06-20-2012, 10:15 AM
I second that.

economy is only good to maintain your explosives and defense buildings.

money items can be replaced by rp items.

It's true this... but that doesn't stop the fact that at each tier before getting to the "HL" you need to spend cash on basic items to keep up with your A/D scores....

I purchased hundreds of uzies at low level... don't regret it and wouldn't have been able to if I hadn't built up enough cash... I now basically live of the PVP loot and event items so that seems to have kept me afloat sort of...

But I'm crawling right now again to build up some economy :/ I need to buy more cash weapons to replace the UZI's...

nopenopenope
06-20-2012, 10:26 AM
It's true this... but that doesn't stop the fact that at each tier before getting to the "HL" you need to spend cash on basic items to keep up with your A/D scores....

I purchased hundreds of uzies at low level... don't regret it and wouldn't have been able to if I hadn't built up enough cash... I now basically live of the PVP loot and event items so that seems to have kept me afloat sort of...

But I'm crawling right now again to build up some economy :/ I need to buy more cash weapons to replace the UZI's...

The game formula favors robs over attacks...rob enough and economy from your hood is NEVER required, even on day 1 with 3a1d.

sexkitteh
06-20-2012, 10:28 AM
The game formula favors robs over attacks...rob enough and economy from your hood is NEVER required, even on day 1.

Well not 100% true... because no one has descent economy to rob...

It really paid off around level 40+ for me...

I've been making most my money of robs

nopenopenope
06-20-2012, 10:30 AM
Well not 100% true... because no one has descent economy to rob...

It really paid off around level 40+ for me...

I've been making most my money of robs

Continued closemindedness... If I atk/rob others at 3a1d at level 3 on day one for RP, I will have respect weapons far superior to your cash weapons at same level. The cash is only used for explosives or defense buildings. But as I said earlier, defense is useless if you bank.

sexkitteh
06-20-2012, 10:34 AM
Continued closemindedness... If I atk/rob others at 3a1d at level 3 on day one for RP, I will have respect weapons far superior to your cash weapons at same level. The cash is only used for explosives or defense buildings.

but if you stay at level 1 for as long as possible and don't LEVEL you will have MONEY and you will still get RP when you do start attacking.... if you spent your RP on low level items you are not wise... if you saved it... then you still don't get to use it till at least lvl 45 is it? nvg? I can't remember what level they unlocked at...

Anyways... you do what works for you... I took a little from everyones advice...

camped for about a month... got 2 MT and then just attacked... I've done only 100 missions... the rest is attacking robbing... I have 100 nvg and the rest is dumped into CW... I'm doing "well" at my level... there are better players, true... but most aren't... sooooo I like to think my method worked...

nopenopenope
06-20-2012, 10:38 AM
camped for about a month... got 2 MT and then just attacked... I've done only 100 missions... the rest is attacking robbing... I have 100 nvg and the rest is dumped into CW... I'm doing "well" at my level... there are better players, true... but most aren't... sooooo I like to think my method worked...

My answers are for optimal strategy, which is what a game forum is for. Your methods are not without success, but are not ideal and half has been incorrect ever since you started posting once you felt you knew more. Sorry for being abrupt, let's not derail the thread further.

sexkitteh
06-20-2012, 10:39 AM
My answers are for optimal strategy, which is what a game forum is for. Your methods are not without success, but are not ideal and half has been incorrect ever since you started posting once you felt you knew more. Sorry for being abrupt.

I don't mind if you are abrupt... I just think you are wrong ; ) and YOU are the close-minded one...

Bala82
06-20-2012, 10:42 AM
Kitten take a 5 minute break and calm down

your getting too worked up :)

nopenopenope
06-20-2012, 10:42 AM
@OP,

An example of this strategy is what emcee is doing with all defensive buildings, although I'm not sure if he built an economy first or still has one during. I'm pretty sure he no-banks for it, but if he's lurking he can give his .02.

Ramshutu
06-20-2012, 10:43 AM
Since we been criticised about all these off topic post i thought i create a topic about this game and ask players the question.

For me it has to be Defence they is no point is building a fantastic hood if you can't defend it. I am not getting into debate about Defence building or explosive i am talking more generally.

1) Economy
2) Defence
3) Attack

With CC it's how you play- So i am just wondering what player most important aspect of the game.

The simple answer is yes.

The reason CC is so addictive is the progressive nature of the game. By this I mean watching and earning incremental changes to several key statistics which to a greater or lesser extent, the player has control over.

While its a different medium, it is the same reason that people collect stamps. The game itself, the collection clicking, etc is unimportant, it is all about the numbers going north.

I like all stats, and want to increase everything. Not because I believe that defence is important; I have 0 chance of surviving an extended period without being robbed or attacked, or that an economy is worthwhile in the greater scheme of things; I just like my numbers getting bigger.

nopenopenope
06-20-2012, 10:51 AM
The simple answer is yes.

The reason CC is so addictive is the progressive nature of the game. By this I mean watching and earning incremental changes to several key statistics which to a greater or lesser extent, the player has control over.

While its a different medium, it is the same reason that people collect stamps. The game itself, the collection clicking, etc is unimportant, it is all about the numbers going north.

I like all stats, and want to increase everything. Not because I believe that defence is important; I have 0 chance of surviving an extended period without being robbed or attacked, or that an economy is worthwhile in the greater scheme of things; I just like my numbers getting bigger.

The best outlook one can have! It's a game, meant to be enjoyable by nature. When you break it down, analyze, and implement on a schedule, it takes the excitement down a peg or two...but don't get me wrong the final fruits can still be delicious!

Ramshutu
06-20-2012, 10:53 AM
The best outlook one can have! It's a game, meant to be enjoyable by nature. When you break it down, analyze, and implement on a schedule, it takes the excitement down a peg or two...but don't get me wrong the final fruits can still be delicious!

No! No! No! I find scheduling, maths and planning is the most fun thing of all! For serious reals.

Luciferianism
06-20-2012, 10:56 AM
Things seem grim if you think about them too much. That's why I just tell myself I one day want jets to justify robbing and building an economy.

dudeman
06-20-2012, 10:57 AM
I'm not jumping into the ongoing argument, especially since SK is involved. So, back to the OP:

1) Economy
2) Defense
3) Attack

I have always strived to achieve a somewhat balanced play style. Economy is useful for things like reinvesting in growing your economy, buying defense buildings, buying items from the store. "But the items are useless after a certain point," you say? I say nay. When I first started I actually enjoyed doing the storyline and completing map jobs. Eventually I came to a point where I could not afford to unlock new jobs because I had a bad economy and I was pretty weak from focusing on the maps from the start, which meant that I couldn't really gain much from attacking and robbing others. The solution: earn my own cash by building a better economy.

Attack is important so that you can fight and rob rivals. Pretty straightforward there. There is a problem with that though. If no one builds a good economy there is nothing available to rob. Getting robbed sucks, but it's a necessary part of the game.

Defense is important to make it more difficult for rivals to rob you. Few people care about losing fights unless they want to not use the bank, so building defense to prevent fight losses is somewhat pointless. Having a strong defense won't prevent robberies either, but you might cause your burglar to spend more stamina points than they would if you had no defense. That won't reduce your losses short term, but the burglar might reconsider the idea of returning to your hood again. An invisible benefit caused by forcing burglars to waste stamina is that they have less stamina to use on other players (unless they buy "refills"). You don't get anything out of this directly, but when it happens that a burglar wastes stamina on someone else's hood they have less stamina to work with when they visit your hood. Or they run out of stamina and don't visit your hood at all.

All three aspects of the game are important, IMO.

ShawnBB
06-20-2012, 10:58 AM
Ramashutu, your post shows the definition of wisdom.

Attack or defense, its all about being a wolf or sheep. We are just enjoying the satisfaction of cumulating things.

nopenopenope
06-20-2012, 11:00 AM
No! No! No! I find scheduling, maths and planning is the most fun thing of all! For serious reals.

I do too, but we're not the majority.

edit: btw we are the same level on my primary and have been for awhile, i've visited, but never acted...I will stay stealthy ;)

Coco c
06-20-2012, 01:25 PM
dudeman is exactly right. The key to a successful game is a balance in all areas because they are all necessary to the game. IMO, at my level the most important thing is participating in the events. It's getting harder and harder to increase my stats, and since I'm not willing to spend real money, any high end item that I get for free is a good thing.

Nudie
06-20-2012, 02:35 PM
The most important aspect of the game is spending time in the forum, meeting interesting people, robbing them. :p

G Wiz
06-20-2012, 02:40 PM
I say it all depends on vantage points.

To have great attack, you need a good economy to buy better weapons. The same can be said for defense (in either building or weapon form).

It seems as though the proverbial birth canal for everything in this game comes from a booming, recession free, economy :)

7rs60
06-20-2012, 04:20 PM
The most important part is following the storyline, because I like that part.

jmeijer
06-20-2012, 04:30 PM
The most important part is what you value the most. If you like jobs, then doing al job goals is the most important. If you like do to PVP, then ATT/DEF is the most important. If you want the best economy in-game, than your economy is your main target.

It's nice that this game has such a set-up that different ways can be followed.

G Wiz
06-20-2012, 04:32 PM
The most important part is following the storyline, because I like that part.Hey bud...I don't want you to be disadvantaged early on, but if you follow the storyline as your main focus, you will get destroyed later on bro!

Trust me here

outbackhat
06-20-2012, 04:33 PM
Attack is first concern, it fuels economy for my upgrades and they pay for equipment, equipment gives me defense whish lets me act with near impunity.

Dipstik
06-20-2012, 05:10 PM
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm all about the *****es.