PDA

View Full Version : CAMOUFLAGED BEAR... Worth its weight in gold?

Kiss Of Death
06-19-2012, 06:23 PM
Well for those of you with it well done, for those of you like me trying for number 10, the question if your a gold spender or contemplating it is is it worth it?

Well if you're in it for the long haul then maaaaybe. Certainly with its own stat increase becoming a 367 attack and 208 def vehicle is in itself worth over 950 gold to buy as a game item. BUT you can spend 950 gold to open only 31 boxes (allowing for resets... about $3 a go) and not be guaranteed, but it is guaranteed if you buy a 950 gold item. How would you feel spending $95 and not getting it? DON'T unless you promise NOT to complain on the forum... it's gambling so I suggest stick to medium chances and pray if you don't have deep pockets and a calm demeanor!

Also lets look at the reality of what does +30% ground really give a long term player?

Well nation bonus aside and boost aside it just makes the most powerful ground attack value 45.4 and defence value 33.8... lets see...on defence 4 cash ships beat that... some planes come close... and the attack? one plane and one boat beat them, both with lower cas rates, but it does make a German player 'nearly' compete with UK and Russia. So worth throwing hundreds of gold at ? or just a few gold to change to Russia or UK... only you can decide for your self... definitely long term not for me.

Then there is the gold spenders like me and I have dozens of good powerful crate ground units which would boost my attack and defence massively if I got this.. but a year from now when 99% of my units being fielded are ships and or planes??? not really.

So I hope to get it (Fingers crossed) but not paying for a chance at it... bring in a +30% Sea unit and I'd throw 1000 gold to get it and shut my mouth if I failed! (Secretly I'd cry all night but then it's a risk)

bigflan
06-19-2012, 06:35 PM
I have never won an event ever my account has been hacked and made sure I never open ten don't count on it as you can see in my signature looks t all the vents I have participated in and my results bs is it

Selfproclaimed
06-19-2012, 06:35 PM
I already gave up on that unit. I never make it past 8,even when I have used gold,lol

Lordsloss
06-19-2012, 06:36 PM
I think some people put way too much thought into this game. I just play it and hope I do well. I wouldn't pay for it, just glad I won this event and can't wait to see that 30% boost! Also, what is there to do after reaching level 200? Can you still play and just not level up?

Kiss Of Death
06-19-2012, 06:43 PM
I think some people put way too much thought into this game. I just play it and hope I do well. I wouldn't pay for it, just glad I won this event and can't wait to see that 30% boost! Also, what is there to do after reaching level 200? Can you still play and just not level up?

After level two hundred you put your phone down and play all day on the forum ;)

Lordsloss
06-19-2012, 06:55 PM
I figured that, but I can't put my phone or iPad down. Must be in hands always! I figure after that I might start a new game and use a different strategy.

Lt. Falcon
06-19-2012, 07:28 PM
I got the elite base defense for free without trying to do anything,Ii usually get nine items in every event without spending any gold, got to ten last event landing me the satellite assasin. Long-term or not, I would not spend 950+ gold trying to get this. For all the big gold spenders out there, best of luck to you.

Mcdoc
06-19-2012, 10:32 PM
Hh
I would love to see Kiss of Death do one of her Sexy Numbers Analaysis reports on the benefit of spending 40,000 valor on buying more Super Hornets @ 350 VP each vs a lot fewer Special Ops Helicoptors @ 600 VP.From the thread about how to spend 40k Valor :)

JohnnyR
06-19-2012, 11:20 PM
KoD, are you adding the stat boost to defense? The contest screen only shows the boost going toward attack. Just thought I'd add that.

manbeast
06-19-2012, 11:39 PM
KoD, are you adding the stat boost to defense? The contest screen only shows the boost going toward attack. Just thought I'd add that.

was about to say this.

Kiss Of Death
06-20-2012, 12:42 AM

Oh rats, I didn't pay attention in my rush to post before my appointments started.

I'm amazed there is a HUGE mistake I made in the max stats post and no one ever picked it up in my calcs... I did almost straight away but no one was mentioning it so I left it... whose a clever ****ie than and can tell me ?

Mcdoc
06-20-2012, 12:45 AM
whose a clever ****ie than and can tell me ?I would love to be the clever one to help you - but I'm not exactly sure what the question is?

manbeast
06-20-2012, 12:47 AM
me neither lol

Mcdoc
06-20-2012, 12:50 AM
That's two ****ies ready to stand erect and help but clueless as to how to do so - LoL

Copenhagen
06-20-2012, 12:54 AM
Hey ****ies - The answer to the question is that the boost is all A and no T ...errr D.

Contaukiuc
06-20-2012, 05:55 AM
After level two hundred you put your phone down and play all day on the forum ;)

Ready ? No attack ? No building ?

Arizona
06-20-2012, 06:59 AM
Even with all the boosts to attack and defence possible, it's not a must have unit for anyone unless they're playing Germany. There just aren't enough exceptional ground units. Now if its Russia or UK, that's a different story.

Kiss Of Death
06-20-2012, 07:27 AM
Hey ****ies - The answer to the question is that the boost is all A and no T ...errr D.

I would love to be the clever one to help you - but I'm not exactly sure what the question is?

Do any of you have jobs? 11.46 pm and only just getting my time... now that was bad bigflan style spelling of mine earlier... I meant to say "who's a clever ****ie then that can tell me?" meaning in my Post titled "FREE PLAYERS AND MAX STATS... " or something like that...

And the winner is... no one. Come on... I stated the max bonus for lvl 10 boost buildings was 10%... it's 20% which made all my notes there after rubbish! I truly waited days and days for someone out there to actually pick me for it... especially after someone said buildings only lose 60% to raids not 66%...

Anyway time to catch up on the days posts...

Kiss Of Death
06-20-2012, 07:36 AM
Even with all the boosts to attack and defence possible, it's not a must have unit for anyone unless they're playing Germany. There just aren't enough exceptional ground units. Now if its Russia or UK, that's a different story.

Hear hear! Exactly my point! Even worse now I have been corrected and checked. Yep once removing the defence error I made its crap. Don't waste your gold!

Kiss Of Death
06-20-2012, 07:48 AM
16 hours 18 minutes... oh goodie and another Ally... on another note: 388050/390000 BP nearly at Major! Major KoD at your service!

War Priest
06-20-2012, 10:07 AM
Starting to think not with it, and no I won't reveal my gold put into this already. :rolleyes:

Jp lfs
06-20-2012, 10:21 AM
I think it may be unfair to say the unit is worthless. Those of us who have a decent collection of Gold units usually have a good spread across the unit types, whether from crates or LE's. Not to mention that if you bought those "Expert Attack Drones" with the valor you earned achieving that rank, it bumps their attack up to about 60. That's not too shabby for a 500 valor unit, IMO.

Jp lfs
06-20-2012, 10:45 AM
Furthermore, if you don't factor in country boost, it makes the tank available at the General rank more powerful (on attack) than the Spec. Ops jet, and at 80% the Valor cost. It is also a more realistic goal for most of us, as that unit will unlock long before the jet does.

Copenhagen
06-20-2012, 01:50 PM
Good points JP - The invisible camo bear boost should be netting me an overall Attack boost of 9.5%

Jp lfs
06-20-2012, 01:53 PM
Good points JP - The invisible camo bear boost should be netting me an overall Attack boost of 9.5%

Heard a rumor that it will be "visible" very soon.

skaskankerbr
06-20-2012, 02:37 PM
don't give up guys. i had 9 rockets since 4 days 11 hours left. i just got the 10th one last night after like 12 sorrys in a row. i am still doing the event just for the valor and 1.25m boxes. it seems once you have the 10th item the open % goes way up. or at least back up. This is my first event item on MW and i am stocked. i have had 7-9 every event.....
In contrast the first KA event i got the 10th item in like 2 days .... literally got 7 opens in a row. I think that the % may factor in level, but who knows. maybe i just got lucky.

FYI i didn't use gold this event but have used tapjoy gold in other events. I find that waiting the hour then using the 15 for guaranteed open is better than resetting and then using 30 gold total for lets say a ghost-hound...

Lordsloss
06-20-2012, 07:14 PM
Do you think it would help me to switch to like Germany since I won this event? Would it boost me that much? I'm USA right now.

spectra
06-20-2012, 07:29 PM
Do you think it would help me to switch to like Germany since I won this event? Would it boost me that much? I'm USA right now.
do not change, perhaps the next event will be a boost to UK or Russia, those are much better than German

Lordsloss
06-20-2012, 07:34 PM
Ok thanks, I'm a level 117 and I just found these boards. I think I played the game wrong up until this point lol

JohnnyR
06-20-2012, 07:49 PM
For what it's worth, I would consider the change, especially once achieving General status. All counted up, the attack boost with nation bonus, electronics factory boost, and the ground attack boost will add 60% to ground attack. This is enormous. Re-read Jp's earlier posts.Getting general is doable, and that is a really great unit to unlock and boost. The only problem I see is ground units seem to die faster than air or sea units. The general tank hasn't been tested yet however.

I wouldn't count on a prize unit giving boost to air or sea at all. Maybe infantry, in which case I'd go hog wild. Air and sea have a lot favoring them as it is.

Jp lfs
06-20-2012, 08:23 PM
For what it's worth, I would consider the change, especially once achieving General status. All counted up, the attack boost with nation bonus, electronics factory boost, and the ground attack boost will add 60% to ground attack. This is enormous. Re-read Jp's earlier posts.Getting general is doable, and that is a really great unit to unlock and boost. The only problem I see is ground units seem to die faster than air or sea units. The general tank hasn't been tested yet however.

I wouldn't count on a prize unit giving boost to air or sea at all. Maybe infantry, in which case I'd go hog wild. Air and sea have a lot favoring them as it is.

I agree with JohnnyR here. Any of the countries (besides Iran) will give you a better unit boost than what you are getting now, but if you don't HAVE TO for some reason, it might not be a bad idea to wait a little while. Many people will just say "Go Russia... duh!" But the truth is that there are many, many ways to play this game, and if you are not a full frontal offensive type, Russia may not suit you. Defensive focused players tend to favor the UK, but there are ways to play all 4 effectively. Some players even play Iran, and love it. It all depends on where you are in your own game, and what your short, mid-, and long-range goals are.

As a Russian player currently, I am doing some active number crunching to see what my advantages might be to switching now, soon, or months from now. Personally, Spec ops seems a little out of reach, but General seems achievable, albeit not soon. So I will stay Russian for now, and consider the switch in a few months probably.

Lordsloss
06-20-2012, 09:48 PM
I have 50 free gold so I'll switch soon. It's not going to kill me because I don't really use gold much for anything other than being impatient lol. So if I switch, I should also upgrade my electronics factory building? I plan on stopping my ranking up right now and just upgrading my buildings and building my army. And why is Spec Op out of your reach?

spectra
06-20-2012, 10:02 PM

That will only work if:
1 - he has tons of VPs banked
2 - he has access to buy the drone (Captain) or the tanks (General)

Jp lfs
06-20-2012, 10:04 PM
Spec Ops will take a very, very long time to accomplish, and by then I will be in whale territory, so my strategy will be very different than it is now, or has been in the past. As far as upgrading buildings, most people focus on the same one they get a country boost for, but I think the smarter move is to upgrade ALL of them eventually. Personally, I focus on the Comp. Factory first, then upgrade the others when I can, alternating with money building upgrades. I go 5 money for every 1 unit or boost, but that is just my own strategy, so don't take it as gospel.

Kiss Of Death
06-21-2012, 04:14 AM

Ultimately every boost item gives you more power for the majority of your game play until you really truly can max out your best cash units (i.e. ships and stealth bombers) Valor units are a bonus as far as I'm concerned because of the extensive PvP you need to do to gain it and you're bound to lose units on the way... unless you can really pick on some seriously weaker opponents... but again I won't spend money on this one but hope to get it anyway for the simple attack value.

I also agree as a gold player I have a good spread (shut up Mcdoc (grin)) and as per an earlier post of mine it would give those units a serious boost! I learned my lesson about spending gold on these events twice before and it can be a serious investment for nothing... so I take it as a grain of salt if I do or don't get the items anymore... unless its a Sea one in which case I'm blowing my budget for sure!

Now I have nearly finished compiling a excel sheet which calc's your max base and modified attack and defence values both on individual units as well as over all. It sorts it into correct order and can be tweaked to reorder or omit various groupings as you want. The summary page also shows you the overall max attack and defence with the click of a button if you change to China, Russia, Uk, Germany or other... so you can immediately work out your best position every time you advance a unit type or gain an event item with boost stats or increase a boost building to your current army list.. NO you don't bother putting in all the units you clearly are above using as its a waste of time but if you do they'll be ignored by the cals anyway which leads to ... the list also shows you which units are active and not active and ignores the stats of the inactive ones. I have left ability to replace low/high/etc cas rates with the actual figures once I figure out how to extract it all and how it really works this weekend. FOr now it just shows the words, same with strength abilities.

So what I need now is a guru to tell me when this is finished in the next 2 nights how on earth I can share it with you all? And that's why you men need girls in your life so we can organise you!

Kis x KoD

Kiss Of Death
06-21-2012, 04:35 AM
Spec Ops will take a very, very long time to accomplish, and by then I will be in whale territory, so my strategy will be very different than it is now, or has been in the past. As far as upgrading buildings, most people focus on the same one they get a country boost for, but I think the smarter move is to upgrade ALL of them eventually. Personally, I focus on the Comp. Factory first, then upgrade the others when I can, alternating with money building upgrades. I go 5 money for every 1 unit or boost, but that is just my own strategy, so don't take it as gospel.

Hmm, 3 weeks and I'm at 410,000 already with BP starting form scratch... Just need to BP farm better boys! I aim for player that feed me 100-150BP a hit, do that 150-300 times a day depending on work... a few of them have a deal with me they hit me I hit them, we stay in each other news feeds to bolster each other... find a friendly enemy! I'm aiming for my next rank in say 4-5 more weeks tops.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/152/majorw.jpg/

Kiss Of Death
06-21-2012, 04:55 AM
Excuse this post... testing a tip by Mcdoc on uploading images...

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/3184/vowrenewal.jpg
By myfunzioforumfun (http://profile.imageshack.us/user/myfunzioforumfun) at 2012-06-06

Miner
06-21-2012, 05:13 AM
Well, this latest event inspired me to make my first post. I don't know why, but I want this one so dang bad! I got to 9 and have now been using gold (cuz I panicked before they extended the event). I've opened 39 crates with gold AFTER receiving the ninth rpg and have still not made it to 10! Made it to 10 on the last 2 events with no problems. If I get one more fortified sniper, I'm chucking my iPhone into a lake.

mickymacirl
06-21-2012, 05:45 AM
Well, this latest event inspired me to make my first post. I don't know why, but I want this one so dang bad! I got to 9 and have now been using gold (cuz I panicked before they extended the event). I've opened 39 crates with gold AFTER receiving the ninth rpg and have still not made it to 10! Made it to 10 on the last 2 events with no problems. If I get one more fortified sniper, I'm chucking my iPhone into a lake.

best idea to to use gold on the first day 4 hours or so, mcdoc did a good thread explaining this, have a search for it.

mickymacirl
06-21-2012, 05:46 AM
Excuse this post... testing a tip by Mcdoc on uploading images...

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/3184/vowrenewal.jpg
By myfunzioforumfun (http://profile.imageshack.us/user/myfunzioforumfun) at 2012-06-06

Is that you Kiss?

Aidan
06-21-2012, 06:10 AM
LoOks like taylor Swift

Kiss Of Death
06-21-2012, 08:12 AM
LoOks like taylor Swift

Actually... it looks a bit like me! but thank you. Glad this thing worked I owe Mcdoc! it's not the way he suggested embedding images, but after he gave me his long convoluted method to try, I used that to figure out a quick and really easy way instead... trust men to over complicate things... that's why there are manuals... :)

Kiss Of Death
06-21-2012, 08:18 AM
Is that you Kiss?

Yep 100%, 2 years ago I did my Vow Renewal on Daydream Island in QLD, this is a shot the photographer wanted to do... felt stupid but everyone else liked it. Got another in my full dress in a pool with it floating being held up in my husbands arms... looks nice too... but then he'll detract from the focus on me so used this one :) Mum shots are daggy, tracksuits etc.

Mcdoc
06-21-2012, 10:16 AM
Excuse this post... testing a tip by Mcdoc on uploading images...http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/3184/vowrenewal.jpgBy myfunzioforumfun (http://profile.imageshack.us/user/myfunzioforumfun) at 2012-06-06Worked beautifully - on a beautiful picture too :)