PDA

View Full Version : plz explain

firstaid
06-19-2012, 09:04 AM
What is the important of defense building? When we attack someone or someone attack on me i am going to use only my weapons not a building? I am right or wrong. Plz explain.

Thank you.

Bala82
06-19-2012, 09:09 AM
Defence building are used to prevent robbery so it's only purpose to add to your robbery defence stats. It does nothing to defence against attack only robbery.

Most Defence buildings stats are inflated which why you don't upgrade them past level 3.

Most people tend buy small ones which don't take up much room like machine gun tunnets.

NTM
06-19-2012, 09:13 AM
Defence building are used to prevent robbery so it's only purpose to add to your robbery defence stats. It does nothing to defence against attack only robbery.

Most Defence buildings stats are inflated which why you don't upgrade them past level 3.

Most people tend buy small ones which don't take up much room like machine gun tunnets.

i got many on my hood, i'm near 9k def but a guy with 5k atk can rob me.. so i'm not sure all Gold Building give any advantage..

they are lvl 7 or 6.. and i'm just lvl 74... the must ? i can't attack him i lost lol... maybe because he use iphone and me android ? lol.. anyway that strange ^^

joaquim
06-19-2012, 09:13 AM
Bala's right. But Bala I think you should've used a better example such as Gatling Turret. Machine Gun Turrets are awful and should only be used at the beginning of the game until the Gatling Turrets unlock.

nopenopenope
06-19-2012, 09:20 AM
@OP, Bala is only correct about inflated defense values of buildings.

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?9738-Quitting-the-game&p=42565#post42565

From an older post by CCM

There's some good info in here.

Fight defense looks like this:

Total item defense + Building defense + (contribution from defense skill calculation) +/- (random element)

Rob defense looks like this:

1/2 total item defense + Building defense + (contribution from defense skill calculation) +/- (random element)

There's been a lot of changes behind the scenes since he's posted this so who knows if the formula is still the same but its the only posted basis from a funzio employee that we have to go by at the moment.

Going off of this formula, if you don't have any defense buildings in your hood your defense against robberies are basically cut in half.

sexkitteh
06-19-2012, 09:32 AM
actually - the defense building is used in both attacks and robberies...

I quote CCMark

Since defense buildings provide the same bonus for robs and attacks it doesn't have to do with them. The reason robs are easier is because your total item defense is lowered when you're robbed.

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?25175-Attacking-Cautiously&p=178005#post178005

EDIT - the comment before me is definitely clearer... thank you for that...

firstaid
06-19-2012, 09:42 AM
because my defense is 31289 but i was told by other members that when they attacked me, my defense shows only 24230. I have 9 body guard agency all are at 8th level so total 3704, Machine gun turret toatal defence is 1033, gatling turret 576, security center 289, and others almost 2000. If add all of them my defense from building is 7602. If we subtract from total defense it is almost 24000.

nopenopenope
06-19-2012, 09:45 AM
Start here for your immediate answer to true def bldg values, then read the other guides in the Best of the Best Guides sticky.

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?15058-Effect-of-Def-buildings-and-skill-points-against-rob-atk-by-Guru-Peacock-again..lol

sexkitteh
06-19-2012, 09:45 AM
the bodyguard agencies at level 10 only give 55 defense total.

Sorry bud :(

EDIT: Maybe a little bit more with Tycoon/goodfella

Base defense ie: 10

Plus half of base defense per upgrade ie: Lvl1 = 10 Lvl2 = +5 + lvl3 = +5 etc...

Yahkin
06-19-2012, 10:30 AM
the bodyguard agencies at level 10 only give 55 defense total.

Sorry bud :(

EDIT: Maybe a little bit more with Tycoon/goodfella

Base defense ie: 10

Plus half of base defense per upgrade ie: Lvl1 = 10 Lvl2 = +5 + lvl3 = +5 etc...

Experience says that these calcs appear to be accurate.

Which is nothing short of a scam on the part of Funzio. It's like buying a USB drive that is advertised at 500Gb, but in reality you can only save 1Gb on it. In the real world this is fraud punishable by fines and jail time. But in the gaming world this is apparently a completely legitimate practice.

nopenopenope
06-19-2012, 10:34 AM

Which is nothing short of a scam on the part of Funzio. It's like buying a USB drive that is advertised at 500Gb, but in reality you can only save 1Gb on it. In the real world this is fraud punishable by fines and jail time. But in the gaming world this is apparently a completely legitimate practice.

The game at it's base is free to play. Not sure where the "scam" enters in...

Yahkin
06-19-2012, 10:47 AM
The game at it's base is free to play. Not sure where the "scam" enters in...

You can buy bodyguard agencies for free?

nopenopenope
06-19-2012, 10:49 AM
You can buy bodyguard agencies for free?

"At it's base" seems to have alluded you. No one forced you to spend RM on this game, thus I still don't get the 'scam' reference. Go Tapjoy or go home if you cry foul.

dudeman
06-19-2012, 11:04 AM
"At it's base" seems to have alluded you. No one forced you to spend RM on this game, thus I still don't get the 'scam' reference. Go Tapjoy or go home if you cry foul.

People who are the victims of a scam are never forced to do anything... That's why it's called a scam. If they were forced it would be a robbery.

MagicMoment
06-19-2012, 11:09 AM

I would never spend real money on this game but what you said is stupid. So by your logic it would be okay for a public school (free) to allow students to attend the school but then charge them to take classes. "At it's base" it is free right?

I wouldn't go as far to call it a scam but i'd say it is misinformation.

nopenopenope
06-19-2012, 11:20 AM
Keeping to the topic of defense buildings, the defensive value gained of any gold building is the exact same as any other player's, and puts you at no disadvantage whatsoever so your example that the overstated values attributes to a "scam", would not even be considered hyperbole, but invalid altogether.

Dudeman, your outspoken disdain for many of Funzio's practices are well known on the forum, and while I agree with many other areas of your critique, this one doesn't hold water. Yes its wrong to not state the factual, but this is not a compelling argument to the "scam" label on Funzio as a whole.

Rhino72
06-19-2012, 11:22 AM
I would never spend real money on this game but what you said is stupid. So by your logic it would be okay for a public school (free) to allow students to attend the school but then charge them to take classes. "At it's base" it is free right?

I wouldn't go as far to call it a scam but i'd say it is misinformation.

Hmmmm, public school is free? My taxes don't agree with you.

MagicMoment
06-19-2012, 11:23 AM
Hmmmm, public school is free? My taxes don't agree with you.

Can people that don't pay taxes still attend public school?

Rhino72
06-19-2012, 11:25 AM
Can people that don't pay taxes still attend public school?

Yes but I pay for them.

nopenopenope
06-19-2012, 11:27 AM

No your example is incorrect. When does Funzio force you to pay in Crime City? You do not need to spend a dime to reach CC's "conclusion", whatever that may be to you (lvl 200, all maps, etc). Using your example, schools would have all kids classes free to the end, but the conservatives would be subsiding the cost to have private schooling ;)

edit @rhino: lol damn right not free!

dudeman
06-19-2012, 11:29 AM
Keeping to the topic of defense buildings, the defensive value gained of any gold building is the exact same as any other player's, and puts you at no disadvantage whatsoever so your example that the overstated values attributes to a "scam", would not even be considered hyperbole, but invalid altogether.

Dudeman, your outspoken disdain for many of Funzio's practices are well known on the forum, and while I agree with many other areas of your critique, this one doesn't hold water. Yes its wrong to not state the factual, but this is not a compelling argument to the "scam" label on Funzio as a whole.

I wasn't saying anything about Funzio in this particular instance, merely pointing out that scamming people usually involves convincing them to do things under their own free will with the hope that they willingly part with their funds before they realize what has happened.

If they were to use force it would be considered a robbery.

MagicMoment
06-19-2012, 11:29 AM
Yes but I pay for them.

So then it IS free.

MagicMoment
06-19-2012, 11:31 AM
No your example is incorrect. When does Funzio force you to pay in Crime City? You do not need to spend a dime to reach CC's "conclusion", whatever that may be to you (lvl 200, all maps, etc). Using your example, schools would have all kids classes free to the end.

ninja edit @rhino: lol damn right not free!

You missed the entire point clearly. You aren't forced to pay in crime city just like you aren't forced to attend public schools. BUT if you decide to pay, you should be given accurate information about what you are buying.

DenZ1
06-19-2012, 11:36 AM
Something constructive. Does anybody knows how long will it take to upgrade Bodyguard Agency from Lvl1 to lvl10?

thanks.

Rhino72
06-19-2012, 11:39 AM
You missed the entire point clearly. You aren't forced to pay in crime city just like you aren't forced to attend public schools. BUT if you decide to pay, you should be given accurate information about what you are buying.

Can I decide to stop paying my taxes so you can't go to free public school?

JimmyShines
06-19-2012, 11:45 AM
I love it when clueless players delete thier level 10 bodyguard agencies because it doesn`t give them the PvP defense they were expecting.... FYI to all players, in the beginning, def buildings ONLY counted towards robbing defense, making the BA the best bang for the buck, that has never changed.

Once we found out def buildings also added to PvP def (a fraction of, and proven many times, see sticky and search), it was icing on the cake....

nopenopenope
06-19-2012, 11:57 AM

No, I think it is you who doesn't understand, as you're not comparing like things. Let me break it down for you...

USING YOUR SCHOOL ANALOGY:

Crime City/yourtownhere is a society
hoods/mafia are people
free progression through the game is like public school.
the game/school were funded by the gold spenders/taxpayers
if you wanted a better gaming experience/better education, its financed by the same parties above separately and in addition to.

not going to school would be like not playing Crime City.

make sense?

sexkitteh
06-19-2012, 12:00 PM
Anyways - having it display a false defense I think is also part of the game... makes some players think twice before attacking you... it makes me think twice and start calculating my odds of winning :D

When I see like 40 bodyguard agencies though I just scream out loud: WIN! :D and furiously tap the display

nopenopenope
06-19-2012, 12:02 PM
Anyways - having it display a false defense I think is also part of the game... makes some players think twice before attacking you... it makes me think twice and start calculating my odds of winning :D

When I see like 40 bodyguard agencies though I just scream out loud: WIN! :D and furiously tap the display

As long as it's been to known have a RANDOM factor in any major calculation used in the game, you knew things would not be on the level as soon as you took the red pill.

sexkitteh
06-19-2012, 12:03 PM
As long as it's been to know have a RANDOM factor used in any major calculation used in the game, you knew things would not be on the level as soon as you took the red pill.

All your replies are strong convincing arguments.... except... this one...

EDIT: Your edit made a difference lolz

MagicMoment
06-19-2012, 12:05 PM
Can I decide to stop paying my taxes so you can't go to free public school?

Well i'm finishing up my Master's now so I doubt i'll need it but thanks.

MagicMoment
06-19-2012, 12:07 PM
No, I think it is you who doesn't understand, as you're not comparing like things. Let me break it down for you...

USING YOUR SCHOOL ANALOGY:

Crime City/yourtownhere is a society
hoods/mafia are people
free progression through the game is like public school.
the game/school were funded by the gold spenders/taxpayers
if you wanted a better gaming experience/better education, its financed by the same parties above separately and in addition to.

not going to school would be like not playing Crime City.

make sense?

All that time you spent forming that post just to come up short once again.

sexkitteh
06-19-2012, 12:09 PM

Brought to you by a MagicMoment

http://media1.break.com/dnet/media/2008/4/04apr23-awesome-fail.jpg

nopenopenope
06-19-2012, 12:09 PM

nice comeback, you make reading dipstik's posts pleasurable, you ignorant troll. hi dippy ;)

MagicMoment
06-19-2012, 12:13 PM
nice comeback

Thank you, I appreciate it.

Yahkin
06-19-2012, 12:36 PM

What seems to have ELUDED you is that Funzio is selling a product. Parts are free and parts cost real money. Whether you pay money or not does not really matter though. Something does not have to involve money to be a scam.

Verb 1. scam - deprive of by deceit

Funzio has chosen to display defense numbers on their defensive buildings for each level of upgrade. We do not know exactly what effect an increase of 1 defense has, but we do know that they are roughly equivalent to the effect of 1 offense. It is perfectly legitimate to keep the exact algorithm as to how defense and offense are figured a secret. The problem arises when those defense numbers are misrepresented as they are in the case of building upgrades. Because of this misrepresentation, upgrading buildings is a scam. I "pay" (Virtual or real money) for one thing, but get something significantly less.

I surmise that Funzio is aware of this, but are stuck with the way it works now. They really only have two options to correct the situation, and both would cause a huge uproar while significantly changing gameplay.

sexkitteh
06-19-2012, 12:40 PM
What seems to have ELUDED you is that Funzio is selling a product. Parts are free and parts cost real money. Whether you pay money or not does not really matter though. Something does not have to involve money to be a scam.

Verb 1. scam - deprive of by deceit

Funzio has chosen to display defense numbers on their defensive buildings for each level of upgrade. We do not know exactly what effect an increase of 1 defense has, but we do know that they are roughly equivalent to the effect of 1 offense. It is perfectly legitimate to keep the exact algorithm as to how defense and offense are figured a secret. The problem arises when those defense numbers are misrepresented as they are in the case of building upgrades. Because of this misrepresentation, upgrading buildings is a scam. I "pay" (Virtual or real money) for one thing, but get something significantly less.

I surmise that Funzio is aware of this, but are stuck with the way it works now. They really only have two options to correct the situation, and both would cause a huge uproar while significantly changing gameplay.

It's common knowledge - yet we still purchase it... not a scam... (I'm saving up for a bodyguard agency cause the building looks badass)

Those who aren't aware, should make themselves aware...

nopenopenope
06-19-2012, 12:43 PM
ahh eff it. talk about a derailed thread.

chalk up another one to the forum's demise. for this one you can thank yahkin

Yahkin
06-19-2012, 01:06 PM
ahh eff it. talk about a derailed thread.

chalk up another one to the forum's demise. for this one you can thank yahkin

Now who's using hyperbole? I'm sorry the facts don't agree with your opinion.

nopenopenope
06-19-2012, 01:09 PM
Now who's using hyperbole? I'm sorry the facts don't agree with your opinion.

No hyperbole about it, this thread went off-topic at post #10.

Yahkin
06-19-2012, 01:12 PM
It's common knowledge - yet we still purchase it... not a scam... (I'm saving up for a bodyguard agency cause the building looks badass)

Those who aren't aware, should make themselves aware...

It's common knowledge to regular forums users, which CCM states is only a small percentage of the user base. I am aware and have stopped upgrading defense buildings because of it. Many others aren't aware and likely never will be as they are iPad/iPhone users that may not be familiar with forums.

Yahkin
06-19-2012, 01:12 PM
No hyperbole about it, this thread went off-topic at post #10.

This = hyperbole -
chalk up another one to the forum's demise.

nopenopenope
06-19-2012, 01:14 PM
Are you trying to say the forums haven't degraded in substance over the past 6 months and this thread is not a contributor of such? lol.

Yahkin
06-19-2012, 01:27 PM
Are you trying to say the forums haven't degraded in substance over the past 6 months and this thread is not a contributor of such? lol.

Yes. In fact the forums have gotten better as of late because we are getting more interaction from Funzio. Your trolling throughout this thread is quite annoying though.

The misrepresentation of defensive building upgrade numbers is an issue that should be addressed by Funzio. If you really feel that the community requesting a company to address a flaw/bug/scam/issue/hack/etc. degrades the community, then maybe you need something a bit more fluffy like facebook.

nopenopenope
06-19-2012, 01:33 PM
Yes. In fact the forums have gotten better as of late because we are getting more interaction from Funzio. Your trolling throughout this thread is quite annoying though.

The misrepresentation of defensive building upgrade numbers is an issue that should be addressed by Funzio. If you really feel that the community requesting a company to address a flaw/bug/scam/issue/hack/etc. degrades the community, then maybe you need something a bit more fluffy like facebook.

When did I ever say it shouldn't be addressed by Funzio? Am I reading the right thread? The topic turned to whether or not the misinformation of defense values was considered a scam...

I am not negative, rather pointed, logical and factual in 80% of my posts or more, hardly troll fodder... I'd suggest you investigate a little more before pointing fingers at someone.

tower
06-19-2012, 01:34 PM

Interesting analogy. Since you derailed the thread I'll help continue the trend.

Did you know that the fine print of your USB drive, or any hard drive for that matter, states that 1GB is calculated as 1000MB rather than the actual 1024MB that it should be? So your 500GB drive is actually 488.28GB.

Maybe Funzio has small print somewhere!...could be where the (useful) game instructions are...if anyone finds them let me know.

...found em...they're in the forum.

Yahkin
06-19-2012, 02:23 PM
When did I ever say it shouldn't be addressed by Funzio? Am I reading the right thread? The topic turned to whether or not the misinformation of defense values was considered a scam...

I am not negative, rather pointed, logical and factual in 80% of my posts or more, hardly troll fodder... I'd suggest you investigate a little more before pointing fingers at someone.

You started trolling when you decided to argue the semantics of the word scam. When the facts didn't line up with your opinion, you started the ad hominem attacks against first Dudeman and then me. Thanks for saving your 20% for this thread.

outbackhat
06-19-2012, 03:02 PM
I have no gold defense buildings, just game money and I have many rob attempts ang very few are successful. There is no force to spend R.M.