PDA

View Full Version : is racism and abuse allowed in the game?

montecore
06-18-2012, 10:08 PM
I am really surprised by some of the profile comments i've seen. Is "anything goes" the only rule?

Crime City Mark
06-18-2012, 10:10 PM
If you see racism and abuse please report it to support.

doinkent
06-18-2012, 10:53 PM
you cant expect them to monitor every single wall form every single player

Dipstik
06-19-2012, 05:21 AM
I've been trying to report a player whose name is "c u n tface" for a couple weeks. My email chain looks like one of those commercials where the credit card customer service dept. consists of one drunk guy in Siberia named "Peggy"

Give up. No one will help you.

Sasha54
06-19-2012, 05:37 AM
I've been trying to report a player whose name is "c u n tface" for a couple weeks. My email chain looks like one of those commercials where the credit card customer service dept. consists of one drunk guy in Siberia named "Peggy"

Give up. No one will help you.

I saw that and was appalled - what happened to the - "can't have a rude name or you will be re-named to Alex" rule?

Swearengen
06-19-2012, 05:45 AM
I saw that and was appalled - what happened to the - "can't have a rude name or you will be re-named to Alex" rule?

I had a guy posting racist comments on my way, saying he would do things to my mother (graphically), finally wished my family died from cancer for several days. I reported him, they must have warned him as he continued to post back on my wall but this t ime said I was a rat for telling on him, continued with the abuse, I ended up reporting him 2 more times. They never banned him, he got warned again I think but just went away. I see he sometimes he is still playing.

Thier rules are selectively enforced...

Dipstik
06-19-2012, 06:00 AM
Those people are funny, though. If you don't like reading their rants, just block them and move on. Seems kind of petty to complain when you fail to take such a simple step to protect yourself.

Sasha54
06-19-2012, 06:02 AM
Those people are funny, though. If you don't like reading their rants, just block them and move on. Seems kind of petty to complain when you fail to take such a simple step to protect yourself.

I don't care about the rants - but offensive names shouldn't be allowed - especially if it's part of their posted RULES.

Dipstik
06-19-2012, 06:13 AM
Right because you can't ignore it in the name. Even when he lost, my news was filled with it.

montecore
06-19-2012, 06:44 AM
How do you block someone, anyway?

Gaming Will
06-19-2012, 07:12 AM
How do you block someone, anyway?

Only way that I know if is to delete 2 or more posts in a row. Then a pop up comes up for you to block them.

Dipstik
06-19-2012, 07:12 AM
Delete two posts in a row from the same player off your wall. A popup window will ask if you want to block that player. The player will no longer be able to post on your wall, and I think they can't even see your wall anymore.

upsman_17
06-19-2012, 07:21 AM
Wow, I must be completely jaded to this. Because offensive in-game names and wall/forum posts do not ever bother me in the least, sometimes even amusing me. There is so much more out there in life to be concerned with than what someone posts on a game or the interwebs. If you let stuff like this get to you, how are you going to react in a real life crisis? Just my $0.02. :)

Now, the personal assaults like Swearengen described may fall into a different category. I can see reporting something like that if it bothers you. I have had someone attack me like that before after I had been camping their hood for a few days . The way I handled it though was to be more creative than them and mind fcuk them with my words until they realized it was pointless to fight with me any longer. Usually it ends with them admitting defeat and wanting to mob up.

Sasha54
06-19-2012, 07:33 AM
Wow, I must be completely jaded to this. Because offensive in-game names and wall/forum posts do not ever bother me in the least, sometimes even amusing me. There is so much more out there in life to be concerned with than what someone posts on a game or the interwebs. If you let stuff like this get to you, how are you going to react in a real life crisis? Just my $0.02. :)

Now, the personal assaults like Swearengen described may fall into a different category. I can see reporting something like that if it bothers you. I have had someone attack me like that before after I had been camping their hood for a few days . The way I handled it though was to be more creative than them and mind fcuk them with my words until they realized it was pointless to fight with me any longer. Usually it ends with them admitting defeat and wanting to mob up.

Hmm........I can deal with most sh!t that comes my way in RL - however I have yet to have someone introduce themselves to me as c*^tface...............:mad:

Swearengen
06-19-2012, 07:34 AM

Blocking them isn't an option if your on an iPhone...

QPR
06-19-2012, 07:44 AM
I am really surprised by some of the profile comments i've seen. Is "anything goes" the only rule?

Depends if your name is Payam.

Uberdork
06-19-2012, 08:02 AM
Blocking them isn't an option if your on an iPhone...

Actually, I have an iPhone, and the option to block popped up for the first time on my phone yesterday.

Swearengen
06-19-2012, 08:56 AM
Actually, I have an iPhone, and the option to block popped up for the first time on my phone yesterday.

WOW - maybe they changed it. I have only had 3 or 4 people spam my walls before. the last one was about 2 months ago. I guess if/when it happens again i'll see if the blocking thing comes up on the iPhone but that would be a new feature.

QPR
06-19-2012, 09:03 AM
WOW - maybe they changed it. I have only had 3 or 4 people spam my walls before. the last one was about 2 months ago. I guess if/when it happens again i'll see if the blocking thing comes up on the iPhone but that would be a new feature.

Was already there before the latest game update