PDA

View Full Version : Rules of engagement..Someone explain the rules when losing units???

BadBoyz
06-18-2012, 08:25 PM
Havent been posting much...been trying to understand the game a little more thoroughly. My opponent and I have been at it continuously these past few days and now he has accused me of having a 'low casualty glitch', because i don't lose my units, which is falsely accused. I do lose units when I battle others. Anyways here are the facts, I viewed his profile and my profile is in my signature below:

Opponents Profile:
Player Name: commandNconquer lvl 93 (russian flag)
Alliance Attack (AA): 19,330
Alliance Defense (AD): 24,542
Ally Members (AM): 199
# of units: 5,835

Boost Building
lvl 10 composite factory
lvl 1 infirmary
lvl 6 airship hangar

stated saying that he has a 22% casualty reduction. Now to my understanding, if I destroy his boost buildings. the game defaults to normal with no boosts or reduction pluses except for what his nation flag represents.

most of my units are made up of valor units. my stats are in my signature below. Opponent is saying that I should be losing my valor units at every fight or raid and 2-3 cash units because of his casualty reduction. Is this true?

Poopenshire
06-18-2012, 08:44 PM
When you lose fights do you lose units? Also, when you attack and win against people your same stats or higher do you lose units? To give you an idea some people lose minimally 3 to 4 units no matter what, this is compounded by the fact they are mostly valor and low casualty units.

Mcdoc
06-18-2012, 08:51 PM
The casualty rate is one big mess. No one really has a clue how it works and just when we think we have an idea of what's going on, they jack it up even more.

I have stated several times that I have all of the units that are supposed to give us a casualty reduction :
20% Ambulance from the 1st event
20% Prize from the PvP event
2% from the Black Shark Helio
6% from my level 3 Infirmary
Total "lower casualty rate" should be 48% for me

YET I lose 1 to 3 units every battle. I had over 900 Amphibious Troopers (free 100% drop loot) and didn't care as they dropped down to under 50 over the course of many attacks as I purposely farmed them to BE meat shields to begin with. I also took my SH count to 1150 and realize that was more than 50% of my 2000 units brought into battle - so no real surprise that they were dropping in the overall statistics of things - but nonetheless WAY more painful than losing an AT.

I honestly think that they have tinkered with the Casualty rate SO much that there are probably several different coding errors out there between the versions and updates that FUNZIO can't even truly address the problem - and perhaps it TOO difficult to address One by ONE on the tickets - but still extremely frustrating all the same - ESPECIALLY when it appears that some people have a no casualties at all.

Luke7676
06-18-2012, 08:53 PM
Lol man. I think I attacked you once or twice badboyz. And I also have went a couple rounds with your opponent CnC for FFN.

Mad
06-18-2012, 08:55 PM
It is very easy to explain.

Scroll through your inventory and pick out your most valuable (non-gold) unit or your favourite non-gold unit, initiate your attack on the much weaker enemy and your favourite/most valuable unit will be deleted. It is actually very simple.

BadBoyz
06-18-2012, 09:11 PM
So what you all are saying is that for every attack or raid I should be losing some type of unit whether their stronger or weaker than I?

RedLabit
06-18-2012, 09:25 PM
Your opponent's casualty rate reduction should not impact your own casualty rate. The basis of this argument is not logical.

I suppose he would have revenge and attack back at you, and probably did not see you loosing any units during his attack. He must be loosing units left and right despite having his casualty rate reduced from the add-ons.

Just for curiosity sake, how many units did you loose when you attack him?

BadBoyz
06-18-2012, 09:44 PM
Every now and then I lose a commando. Maybe a super hornet. I once lost a ballistic sub. Haven't paid much attention since I'm mostly after his BP points. I do however lose $$$ each time I lose at attacking the player even though my $$$ is vaulted. Average $20-25K each time I attack the player.

Q Raider
06-18-2012, 10:49 PM
I have the same ally count as you, similar enough stats for a comparison.

Attacking a player of that strength I would expect to lose at least one unit per attack, more likely two. They would normally comprise Flamethrowers, Commandos and Bio Warfare Troops. If I ran to four consecutive attacks on the opponent there is a high probability that a Valor unit will fall as well.

BadBoyz
06-19-2012, 12:47 AM
Q I understand where your coming from. Is it based on attacks and raids when you lose the units or only attacks to the player that you lose the units?

Q Raider
06-19-2012, 02:58 AM
Q I understand where your coming from. Is it based on attacks and raids when you lose the units or only attacks to the player that you lose the units?

I don't find much difference in losses be it attack or raid BadBoyz.

The only difference within the game is that I can raid to around 5k above my attack stat successfully. However the downside is the unit losses never seem to come from my shield sector when I do this.

cheiz
06-19-2012, 03:19 AM
Hey BadBoyz, can't see you anymore, but I recall you have an extraordinary amount of valor unit. As McDoc mentioned and I also recall Q Raider saying something in another thread about keeping valor unit count <40% to prevent losing them too frequently, it sounds to me that the mechanism of the game seems at least somewhat different for you than for most others.

I once had approx 40% of my army exist of Super Hornets. I literally lost one or two every single hit, (almost) regardless of the stats of my opponent and whether I raided or attacked. Reducing that was really helpful! (Thanks for the tip Q!!)

commandNconquer
06-19-2012, 07:03 AM
when i stated i had the -22% casualty its because me when i attack i always loose at least one unit, while yours never go down you raided me at least 100 times anyone with normal unit looses would of stop after max 2 raids because unit looses should be really high on me especially if your raiding and even more because of my 34000 defense stats vs your 31000 attack if i recall. so all i can say is you got low casualty glitch otherwise who would get hardened marines ? mine died after a good 5 battles i didn't had one anymore after that

what we are saying is you don't loose units as much as the majority of us

Pace
06-19-2012, 12:34 PM
Havent been posting much...been trying to understand the game a little more thoroughly. My opponent and I have been at it continuously these past few days and now he has accused me of having a 'low casualty glitch', because i don't lose my units, which is falsely accused. I do lose units when I battle others. Anyways here are the facts, I viewed his profile and my profile is in my signature below:

Opponents Profile:
Player Name: commandNconquer lvl 93 (russian flag)
Alliance Attack (AA): 19,330
Alliance Defense (AD): 24,542
Ally Members (AM): 199
# of units: 5,835

Boost Building
lvl 10 composite factory
lvl 1 infirmary
lvl 6 airship hangar

stated saying that he has a 22% casualty reduction. Now to my understanding, if I destroy his boost buildings. the game defaults to normal with no boosts or reduction pluses except for what his nation flag represents.

most of my units are made up of valor units. my stats are in my signature below. Opponent is saying that I should be losing my valor units at every fight or raid and 2-3 cash units because of his casualty reduction. Is this true?

After reading the whole thread, I actually agree with your accuser - you have the low casualty glitch I think. To give you an idea, when I attack or raid someone with 50% my stas (14k offense vs 7k visible defense), I lose nothing about 5% of the time, 1 unit about 35% of the time, 2 units about 40% of the time, and 3 units 20%. That's winning. Losses are much heavier losing. I couldn't sustain the army makeup you have with the way the game plays for me. And I don't know how we're different. It's not like you infirmary is maxed and I don't have one. We all think it's a glitch. I guess you're lucky....

STONEWALL JACKSON
06-19-2012, 01:02 PM
It is very easy to explain.

Scroll through your inventory and pick out your most valuable (non-gold) unit or your favourite non-gold unit, initiate your attack on the much weaker enemy and your favourite/most valuable unit will be deleted. It is actually very simple.

I laughed my ass off at this - sad part is that its 100% true.

Only units you wont lose are gold units. Makes it almost worthless to attack and rank up.

azy
06-19-2012, 05:29 PM
So, the question is BadBoyz: watcha gonna do? Watcha gonna do when they come for you?

Q Raider
06-19-2012, 06:06 PM
Did a six set raid and six set attack just to give you a taste on what you are missing out on BadBoyz :-)

Raids on two level 3 oil rigs Vs a likely glitches with over 80% Valor attack/defense and around 70% of his defense units being Valor.

Achieved 107BP per raid.
1. EAD, Flamethrower Soldier
2. No losses
3. Flamethrower Soldier
4. Pavelow Helicopter, Leopard Tank
5. No losses
6. Biowarfare Troop, Flamethrower Soldier

Ended that up $132k dollars and down 485 Valor.

Attack series Vs person with higher ally count (397 Vs my 262)
Achieved 75BP per attack.
1. Biowarfare Troop, Dragon Soldier
2. Mobile Artillery
3. Commando
4. Flamethrower Soldier
5. EAD
6. Mobile Artillery, Flamethrower Soldier
Ended that down 485 Valor plus a little over 1.1 million to replace the lost units.

RedLabit
06-19-2012, 08:19 PM
How many EAD do you have that made them drop like flies? :)

I only have 5 EAD units and did not loose any of them since the day 1.
Was afraid of pumping up the no.s. after seeing EAD losses like yours.

Q Raider
06-19-2012, 09:10 PM
Hi RedLabit
That was a sacrifice event just to give BadBoyz an idea of what most of us experience. Normally look after them a bit better than that.

I have been steadily increasing the number as I increase allies, now have 30 of them. Kept a spreadsheet to keep track. Loss rate as I calculate it is one in 3600 so with 30 in play I expect to lose one every 120 attack/raid BUT if I chase the BP's then those figures (as you can see) go right out the window.

After a good raid run when I am cashed up I usually try to find some opposition which return good BP's, I like seeing how far above my attack score I can go just to add a little variety to the game. Those loss rates make it hard though, I think that those who experience this low casualty factor are going to become more obvious soon as they will rapidly outrank other players by being able to consistently chase the bigger BP targets.