PDA

View Full Version : Should Funzio consider a premium membership?

Mad
06-18-2012, 06:18 PM
On a couple of threads, it has been mentioned that Funzio should consider offering a premier membership for Modern War.

For those unfamiliar, it involves individuals being able to purchase a premier membership Funzio? Many online gaming sites offer this and it usually costs around $7 to $8 a month. Most sites offer reduced rates if you buy it by the year. This would be in addition to the gold purchase currently available.

So what kind of services could Funzio offer with this Premier membership?

Well I am going to suggest some possibilities.

1. Reduced upgrade times

2. Special maps with higher loots

3. Special events only available to members

4. A bit of gold -- most online games pay out some cash each month, in this case it would be gold. You would have a few bars deposited each month in your account.

5. Special units and buildings only available to members

6. Discounts on gold purchases -- i.e maybe we could get the three crate deal for 150 gold bars instead of the current 175.

7. Special deals on land purchases.

There are many things that could be incorporated in such a membership. I am wondering how much interest there would be in such a service? And what things would you like to have incorporated in such a membership?

I have no idea if Funzio is even considering it, but I know I would be interested. I can't afford to spend hundreds of dollars on gold, like some do, but am interested in spending a bit to support the game.

I believe MW would be an ideal game for Funzio to consider offering a premium membership and was wondering if others would be interested in such a service?

andymac106
06-18-2012, 06:20 PM
Should they- Yes

Will they- Probably not

But its a good idea that I would gladly pay for though!!

SeqWins
06-18-2012, 06:22 PM
YOu mean something similar to CC's character upgrade? If yes..

I would pay to buy gold to upgrade my avatar......only!! When the Gold ban is lifted..don't forget about the GOLD BAN people!!!

Automaine
06-18-2012, 07:18 PM
Like andymac said, it sounds good to have a premium membership.But most likely it will not happen, because this company want to make money by doing less not more, that's why most units are copy's that they just put a new color or a new hat but they are the same avatar.New things cost more for a company.

Fifth Reich
06-18-2012, 07:30 PM
You could have +4 skill points after a level, 3 gold a day, a random cash unit every day, a sign up bonus, a gold producing building (maybe 3 gold every 36 hours), a vault increased to 15 million, you get 15% of the person's unvauted money instead of 10%, and 5% more cash from money buildings.

Mad
06-18-2012, 08:31 PM
YOu mean something similar to CC's character upgrade? If yes..

I would pay to buy gold to upgrade my avatar......only!! When the Gold ban is lifted..don't forget about the GOLD BAN people!!!

What benefits do you get with upgrading your avatar in CC?

manbeast
06-18-2012, 09:38 PM
yea that would be awesome

What?
06-19-2012, 01:02 PM
I think premium status is the way to go. Maybe even some special threads not forum threads, clothes. ;). Some premium cash units would be great. 5-10 dollars a month unlocks these units and a few extra bonuses as well. 10% off upgrade times and cost. Maybe a reduced time in energy and stamina regeneration. stuff like that I would definitely consider purchasing.

Poopenshire
06-19-2012, 01:20 PM
allow me to make select non-industructable units indestructable and you got a deal. i am not saying all or alot, but allow me one unit a week to make it indestructable and thats good and it stays that way forever.

Hassleham
06-19-2012, 01:49 PM
Nooooooooooo. As soon as they do this, they will start neglecting free players as a way to get everyone paying monthly.

In my opinion, the only way to integrate something like this fairly would be to a make a modern war 2.

Crime City Mark
06-19-2012, 03:06 PM
Interesting suggestions, thank you for posting this.

Hassleham
06-19-2012, 03:09 PM
Oh god, know they have coins in their eyes and they're actually going to do it haha

Hapl0
06-19-2012, 03:34 PM
I agree on this suggestion.

Crime City Mark
06-19-2012, 03:45 PM
Oh god, know they have coins in their eyes and they're actually going to do it haha

Never said that, just thanking them for the suggestion. This idea has been brought up internally in the past, but we never went with it. Having players discuss it is interesting to read.

Dover
06-19-2012, 03:58 PM

If they were making money why would they offer the game. You act shocked, I am rather surprised at your response. I really hope you were joking.

Osy
06-19-2012, 04:06 PM
I would pay to get my vault upgraded.

Poopenshire
06-19-2012, 04:08 PM
I am all for this. It just has to be reasonable. No more than 9.99 a month. I am not asking for the world.

andymac106
06-19-2012, 04:57 PM
No CCM!!!! Dont fall for our temptations!! Fix tasks at hand instead of creating new ones

SeqWins
06-19-2012, 04:59 PM
I'll settle for something like what they do over at Crime City a whole account upgrade for 150 Gold....

War Priest
06-19-2012, 05:02 PM
How about $5,000 per ally visit in this membership.

Poopenshire
06-19-2012, 05:04 PM
How does this acct upgrade work in CC?

War Priest
06-19-2012, 05:06 PM

You just go in to your profile and there is an upgrade button.

Poopenshire
06-19-2012, 05:10 PM
I don't play CC

SeqWins
06-19-2012, 05:10 PM

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c332/SeqTheMesiah/Modern%20War%20Crime%20City%20and%20Kingdom%20Age/482acfc4.jpg

Poopenshire
06-19-2012, 05:12 PM
It would have to be different for MW. Those things are not exactly the top list issues very one has.

andymac106
06-19-2012, 05:14 PM
Ok whichever you already have (10% stamina, energy, money) you do NOT get an addition 10% on top of that. You only get the other 2

Mad
06-19-2012, 08:53 PM
It would have to be different for MW. Those things are not exactly the top list issues very one has.

I am thinking of a bit more than just a simple upgrade of your player. But a membership that would include special maps reserved only for premium players, with some good loot and good spots for finding crates for events. Units that only members can buy.

Maybe even a completel upgradeable unit building complete with its own unique units. In the past, I have wondered about an upgradeable guerrila unit building complete with different levels of guerilla units that allow you to attack anyone -- including players in whale territory. You would have a chance of winning in this guerrilla attack, maybe the odds would be 50/50. However, you wouldn't have the same rewards as in a raid or an attack. If you attacked a money building you would have a chance at money and maybe if you attacked a unit building a chance to win one of the player's units (Obviously not a gold unit). In return, the person you attacked would have a limited time opportunity to attack you -- the risk you take. In my dream world, the guerrila attacker would set how much time the highe level player would have to attack back. The more time the guerrila attacker gave, the greater the reward he could potentially win. But ultimately the guerrila unit would allow you to attack anyone above you.

What?
06-19-2012, 09:16 PM
The only problem with premium buildings (which I like the idea as well) is what happens when your premium status runs out? Do you lose the ability of the buildings, or is it there for the duration of the game whether you renew premium or not?
Another fun thing I can see are forum contests for free premium status for a month or ingame contests as well. Maybe bring back the naming unit contest or even a fan art contest hell even poetry/short story contest with a modern war theme. The prizes could be an indestructible unit and free premium for a month. If that person already has premium then it can just be extended. There are a lot of possibilities for the community to have fun rather than the rampant negativity of late.

Cantgetright
06-19-2012, 09:19 PM
They already rip you off with gold prices, why would you want another thing for them to rip you off for?? It would make the rich get priority service and the free players kicked to the curb, funzio already doesn't care about what goes on unless it affects there $$$. The stuff you win from these contests already screw the lower level people, where the stuff is almost impossible to win but if you did the 300/150 att/def for Lvl 100+ is only 150/65 att/def for lower levels. The rich stay rich and the poor stay broke, might as well be modern war government app.

Corsair
06-19-2012, 09:39 PM
I like the CC one. That's pretty cheap. I'd pay twice that for double those numbers. But the membership thing, I am not so sure. On the surface, yeah I'd do it, awesome! But you would create more class warfare in a game. We already have gold vs no gold and all the crap that goes along with that. Now you'd have a membership class. If I were a free player new to the game, and saw this, I'd turn away. You have to consider that for any game there is a ton of turnover. This might help retention, but also drop new sign ups. My guess is the internal discussions determined there would be too much risk to something like this, at least to start. Funny thing is, now that this game has taken on a life of its own, there are a lot of things they never knew would happen. I doubt they had any idea so many people would spend as much as they have on gold.

OK gonna stop there before I ramble on too much. Good old Makers...

What?
06-19-2012, 09:43 PM
We're not talking about thousands of dollars here. We're talking about an affordable bonus that provides some advantages to paying customers. Personally I have spent a little over $200 on this game mostly for cash building. I regularly beat people who must have spent 1000 or more because I built a strong economy. I have never purchase gold units and I probably never will. Once I have purchased all the gold buildings I will not purchase another thing for this game unless there was something that could help me develope my economy faster with this proposed premium status. I would first have to see what bonuses it entailed, but I would definitely consider purchasing it. There are already unfair advantages in this game with what some people are willing to pay. This can be an alternative that can give you an edge that won't break the bank. I'm not saying my case is unique, but once my buildings are complete funzio will not make any more money from me and if premium was implemented they could maybe have a more reliable revenue stream.

They already rip you off with gold prices, why would you want another thing for them to rip you off for?? It would make the rich get priority service and the free players kicked to the curb, funzio already doesn't care about what goes on unless it affects there $$$. The stuff you win from these contests already screw the lower level people, where the stuff is almost impossible to win but if you did the 300/150 att/def for Lvl 100+ is only 150/65 att/def for lower levels. The rich stay rich and the poor stay broke, might as well be modern war government app.

Hassleham
06-20-2012, 12:25 AM
If they were making money why would they offer the game. You act shocked, I am rather surprised at your response. I really hope you were joking.

I think you misunderstood.
Andymac and cantgetright put it in more detail and I totally agree with them.

Tctiger
06-20-2012, 08:37 AM
would make the gap between gold and free players bigger , happy with the events and tournaments , you already have to pay for the gold units and buildings , doing that would mean you would have to spend even more cash if a gold player and discorage the light gold and free players even more . you want us to pay for new maps now ? if you don't know what to do with your money throw some over here !