PDA

View Full Version : Spreadsheet Template?

Thief
06-18-2012, 04:11 PM
Hello,

I was creating a Template on Excel with all of my units to calculate what units i should be buying to help improve my Attack/Defense.

So Far the Columns i've created are as follows:
Unit Type (Infantry, Ground, Air, Sea)
Name of Unit
Number of Units
Base Attack
Base Defense
Modified Attack (Formula sorting all X type units and caluclating my bonus 1.002 (level 1 airship Hanger)
=Sum(X * 1.002)
Modified Defense (Same Formula as Attack but using Base Defense and any Bonuses such as Composite)

Then if i want to buy Units to improve my Defense i will sort my Modified Defense Column (Largest to Smallest) and then take the top Sum of my Number of units based on the Units i would take into battle.
I might be making it sound too difficult but it's actually very simply.
Upon Running the numbers i was suprised to see some of the units still defending my base.

My question is what do you use to calculate the numbers (besides just doing it in your head) Do you add in any other factors? (Strong against perhaps?....I know this is based on what your opponent has but i didn't know if you gave it a small bonus?)

I would love any feedback or suggestions you guys/gals might have.
Thank you.

Q Raider
06-18-2012, 07:16 PM
First note is that you have an error in the Bonus calculation, it should be 1.02, not 1.002.

I also added tabs to keep a check on the percentage of Valor units for attack defense strength and as an overall number taken into the attack equation to try to manage that aspect as well.

As for strong against, basically I try to maximize the number of these units that come into my defense.

Thief
06-18-2012, 10:16 PM
Raider

Thanks for the Input. Yea the Calculation was based on my settings i had on Excel so thank you for pointing out the error.

I'm not sure i understand percentage of Valor Units? Do you simply want to know what percentage of your units you use are Valor? Are you trying to keep track of losses?

Thank you for the Clarification.

~Ace

Q Raider
06-18-2012, 10:35 PM
Valor is effectively the most difficult commodity to find in the game, you cannot buy it, you cannot "grow" it, you can only earn it from Attacks, Raids and event drops apart from a pittance available in the PVE environment, therefore IMO if you are going to rely on it (and many do) then you need to put a management concept in place.

I actually started in an attempt to compare my losses against those whom are termed "low cas" or "glitch" players. These people are capable of putting in sustained attacks with minimal to no casualties. I don't have the advantage of low losses therefore I have been playing with the figures to find a point where I can maintain a certain percentage of Valor army.

I should state I am also playing a significantly different style of game to many here, hence I have a greater tendency to want to use the maximum Valor I can along the way. Many who have far superior latent cash income can afford to bank almost all their Valor for later use.

Copenhagen
06-18-2012, 11:05 PM
@Thief - This is pretty much exactly how my excell table works. I do not take "strong against" into account.

Thief
06-19-2012, 08:20 AM
@Raider: If you don't mind me asking what Valor Units are you using and what have you found to be an "Acceptable Attrition rate?" (What percentage of your army is valor to reach that acceptable rate?) I am one of those that started to store my valor since i realized with my current income of 460 IPH i can better save it for the future when i get in an ugly scrap or pass into levels 100+. Currently i only have 42k Valor but i just recently started saving and i plan on having over 100k valor before reaching level 100.

@Copenhagen thanks for verifying. Knowing thats what your using helps validate it's accuracy and likelyhood to succeed.

~Ace

Contaukiuc
06-19-2012, 10:42 AM
my friend's account is locked by ID device , how to unlock account ?

Bronson
06-19-2012, 01:51 PM
@Thief - This is pretty much exactly how my excell table works. I do not take "strong against" into account.

Strong against shouldn't be taken into account anyway as it doesn't improve your stats but weakens the opponents depending on your strong against units and their army composition.

Thief
06-20-2012, 08:20 AM
@ Bronson: As i mentioned i know it's based on what your opponent has not based off of your stats.
However i was wondering if anyone had a way of accounting for strong against? Also is it known that regardless of my "Strong Against" units the Server will simply pick my strongest units to battle my opponent regardless even if the Strong against my opponent would be a better match?

ie: i have a 2 units of equal strenth however one is air and one is infantry (strong against air) I have a lvl 1 airship hanger improving my air stats by 2% making my air unit stronger than my infantry...however i'm battling someone with another air unit. Will my infantry come into play or only the air unit still?

Thanks for any clarification