PDA

View Full Version : Scratcher Guide and FAQ (Android live!)

Crime City Mark
06-18-2012, 02:14 PM
This is now live for Android!

The scratcher is a simple popup with 3 squares x 2 squares (6 total). There are six overall icons: cash, respect, melee, gun, armor, vehicle. One of the six icons will be in each box. The rewards a player gets from the scratcher will depend on how many of certain icons are showing in the 6 boxes.

We give the you the best reward out of the rewards they won. In the case where they have tied rewards (I.E. 3 respect + 3 cash, or 2 melee + 2 gun + 2 armor) we will randomly choose one. So the more of one icon a player gets within a single scratcher, the greater the reward is.

Reward categories can enter an “bonus/limited time” state for a limited time. This means that another set of items should be shown, typically better items. The payout odds table should show the limited items and the timer as well.

Players will get one free scratcher a day. The new scratcher will be given to them the first time they login after midnight. After completing that scratcher, players should be prompted to buy a new scratcher. If they decline that, they can purchase more scratchers in the store.

Players will be able to purchase scratch tickets in the store under the Special tab. For now we will be issuing 1 type of ticket, although we may offer more types at different prices. You may only have 1 scratcher at a time.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Ramshutu
06-18-2012, 02:19 PM
The events have decreasing odds the more items you have, is it the same here? Or is it truly random?

Joie
06-18-2012, 02:30 PM
Don't know but I it a pretty sweet car first scratch

nopenopenope
06-18-2012, 02:32 PM
Hi Mark,

Is there any statistical difference between manual scratch-offs and scratch-all's?

TY

Crime City Mark
06-18-2012, 02:38 PM
The events have decreasing odds the more items you have, is it the same here? Or is it truly random?

This isn't an event. The drop rates don't change to the best of my knowledge.

Crime City Mark
06-18-2012, 02:38 PM
Hi Mark,

Is there any statistical difference between manual scratch-offs and scratch-all's?

TY

There is not.

fuzzy
06-18-2012, 02:49 PM
Hi sir,

Hope you had a good day at the office. Do you know of a time from they will be coming to Android?

Crime City Mark
06-18-2012, 02:52 PM
Hi sir,

Hope you had a good day at the office. Do you know of a time from they will be coming to Android?

I can't really give a date for unreleased content. Probably next month, but don't hold me to it.

Ramshutu
06-18-2012, 02:59 PM
The original scratcher thread stated that Gold maybe a reward, is this going to be a limited addition prize? Or has it been removed for balance purposes.

Crime City Mark
06-18-2012, 03:03 PM
The original scratcher thread stated that Gold maybe a reward, is this going to be a limited addition prize? Or has it been removed for balance purposes.

I don't have access to the rewards table at this time.

QPR
06-18-2012, 03:14 PM
Credit where it is due it's great to see CCM engaging with the community to keep us all updated

Thanks

outbackhat
06-18-2012, 04:27 PM
It may be dumb question but are scratchers only available after certain level? H aven't seen them and don't show at store in specials.

Beardy
06-18-2012, 04:42 PM
It may be dumb question but are scratchers only available after certain level? H aven't seen them and don't show at store in specials.

Updated app? Or on Android?

outbackhat
06-18-2012, 05:45 PM
android and update often

enahs1
06-18-2012, 05:50 PM
What is going to replace the cars?

Beardy
06-18-2012, 08:05 PM
android and update often

I don't think Androids get the Scratchers yet..

Plumbernick9
06-18-2012, 09:17 PM
Mark,
Its good to see you around the forums lately. Thank you for all your help.

Namenovn
06-19-2012, 01:15 AM
I don't see the popup of scratcher. I'm using iPad now. Does it need to upgrade, doesn't it?

The Billionaire
06-19-2012, 02:47 AM
Why have all the scratcher weapon stats been downgraded??

I've got a fire monster now at att 933 def 567 instead of the blazing monster?

PawnXIIX
06-19-2012, 03:49 AM

Grand prize ran out, sorry :(

CCM, will there be different items offered later on? I'm not saying i'm bored of the items already, that'd be silly, but later on when people start to populate their mobs with the same weapons over and over, do you know if there will ever be any consideration for different items?

Boom
06-19-2012, 08:40 PM
So scratchers isn't an event? It's gonna go on forever?

Behzat
06-19-2012, 10:44 PM
Dont know but i liked it rlly.The only problem is after 1 free it motivated me to buy more and i couldnt stop myself and im not sure if i can :)

masterxxx
06-20-2012, 01:22 AM
When will Androids get Scratchers?

Beardy
06-20-2012, 09:39 AM
Grand prize ran out, sorry :(

How can they 'run out'?

It's not as if they need to go make more of them is it.

DenZ1
06-20-2012, 10:12 AM

Blazing Monster was a limited time only item. It was replaced by regular Fire Monster when clock ran out. Later, I'm pretty sure they'll introduce new limited items same as for weekly gold items in Special section.

montecore
06-20-2012, 10:15 AM
I can't really give a date for unreleased content. Probably next month, but don't hold me to it.

You should note that Android players are at a criminal disadvantage until this is released, and you should have some sort of free scratchers/catch up scratchers when you do.

My low level iOS account has been averaging an item around 20/20-30/30 every day. In one month time an iOS player will have an added 600/600-900/900 attack/defense over an Android player for not spending any money.

The box from fort knox is not a replacement particularly for free players.

tower
06-20-2012, 12:48 PM
You should note that Android players are at a criminal disadvantage until this is released, and you should have some sort of free scratchers/catch up scratchers when you do.

My low level iOS account has been averaging an item around 20/20-30/30 every day. In one month time an iOS player will have an added 600/600-900/900 attack/defense over an Android player for not spending any money.

The box from fort knox is not a replacement particularly for free players.

+1 This offer REALLY helps my low level iOS account. I have to camp more with my Android, which is boring as hell and I can't seem to stick to it.

Jack Bauer 24
06-20-2012, 07:48 PM
So are the number of wins per item true on the scratchers? One of the items I won says it's been won 4 times. Is that accurate? Out of all the prizes it showed on my page only 100 items were won.

PawnXIIX
06-21-2012, 06:09 AM
How can they 'run out'?

It's not as if they need to go make more of them is it.

The timer ran out...I thought it was obvious what I meant O.o

AFed
06-21-2012, 08:43 AM
Anyone else notice the grand price today seems really weak? Feel like they switched the 4 and 6 melees...

schlumpf
06-21-2012, 12:45 PM
so the blind chicken found a grain this morning.

updated yesterday evening, today morning notices that I updated, and remembered the new event. But I was already on the subway station and net connection there is flaky (on a good day) and the app wanted to download new graphics. meh. Ok, wait 20min till I arrive at the suburban subway station where I switch to the bus to the industrial subway station, fresh air and UMTS means I can load the server data. With still half-loaded graphics clicked on "cratch somethinf for free" and got this ace with >1000 att and def stats, oin the first try. Though this was a bug at first till I kept it ;)

DenZ1
06-21-2012, 01:22 PM
so the blind chicken found a grain this morning.

updated yesterday evening, today morning notices that I updated, and remembered the new event. But I was already on the subway station and net connection there is flaky (on a good day) and the app wanted to download new graphics. meh. Ok, wait 20min till I arrive at the suburban subway station where I switch to the bus to the industrial subway station, fresh air and UMTS means I can load the server data. With still half-loaded graphics clicked on "cratch somethinf for free" and got this ace with >1000 att and def stats, oin the first try. Though this was a bug at first till I kept it ;)

Congrats man! Good analogy :) I just got 3 of knuckles. 47/40 but nothing even resembles your prize.

Belle83
06-22-2012, 12:22 AM
I think it sucks that iphone gets events such as create opening and scratchers before android. What makes tgem so special? Gives the iphone users an advantage on game play. I have android and my partner has iphone, he has scratcher and has won weapons and a million dollars he also has his events start a day before they start on my phone. Whats the go?

montecore
06-22-2012, 10:43 AM
I think it sucks that iphone gets events such as create opening and scratchers before android. What makes tgem so special? Gives the iphone users an advantage on game play. I have android and my partner has iphone, he has scratcher and has won weapons and a million dollars he also has his events start a day before they start on my phone. Whats the go?

I agree, if they don't start giving free scratchers (along with catch up scratchers for each day they've been giving them to the iOS people) there won't even be a point in playing on Android anymore.

My iOS turtle account got another 46/45 piece today. If every iOS player's stats are going up by that amount daily, how can an Android player compete?

Spartacus
06-24-2012, 06:50 AM
Great FAQ Crime City Mark!

Neonjoe
06-24-2012, 10:25 PM

Why is Android always shafted?

Spartacus
06-25-2012, 04:33 AM
Wait a second, doesn't Android have a completely different server from iOS players? If so, how does an iOS player receiving a great weapon affect Android players?

enahs1
06-25-2012, 04:42 AM
If it did affect Androids, they better watch out... My camping account got two panther blades two days in a row 124/100.

Neonjoe
06-25-2012, 07:04 AM
I used to attack people with event items before events ever came to Android, meaning you can fight people inter-platform regardless of how the servers are set up. Android players were behind a long time because of our lack of event items. No consolation has ever been made for us, which is likely how the scratchers will go as well. For once can we get content at the same time, or use us as the developing platform?

tower
06-25-2012, 10:46 AM
Wait a second, doesn't Android have a completely different server from iOS players?

negative

added text for stupid 10 character post rule

Joe Crime
06-25-2012, 04:30 PM
These scraters arent showing up for me... Help pleaee...

MeanOne
06-26-2012, 05:22 PM
Is there a reason I don't get the scratcher tickets? I play every day but have never gotten one.

NTM
06-27-2012, 02:46 AM
any news about Scratchers on Android ???

i got Android and Iphone.. so that realy unfai for ANdroid players.. i got more 200 atk/def on Iphone on low account and for FREE...... on android nothing u need to pay for keep the same stats like Iphone players...

there is a chance to have on Android or not ? or android players are just a player who pay more ? not normal.. Apple ok they can pay more, they ae rich but on Android we are poor :) that what u read on web lol!

Bala82
06-27-2012, 02:58 AM
Read comment 8 in this topic NTM?

NTM
06-27-2012, 09:56 AM
Read comment 8 in this topic NTM?

yup just now.. lol.. sry.. don't have see last time.... many thread for scracther :p

anyway ty for info ;)

Bala82
06-27-2012, 10:16 AM
Your welcome i know this fourm is crazy too many people posting so much stuff you would think none of us have lives outside of this game with the amount of topics posted daily.

balax
07-20-2012, 04:03 AM
for Android users:

SCRATCHERS ARE HERE

but
look carefully what u won and what u should win
i am afraid there is bug there
Scratchers payout table says for RP: 375 but i got only 300
same with money 10000 instead of 15000
same with guns, melee, vehicle
i got equipment having smaller stats than they should

DoughBoy
07-20-2012, 05:49 AM
This is now live for Android!

Players will get one free scratcher a day. The new scratcher will be given to them the first time they login after midnight.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Cool beans! Thanks for the announcement .

Android folks, don't forget to update the game so you can start scratching.

Bala82
07-21-2012, 02:49 AM
Also remember force close the app whenever you wake up or you might not get scratchers :)

masterxxx
07-21-2012, 03:02 AM
for Android users:

SCRATCHERS ARE HERE

but
look carefully what u won and what u should win
i am afraid there is bug there
Scratchers payout table says for RP: 375 but i got only 300
same with money 10000 instead of 15000
same with guns, melee, vehicle
i got equipment having smaller stats than they should

Same here.
I'm level 107 and play on Android.
I got two cars (one yesterday and one today) and both have 30% weaker stats then they should.
WTF
:mad:

Bala82
07-21-2012, 03:14 AM
This is first version on Android you need wait for next update with these bugs getting fixed. It's better than not having them so who cares.

DoughBoy
07-21-2012, 04:18 AM
Also remember force close the app whenever you wake up or you might not get scratchers :)

Right! I didn't get my Scratcher this morning and had a fit for a moment until I realized duh I needed to close the program.

masterxxx
07-21-2012, 06:26 AM

They should be given to you automatically like if someone robes you or when you get new goals.
And maybe best solution is that we have timer like for event.
It would be much better than having to close app to get them.

DoughBoy
07-21-2012, 08:12 AM
They should be given to you automatically like if someone robes you or when you get new goals.
And maybe best solution is that we have timer like for event.
It would be much better than having to close app to get them.

Yep but you don't need a timer. You get a new scratcher 12 midnight Funzio time which I think is Western US standard time.

Bala82
07-22-2012, 08:23 AM
Do you get better Scratcher prizes depending on your level like in the event ?

If so does any have the level range?

Mika.Droid
07-22-2012, 11:17 AM
This is best event where I've won something both times. Will there be another chance just like this?

Bala82
07-22-2012, 11:49 AM
Every day at midnight :)

DoughBoy
07-23-2012, 05:57 AM
Every day at midnight :)

And you can spend gold ... of course ... to play more than once a day.

sexkitteh
07-23-2012, 08:31 AM
The only thing that sucks right now (for android anyways) is that the payout isn't right... someone made a thread of this... hopefully they fix it. I got for instance the Getaway Runner 14/25 and it's suppose to be Getaway Runner 21/37

Oh well... hope they fix it...

psxnitro
07-23-2012, 02:41 PM
The only thing that sucks right now (for android anyways) is that the payout isn't right... someone made a thread of this... hopefully they fix it. I got for instance the Getaway Runner 14/25 and it's suppose to be Getaway Runner 21/37

Oh well... hope they fix it...

I guess the android version is still in beta, My level 4 camper account got 100k instead of 150k cash, same with the RP, I got 250 instead of 375. Can't complain though, cash really helps towards building my first MT, now if I can just get those last 8 mafia I need to build it...

Uiltje
07-24-2012, 06:46 AM
Hello all,

Im trying to upgrade Crime City but when I want to install I'm getting an error saying that it can't install in the standard location, please someone help me out.

Bala82
07-24-2012, 06:56 AM
Yeah just wait next update some update create this problem so just keep it as is wait for next version to come out which should be every month.

td2
07-24-2012, 03:03 PM
Must not be available on the Fire version?

mihunter62
07-25-2012, 08:56 AM
For the error on standard version install:
Did you attempt to uninstall the version first, I had a problem where it would not install until I actually went into setting/Programs and uninstalled CC
Then went back to Google and did an install.

The issue I'm having right now is that there are areas that give a message "failed to load area". In the previous version, you could just go and delete the map file and it would download again.

If anyone has info about the .xml files/map files to see if I can resolve that issue, probably is happening on about 8 levels as of now. Every once in a while I'll attempt to go back to one of those levels and it will load, so down from about 12 now.
(just as I was writting this message, tested one of those levels and it loaded this time, so maybe the best thing to do for others is just keep trying to go to those levels until they load)

balax
07-26-2012, 03:36 AM
NEW UPDATE FOR ANDROID USERS:
say: new scratchers
i hope they fixed the bugs

Bala82
07-26-2012, 03:43 AM
Let us know if they have ?

balax
07-26-2012, 05:32 AM
i think that they are ok now

Bala82
07-26-2012, 06:24 AM
Wait tomorrow to see ?

Auxilium
07-26-2012, 10:22 AM
I'm on IOS but i'm wondering what the "scratch all" function is. How many do i get to scratch and after what period do i get new scratchers again?

Bala82
07-27-2012, 10:04 AM
i think that they are ok now

Well i don't know about you but today it keep on crashing or respond slow, never had a problem with the previous version :(.

jsilknsmoove
07-27-2012, 06:19 PM
I was looking for folks to rob and came across someone building multiple buildings at once. How do you do that?

Bala82
07-28-2012, 09:13 AM
Modern war is now avaliable for Android -i have install it

Deno - Can you direct me to guide for this game since none in sticky section of modern war ?

joaquim
07-28-2012, 09:17 AM
Modern war is now avaliable for Android -i have install it

Deno - Can you direct me to guide for this game since none in sticky section of modern war ?

It's the MW FAQs that's stickied.

Bala82
07-31-2012, 09:24 AM
New version available