PDA

View Full Version : Timers?

Swearengen
06-18-2012, 01:21 PM
So does everyone else’s building timers actually vary? For ex I may have four 12 hrs next to one another, collect them but when it rolls around to collect again, they might be like 3-4 minutes difference between bldgs…

Dr BoneCrusher
06-18-2012, 01:25 PM
Not for me never more then time it takes me to collect them.

SukhKnight
06-18-2012, 01:25 PM
My hood is optimized to pack in as many buildings as possible, I'd rather have more income than a neat hood at this early stage in the game :)

iteachem
06-18-2012, 01:26 PM
I can never keep everything completely synced. Right now my 12s are out of sync with my 24s by about 30 minutes and my 48s are somewhere in the middle. But everything is within an hour window so not too bad.

sexkitteh
06-18-2012, 01:27 PM
yeah happens once in a while... the worst is when my building doesn't reset when I close after collecting, and I log back in to collect and the timer is a beginning :/

G Wiz
06-18-2012, 01:29 PM
My hood is optimized to pack in as many buildings as possible, I'd rather have more income than a neat hood at this early stage in the game :)I remember this mentality...nowadays I am more concerned with how my hood looks.

But to the OP, yes, every now and then I would get a slight variance in building timers.

Swearengen
06-18-2012, 01:30 PM
yeah happens once in a while... the worst is when my building doesn't reset when I close after collecting, and I log back in to collect and the timer is a beginning :/

Hmmm... Some of mine are on the money, but some even if I collect them within in seconds of each other they end up being like 2-3 minutes off

koralene
06-18-2012, 01:32 PM
aghhh... my timers get messed up all the time. i either forget to collect, too busy or fall asleep. i am constantly having to change them.

Swearengen
06-18-2012, 01:37 PM
I remember this mentality...nowadays I am more concerned with how my hood looks.

But to the OP, yes, every now and then I would get a slight variance in building timers.

Funny you say that, I have been in the pack my hood mentality to increase my econ, but I am thinking of selling some of those early lvl crapp bldgs and doing some decorating!

SukhKnight
06-18-2012, 01:48 PM
I remember this mentality...nowadays I am more concerned with how my hood looks.

Well don't get me wrong, I do pride myself on how neat my hood is, buildings are paired and packed, but I dont plan to do too much decorating while I'm still trying to boost my income (have just built 1st of 2 lofts, and am quite excited lol)

dudeman
06-18-2012, 01:54 PM
I'm not sure if this is what you're talking about, but I think it's pretty whack so I'll share anyways.

I have only one 1hr building that I use for events. I wait until I have a box ready, collect the building and immediately open the box. The time it takes from making the collection to choosing the cash option is so short that the $22k hasn't even finished tallying on the cash bar in the HUD. One hour later, if I collect the building the second it becomes available I still have at least 10 seconds left on the event timer. If I do that six times in a row my 1hr building becomes ready to collect a full minute or longer before I have a box ready to open.

I don't know if this is a glitch with the building timer, or a programming fcuk up with the event timer, but regardless, it's an obvious and noticeable difference. One of the 1hr timers is off, either 10 seconds slow or 10 seconds fast, or they are both inaccurate at +5 seconds/hr and -5 seconds/hr.

beaux
06-18-2012, 02:02 PM
I'm using that Timer++ that I can't remember who recommended on the Forum and it works pretty well. Keep all my buildings and even the event which I run at 59 minutes. I keep it all on my Iphone and play the game on the ipad. once in a while it may get off a bit but, not more than a few seconds and usually its fast so I get there a little ahead of time.

sexkitteh
06-19-2012, 09:35 AM
I just realized that my timers go out of sync when I'm moving buildings around... do you do this often?

put my timers off by about 30-40seconds...