PDA

View Full Version : Regarding the Tire Event

Crime City Mark
06-18-2012, 01:20 PM
I spoke to our Product team today, and one of the PMs wrote this out:

"Big apologies to our players with the latest bonus items.

I would like to assure our players that the % bonus attack from vehicle items is working and being calculated properly when fighting other players.

Due to some technical design/limitations we were not readily able to display the bonus attack values.

We're working on fixing this issue specifically and overall aiming to be more transparent about displaying these item bonuses in the future. "

Please understand that there is information that we are just not fully comfortable sharing, but we'll get out what information we can.

xXSycoXx
06-18-2012, 01:26 PM
Thanks for the update Mark

Looking forward to seeing my actual attack score so i no when picking rivals if i should win or not
Hopefully not to long to sort it out

Illuminati
06-18-2012, 01:28 PM

I would like to assure our players that the % bonus attack from vehicle items is working and being calculated properly when fighting other players.

Due to some technical design/limitations we were not readily able to display the bonus attack values.

We're working on fixing this issue specifically and overall aiming to be more transparent about displaying these item bonuses in the future. "

Please understand that there is information that we are just not fully comfortable sharing, but we'll get out what information we can.

Saying that they are aiming to be more "transparent" while at the same time saying there is information they're not "comfortable" sharing seems a bit contradictory no? Why even make a statement about uncomfortable information if the product team has no intention of sharing it with the player base? That only raises more suspicion and lack of credibility on the part of Funzio if you ask me.

For example, the ongoing debate about what +attack does, if anything. Mark, if I recall correctly, you said something to the effect of we're not comfortable sharing exactly what it does. Care to explain WHY?? How do you offer skill points and items in a game with a particular stat without giving the players ANY information on what it does exactly? Same goes with +defense skills. If a player wanted to develop a "strategy" in this game, if there is even such a thing, shouldn't a player be able to make an informed decision as to where they want to spend their skills points?

koralene
06-18-2012, 01:33 PM
thank you for the update :)

Ramshutu
06-18-2012, 01:37 PM
Sharing why they can't do it may give away key details about how the core framework works. I wouldn't like to give details like that away. It's part of the core IP.

Crime City Mark
06-18-2012, 01:38 PM
Saying that they are aiming to be more "transparent" while at the same time saying there is information they're not "comfortable" sharing seems a bit contradictory no?

Not all all. Going from 10% transparent to 50% transparent is still more, without being all.

Dr BoneCrusher
06-18-2012, 01:38 PM
CCMark can't please all the people all the time but in a game of numbers we do like to see them rise

Rhino72
06-18-2012, 01:49 PM

Thanks for the update CCM. Does this mean they are working on fixing this issue for this specific item and for items in the future or only for items in the future? I am still not really sure if what you posted means we will eventually see the 20% increase in our profile attack score for vehicles.

nopenopenope
06-18-2012, 01:52 PM
Not all all. Going from 10% transparent to 50% transparent is still more, without being all.

lol...I'll speculate that those percentages were facetious, but it gave me a small chuckle nonetheless... :)

Caleb
06-18-2012, 01:54 PM
Thanks for pursuing this with the development team, CC Mark.

Babytway
06-18-2012, 02:03 PM
The forum speaks and CC Mark does listen gave you an update and some are still not happy what is wrong with some of you people.

Crime City Mark
06-18-2012, 02:06 PM
Does this mean they are working on fixing this issue for this specific item and for items in the future?

Yes, that is exactly what it means. (I know I totally edited your quote.)

Crime City Mark
06-18-2012, 02:06 PM
lol...I'll speculate that those percentages were facetious, but it gave me a small chuckle nonetheless... :)

Yeah, completely made up numbers there.

Rhino72
06-18-2012, 02:07 PM
Yes, that is exactly what it means. (I know I totally edited your quote.)

Excellent CCM, your answer now qualifies as 100% transparent ;)

tower
06-18-2012, 02:23 PM
The forum speaks and CC Mark does listen gave you an update and some are still not happy what is wrong with some of you people.

What they don't realize is that this is a business for Funzio. There are certain people here that seem to have difficulty seperating this game from real life so they will never be happy because any small hiccup in the mix is almost a major life decision for them. It's just a game folks, and you are 1 out of (insert player count X 3 games here) players.

The vocal minority only works in media and government, the rest of the world should tell you to suck it up.

If you read the point in CC Mark's post you'll see that the game wasn't originally designed to take on this extra feature. For the sake of business and in the interest of making money, they decided to create the new items and worry about displaying their stats later.

When they program it they would simply create a new class of equipment object, inherit the properties of the base class, and add a new property to it such as 20% increase in attack. On the other hand, editing the base class is a much larger endevour especially when you have so many people and platforms to test on. That, and now that they are owned by gree I'm certain they are bound by new rules that prevent an "on the fly" update.

Everyone in here seems to think that this game was created by magic and that the fairies are simply not doing their jobs if they don't get the answer they want. Anyone that has worked in a large dev shop or IT group, especially one that answers to investors and Board of Directors, would be able to tell you it's simply not that easy. In some cases it's darn near impossible to make a change in a reasonable amount of time.

AppleMacGuy
06-18-2012, 02:42 PM
Thanks for the update...sounds like a positive outcome will transpire in that we will get some visibility in the stats...eventually!

outbackhat
06-18-2012, 04:07 PM
Thanks for update, I agree it will be good to know my accurate numbers before I go on a hunt.

Sandukan
06-18-2012, 04:31 PM
What they don't realize is that this is a business for Funzio. There are certain people here that seem to have difficulty seperating this game from real life so they will never be happy because any small hiccup in the mix is almost a major life decision for them. It's just a game folks, and you are 1 out of (insert player count X 3 games here) players.

The vocal minority only works in media and government, the rest of the world should tell you to suck it up.

If you read the point in CC Mark's post you'll see that the game wasn't originally designed to take on this extra feature. For the sake of business and in the interest of making money, they decided to create the new items and worry about displaying their stats later.

When they program it they would simply create a new class of equipment object, inherit the properties of the base class, and add a new property to it such as 20% increase in attack. On the other hand, editing the base class is a much larger endevour especially when you have so many people and platforms to test on. That, and now that they are owned by gree I'm certain they are bound by new rules that prevent an "on the fly" update.

Everyone in here seems to think that this game was created by magic and that the fairies are simply not doing their jobs if they don't get the answer they want. Anyone that has worked in a large dev shop or IT group, especially one that answers to investors and Board of Directors, would be able to tell you it's simply not that easy. In some cases it's darn near impossible to make a change in a reasonable amount of time.

All good and well but no one held them up at gun point and said make a prize that would include something that is not trivial to implement and roll it out before you can actually show that it works.

tower
06-18-2012, 04:49 PM
All good and well but no one held them up at gun point and said make a prize that would include something that is not trivial to implement and roll it out before you can actually show that it works.

So does the vocal minority all agree that it's better to not have the equipment at all then?

I'm sure the people that won would not agree with that, even with all the self-pity they feel the need to push on the forum.

You people are unbelievable. There's no conspiracy theory here, I'm sure the weapon works just fine. Also, I'm certain a little math can get you the stats you want. 20% of a number that you can count in your inventory...doesn't take Stephen Hawking to add that one up.

Eyelusion
06-18-2012, 04:58 PM
So does the vocal minority all agree that it's better to not have the equipment at all then?

I'm sure the people that won would not agree with that, even with all the self-pity they feel the need to push on the forum.

You people are unbelievable. There's no conspiracy theory here, I'm sure the weapon works just fine. Also, I'm certain a little math can get you the stats you want. 20% of a number that you can count in your inventory...doesn't take Stephen Hawking to add that one up.

Blasphemy!

Sandukan
06-18-2012, 05:01 PM

I don't have the car.
Would have loved to have "won" it.
My only concern was with your logic sequence.
This was not an uncontrollable situation. Nevertheless we can all agree it comes with the territory (games and coding). Even the Microsoft empire sends out whole operating systems that don't come close to their advertised specs.

CCM made his statement and I thought it was honest and straight forward.
No gripe from me in regards to that.

617Pats
06-18-2012, 05:13 PM

I agree. Funzio and CC Mark are doing a much better job at listening to the forum. I remember the time when there was no responses and just pure speculation on certain things. Some people are just never satisfied.

Dangerous Greg
06-18-2012, 08:50 PM
Thanks CC Mark! I know (or at least understand) that there is a need to keep some of the underpinnings secret. I don't have a problem with that. As a player, I do use the stats to guide a decision to attack a rival or hood. Really, this is a fundamental aspect of the game! I applaud you for the update and hope the criticisms don't prevent you from being as transparent as you can be without risking the very game you are supporting.

Davis16
06-18-2012, 09:18 PM
For those who got the 10th tire, although I can't see the increase on my profile page, it looks like it does appear in the in the goals. Under the hellraiser goal my attack shows almost 900 more. When I added a Yamaha bike my profile attack went up 12 and my hellraiser goal went up 14.

doinkent
06-18-2012, 11:13 PM
cant believe the fuss. you cant win with some of you people

Bea
06-19-2012, 09:38 AM
cant believe the fuss. you cant win with some of you people

I do understand the fuss, we know the issue with defense building upgrades and no fix, so it wouldn't be a surprise if this didn't work either.

But from what Davis16 says (@Davis16 great first post btw), there is a way to sometimes see the increase, although I always seemed to skip the attack score goals and now they're finished for me anyway.

Can anyone else confirm they see the increase through the attack goal?