PDA

View Full Version : Another thread about Mafia size

Sasha54
06-18-2012, 12:24 PM
OK - I do know there are many threads on this and I have been doing some research but going to ask again.

I was keeping my mafia below my maximum allowed in order to make sure I was fully equipped - so I was increasing slowly.
Last week I increased quite a bit and it didn't affect me too much in that I wasn't getting attacked or robbed more even though my vehicles are lacking and I don't have a vehicle for every mafia.

So I am thinking of decreasing down to the level of the number of vehicles and then increasing back up as I get better equipped.

I know that some of you have played with the bracketolligy (hmm that doesn't look like a word) - anyone just wondered if anyone has any insight about the best reasons to keep a fairly low mob - I'm saying in the range of 250 or so. I know that will increase my A/D per mafia number - is that a more critical number?

sexkitteh
06-18-2012, 12:29 PM
Well your logic is not making sense to me anyways...

If you have 500 chain whips but 20 cars... you aren't going to drop your mafia to 20 :/

You focus too much on cars... focus on players around you and your level... if you bump into 1 guy with higher stats than you... then whatever... if everyone around you has higher stats... then drop 50 mafia and check what your competition is like... or 25 mafia even... and just keep dropping till you feel comfortable..

Sasha54
06-18-2012, 12:33 PM
Thanks for the input - but not what I'm looking for

i'm looking for feedback from some of the higher level players who have experimented with increasing and decreasing their mobs..........

sexkitteh
06-18-2012, 12:35 PM
Thanks for the input - but not what I'm looking for

i'm looking for feedback from some of the higher level players who have experimented with increasing and decreasing their mobs..........

oookiedokie...

Sandukan
06-18-2012, 12:36 PM
You lose fights with sub-optimum mafia size (below 5x level) it seems.

Edit: Just saw that you said high level players. Ignore statement above.

Sasha54
06-18-2012, 12:40 PM
You lose fights with sub-optimum mafia size (below 5x level) it seems.

Edit: Just saw that you said high level players. Ignore statement above.

you might be right......and I think you have a smaller pool to see on your rival list. Hence robbery pickings are slim - I think that from what someone told me and that is why I decided to increase quite a bit. However my pickings are still slim - I have useless hoods to rob from......

Swingle007
06-18-2012, 12:43 PM
I'm at lvl 182 currently and went down to 100 mafia a few weeks ago just to check it out for the first time. I got bored within a a day or so as there was so little action. Raised myself up to like 220 mafia and found a lot more people I could rob who had great buildings, and also got myself up to an attack # I felt comfortable with when compared to others at that mafia size. My advice would be to drop like 25-50 mafia members at a time and then stop and look around at the people you'd be against at that point. If it looks safe and still profitable then stay there. If not, drop another 25-50 and repeat the process. Eventually you will get to a level you can be very competitive at while significantly decreasing being hit by people with a ton more attack then you can easily defend. You might be a player in the top 10% of your mafia level once you drop, versus possibly having like 70% of people being more powerful then you where you sit currently. The trick is to find that mafia size that works well with you current inventory, and you will certainly find it if you do what I said above. I definitely advise people who aren't huge gold spenders to consider dropping down and seeing how it fits. I can drop like 40% of my mafia and only lose like 20% of my attack stats at this point as I don't have 500 amazing items to outfit a full mafia with. Not much point in running 500 if you aren't prepared to fully equip them all so I may drop back down very soon as well. A month or two spent down there building money and respect does a lot of good. A lot of friends I have on here really enjoy the game a lot more playing with a substantially decreased mafia size. Keep us posted on how it goes once you take the plunge. ;-)

sexkitteh
06-18-2012, 12:44 PM
I'm at lvl 182 currently and went down to 100 mafia a few weeks ago just to check it out for the first time. I got bored within a a day or so as there was so little action. Raised myself up to like 220 mafia and found a lot more people I could rob who had great buildings, and also got myself up to an attack # I felt comfortable with when compared to others at that mafia size. My advice would be to drop like 25-50 mafia members at a time and then stop and look around at the people you'd be against at that point. If it looks safe and still profitable then stay there. If not, drop another 50 and repeat the process. Eventually you will get to a level you can be very competitive at and stop being hit by people with a ton more attack then you can easily defend. You might be a player in the top 10% of your mafia level once you drop, versus possibly having like 70% of people being more powerful then you where you sit currently. The trick is to find that mafia size that works well with you current inventory, and you will certainly find it if you do what I said above. I definitely advise people who aren't huge gold spenders to consider dropping down and seeing how it fits. A lot of friends I have on here really enjoy the game a lot more playing with a substantially decreased mafia size. Keep us posted on how it goes once you take the plunge. ;-)

Yeah I told her this but she thinks your strategy is crap :(

Ignorance is... ignorance I guess...

Carlos,
06-18-2012, 12:48 PM
Allow me to sneak in a question related to your post. Does level have anything to do with the bracket system? Right now I have about 300 mafia at level 121. Could I drop down to 50 Mafia and not have overpowered players attacking me? I really can't see any player at level 120 having less than 50 mafia because Funzio always finds a way to give you henchmen.

I guess what I'm really asking is, does level affect which people see me? I'm fine with having level 120 players with 50 mafia beat on me if I have 50 mafia but not fine with level 120 people beat on me if they have 300 mafia while I have 50.

sexkitteh
06-18-2012, 12:49 PM
You can have any number of mafia... you can request to Funzio to be dropped to 1 if you'd like.

And no you can only see people with around the same mafia as you.

So if you have 50 mafia a 300 mafia technically won't see you.

The only thing I've heard about is if you have really nice buildings that are in need of collection and you have a boat load of cash sitting out and you have crazy attack defense at lvl 50 for instance... the other player may quickly ADD 300 mafia and attack you that one time... because he will bring a ridiculous amount of people to the fight and you can't do nothing...

Swingle007
06-18-2012, 12:51 PM
I asked funzio to remove all my henchman so I could control my mafia fully. They did so within 24 hrs. ;-)

Sasha54
06-18-2012, 12:53 PM
I'm at lvl 182 currently and went down to 100 mafia a few weeks ago just to check it out for the first time. I got bored within a a day or so as there was so little action. Raised myself up to like 220 mafia and found a lot more people I could rob who had great buildings, and also got myself up to an attack # I felt comfortable with when compared to others at that mafia size. My advice would be to drop like 25-50 mafia members at a time and then stop and look around at the people you'd be against at that point. If it looks safe and still profitable then stay there. If not, drop another 25-50 and repeat the process. Eventually you will get to a level you can be very competitive at while significantly decreasing being hit by people with a ton more attack then you can easily defend. You might be a player in the top 10% of your mafia level once you drop, versus possibly having like 70% of people being more powerful then you where you sit currently. The trick is to find that mafia size that works well with you current inventory, and you will certainly find it if you do what I said above. I definitely advise people who aren't huge gold spenders to consider dropping down and seeing how it fits. I can drop like 40% of my mafia and only lose like 20% of my attack stats at this point as I don't have 500 amazing items to outfit a full mafia with. Not much point of running 500 if you aren't prepared to fully equip them all so I may drop back down very soon as well. A month or two spent down there building money and respect does a lot of good. A lot of friends I have on here really enjoy the game a lot more playing with a substantially decreased mafia size. Keep us posted on how it goes once you take the plunge. ;-)

Thanks for the well written and succint answer - just what I was looking for.
I know a few others who have done this - some went back up - some didn't - but I think I am in the same boat as you where I don't have the amazing items that a lot of others do.

I am holding my own pretty well and if I pick my fights carefully I can get thru my TL goals pretty easy.

But I am going to drop and see and determine where my sweet spot is in terms of being able to defend better against robberies.

thanks

Sandukan
06-18-2012, 12:53 PM
I'm at lvl 182 currently and went down to 100 mafia a few weeks ago just to check it out for the first time. I got bored within a a day or so as there was so little action. Raised myself up to like 220 mafia and found a lot more people I could rob who had great buildings, and also got myself up to an attack # I felt comfortable with when compared to others at that mafia size. My advice would be to drop like 25-50 mafia members at a time and then stop and look around at the people you'd be against at that point. If it looks safe and still profitable then stay there. If not, drop another 25-50 and repeat the process. Eventually you will get to a level you can be very competitive at while significantly decreasing being hit by people with a ton more attack then you can easily defend. You might be a player in the top 10% of your mafia level once you drop, versus possibly having like 70% of people being more powerful then you where you sit currently. The trick is to find that mafia size that works well with you current inventory, and you will certainly find it if you do what I said above. I definitely advise people who aren't huge gold spenders to consider dropping down and seeing how it fits. A lot of friends I have on here really enjoy the game a lot more playing with a substantially decreased mafia size. Keep us posted on how it goes once you take the plunge. ;-)

It seems based on this strategy that mafia size has a huge impact on who you see (or more importantly sometimes who sees you). My rival list is filled with people of my level with a wide disparity in mafia size.

sexkitteh
06-18-2012, 12:54 PM
Thanks for the well written and succint answer - just what I was looking for.
I know a few others who have done this - some went back up - some didn't - but I think I am in the same boat as you where I don't have the amazing items that a lot of others do.

I am holding my own pretty well and if I pick my fights carefully I can get thru my TL goals pretty easy.

But I am going to drop and see and determine where my sweet spot is in terms of being able to defend better against robberies.

thanks

remember if you drop mafia - you can't do TL goals...

Sasha54
06-18-2012, 12:54 PM
I asked funzio to remove all my henchman so I could control my mafia fully. They did so within 24 hrs. ;-)

good idea - forgot about those guys.
I'll do that.........

nopenopenope
06-18-2012, 12:57 PM
remember if you drop mafia - you can't do TL goals...

You can, the inconsistencies of the Rivals List allows that to happen...

sexkitteh
06-18-2012, 12:59 PM
You can, the inconsistencies of the Rivals List allows that to happen...

If you drop to 200 I can't imagine many 500 size mafias appear on your rivals and that you can beat as well :/

koralene
06-18-2012, 01:03 PM
why would you want to get rid of your henchmen? i would prefer to have 450 henchmen and only space for 50 mafia... then i can attack everybody :p if the henchmen was cheaper, i would be 350 of them. lol

Carlos,
06-18-2012, 01:13 PM
You can have any number of mafia... you can request to Funzio to be dropped to 1 if you'd like.

The only thing I've heard about is if you have really nice buildings that are in need of collection and you have a boat load of cash sitting out and you have crazy attack defense at lvl 50 for instance... the other player may quickly ADD 300 mafia and attack you that one time... because he will bring a ridiculous amount of people to the fight and you can't do nothing...

So the short answer is No, level doesn't have influence on who sees you as a rival? Thanks Kitteh

nopenopenope
06-18-2012, 01:14 PM
If you drop to 200 I can't imagine many 500 size mafias appear on your rivals and that you can beat as well :/

Even at level 200 players with sub-10k A/D totals can be found, so if you're equipping the best items possible, you can still be competitive against 500 mobs. Efforts to refresh the RL become the limiting factor.

nopenopenope
06-18-2012, 01:18 PM

You're only half right because you're speaking from a position without hitting the level cap yet...

After level 100 you could have 10 mob and still see RL fluctuations to 500 and anything in between. Until 100 its maxed at bracket limit.

sexkitteh
06-18-2012, 01:20 PM
You're only half right because you're speaking from a position without hitting the level cap yet...

After level 100 you could have 10 mob and still see RL fluctuations to 500 and anything in between. Until 100 its maxed at bracket limit.

jeeez... can a 500 mafia see you at 10 then???

nopenopenope
06-18-2012, 01:23 PM
jeeez... can a 500 mafia see you at 10 then???

If they are +/- 1, RL glitches always make it possible, but very infrequent. It's mainly effective the other way around.

Have you never seen the RL show a very low mafia list at random? it usually only lasts a few hood visits before refreshing itself but many others and I take advantage whenever possible as there are good camped hoods down there.

Joe Brown1
06-18-2012, 01:26 PM
so are we arguing over whether the old saying "Its not the size of your mafia but how you use it" is correct or not?;)

Sandukan
06-18-2012, 01:30 PM
so are we arguing over whether the old saying "Its not the size of your mafia but how you use it" is correct or not?;)

Yeah the ladies are contemplating if size matters. Anxious to see how it goes down on this one.

nopenopenope
06-18-2012, 01:31 PM

Spot on, as old a saying as Yosemite Sam mudflaps.

Swingle007
06-18-2012, 01:53 PM
why would you want to get rid of your henchmen? i would prefer to have 450 henchmen and only space for 50 mafia... then i can attack everybody :p if the henchmen was cheaper, i would be 350 of them. lol

I did it to drop down to just one person in my mafia (me!) to see what it was like at the very bottom. I then used the VIP thing to let 500 friend requests build up. I then added as I saw fit to try out different levels until I got back to 500 again ultimately. I figured if I was going to run a test I wanted to be able to do so as thoroughly as possible, and having 81 henchman in my crew didn't let me get down as far as I wanted.

BDouble
06-18-2012, 03:48 PM
i have 199 and i am really struggling to find any players with 440 or more to attack for my next TL goal.

Steve0
06-18-2012, 05:09 PM
I droped to 273 its great I can hit 500 and go down to 100. I even no banked for 3 days with no succesfull attacks or robs. I say play with your bracket and find whats good for you. I will be working on my 2nd NC

psxnitro
06-18-2012, 05:10 PM
I'm level 45 with A-5k/D-6k with 600 mafia, and 8k ROI. Do I need to drop it down to 225, which is the number I see in my rivals list? or do I drop it to the amount of cars I have, which is 109? Cause I'm being forced to bank my earnings every time I collect cause of attacks from people that seems to have endless gold resources...

Btw, been camping at my level for a while now. Just built two MT and DR after selling off some buildings, and using up a chunk of my banked money. Since I'm not robbing to keep my level, My constant stream of easy money and respect is gone... Should I continue to camp, or it might be better to make a new profile and start from scratch with all the knowledge I've gained?

7rs60
06-18-2012, 05:16 PM
I'm level 69 with 253 mafia. Lately it seems that when I look at the rivals list, all around me are familiar faces, worn out places, worn out faces, bright and early for their daily races, going nowhere, going nowhere. And I find it kinda funny, I find it kinda sad.

jmeijer
06-18-2012, 05:21 PM
I dropped to 275 a few months ago, and in my case the amount of successful attacks and robs against me went down to zero. People with 500 mafia can't see me, but I can see them and I can attack or rob them. Most people at 500 mafia are weaker than I am with 332 mafia. The last person who has sucessfully robbed me is Fig Oni, and that is over 2 weeks ago.

The amount of mafia members has increased to 332, because I needed 300 mafia members for a NC, henchmen have been given to me and I added forum members to my mob.

I think that you must consider how many times you get attacked/robbed and lost.

iteachem
06-18-2012, 05:36 PM
I'm level 69 with 253 mafia. Lately it seems that when I look at the rivals list, all around me are familiar faces, worn out places, worn out faces, bright and early for their daily races, going nowhere, going nowhere. And I find it kinda funny, I find it kinda sad.

Love that song... Which version do you prefer

The dreams in which i am dying are the best I ever had

jmeijer
06-18-2012, 05:38 PM
It sure is a mad world you guys..

iteachem
06-18-2012, 05:40 PM
It sure is a mad world you guys..

Hello teacher what's my lesson

Dangerous Greg
06-18-2012, 09:02 PM
Love this thread! Kudos for giving me the best read of the day. You know, there's no tomorrow, no tomorrow......

Sasha54
06-19-2012, 05:46 AM
I dropped to 275 a few months ago, and in my case the amount of successful attacks and robs against me went down to zero. People with 500 mafia can't see me, but I can see them and I can attack or rob them. Most people at 500 mafia are weaker than I am with 332 mafia. The last person who has sucessfully robbed me is Fig Oni, and that is over 2 weeks ago.

The amount of mafia members has increased to 332, because I needed 300 mafia members for a NC, henchmen have been given to me and I added forum members to my mob.

I think that you must consider how many times you get attacked/robbed and lost.

Yes - I am dropping slowly to see how it affects me - and so will experiment till I get the right balance.