PDA

View Full Version : How have you allocated your respect points to this point?

Swingle007
06-18-2012, 08:36 AM
Just wondered how everybody else has spent their points so far. I put pen to paper for a few min to jot down what decisions I made along the way. Thought it might be interesting to see the difference in the choices people have made, and also what decisions they regret. I for one wish I'd laid off buying of all the tommy guns and Colombian knives early on. I was so gung ho in my early lvls trying to keep pace with others, that I missed an opportunity to just sit back and stockpile my respect points to allow the purchasing of better items later on. Wasn't sure where to stop buying sawn offs, and may have bought too many of those as well (still not sure about that).

Guns: tommy gun x 106 / sawn off shotguns x 203 / rpg x110
Melee: columbian knife x 133 / serrated blade x 43 / chain whip x 171
Armor: night vision goggles x 282 / full combat gear x 36
Vehicles: Yamaha race bike x 156 / exelero x 100

I was initially planning on spending points to get up to like 400 on some of these items, but now I'm thinking that might be too high. Seeing as powerful crate, scratcher, and event items are really starting to pile up quickly it might be best to just stop at 275 to 300 on things like rpg's, chain whips, and exeleros and just stockpile future points. I've spoken to a few people who get no benefit at all from respect points now, so it seems like Funzio really needs to add some higher cost respect items with huge numbers.

Hope some people will chime in and share their totals in order to help myself and others make more intelligent choices. The game seems to change so often now (with event items making cars now having 20% more attack etc) that we really need to adapt on the fly.

sexkitteh
06-18-2012, 08:39 AM
I've got 85x chainwhips 101x nvb

and I got the free items: 1 tommy gun, 4 sawn off, 4 RPG, 1 needs level 70 armor??, 3 yamaha, 4 exelero, 3 colombian, 1 serrated blade

I plan on getting 300 of each of the high level items and then saving my RP to get a 1million RP screen shot :cool:

Dreno33
06-18-2012, 08:40 AM
well i definitely think you should add many more exeleros. that might take awhile, idk how fast you gather R.

Swingle007
06-18-2012, 08:41 AM
I've got 85x chainwhips 101x nvb

and I got the free items: 1 tommy gun, 4 sawn off, 4 RPG, 1 needs level 70 armor??, 3 yamaha, 4 exelero, 3 colombian, 1 serrated blade

Looks like you were smart and went for the powerful stuff and avoided the rest....good call there! You might not be a clown after all. ;-)

Yeah Dreno, all I've been buying are exeleros for the past few weeks...stopped buying chain whips to allow for the vehicle additions. I'm getting 25 attack for every exelero added, so it's a huge gain.

jmeijer
06-18-2012, 08:43 AM
There won't be stronger RP items, because the first gold items start at +-30/30 for 50 gold. No way that Funzio would do that.

I have the following RP items:
Guns: Tommy Gun x 10 / Sawn Off Shotgun x 10 / RPG x 18
Melee: Columbian Knife x 13 / Serrated Blade x 2 / Chain Whip x 53
Armor: Combat Boots x 34 / Night Vision Binoculars x 94 / Full Combat Gear x 16
Vehicles: Mustang x 29 / Yamaha Race Bike x 65 / Exelero x 47

sexkitteh
06-18-2012, 08:45 AM
Looks like you were smart and went for the powerful stuff and avoided the rest....good call there! You might not be a clown after all. ;-)

Well - I restarted my game after finding the forum and spending some time reading about peoples ideas...

I camped for about a month at the start which realllllly help me get my income up and I was able to buy a boat load of low level weapons that helped me stay ahead of everyone till I got to nvg.

Also I've ONLY completed 100 "jobs" - I've only focus on PVP goals. I've got over 6000 fight wins & 3000 robberies

55 stamina and XX Attack and XX Defense ; )

cookie monster
06-18-2012, 08:52 AM
Well - I restarted my game after finding the forum and spending some time reading about peoples ideas...

I camped for about a month at the start which realllllly help me get my income up and I was able to buy a boat load of low level weapons that helped me stay ahead of everyone till I got to nvg.

Also I've ONLY completed 100 "jobs" - I've only focus on PVP goals. I've got over 6000 fight wins & 3000 robberies

How big is your mob?

sexkitteh
06-18-2012, 08:53 AM
How big is your mob?

Almost 500 ; )

I need to camp again though... my income/attack/defense is lagging again...

people around my level (which is out of date again) is off by too much...

everyone has 15k+ defense :/

well... not everyone... but tooo many that I'm getting attacked more often now and loosing...

Dreno33
06-18-2012, 08:55 AM

200 A/D is pretty dam low for a lvl 60

sexkitteh
06-18-2012, 08:56 AM
200 A/D is pretty dam low for a lvl 60

WHAT????

What are you talking about...

Dreno33
06-18-2012, 09:02 AM
WHAT????

What are you talking about...

..... you never learned Roman Numerals? or am I going blank and X isn't 100?

EDIT: SH!T! it isn't 100. i frekin ten. LMAO.

Now, let me repost this:

20 A/D is pretty dam low for a lvl 60

sexkitteh
06-18-2012, 09:07 AM
..... you never learned Roman Numerals? or am I going blank and X isn't 100?

EDIT: SH!T! it isn't 100. i frekin ten. LMAO.

Now, let me repost this:

20 A/D is pretty dam low for a lvl 60

http://www.craigboyce.com/w/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Baby_Facepalm1.jpg

I put XX because I don't want to tell you how many points I've allocated into attack and defense...

my attack/defense is my sig... and it's higher now since I'm a few levels up again...

But YES both attack and defense are under 100 ; )

Sasha54
06-18-2012, 09:25 AM
I spend my as I go - early on I got a few Mustangs and then switched to Yamahas (26)

sawn-offs - 15

Now I just focus on CW's - 106
and NVB's - 71

occasionally buy RPG's - 28

will continue with CW and NVB until Exceleros open up in 11 more levels for me - so at lvl 110 I will probably start saving my respects and then just drop them all at once.

so my totals are
I have the following RP items:
Guns: Tommy Gun x 8 / Sawn Off Shotgun x 15 / RPG x 28
Melee: Columbian Knife x 6 / Serrated Blade x 5 / Chain Whip x 106
Armor: Combat Boots x 3 / Night Vision Binoculars x 71 / Full Combat Gear x 4
Vehicles: Mustang x 7 / Yamaha Race Bike x 26 / Exelero x 5 (from TL)

7rs60
06-18-2012, 09:43 AM
I bought 10 Columbian knives, then 10 night visions, then 100 Yamahas and then switched to chain whips, currently working on chain whips.

7rs60
06-18-2012, 09:44 AM
Sasha, why do you buy NVGs instead of Full Combat Gear?

sexkitteh
06-18-2012, 09:50 AM

why do you have yamahas??? o_0

7rs60
06-18-2012, 09:52 AM

I sometimes like to pretend that my iPhone is a steering wheel, and when I walk by people on the sidewalk I say "Vroom vroom, *****, shoulda bought Yamahas". Without Yamahas, that would just be silly.

sexkitteh
06-18-2012, 09:54 AM
I sometimes like to pretend that my iPhone is a steering wheel, and when I walk by people on the sidewalk I say "Vroom vroom, *****, shoulda bought Yamahas". Without Yamahas, that would just be silly.

Ohhhhh! Well that makes sense... people will be like pew pew with their pop guns and blow up the bike...

BUT FEAR NOT! There are 99 more left in the garage!

Swearengen
06-18-2012, 10:01 AM
Interesting topic as I am currently banking my RP. I plan to use white frog's calculator to see what gives me more bank for my buck (exeleros, RPG or go stright chain whips).

Currently I have:
Tommy gun x73 (all at early stages inthe game)
Sawn-Off shotgun x26
Columbian knife x12
Chain whips x122
Night Vision Binocs x50
Yamaha Race Bike x107 (great investment early IMO, not so much now)

dudeman
06-18-2012, 10:05 AM
Guns: tommy gun x 106 / sawn off shotguns x 203 / rpg x110
Melee: columbian knife x 133 / serrated blade x 43 / chain whip x 171
Armor: night vision goggles x 282 / full combat gear x 36
Vehicles: Yamaha race bike x 156 / exelero x 100

Guns: Tommy Gun x 14 / Sawn-Off Shotguns x 15 / RPG x 20
Melee: Columbian Knife x 3 / Serrated Blade x 12 / Chain Whip x 311
Armor: Combat Boots x 90 / Night Vision Binoculars x 138 / Full Combat Gear x 38
Vehicles: Mustang x 35 / Yamaha Race Bike x 146 / Exelero x 128
Banked RP: 277,364

There have been several items acquired through goal rewards that I have never spent RP towards. I don't have an exact count, but I do know that I have never bought an RPG, Columbian Knife, or Serrated Blade.

joaquim
06-18-2012, 10:24 AM
Guns: Tommy Gun - 48, Sawn-Off Shotgun - 26, RPG - 5
Melee: Colombian Knife - 15, Serrated Blade - 7, Chain Whip - 48
Armor: Combat Boots - 32, NVB - 200, FCG - 4
Veichles: Mustang - 6, Yamaha Race Bike - 16, Excelero - 5

Swingle007
06-18-2012, 10:28 AM
Wow dude, that's a ton of banked rp...take some serious patience to save that up! I'd be so tempted to dump into something at that point.

dudeman
06-18-2012, 10:34 AM
Wow dude, that's a ton of banked rp...take some serious patience to save that up! I'd be so tempted to dump into something at that point.

I have been tempted many times. When I reached roughly 210k RP banked I got curious about what Chains and Exeleros still added to my stats. I didn't get any CWs though because while I was curious, I knew that the last one I got gave me something close to 18/14. Not bad, not great. I did get 16 Exeleros at that point though. The first one gave me 25/0, the 16th gave me 20/0. That was enough to tell me they're not really worth it. They give me zero defense and the attack gain was dropping fast.

I'll just keep holding my RP in the hope that against all odds Conzio will introduce a fourth tier of RP items, or a non-consumable RP explosive. The reason I doubt this will happen any time soon is because RP items are the best free items, and more strong items that can be acquired for free extends the amount of time that free players can still get stronger without buying gold.

pluxfan2
06-18-2012, 10:39 AM
Guns: Tommy Gun - 31, Sawn-Off Shotgun - 18, RPG - 32
Melee: Colombian Knife - 12, Serrated Blade - 13, Chain Whip - 165
Armor: Combat Boots - 38, NVB - 30, FCG - 100
Veichles: Mustang - 22, Yamaha Race Bike - 83, Excelero - 140

Sasha54
06-18-2012, 11:04 AM

because so many of the well informed forum members advise it.........it's considered an item that can take you through. However for myself - not sure if I will be getting more since it doesn't seem to appear on my fight result screen so I may have surpassed them with better equipment.
My full combat gear is at the bottom of the list and I think that may drop off soon.

Sasha54
06-18-2012, 11:07 AM

I'm not sure what you have in the way of vehicles - and once again I think you are just saving for the holy grail and banking on Exceleros.
Well you have a long way to go until they open for you - what are you relying on in the meantime?

sexkitteh
06-18-2012, 11:18 AM
I'm not sure what you have in the way of vehicles - and once again I think you are just saving for the holy grail and banking on Exceleros.
Well you have a long way to go until they open for you - what are you relying on in the meantime?

I'm buying CW right now... yes we went over this - my vehicles dpt sucks...

I have:

13x armored police trucks 4/19
5x 69 camaro 5/4
21x pickups 4/3
3x yamaha 13/12
4x exelero 31/17
1x junker 1/1
and 1x traveler 2/3

I'm camping now for a little while tho... build up income and buy more cash items that I need...

Sasha54
06-18-2012, 11:24 AM
I'm buying CW right now... yes we went over this - my vehicles dpt sucks...

I have:

13x armored police trucks 4/19
5x 69 camaro 5/4
21x pickups 4/3
3x yamaha 13/12
4x exelero 31/17
1x junker 1/1
and 1x traveler 2/3

I'm camping now for a little while tho... build up income and buy more cash items that I need...

The only CASH vehicle that it has been recommended to me to purchase - while waiting for Exceleros - is Camaros. I am stocking up on them - they aren't costly.
You can check with others but I think I would keep to those..........and whatever drops you get on the Armored Police

sexkitteh
06-18-2012, 11:26 AM
The only CASH vehicle that it has been recommended to me to purchase - while waiting for Exceleros - is Camaros. I am stocking up on them - they aren't costly.
You can check with others but I think I would keep to those..........and whatever drops you get on the Armored Police

I preffer the pickups - much cheaper less wasted money - enough boost to get me where I need to be...

I'm ok right now on everything though...

I just need to build my income up to start supporting my need for explosives ^^

I saw a guy with HUGE attack defense and it was 50% thanks to a ridiculous amount of explosives... he was also making like 200k an hour lol

Sasha54
06-18-2012, 11:34 AM
I preffer the pickups - much cheaper less wasted money - enough boost to get me where I need to be...

I'm ok right now on everything though...

I just need to build my income up to start supporting my need for explosives ^^

I saw a guy with HUGE attack defense and it was 50% thanks to a ridiculous amount of explosives... he was also making like 200k an hour lol

Hmmm - tried that tactic - spent a wad of cash on them - they are all GONE now...........:mad:

sexkitteh
06-18-2012, 11:36 AM
Hmmm - tried that tactic - spent a wad of cash on them - they are all GONE now...........:mad:

That's really the whole point of a good income at highlevel... you need 1000 of each best explosive on hand at any given point in the day lol

cookie monster
06-18-2012, 01:45 PM
I have 69 mafia members and I'm at level 93. I have 7,400 robberies and nearly 4,000 fight wins.

Currently I'm hoarding for RPGs for when I cross the 100 threshold. Shortly after that I will begin hoading for level 115 Exceleros.

MELEE: At this point I have 44 chain whips, no serrated blades b/c they were only one attack point above the Columbians. It didn't make sense to buy them when chain whips were the top melee item. I have 9 Columbians.

GUNS: Spent most of my RP here before we started getting events on Droid. It was the most impactful at the time. Now, there's not a lot of use for spending a lot of funds here although the RPGs will still be enough of an upgrade over my current floor levels to warrant their purchase. I have 14 Tommy guns and 20 sawED-off shotguns.

ARMOR: Once I started researching I began focusing most of my RP purchases on goggles, which give a huge bang for the buck. There just aren't many armor items that have double figure attack points, and 300 rp is relatively cheap. I have 8 full combat gear suits, but every once in a while I still will buy a couple of those goggles for the offense... considering the FGS only has one point more on the attack.

VEHICLE: Kind of the same deal as armor. There just aren't many vehicles you can get early that have the kind of puch that the mustangs and yahmaha race bikes have a little later. I have 6 mustangs, and 40 YRBs. I will say that the enhanced bikes have obsoleted my mustangs, and raised my floor such that I won't be spending any more RP on race bikes as I will only see a 4 point bump in attack and less on defense due to the armored police trucks I have already. Had I jobbed up a little faster earlier instead of staying on a board until I got to level 5, I wouldn't have bought the mustangs. I would've farmed low-riders and devil taxis. I also have an Excelero. Don't remember how I got it. It was probably a fight mission of some kind.

FatDaz
06-18-2012, 02:22 PM
336 CW
109 serrated blades
60 columbians
212 tommys
117 sawn off's
58 rpg
236 nvg
93 fcg
151 yamahas
46 exeleros

Tried to balance across the 4 classes..for me whips gave a good return..now buying fcg as I get
11/11...exeleros and rpg give little defense.

Most non respect weapons give no increase in stats now(only the million plus)
and all respect items tailor off to a minimal increase.
Best forget obtaining 500 as the cut of point is considerably less where stats increase

If you can go for the highest value items, with hindsight..exceleros,rpg,cws,fcg then nvg

Thuglife is invaluable with the 500points per round and good weapons every 5..on 340 now..plus quantity from
actual fights really helps..lvl 196..52att..80def

jobadass
06-18-2012, 02:45 PM
I spent a ton of RP at lower levels and wish I would have saved it some:

Guns:
164 Tommy guns (which makes no sense because I have 406 M4A1s)
41 sawn offs
19 RPGs

Melee:
7 Columbian Knives
9 Serrated blades
148 CWs (still buying)

Armor:
161 combat boots (ugh)
421 NVBs
9 FCG

Vehicles:
80 Stangs
183 Yamies
23 Excelero

Explosives:
Still waiting on a non-consumable explosive for RPs

I am considering investing all RP in the excelero since I won the last event (1st time getting all 10). Gotta think on that.

Vicious...
06-18-2012, 02:50 PM
Level: 95

Actively Purchasing:
Chain Whips - 105
Night Vision Binocs. - 88

No longer or not actively purchasing:
Tommy Guns - 22
Serrated Blades - 2
Columbian Knife - 4
Combat Boots - 48
Mustang - 1
Yamahas - 67
Sawn-Off Shotguns - 9
Full Combat Gear - 2

Not Considered (what I own is from TL and other goals, can't buy them right now)
RPG - 4
Exelero - 5

Edit: After considering it, I put Yamahas in the not buying category. I'm trying to slow my leveling, but to stock up on vehicles while burning some unused energy for minimal experience, I'm farming Armored Trucks again at the Junkyard. I have 127. I'm not gonna spend money on vehicles, I need that for builds, upgrades, and expansions.

PawnXIIX
06-18-2012, 03:00 PM
Level 106:

Exceleros: RP in bank waiting for the dealership to be built :(
RPG: 20
Chain Whip: 29
FCG: 12 (I have mixed feelings about them now)
NVB: 23
YRB: 25

I dance around with RP, like I ignored the bikes because I felt that I wanted to wait until I wanted to get the exeleros, but then in the end I realized that was 30 levels away and I have no vehicles. Filled them out to a point where now my vehicle stat isn't my lowest, and now the ECBs have fixed the rest.

No RP boosting items :(

vitus79
06-18-2012, 03:08 PM
lvl 190

Rpg: 45 (add 16/0)
CW: 362
NVB: 310
FCG: 48 (add 1/7)
YRB: 285
Exelero: 203 (add 18/0)