PDA

View Full Version : How did i lose this fight?

magepker
06-18-2012, 07:33 AM
im seriously starting to get annoyed at the raid\attacking system in this game.

Heres the stats;

Me; LvL 55. 10400 Att 10500 Def. All boost buildings including gold defense boost building. Russia mostly air units.

The other guy; LvL 54 7500 Att 7200 Def 2 boost buildings (air,infantry) no gold boost building. USA.....

He attacked me and i lost 1.2mil. raided me. lost another 170k.... wtf?!

How did i lose. seriously.

CAPT.GIN
06-18-2012, 07:35 AM
How many allies do you have and how many did he have?

RedLabit
06-18-2012, 07:53 AM
He probably had the following in his advantage
- Higher level of boost buildings
- High atk skill points vs your low def skills points.

Jp lfs
06-18-2012, 07:58 AM
There are so many possible factors at play when attacking that a 20% advantage is by no means a sure win. Keep in mind that you see your opponent's RAW stats (before boost) while you see your own BOOSTED numbers, so your rival may be much closer to you in strength than you think.

mickymacirl
06-18-2012, 08:07 AM
Yep, you need to really pay close attention to a persons number of units as well.

azy
06-18-2012, 08:34 AM
All good points so far. Also, att/def numbers are clearly probabilities of winning, not guarantees. For example, I have attacked people with much higher def than my attack in the hope of tapping their unprotected cash. In those battles, I might lose 2 than win 1, etc.

bbprofitz
06-18-2012, 10:40 AM
Keep in mind that you see your opponent's RAW stats (before boost) while you see your own BOOSTED numbers, so your rival may be much closer to you in strength than you think.

So when I look at my own profile, my attack & defense scores are calculated using all my boosts (country, buildings, etc)?

And when I look at a rival's profile, I only see their RAW numbers?

magepker
06-18-2012, 10:45 AM
Yep, you need to really pay close attention to a persons number of units as well.

why does that have anything to do with it?

he had 142 allies i have 150.

his boost buildings (air and infantry) were both lvl 1. he must have 0 defense skill points and all to attack to make up a 3000 attack to defense difference vs me..

i think theres something im missing though. i have a 80% def 20% attack skill point differential. after every lvl up i put 1 to def 1 to attack then the next lvl up i put 2 to def and 1 to stamina.

Jp lfs
06-18-2012, 10:57 AM
So when I look at my own profile, my attack & defense scores are calculated using all my boosts (country, buildings, etc)?

And when I look at a rival's profile, I only see their RAW numbers?

That is correct. True of your allies as well, you only see their RAW numbers, which is why you see some people asking other players what numbers they see.

magepker
06-18-2012, 12:59 PM
i dont think even if he put every skill point into attack that i would lose... it just wouldnt make up for the 3000 point differential.

Hassleham
06-18-2012, 02:19 PM
There's a chance he could've dropped allies in the time between him attacking you and you checking his profile. How long was the gap?

Dr. Dengus
06-18-2012, 02:55 PM
Also, did he win 100% of the time he attacked and raided you, or did you come out victorious in any of his attempts? I've been able to raid people successfully with an attack score of ~2k less than my opponents defense score.

Q Raider
06-18-2012, 05:52 PM
There is also the "strong against" factor to consider.

I have an abundance of these types of units built into my defense.

Was attacked twice by a player yesterday, they Won the first, lost the second.

Checked their stats and their Raw attack was almost 10k higher than my boosted defense. On face value they should have won easily. Did a bit of analysis and it worked out my Strong Against units were close to numerically matching their attack units in Air, Sea and Ground. As I understand it this means I potentially reduced their attack strength by around 25% which would then have made it a line ball decision as to the outcome..

RedLabit
06-18-2012, 08:51 PM
i dont think even if he put every skill point into attack that i would lose... it just wouldnt make up for the 3000 point differential.

In that case, it is probably due to a jackpot dice roll for him, and you got the low end of the straw with yours.
If he wins consistently against you, without any losses, then something is wrong...

cheiz
06-19-2012, 03:02 AM

Have heard that before Micky, but why? As long as 4 units for every ally are brought to battle, what's the difference that of having surplus units not utilized in neither attack nor defence? Are you saying they're of influence anyway?
That'd be funny - saw a guy the other day he had like 3700 infantry - think it were Light Gunners... - so he could actually have somke kind of advantage from that legion?

Aidan
06-19-2012, 04:04 AM
Q raider nailed it.

Dig this post from CCM to add on what he Posted

Basically it's this:

If you bring a unit that is "strong against" a unit type that the enemy brings there is a chance that one or more of your "strong against" units will gain a boost.

manbeast
06-19-2012, 07:41 AM
the pvp mechanics make no sense to me anymore.

the low casualty glitcher that has been attacking me for a week has an attack stat of 37k. majority of it is sea (600 SF). my defense stat is almost 52k, and the majority of that is strong against sea units (600 sea scout, 200 mine launcher, 300 SF). but somehow this douche was able to raid me w/ a 50% success rate. his boost buildings were like lvl 2.

also- i have 100 atk skill points. i think this is relatively high. i also have 36k atk. however i tried attacking someone with 25k defense yesterday and I lost. they didnt have a composites factory or high lvl boost buildings. i think the game is trying to screw with me at this point

magepker
06-22-2012, 07:33 AM
ok this game is bull****. i just noticed. hes ****ing lvl 52 and im lvl 59. i decided to beef up my def and use all my valor. i now have 14k Def and 13.4k attack. he has now 8.9k attack..... HOW THE **** DID I JUST LOSE 4 FIGHTS IN A ROW?!?!?

stricker
06-26-2012, 08:54 AM
ok this game is bull****. i just noticed. hes ****ing lvl 52 and im lvl 59. i decided to beef up my def and use all my valor. i now have 14k Def and 13.4k attack. he has now 8.9k attack..... HOW THE **** DID I JUST LOSE 4 FIGHTS IN A ROW?!?!?

1st... you did not list that player's def stat??? ...it's your attack stat against he's defense stat, if you are the one doing the attacking/raid and vice-versa if he is attacking you...

2nd... you have to account for his boost, which is not fully accounted for in the stat that you see on his profile page, so learn to do more recon/evaluation of an opponent before you decide to attack/raid them...

3rd... there is another hidden wildcard that no one fully understands how they effect the outcome of the battle and that is the skill points... example: you might have 40 in attack and 40 in defense and that player may have 15 in attack and 65 in defense... if your attack stat is close to his defense stat, say 1-2k difference, then the skill points are weighted in you opponents favor!!! therefore, you lose!!! yikes...

...i highly suggest you spend some time reading through the guides, tips, etc in the FAQ stinky by Hello Kitty at the top of the page. it has links to all of the most important information on the entire mw forum...
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?35951-Modern-War-FAQs

good luck,
stricker