PDA

View Full Version : CC Forced Closing

Maniaxe
06-18-2012, 06:06 AM
After the last update I have noticed that the game "crashes" a lot more. Usually overnight when I "forget" to close the app. But also noticed it this morning when I went for a little OT event opens and my game was closed. I am guessing they finally fixed this error in the new updates and was curious if anyone else had been experiencing this.

Ohh and thank for the big middle finger this morning Funzio, it was great to wake up and know that I have missed yet another final event item and then get a whopping $10k of a scratcher. Funzio Why do you hate me so much?!?!

Dipstik
06-18-2012, 06:10 AM
'cause you're a whiner.

Dr Girlfriend
06-18-2012, 06:17 AM
I left the game open on both my iPhone and iPad, and woke up with both of them closed. :(

That was my guess, that events will no longer be ending soon, they'll be ending on time.

iteachem
06-18-2012, 06:34 AM
Mine stayed open all night and I was able to open up my last box and get another one of yellow bikes. but that was my last tire box. only got to 8 this time

Swifty
06-18-2012, 06:37 AM
I am running CC HD on an iPad2.

The game crashes more now than it ever has.

Maniaxe
06-18-2012, 06:50 AM
The game crashes more now than it ever has.

That's what makes me wonder if it is not so much a crash but a forced closing encoded into the script after the app is open for X many hours. Just another CC speculation and conspiracy theory.

Dipstik
06-18-2012, 06:54 AM
I used to use an Ipad 1, and it crashed about 10-15 times an hour. Now I'm on an Ipad 2, and after a month or so of no crashes, it recently started crashing occasionally. One thing I can say is that the current crashes are COMPLETELY different from the ones I'm used to. It used to crash whenever I tried to do something... now it "crashes" while the game is idle. I believe this is a coded answer to the "overtime" rules.

Next event we should try to see if we all crash at about the same time. If I was going to write a server side reset, it would have to be all at once or maybe in a few batches.

xXSycoXx
06-18-2012, 07:09 AM
My son's CC on his ipad 2 crashes quite a bit but for some reason mine on a 3rd gen very rarely crashes

Maniaxe
06-18-2012, 07:13 AM
Ahh Dipstick I see you finally got your morning coffee as well. I knew you had something else to say besides.
'cause you're a whiner.
But that's why I enjoy your comments, you typically post what I am thinking before I can post. Thanks for keeping my post count down.

I play on a iPhone so it is almost a relief to know I can actually use my phone today.

Dipstik
06-18-2012, 07:16 AM
You're welcome.

Babytway
06-18-2012, 07:21 AM
if anyone is playing in OT i don't think they will say anything, oops

Maniaxe
06-18-2012, 07:27 AM
Yeah your right babytway they would have to take back all the "sorry try agains" I won in OT. :D

My thinking is that if there is an fixable error server side that gives the opportunity for funzio to continue to profit then that's not really an error at.

DenZ1
06-18-2012, 07:44 AM
Mine is till running.. not that it matters to me but hasn't crushed yet.
Mine on iPhone 3Gs is still crushing at the same rate... which is way too often to annoy the hell out of me.. :)
They can't even develop protocols properly.. I guess that server-client communication was never designed right in the first place..