PDA

View Full Version : Getting tired of these events

wupuck
06-18-2012, 12:08 AM
These events are happening way to often.

I still somewhat enjoy this game. but I feel that if i don't participate in these events, i'm going to fall behind. I already feel well behind seeing folks w/ multiple level 10 items and I've only gotten 2.

After spending some RM on the free banking item (which I didn't get); i vowed to never spend $ (mostly because I can't afford it) again.

I'm getting stuck at 8 far to many times and I'm opening close to 15 a day.

Anyone else getting frustrated too?

Daniel2115
06-18-2012, 12:11 AM
I enjoy the events but it does get really frustrating seeing fail after fail with an occasional enhanced bike or security baton. I open 15-20/day too and have only gotten 2 of them.

Bala82
06-18-2012, 12:14 AM
Whenever i do the event i only go for3,5, 7th item since i know i won't get 10th item.

wupuck
06-18-2012, 12:14 AM
Seriously, It seems like folks who hover over the game might get a chance to get the prize. Anything less; for example living your life and ur assured to much frustration.

I'm just asking for more time between games. Have one a month. no more.

montecore
06-18-2012, 12:15 AM
I am never spending another penny on this game or anything like it. If i fall behind, good. It will only make it easier toquit someday. I cant believe how much money i wasted on nothing. Hadi won, it would still have been nothing.

psxnitro
06-18-2012, 12:50 AM
I'm a free player, I was tempted to actually buy gold a few times, but after burning all my free earned gold from offers, on the coffer event when I was at 9/10 and still didn't get the 10th. It pretty much sealed my resolve on ever buying anything with my real money.

I guess I'm glad I didn't take the hook, and I can freely quit the game w/o regrets. I'm just gonna enjoy this game till I get tired of being beaten by gold buying players.

PawnXIIX
06-18-2012, 01:04 AM
Anyone else getting frustrated too?

I don't get frustrated because like Bala I don't go for the 10th. Every item I get it just better and better for me. All the other random items are an improvement over the other items I have already. I do not get tired of these events.

The Billionaire
06-18-2012, 01:15 AM
I enjoy these events but they are so unrealistic !!! On the tire event i got a tire in each of the first 7 boxes and then didn't get a single tire for the next 5 days even though i opened just under 100 boxes.

It's so fake, if you had 100 boxes in front of you and seven of them had a tire in, there's no way you'd pick them 7 first. I also think it would be more exciting if they was more randomness because getting two tires on bounce would be a result.

Come on Funzio! You're great at randomness and the random element, this is where it's needed.

Kudos for the scratchers but i purchased around 40 off them and didn't any of the 5 or 6 prizes. You've gotta have better odds than that!!!

PawnXIIX
06-18-2012, 01:34 AM
I wouldn't mind if every box had a exact rate to find a tire, and the rate doesn't change. Also keep the drop rate on boxes low.

To me that would keep everybody happy. This way there's no streak of 60 opens before we get a 9th/10th item and people get the items they desire.

koralene
06-18-2012, 01:49 AM
The events are too often but this last event was the easiest for me to get... i spent under 500 gold for it. :)

psxnitro
06-18-2012, 01:51 AM
The events are too often but this last event was the easiest for me to get... i spent under 500 gold for it. :)

Just for curiosities sake... How much real money have you spent on this game?

koralene
06-18-2012, 03:51 AM
Just for curiosities sake... How much real money have you spent on this game?

tbh... i really don't know. i've never tried to figure it out. this month, i probably spend thousands. :p

zombie
06-18-2012, 04:07 AM
I was on a roll the first three days, than all of a sudden nothing! What the fu*k?? I got so desperate to get my first ever 10th item that I bought gold. Stupid me, because it did nothing for me...by the end of the event I had been at the same 8 tires since day three, no gold left, and out $20 real dollars. I fu*king quit! Fu*k these impossible events. Love the game, but no more will I give two ****s about these events, and definitely not ever spending any of my own money just to end up in the same dissapointment as if I had tried to go at it with no gold.
Thanks funzio. You got me good...

Swifty
06-18-2012, 06:49 AM
Very much looking forward to the next event.

Starts tomorrow?

Maniaxe
06-18-2012, 07:00 AM
I hate to love these events but the still are beneficial even with out getting the tenth item. I get great items that still boost my stats. I wake up first thing in the morning because I want to get that first open.
They are free! Everything is a bonus.

IMO you can't just spend a little gold and expect to win anything in this game. You either play for free/tapjoy or you blow a ton of cash on this game.

I have yet to ever get a final item and have played every event with a average of 15-18 opens a day. So what, it sucks, but that's my sh*tty CC luck. I mean I bought six crates and got six commons! Won 250RP and $10k x3 on four out of six scratchers! Thank god that luck does't correlate with the real world.

I am ready for the next event, but even more exited for another special event (PVP, earners)! Bring on those fabled Rock Lobsters! I want all the time consuming, frustrating, free crap Funzio can throw at us!

psxnitro
06-18-2012, 07:27 AM
tbh... i really don't know. i've never tried to figure it out. this month, i probably spend thousands. :p

You now have my deepest respect for funding conzio and keeping us cheapskates playing the game for free. Thank You!!!

sexkitteh
06-18-2012, 08:19 AM
The reality is not everyone gets item 10 - yeah there are a FEW lucky people out there that have gotten most 10th items - but these events will run every week for ever... you and everyone else are unlikely to get ALL the items, and just be happy for getting the first 3 items for free basically. They are worth around 50 gold a piece and are easy enough to get...

With scratchers being implemented as well.. you won't fall tooo far behind... just don't expect the tenth item... shoot for item 9 :D

And this is coming from someone who has no item 10 yet...

Remember too that (if you don't make any enemies) the HEAVY HEAVY hitters are probably not going to pick on you because you aren't a challenge...

DenZ1
06-18-2012, 08:30 AM
The reality is not everyone gets item 10 - yeah there are a FEW lucky people out there that have gotten most 10th items - but these events will run every week for ever... you and everyone else are unlikely to get ALL the items, and just be happy for getting the first 3 items for free basically. They are worth around 50 gold a piece and are easy enough to get...

With scratchers being implemented as well.. you won't fall tooo far behind... just don't expect the tenth item... shoot for item 9 :D

And this is coming from someone who has no item 10 yet...

Remember too that (if you don't make any enemies) the HEAVY HEAVY hitters are probably not going to pick on you because you aren't a challenge...

As for people getting 10 out of 10... It's aint about luck.. Or even gold... They do know what has to be done :)
None of us have THAT kind of luck... It was just 1 person I would understand, but there are handfull of them..

And for getting final item.. Again, its not about an item itself ... its aint worth that much.. :) It's about competition and falling behind those "lucky" once with all final items.
Im more then happy to get that free staff (and I do it with my LL account) but just to catch up i need to spend some serious dough which I'm not willing to..

Personally, I would prefer if it would not be final item and it would be less powerfull stuff along 10 steps.. and they were just harder to get..

sexkitteh
06-18-2012, 08:34 AM
As for people getting 10 out of 10... It's aint about luck.. Or even gold... They do know what has to be done :)
None of us have THAT kind of luck... It was just 1 person I would understand, but there are handfull of them..

yeah handful out of millions of people playing the game... it's luck... if they get every 10th item over the next 10 events...

then we may need to sit down and have little chat with these people lol :cool:

maybe take them outback and smash their fingers with a sludge hammer??

DenZ1
06-18-2012, 08:49 AM
yeah handful out of millions of people playing the game... it's luck... if they get every 10th item over the next 10 events...

then we may need to sit down and have little chat with these people lol :cool:

maybe take them outback and smash their fingers with a sludge hammer??

Pretty much :) I don't really think that millions are playing that game. I would be surprised if active players where over 100K if not less

sexkitteh
06-18-2012, 08:52 AM
Pretty much :) I don't really think that millions are playing that game. I would be surprised if active players where over 100K if not less

nonono.... you think 100k people across android/iphone/ipad around the world are funding the company with millions and millions of dollars?

DenZ1
06-18-2012, 09:39 AM
nonono.... you think 100k people across android/iphone/ipad around the world are funding the company with millions and millions of dollars?

Example.. I just contributed $100 to Funzio during JUST this event.
If 10K (1/10th) players made the same contribution, it would be $1M just for 1 event for 1 game.

you don't need millions of players to make millions of dollars :)
nowadays millions are not that much anymore :)

Swifty
06-18-2012, 09:41 AM
If there are lots of players, why do I see the same rivals over and over?

DenZ1
06-18-2012, 10:05 AM
+1 to that.. Thats how I know there aint millions.. :) Anyway.. non of my business...

sexkitteh
06-18-2012, 10:07 AM

You got to remember there are lots and lots of noobs that spend gold have different mafia sizes etc...

Lot's of variables... not everyone is at the same tier as you sir...