PDA

View Full Version : So they event will soon end...

Luciferianism
06-17-2012, 01:08 PM
Who is going to stay up all night opening at 9 out of 10?
Guilty.

dudeman
06-17-2012, 01:11 PM
Even if I were to try, my app always crashes after maybe one open attempt in OT (that usually fails anyways). These events can:
http://farm1.staticflickr.com/229/499507836_dcd72f1505_z.jpg

Hed
06-17-2012, 01:15 PM
Not me. I figure i have had approx 40 failures in a row since getting to 7 tyres..i know when to admit defeat..

Hank
06-17-2012, 01:25 PM
there's not much point to stay up for this one, the end prize item doesn't even work. no 20% attack bonus

Babytway
06-17-2012, 01:40 PM
the end item works dont believe the hype

Swingle007
06-17-2012, 02:08 PM
Had a public enemy flashback with that don't believe the hype line....lol

i need muney
06-17-2012, 02:29 PM
After the recent update my game crashes like hourly. Beddy time evyone ^_^

OG Kush
06-17-2012, 02:42 PM
I can only go a couple hours or until a huge collection till my game crashes. The farthest I've gone with an event is going until the next one came. Still have always gotten 9 out of 10

Luciferianism
06-17-2012, 02:59 PM
In the UK these things always finish at 8 am so you have to stay up to get the last shouts in (disregarding overtime).

Hank
06-17-2012, 03:21 PM
What exactly are you basing this on tway? Do you even have the item? Your blind faith in funzio may actually have repercussions and cause others to spend real money for something with questionable value. I have been trying to test it to see if it works and it doesn't appear to work. if it does, it is not as powerful as you might think. The only person i have been able find with comparable stats in my rivals list is dravak. He has like 62700 real defense based on the rival screen and i have 62300 attack, 242 attack skill points and the hit n run car and could only beat him about every other attempt. about 5 wins, 5 losses. With the new event item i should have like abound 70K attack and i would think i could beat him more than that, but who knows, you guys can decide for yourselves it it works

GazLegend
06-17-2012, 03:25 PM
I've been opening with gold, had 9 for 3 days but can't get ten, even opening 16 a day with gold

Nudie
06-17-2012, 03:26 PM
Not losing sleep or $$$ over these events any more.

dudeman
06-17-2012, 03:33 PM
What exactly are you basing this on tway? Do you even have the item? Your blind faith in funzio may actually have repercussions and cause others to spend real money for something with questionable value. I have been trying to test it to see if it works and it doesn't appear to work. if it does, it is not as powerful as you might think. The only person i have been able find with comparable stats in my rivals list is dravak. He has like 62700 real defense based on the rival screen and i have 62300 attack, 242 attack skill points and the hit n run car and could only beat him about every other attempt. about 5 wins, 5 losses. With the new event item i should have like abound 70K attack and i would think i could beat him more than that, but who knows, you guys can decide for yourselves it it works

I see where you're coming from, but I just want to say that I read a post from Dravak where he said he has something like 200+ defense skill, so that could be affecting the outcome in this particular instance. Otherwise, I don't have the CH'n'R so I can't add anything else to the discussion.

Odie
06-17-2012, 03:43 PM
I will be lucky to get 9...been stuck on 8 since there were 3 1/2 days left...opening easily 12-16/day on medium chance. My last 40 opens have been 30 sorry and 10 hazmat suits...stellar work.

Swifty
06-17-2012, 08:55 PM
Overtime never works for me, I get a handful of fails to open and then the app crashes.

DenZ1
06-17-2012, 09:03 PM
I've been opening with gold, had 9 for 3 days but can't get ten, even opening 16 a day with gold

I'm on the same page.

cookie monster
06-17-2012, 09:05 PM
Overtime? Explain, please.

dudeman
06-17-2012, 09:12 PM
Overtime? Explain, please.

When the event timer hits 0 it changes to "event ends soon". It stays like that until you close the app and you can still open boxes, but you can't get new boxes.

Now that scratchers are here doing OT will mean sacrificing your daily free scratcher if you decide to or are able to stay in overtime for more than a day after the event officially ends.

cookie monster
06-17-2012, 09:13 PM
When the event timer hits 0 it changes to "event ends soon". It stays like that until you close the app and you can still open boxes, but you can't get new boxes.

Now that scratchers are here doing OT will mean sacrificing your daily free scratcher if you decide to or are able to stay in overtime for more than a day after the event officially ends.

wow, this is useful information. Thank you.

dudeman
06-17-2012, 09:21 PM
wow, this is useful information. Thank you.

Np. It's only somewhat useful though, as you will likely see that the game crashes in OT if you so much as look at it funny.

Beardy
06-17-2012, 10:04 PM
Np. It's only somewhat useful though, as you will likely see that the game crashes in OT if you so much as look at it funny.
This
+1 gdgsh

cookie monster
06-17-2012, 10:04 PM

Do I have to stay on that screen or can I run around and rob and kill and then come back to it?

Beardy
06-17-2012, 10:05 PM
Do I have to stay on that screen or can I run around and rob and kill and then come back to it?

Will most likely crash the game.

cookie monster
06-17-2012, 10:14 PM
Will most likely crash the game.

Doing which?

dudeman
06-17-2012, 10:21 PM
Doing which?

Anything. Don't use your energy, don't touch your stamina, don't visit maps or anyone else's hood. Any of these actions can and will cause your game to crash when you are running an event in overtime. Even banking and loading the rivals list should be avoided. Only withdraw what you need from the bank to open boxes, and even that is taking a risk that the game will crash.

The only time I ever successfully kept an event running in overtime and ended up getting the tenth item was with the Loaded Dice, and I did 5 gold opens in overtime. I assume that the only reason I didn't have a crash during that event OT was because I didn't do any actions that caused the game to contact the server. The gold was already on hand thanks to Tapjoy, so all I had to do was wait an hour with my iPad locked, and every time I thought I had about a minute to go before a box was ready I would unlock my iPad and make the open.

TRAZ
06-17-2012, 11:11 PM
OT is a blatant cheat. Don't use it. Anyone using it should have any item they received after the timer ends removed. Plain and simple.

This subject really irks me.

dudeman
06-17-2012, 11:33 PM
OT is a blatant cheat. Don't use it. Anyone using it should have any item they received after the timer ends removed. Plain and simple.

In what way is overtime cheating? It's a last minute attempt to put people into panic mode and get them to dump loads of gold trying to get the item. I am embarrassed to admit that it worked on me with the lockbox event, which was the very first time I ever even bought gold.

The catch is that in order for the gold option and timer reset to remain available, so too must both the free options. You're not any more likely to get an item in OT than you are during regulation time, but people are a lot more likely to spend more gold in less time knowing that it's their last chance.

xXSycoXx
06-18-2012, 02:04 AM
only thing now with OT is if you keep going you could miss the scratchers.
in pass events i have done OT for 2 to 3 days without a crash

cookie monster
06-18-2012, 05:59 AM
only thing now with OT is if you keep going you could miss the scratchers.
in pass events i have done OT for 2 to 3 days without a crash

Droid users don't get scratchers, but it's good to know that we can stretch this out if we desire.

Beardy
06-18-2012, 06:27 AM

Explain how this is cheating?

TRAZ
06-18-2012, 06:38 AM
It's a cheat because it's a glitch. You're trying to not contact the Funzio server in any way hence why it crashes when you do. Therefore, automatic trying to cheat the system.

Anything spent, gold or in-game cash should be automatically refunded and any item received during that time-frame should be nixxed. Simple enough. The event has a timer for a reason. Only Funzio can extend the event without it being considered a glitch.

Luciferianism
06-18-2012, 06:49 AM
It doesn't say the event ends when the timer is over, it just reverts to ending 'soon', Funzio would have put that there, therefore even if we do take your argument, it's perfectly legit to keep going. If it said 'event ended GTFO' on the timer maybe it would be more obvious you should stop.

Beardy
06-18-2012, 07:01 AM
As I said in the past with a pervious event -

Hang on....What's all this talk about cheating.

What if you never close crime city on your ipad? This would mean you would carry on untill you run out of crates. I think the countdown time is really the countdown till when the burners/atms/crates stop dropping in PvP PvE and you are unable to keep collecting more.

I have sometime thought it would be good to have an iPad for JUST crime city, but that requires being rich...:(