PDA

View Full Version : Getting robbed

M00nsh1n3
06-17-2012, 06:47 AM
My actual def is 11k higher than the Atk from this guy and he still manages to rob my hood everyday, ow is this possible?

Dipstik
06-17-2012, 07:19 AM
Why on earth do you assume having a higher defense than his attack means you can't be robbed? Where is that written?

smith
06-17-2012, 08:11 AM
Fyi, when you level up, you can toss your 3 all at attack which helps win. Also, if his weaponry is better than your defense weapons then that factors, as does mafia.

the game chooses his best attack weapon and your best defense weapon for the first mafia member, then next best for second member, and so on. so if all your guns for instance are pistols, his uzi, your cars junkers, his camaros, and your equipped with nothing better than 3 in armor, you will lose a lot. Even though you may have 500 pistols, revolvers, trench costs, crow bars, etc. If u bring low weaponry to fend off someone with higher, u lose.

dudeman
06-17-2012, 08:13 AM
Fyi, when you level up, you can toss your 3 all at attack which helps win. Also, if his weaponry is better than your defense weapons then that factors, as does mafia.

the game chooses his best attack weapon and your best defense weapon for the first mafia member, then next best for second member, and so on. so if all your guns for instance are pistols, his uzi, your cars junkers, his camaros, and your equipped with nothing better than 3 in armor, you will lose a lot. Even though you may have 500 pistols, revolvers, trench costs, crow bars, etc. If u bring low weaponry to fend off someone with higher, u lose.

What a load! I hope you don't actually believe this drivel. The only thing that makes sense in this statement is "the game chooses his best attack and your best defense weapons" but everything before and after that is bs.

M00nsh1n3
06-17-2012, 08:28 AM
Why on earth do you assume having a higher defense than his attack means you can't be robbed? Where is that written?

So defense only works for attackers? Cause that wouldn't make sense

M00nsh1n3
06-17-2012, 08:35 AM
Highly upset, I didn't spent this much time on this game to be robbed by a guy with crappy stats

Daniel2115
06-17-2012, 08:48 AM
Do you have alot o defense buildings? If so, those inflate your stats more than they actually defend.

Steve0
06-17-2012, 08:55 AM
Some where it was said that when you get robbed you use half of your weapon defence and all of your building defence and when some one fights you you use all of your weapon defence and half of your building defence. Then you got the other players skill pionts you dont see that could make the differance. A good way is buy defence weapons and defence buildings.

M00nsh1n3
06-17-2012, 08:55 AM
Yeap I k ow, but my actual def hat sows when someone attacks me, not the one that is bloated, still 11k higher

Dipstik
06-17-2012, 09:44 AM
Having a higher defense than the robber's attack doesn't mean you win. If you're upset, it's because you're choosing to believe a false premise. That's not how the game works.

Mikecore
06-17-2012, 12:20 PM
The best defense is to collect on time...

M00nsh1n3
06-17-2012, 06:30 PM
Having a higher defense than the robber's attack doesn't mean you win. If you're upset, it's because you're choosing to believe a false premise. That's not how the game works.

So how dows it actually works b ause I just tried to rob people with more def than my Atk and lost so I'm it ndstanding this

joaquim
06-17-2012, 06:32 PM
So how dows it actually works b ause I just tried to rob people with more def than my Atk and lost so I'm it ndstanding this

I can successfully rob people with 5000 more defense than my attack but I fail many times in between.
At higher levels this number just gets higher.

PawnXIIX
06-17-2012, 07:33 PM
Yeap I k ow, but my actual def hat sows when someone attacks me, not the one that is bloated, still 11k higher

Did you have somebody attack you and tell you the actual figure? That's the only way to really tell, from what I've read, that you can figure out your true defense.

If the guys has terrible stats, then he either dumped all his skill points into attack, has an attack boosting item or two, or has cheated his way to stat points.

King of the Dudes
06-17-2012, 07:37 PM

I second this!

jlhy
06-17-2012, 07:51 PM
My actual def is 11k higher than the Atk from this guy and he still manages to rob my hood everyday, ow is this possible?

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?9738-Quitting-the-game&p=42565#post42565

From an older post by CCM.

Fight defense looks like this:

Total item defense + Building defense + (contribution from defense skill calculation) +/- (random element)

Rob defense looks like this:

1/2 total item defense + Building defense + (contribution from defense skill calculation) +/- (random element)

There's been a lot of changes behind the scenes since he's posted this so who knows if the formula is still the same but its the only posted basis from a funzio employee that we have to go by at the moment.

Going off of this formula, if you don't have any defense buildings in your hood your defense against robberies are basically cut in half.

Ourpalace
06-18-2012, 11:40 AM
If you add all your points to attack, you can attack and raid people with muck high defence

sexkitteh
06-18-2012, 11:52 AM
Did you have somebody attack you and tell you the actual figure? That's the only way to really tell, from what I've read, that you can figure out your true defense.

If the guys has terrible stats, then he either dumped all his skill points into attack, has an attack boosting item or two, or has cheated his way to stat points.

I think you need to answer this...

+10000000

cookie monster
06-18-2012, 11:57 AM
Some where it was said that when you get robbed you use half of your weapon defence and all of your building defence and when some one fights you you use all of your weapon defence and half of your building defence. Then you got the other players skill pionts you dont see that could make the differance. A good way is buy defence weapons and defence buildings.

I could be wrong, but I believe you have that backward. It's all weapon defense and you're initial (lvl 1) bldg defense plus half of their upgraded values.

PawnXIIX
06-18-2012, 03:29 PM
There's a lot of occasions where I find rivals who spammed defense buildings all over there hood ending up with a defense several thousands over my head. The rob result turns up that I have double of their actual defense.

Actual defense != Displayed defense.

Get somebody to find you on the rival list and attack you and screenshot the result page. That will tell you the actual defense your mob has. Something tells me that your actual defense is not 11k higher than his actual attack.

This is a game of smoke and mirrors ;P

M00nsh1n3
06-18-2012, 03:37 PM
I think you need to answer this...

+10000000

YES! That's how I know my true def

MajorOffensive
06-18-2012, 04:15 PM

How the game works: Player A works tirelessly to build up a good stock of decent weapons. Player B buys poor-investment gold weapons, has half of Player A's defense as attack, and still wins because the game just isn't fun if you can successfully defend against robberies.

There's a lot of occasions where I find rivals who spammed defense buildings all over there hood ending up with a defense several thousands over my head. The rob result turns up that I have double of their actual defense.

Actual defense != Displayed defense.

Get somebody to find you on the rival list and attack you and screenshot the result page. That will tell you the actual defense your mob has. Something tells me that your actual defense is not 11k higher than his actual attack.

This is a game of smoke and mirrors ;P

There are a lot of occasions where I find I am attacked or robbed by a player with about 10k less attack than my actual defense. Yes, I had someone tell me what it was. The truth is that there are three things that can happen when you are attacked multiple times: you win them all, you lose them all, some of both (read: almost guaranteed 50/50). All you need to hit that last category is half-assed stats and a financially unattractive set of buildings. Nothing to lose.

PawnXIIX
06-18-2012, 06:30 PM
Then at the end of the day it comes down to skill points if you already know your actual defense and he is still beating you. There's people now who doubled or even tripled their original points because of the event weapons :/

As well as there are also people who are now using illicit means to earn skill points which they dump all of into attack/defense *facepalm*

Rodimus
06-18-2012, 06:49 PM

Now that's wassup!

MajorOffensive
06-18-2012, 07:48 PM
Then at the end of the day it comes down to skill points if you already know your actual defense and he is still beating you. There's people now who doubled or even tripled their original points because of the event weapons :/

As well as there are also people who are now using illicit means to earn skill points which they dump all of into attack/defense *facepalm*

Unlikely they have that overwhelming an advantage in skill points, especially when they don't have the attack boosting weapons. It's not like I haven't put anything into defense, either. This has been happening since long before the events came around. It's just how the PvP is designed.

Zendfrim
06-19-2012, 01:14 PM
Defense needs to be completely reworked in this game, starting with the immediate disclosure of actual defense stats to both robberies and direct attacks. Right now your defense must be double your attackers attack at LEAST and most times THAT isn't even enough.

And this BS about collecting on time as the ultimate defense, I want to hear what you guys have to say about people robbing buildings that ARE NOT up for collection. Ultimate defense, yeah right. I have been robbed between collections more times than I can count. Yes, I have talked with support on the matter and they are "investigating."

fuzzy
06-19-2012, 02:54 PM
@zendfrim

When I know you have 2 level 5 night clubs and you show up on my rivals list I check your hood every single time. I think I got 1 once 2 days ago while the other one was upgrading. Stop collecting so good to share your wealth.

So your defense is your good collection or other wise I would have got more after I stumbled upon your hood?

Zendfrim
06-19-2012, 06:07 PM
Well fuzz master, the bug doesn't seem to be affecting me like it did two weeks ago, I can say that. And yes, I do watch my clubs closer now than before. Got some defensive jumps planned out, so your jobs gonna get harder.

Always a pleasure to get a visit from someone on the forums. Level 5 is only the start my friend.