PDA

View Full Version : Tire Box Event - Box Drop Rates Nerfed

AppleMacGuy
06-17-2012, 02:41 AM
There's been much speculation about the drop rates during this event and now that we're into the last 24 hours of this event I feel comfortably able to surmise that the box drop rate was nerfed by around 50% for this event...I'm sitting on 156 at the mo and I know that in the past I've had 300+ by now...there have been enough events to make that statement with 100% certainty, especially as I've opened far fewer this time around also.

I think they've been trying some A/B split testing on us again...how do players react when boxes are scarce, i.e. let's test if they will they use more gold...no science of rocket needed to reach that conclusion lmao :p

No change on the drop rate for the Tires themeseves as far as I can see from playing on 2 accounts, main one with some gold and got 10, other using free cash option and on 9.

PS I don't think there's been an official statement on this despite many comments on the decreased drop rate?

outbackhat
06-17-2012, 02:48 AM
I got what I usually get considering I was one of the people who it took 2 days for event to start and have opened normal 30-40 boxes. Going to finish with extra again, haven't been fight as much this event so not taking as many from other people.

PawnXIIX
06-17-2012, 03:07 AM
I'm sitting on 156 at the mo and I know that in the past I've had 300+ by now

Yeah now I have 30 when I normally have upwards of 150. It's mostly due to the fact that since the drop rate was lower, we're going to get less from PVP. At least in my case. The fewer other people have the fewer I can steal...

This is the most attempts I've had at an event though, despite the nerf. I welcome the change, there's no point in haveing 300 boxes if we're only going to attempt 100 or so without spending gold.

AppleMacGuy
06-17-2012, 03:27 AM
Yeah now I have 30 when I normally have upwards of 150. It's mostly due to the fact that since the drop rate was lower, we're going to get less from PVP. At least in my case. The fewer other people have the fewer I can steal...

This is the most attempts I've had at an event though, despite the nerf. I welcome the change, there's no point in haveing 300 boxes if we're only going to attempt 100 or so without spending gold.

But there was some talk (nothing official IIRC) a while ago that we get a chance to trade the left over boxes from previous events for some goodies? We already know that they're being treated as hidden inventory items with 0/0/ stats.

Fig O Ni
06-17-2012, 03:36 AM
I'll put my mortgage payment, that there is something fishy going on with this event.

I am know to speculate but if someone logs on from conzio to disprove that theory at 12am pst time.

My conclusion is that it is broken and broken well and good.

We get at least 5-10 people on the forum as free player getting 10 on every event with over 24h remaining in the event.

I have heard no free player with it and some saying they dropped 1500 gold and were on 8 and ended on 8.

I say lets have a party and forget about it.

Crime City Mark
06-17-2012, 03:53 AM
I have not been informed of any changes to drop rate. I know that the 10th item can drop.

As for trading items in, it wasn't the boxes, but the gems. That is still being worked on as far as I know.

Feng1234
06-17-2012, 04:00 AM
Seriously, no big deal. We still get enough to open.

But completely off topic, Mark, can someone please answer my support ticket? Been sitting there for over a week now. If that's the norm, then fine but could someone please let us know what's the general service standard times?

PawnXIIX
06-17-2012, 04:01 AM
I have not been informed of any changes to drop rate. I know that the 10th item can drop.

Unless people are doctoring photos i believed it was possible, but the drop rate must be equivalent to hitting a royal flush in poker. And when you say trading items and boxes, are you talking about the rockets and the RPG crates that were in our inventories?

I'd love to get the 10th item...but honestly i'd be even more happy settling for 9 right now :P

Olly1
06-17-2012, 04:16 AM
Think there's some overlapping on the drop rate of the crates and the open rate of the crates being talked about here.

The drop rate I think has decreased. I only pvp and used to get a guaranteed box from another player in 2-3 attacks. I just attacked a player 10 times and didn't get a single box (he told me I could attack him to get his tire box as he had loads of them). That's been happening all event, really low drop rate. That's based on pvp and my own experience.

Tissues
06-17-2012, 04:36 AM
Well the 10th item dont even work,
so i wont go all mad trying to get it..
I have noticed the drop in boxes today to be precise like what AMG said..
I suppose that One would need to PvP nearer the end to obtain boxes..
Like what you said AMG that you have almost 300 by the time end..
Not required by yourself but others need them boxes
and in 300 boxes their must be a few event items which would be others 9th or 10th item..
Thus Funz are probably trying to spread the numbers so mo peeps get the top end event item..
But i give a monkeys as i got mines.. All events are trail and error, learn from the mistakes..

JuSt.SiCk
06-17-2012, 04:50 AM
Same here, got arround 200 rocket crates left in my inventory. This time i got arround 40 boxes. PVE and PVP dont drop that much boxes this event.

AppleMacGuy
06-17-2012, 05:12 AM

As for trading items in, it wasn't the boxes, but the gems. That is still being worked on as far as I know.

Thanks for the feedback...really appreciate it! Ah, OK it was gems...look forward to hearing what that will be offered!

On the drop rate...it definitely has decreased substantially...we have plenty of anecdotal evidence from players, so I stand by my earlier comments.

Swingle007
06-17-2012, 05:35 AM
Yep, they've definitely dropped significantly. I usually have around 200 at the end of events and I'm sitting with waaaaay less then that on this one for the first time. It's a noticeable difference for sure. I used to get one nearly every time I did my current green arrow goal in an area, and now it's sometimes 4 or 5 hits before I finally get one, and all my energy is eaten up to do so. I've had many times in the past I've gotten 5 or 6 crates over the course of 10 attacks on an enemy, and this time I've been lucky to get 1 or 2. Same thing when I've been attacked as well, as I think the most crates I've lost to an attacker has been 2 at any one time. Obviously a lot of people complained about having all their boxes stolen etc. and it was nerfed. I guess drop rates for them when doing goals was as well. Would be so nice if we were made aware of such drastic changes ahead of time.

I'm with Apple on this one....there's absolutely no doubt in my mind that things have changed and nobody will make me believe otherwise.

enahs1
06-17-2012, 05:35 AM
I have three times as many boxes. I usually have 50, but I have 150+ now

Dr Girlfriend
06-17-2012, 05:46 AM
There's been much speculation about the drop rates during this event and now that we're into the last 24 hours of this event I feel comfortably able to surmise that the box drop rate was nerfed by around 50% for this event...I'm sitting on 156 at the mo and I know that in the past I've had 300+ by now...there have been enough events to make that statement with 100% certainty, especially as I've opened far fewer this time around also.

I have 124 right now which is close enough to average for me, although I have noticed that you aren't taking them five at a clip from me. Lol!

AppleMacGuy
06-17-2012, 05:58 AM
I have 124 right now which is close enough to average for me, although I have noticed that you aren't taking them five at a clip from me. Lol!

hah hah...yeah, it seems I'm taking 1/2 on average from 10 hits as opposed to 3/4 during PvP.

ruffy
06-17-2012, 06:04 AM

mark u always seems to push the responsibility away... as if you weren't part of the decision maker at all... what a load of b**l*hi*

aint you one of the key members of this company? or ever since funzio was bought, you were demoted?

AppleMacGuy
06-17-2012, 06:09 AM
mark u always seems to push the responsibility away... as if you weren't part of the decision maker at all... what a load of b**l*hi*

aint you one of the key members of this company? or ever since funzio was bought, you were demoted?

Don't assume anything about CC Mark's position in Funzio...since when has he ever stated where he is in the hierarchy? And I think you're being very harsh here...CC Mark has given a fair response...if he goes away and clarifies it for sure then that would be ideal. There have been many, many instances where CCM has clarified things to us...be grateful for it. We always want more of course but what's new...

No Funzio employee wants or should make an explicit statement which we thern interpret as gospel only for the employee have to eat humble pie when they find out they assumed wrong...

erik
06-17-2012, 07:08 AM
I am in agreement on the rate of box accumulation as someone who utilizes 95%+ of possible daily Goodfella energy/stamina.

Max Power
06-17-2012, 07:22 AM
Yup, got 30 boxes in the bank, normally have well over 100.

dudeman
06-17-2012, 07:47 AM
http://i1059.photobucket.com/albums/t440/ShredderBoris/fde521e4.jpg

When I get attacked I only lose 1 tire box, 2 at the most. In the past I have been able to lose at least 5 when a rival takes me for 10 wins.

Drop rates are definitely nerfed for some but not all, as is made clear by the fact that I will finish the event with 400+ boxes.

Olly1
06-17-2012, 09:06 AM
Ok well I've attacked a player with 53 boxes 20 times. Out of the 20 only 1 tire box dropped. That's much less than usual. I've reverted to pve which seems to be dropping quite well.

Max Power
06-17-2012, 03:48 PM

When I get attacked I only lose 1 tire box, 2 at the most. In the past I have been able to lose at least 5 when a rival takes me for 10 wins.

Drop rates are definitely nerfed for some but not all, as is made clear by the fact that I will finish the event with 400+ boxes.

Funzio has always singled you out, as you have made apparent here.

OG Kush
06-17-2012, 04:48 PM
I was wondering about this. I had to use over 50 stamina to get 1 box. That or have to use energy which makes me level up fast! Which I do not want. Not ready for the big guys yet.

dudeman
06-17-2012, 05:05 PM
I was wondering about this. I had to use over 50 stamina to get 1 box. That or have to use energy which makes me level up fast! Which I do not want. Not ready for the big guys yet.

Not ready my foot. :p Seriously though, the majority of "the big guys" have spent several thousand on gold. If you're not planning to match that you will never be "ready". For every player with monster stats there are several with average or below average stats.

Conzio is probably just tweaking the way events work. If they ever plan to increase the level cap there will need to be more players in the higher levels, and a good way to make that happen is to force XP on people by making event boxes more difficult to get. Why everyone doesn't experience this is a mystery to me though, all I know is that the only thing different for me this event are the increased amount of fail to open streaks. In past events my number of fails isn't much lower, but they didn't usually come in waves of 8-14 consecutively.

Eyelusion
06-17-2012, 06:08 PM

That's crazy...mine are way down and I'm doing nothing different. I usually end an event with 160 to a little over 200 boxes left. This event, I only have 52 boxes with not even 6 hours left.

Whoever is running these event Beta tests is really screwing around with our drop rates and open success rates.

7rs60
06-17-2012, 06:34 PM
But there was some talk (nothing official IIRC) a while ago that we get a chance to trade the left over boxes from previous events for some goodies? We already know that they're being treated as hidden inventory items with 0/0/ stats.

Hidden? Mine are sitting right there in my inventory.

PawnXIIX
06-17-2012, 07:00 PM

He's referring to the RPG crates and the RPGs that are currently visible in your loot tab with 0/0 stats.

The data keeps track of how many items you have and boxes you have ever since the first event, but most of them are not visible even though they are there. It just so happens that the RPG crates/RPGs were visible.

AppleMacGuy
06-18-2012, 12:04 AM

I meant all the items/boxes from previous events...the one's that are showing up are just a mistake cos someone in admin forgot to set the hidden flag on those items.