PDA

View Full Version : I'm back! I'm gone....

Burn
06-16-2012, 02:38 AM
Hi folks, long time no speak :/

My forced absence made me realise a few things, 1 that i was having more fun on the forum than in the game, 2 that from the position of only being able to read for a few days, that the forum is 80% BS, and 3 what I already knew but didn't want to aknowledge, the game is a complete exercise in futility.

I guess I'm owe CCM a thx for giving me the week of cold turkey that allowed me to quit his drug.

So final few words and I'm outta here...

Thanks to those that made my time in the game and on the forum memorable...

Nicholost and his band of merry camping economists for their regular contribution of stats and spreadsheets - without them it would have been impossible for so many people to abandon gameplay in exchange for future gain - not since someone invented the concept of life after death have so many peope been convinced to sacrifice all of their todays for a better tomorrow. I hope at least 1 of you makes it to the promised land - because people are waiting to rob you ;)

OK, seriously, genuine props to the above mentioned, they've worked hard and given much, the community should be appreciative. Likewise for anyone who has contributed content or commentary of worth - kudos to you.

Rat Catchers, you are my peeps, much love. JoeyCool, and the new Capos, it's on you now to keep the Catchers catching - beat those parasitical leechers down daily.

Again more seriously, to everyone that took part in Rat Catching, big up yourself, we created a game within a game, and had a far bigger impact, on far more walls, and on far more players, than any player co-op or gang before or since.

Lastly, massive props to those here on the forums who earned my respect for their honesty, integrity, and for always having the balls to call things as they see them, without compromise - Max Power, Fig Oni, Dravak, Dillinja - the world needs more people who can cut through the bull and tell it how it is. Don't ever stop doing that.

Burn. Out. Peace.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7x9o0qd-rSY/TYBFPnHzbtI/AAAAAAAAAtY/FDYzo0B8fcI/s1600/man-walking-away-on-lonely-road.jpg

eka6484
06-16-2012, 02:43 AM
Goodbye and good luck it was nice to "meet" you! Shame, you were one of the nicest people on here and in game :(

Nudie
06-16-2012, 02:47 AM
Dangit! Another Burn-out.
Peace bro and all the best. Congrats on winning the game. We'll miss you.

koralene
06-16-2012, 02:54 AM
Good luck burn... sorry to see you go hun :)

QPR
06-16-2012, 02:55 AM
Won't say what it looks like that bloke is doing with his back turned.....

Laters

k0de
06-16-2012, 03:03 AM
Dangit! Another Burn-out.
Peace bro and all the best. Congrats on winning the game. We'll miss you.
lol I was about to say the same thing pretty much word-for-word.

Actually, I kinda suspected that you'd won when I discovered one less on my Friends list and couldn't see your name there. Well, looks like you get your life back then- good for you!

enahs1
06-16-2012, 03:14 AM
Awwwww, your leaving... I just hit the 100s and was looking forward to hunting rats with you. Thanks for your contributions to this forum (especially rat catching). Good luck in real life and we will miss you.

fuzzy
06-16-2012, 03:55 AM
Whatever.....walk away

No wait I got something to say to you, so come back here.

I'm pissed off at you...

So for the last2 or 3months all you did was push and push to get the shark pool. Now that you got into the shark pool you are walking away? I guess the pickle was to much for you. I just never thought of you as someone to walk away when the heat got to hot.

Maybe you "Burnt" yourself out with all of the attacking you did? Maybe you should have camped and take it easy here or there. You of all people said that campers would quit before you would.

Maybe the IPH event made you that mad that you were wrong because campers won at something and you did not, when you thought it was robbery event.

Ok that's of my chest.....

Burn I really do appreciate everything you brought to the forum / all respect from me......your different views and passion you had for the game. Just wished you would have kept the passion a little longer.

Peace Out.

Dr BoneCrusher
06-16-2012, 03:57 AM
Winning isn't everything it's the only thing, all of us are going to win some day so, let's have fun in the game and on the forum. Thanks Burn you did have fun

Spartacus
06-16-2012, 04:19 AM
Thanks for the memories Burn! Hope you had a great experience! You will be missed...

Max Power
06-16-2012, 07:03 AM
Thanks Burn, you provided a lot of fun.

Cheers!

jobadass
06-16-2012, 07:08 AM
See you Burn! Nice 'knowin' you man.
Sorry to see you go.

cookie monster
06-16-2012, 07:19 AM
Hi folks, long time no speak :/

My forced absence made me realise a few things, 1 that i was having more fun on the forum than in the game, 2 that from the position of only being able to read for a few days, that the forum is 80% BS, and 3 what I already knew but didn't want to aknowledge, the game is a complete exercise in futility.

I guess I'm owe CCM a thx for giving me the week of cold turkey that allowed me to quit his drug.

So final few words and I'm outta here...

Thanks to those that made my time in the game and on the forum memorable...

Nicholost and his band of merry camping economists for their regular contribution of stats and spreadsheets - without them it would have been impossible for so many people to abandon gameplay in exchange for future gain - not since someone invented the concept of life after death have so many peope been convinced to sacrifice all of their todays for a better tomorrow. I hope at least 1 of you makes it to the promised land - because people are waiting to rob you ;)

OK, seriously, genuine props to the above mentioned, they've worked hard and given much, the community should be appreciative. Likewise for anyone who has contributed content or commentary of worth - kudos to you.

Rat Catchers, you are my peeps, much love. JoeyCool, and the new Capos, it's on you now to keep the Catchers catching - beat those parasitical leechers down daily.

Again more seriously, to everyone that took part in Rat Catching, big up yourself, we created a game within a game, and had a far bigger impact, on far more walls, and on far more players, than any player co-op or gang before or since.

Lastly, massive props to those here on the forums who earned my respect for their honesty, integrity, and for always having the balls to call things as they see them, without compromise - Max Power, Fig Oni, Dravak, Dillinja - the world needs more people who can cut through the bull and tell it how it is. Don't ever stop doing that.

Burn. Out. Peace.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7x9o0qd-rSY/TYBFPnHzbtI/AAAAAAAAAtY/FDYzo0B8fcI/s1600/man-walking-away-on-lonely-road.jpg

nice post. Good life. Good luck.

iteachem
06-16-2012, 07:21 AM
Good Luck

http://youtu.be/XjzrJy2yJvw

Ramshutu
06-16-2012, 07:36 AM
Good Luck Burn.

Can someone play the walking away song from the incredible hulk?

iteachem
06-16-2012, 07:43 AM
Good Luck Burn.

Can someone play the walking away song from the incredible hulk?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czDZumeBX2U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czDZumeBX2U

Boom
06-16-2012, 07:57 AM
I'm offended.

iteachem
06-16-2012, 08:19 AM
I'm offended.

why? ten characters

Boom
06-16-2012, 08:30 AM
He didn't mention my name!

mnju_03
06-16-2012, 09:25 AM
Nobody likes a quitter.

Love you.

Swearengen
06-16-2012, 09:30 AM
See ya Burn, you kept the forum interesting.

As for your observations, while I agree with them, BUT WTF it is a game so lets keep playing :)

G Wiz
06-16-2012, 12:45 PM
Iyah!!

You were a good friend on forum bro...take care of your kids n wife and enjoy life after CC

Till we meet again!

Rodimus
06-16-2012, 12:45 PM
That's the way I would like to go out. Much respect, Burn.

Fig O Ni
06-16-2012, 12:56 PM
Burn.

How are you doing my man.

I am finding it very hard to reply to this thread.
I will need to lye and say good luck Burn, nice having you here, good luck in the future blah blah.

The truth is.

Hear that you decided to let mark win.
But why? he had a plan to stop the rat catcher movement and he succeeded.(IMHO)

Honestly we need you, carry on playing but don't spend real cash.
Hurt them that way.

Do make sure to keep in touch.
PM me your email or take mines.

I know you ended your post with peace but mi want war!!

http://tinyurl.com/y93ohro

You've got to give respect to get respect
Don't no try to disrespect. In no aspect.

Love you Burn, my brother in arms.

Joeycool
06-16-2012, 04:17 PM
Take care my friend.

You were one of the good guy.

I'll miss you.

Swifty
06-16-2012, 06:51 PM
Best wishes to you.

FatDaz
06-17-2012, 04:21 AM
All the best my friend

Jill
06-17-2012, 08:23 AM
Just popped in to see what you all were up to and I felt I needed to say bye to you Burns.

You are one of only a few that the forum will miss badly, (you deserve more than 28 replies, thats for sure) take care and good luck in the future. Hope you had a great fathers day, not having to worry about events or collections, lol. Bye Burn.

Swearengen
06-17-2012, 09:08 AM
I think the low replies is more to do with everyone getting used to folks dropping off the map. Burn will be missed.

erik
06-17-2012, 09:38 AM
Burn, thanks for your contributions. Rat Catching and its spirited presentation made the game more enjoyable for many of us. (Especially low level or anonymous rats ;) )

Best of luck to you.

dudeman
06-17-2012, 11:49 AM
Take care B. Your willingness to call it like it is will be missed.

Amber_
06-17-2012, 12:05 PM
You can't leave! There's still a lot of rats to mess with, and we need you!

Twinkie
06-20-2012, 02:18 PM
Like Jill said, you deserve so much more than the 30 odd replies.

We have come a long way buddy. You were here when I first joined forum, totally not fair ya leaving before me. What happened to the motto "We play together, we end together"? :p Thanks for welcoming me to forum when I came on 6 months ago. Through it all you've contributed so much to this than you ever known. It's the ideas, the beliefs, even the revolution in "Rat Catching" that will forever carry on. Thanks for being honest and upfront about who you are, without hiding it behind some entity. Your posts are always one of the best to read. Lastly, thanks for sticking by me through my various ranting threads. We believe in the same ideal, having the guts to call out things the way we see them, without hesistation or bias. There are alot of people who share that same ideal, it's unfortunate you never level high enough to meet them. They were all waiting for you.

"I see the world differently. I see it my way, but to me it makes perfect sense". I know a great guy with this philosophy, it's sad you never get to meet him. You guys would be the perfect pals =)

Peace. Out. Homie. I'll see ya soon.

Joeycool
06-20-2012, 04:56 PM
"I see the world differently. I see it my way, but to me it makes perfect sense". I know a great guy with this philosophy, it's sad you never get to meet him. You guys would be the perfect pals =)

They knew each other Twinks! ;)

And they were friends!

NotHappyatU
06-20-2012, 05:48 PM
Burns gone, Twinkies leaving soon, Joeys going too? Bring back M4 and DD so everyone stay. Forum oldies are out like Swiss cheese.....mmmmm.....cheeeseeeeeee...anyone?

emcee
06-21-2012, 12:25 AM
Sorry to hear about your departure.
Hopefully its temporary. Enjoy the summer and maybe we will see you in the fall.

Cheers

Vile Lynn
08-03-2012, 08:43 AM
Very late to the farewell party, but......

Dam.mit Burn! Who's gonna love to attack me now??

I even mobbed up over 500 so you could complete your TL Goals (well, not really, but I wanted to do TL before they got cancelled or whatever) lol, I actually miss you... scary thought!

Take care, Burn... you'll always be a legend here.

Swifty
08-03-2012, 09:48 AM
@Violin

Better late than never.

Vile Lynn
08-03-2012, 11:10 AM
@Violin

Better late than never.

Cha! And I take pride in my punctuality!

Oh well. It is sad to see some leave, ya'know. I think I would quit if I knew what to do with all my free time.

I don't blame Burn for leaving since I think his wife asked him to be with his family more during the summertime. I fully respect that & I'm impressed. If my husband asked me to quit, no matter the reason, I would delete the app in a heartbeat, no question. (but I'm glad he hasn't asked... yet.)

Joeycool
08-03-2012, 05:28 PM
I hear he may be back:cool:

Paulio
08-03-2012, 05:54 PM

That would be most excellent.

Vile Lynn
08-03-2012, 06:09 PM

.......eep!

Boom
08-03-2012, 06:11 PM
I'm gone! I'm back.... Thread would be nice

Vile Lynn
08-03-2012, 06:16 PM
I'm gone! I'm back.... Thread would be nice

lmao! I feel one coming.

Nudie
08-03-2012, 08:08 PM
Yeah, he's back. Many try to leave but none get away. Eventually they all come back. CC is like a black hole. Sucking all our life and our time and our $$$.

Dillinja
08-03-2012, 08:21 PM
He's back...the jock with a fondant for rats and Tennents Extra is recruiting again.
Good to have you back William Wallace ;)

mnju_03
08-03-2012, 08:41 PM
I'm excited... :)

iteachem
08-04-2012, 01:06 AM
.....Nice...good to have him back

Swifty
08-04-2012, 06:07 PM
+1 Nudie

What he said.

Nudie
08-04-2012, 07:14 PM
+1 Nudie

What he said.

+1 Swifty, I totally agree :p

Ziva
08-05-2012, 03:07 PM
OMG! Burn, are you really back? This game and forum wasn't the same without you; I missed you! :o

mnju_03
08-05-2012, 04:25 PM
OMG! Burn, are you really back? This game and forum wasn't the same without you; I missed you! :o

Get a room..... ;)

Boom
08-07-2012, 08:59 AM
lmao! I feel one coming.You felt right.