PDA

View Full Version : Double Open Glitch??

andymac106
06-15-2012, 07:41 PM
Okay so I waited until the timer counted down until 00:00 and then I opened with cash. I got a sorry:( But then the options didn't go away! So I attempted to open another one but free and anther sorry but that is unimportant. I got 2 opens in 10 seconds without spending any gold. Has anyone else had this happen to them?

:marine:
06-15-2012, 07:42 PM
It happend to me a couple of times

andymac106
06-15-2012, 07:43 PM
It happend to me a couple of times

So it's a regular thing?

JohnnyR
06-15-2012, 08:02 PM
I've never heard of the second attempt being succesful. Anyone have a story there?

Yeah, it's been discussed a few times. Funny enough it was bigflan who brought this to my attention, lol.

stricker
06-15-2012, 08:04 PM
So it's a regular thing?

...make that, it WAS, after the dev gods read this!!! ;p

...until then, be very careful if you have gold though... i've discovered that it is an easy way to hit the reset too!!! hahaha

JohnnyR
06-15-2012, 08:07 PM
...make that, it WAS, after the dev gods read this!!! ;p

...until then, be very careful if you have gold though... i've discovered that it is an easy way to hit the reset too!!! hahaha

Flan has already reported this, lol. Tried to get gold for it.....

bigflan
06-15-2012, 08:09 PM
Flan has already reported this, lol. Tried to get gold for it.....I got a response form Crime city mark he said this would be passed to engineers no gold reward but meh whatever

andymac106
06-15-2012, 08:13 PM
Flan has already reported this, lol. Tried to get gold for it.....

So much for him doing it out the kindness in his heart

RedLabit
06-16-2012, 01:24 AM
Got this happened to me before. I think that's because during the first open, your device is unable to sync with the server, due to poor network connection. That would registered as a failed open.
But you are given a second chance because the server did not register an open in your first try. Hence you are given a second chance to open again.

spectra
06-16-2012, 01:43 AM
I've never heard of the second attempt being succesful. Anyone have a story there?

Yeah, it's been discussed a few times. Funny enough it was bigflan who brought this to my attention, lol.

Yes, it is a glitch in the system, I have like a 65%/35% 5% of the time it opens in the second try) getting something in the "second" try, I have even gotten event parts, or 1.25m cash, but it does not happen alot
My experience is I get about 3-5 glitches per event

manbeast
06-16-2012, 12:04 PM
i had this happen. pushed medium open about 20 times in a row. didnt pay attention to see if it took $94k every time or not. kept getting sorry. ended up being that i didnt even have a crate!! it got taken from me moments before and my device was lagging i guess

cheiz
06-16-2012, 12:08 PM
Once received the "sorry" screen and when I clodes that I immediately received a unit. Figured I just received the wrong message. This happened only once though.

Tctiger
06-16-2012, 12:26 PM
I have too but not sure if really got another try or just a repeat glitch , also spent gold to reset when I picked my phone up and got a sorry too .

Poopenshire
06-16-2012, 01:06 PM
I have had this almost every event usually 3 or 4 different times. I have gotten as many as 3 successful opens I. A row once. I have even had failed opens, when I came back an hour later I had another part added. This is real for sure, I am proof.

Ramshutu
06-16-2012, 01:13 PM
Generally, all the really important stuff is done server side. However, the client app does a lot of stuff on its own which gets communicated to the server later. It is a notoriously difficult thing to keep a client and server synchronised when both can register independent operations.

I've had this a few times, but unlike poopenshire, I've not managed ever to get an item, or any successful opens. Before I read poopenshires post, I suspected that the server is set up to report a 'fail' whenever there is sn item is opened in the cool off time.

Saying that, if the Poopster is correct, this maybe more complicated....

Poopenshire
06-16-2012, 01:22 PM
I will attempt to get a video or screen caps on the next one. Usually I get defensive cannons and ghost hounds. Only once during the 2 or 3rd event did I get a part. Once and a while I get valor and or money, but the units are the most common.

Lt. Falcon
06-16-2012, 01:42 PM
it's happened to me in prior events. One time I got six opens in less than a minute 5 sorry's and ended up getting sea propellor on sixth try.