PDA

View Full Version : Surveillance Centre

Sasha54
06-15-2012, 08:09 AM
is it any good?

200K for 40 defense

I know the whole thing about defense buildings but I do see a lot of people that have this one.

Currently I am upgrading all of my gattlings to level 2 - I think that made more sense but just wondered about this one for future.

sexkitteh
06-15-2012, 08:15 AM
I think the defense buildings are all good - it's just a matter of how much space you have and how much space you are willing to sacrifice...

How big is that building? Cause I cannot buy it yet...

It looks like it's a 4x4? Which would mean that 1 building at 40def could be 4 gats at 100def

correct me if I'm wrong?

Swifty
06-15-2012, 08:16 AM
It takes up a lot of space, does not contribute much to your defense, but gives your hood an interesting appearance.

Sasha54
06-15-2012, 08:18 AM
I think the defense buildings are all good - it's just a matter of how much space you have and how much space you are willing to sacrifice...

How big is that building? Cause I cannot buy it yet...

It looks like it's a 4x4? Which would mean that 1 building at 40def could be 4 gats at 100def

That's not the general consensus around here - there are numerous posts on the inflated value of defense buildings - that's why I don't have very many and stopped buying them once I found that out.

other than gattlings and missile turrets that is...........

sexkitteh
06-15-2012, 08:20 AM
inflated value of defense buildings?

What do you mean? I'm lost here... maybe I missed something...

Are you saying the base defense isn't really the base defense?

Mavado
06-15-2012, 08:39 AM

Gatlings and turrets 50 of each upto level 2...buildings especially gold ones aint worth horse poop

Sasha54
06-15-2012, 08:39 AM

there are many threads on the subject - and many opinions - but in a nutshell - YES - it isn't really a true value.

here's one thread - also you should use White Frog's spreadsheet to determine where you really are in terms of what your funzio stats show

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?15058-Effect-of-Def-buildings-and-skill-points-against-rob-atk-by-Guru-Peacock-again..lol

don't know what level it opens up at - but probably in the 90's or so - it's the third last one I think

sexkitteh
06-15-2012, 08:41 AM
hmmmm... interesting...

I knew that leveling them wasn't worth it - but I didn't realize the base value wasn't true.

I still want to get 1 bodyguard building though... it just looks so badass...

nopenopenope
06-15-2012, 08:47 AM
After learning the true base values of any building at their level, the formula then turns to this (last mentioned by wf):

Attack Defense = 50% EFFECTIVE defense from buildings + 100% defense from equipment + defense skill point allocation x multiplier (unique to level) + random element

Robbery Defense = 100% EFFECTIVE defense from buildings + 100% defense from equipment + defense skill point allocation x multiplier (unique to level) + random element

Defense from equipment is no longer halved for robberies!!!

Max Power
06-15-2012, 10:21 AM
After learning the true base values of any building at their level, the formula then turns to this (last mentioned by wf):

Attack Defense = 50% EFFECTIVE defense from buildings + 100% defense from equipment + defense skill point allocation x multiplier (unique to level) + random element

Robbery Defense = 100% EFFECTIVE defense from buildings + 100% defense from equipment + defense skill point allocation x multiplier (unique to level) + random element

I have over 60K defense, probably 8k of that in buildings, and I recently have had people in the low 30s be able to rob me. I'm not buyin it.

Luciferianism
06-15-2012, 10:31 AM
http://crimecityios.wikia.com/wiki/Defense_Buildings

Babytway
06-15-2012, 11:15 AM
i think the surveilance center is a goal. but not really sure i know i have one but not sure why i brought it

joaquim
06-15-2012, 11:16 AM
I don't have one and I don't plan on getting one either. The only defense buildings that I'll put in my hood are turrets and those are only gonna go in the spaces where nothing else will fit because I'd like to have the rest of that space for money buildings.

Babytway
06-15-2012, 11:18 AM

i know this isn't accurate at all because im still robbing people with high defense than my attack.

nopenopenope
06-15-2012, 12:28 PM
i know this isn't accurate at all because im still robbing people with high defense than my attack.

@Max/Babytway, let's hope WF isn't using this in his spreadsheet then!

@Lucifer: that link is outdated, and shows fake stats.