PDA

View Full Version : McDoc's Guide to EVENT Success

Dreno33
06-15-2012, 06:28 AM
Ok, this guy is amazing! He has gotten the 10th prize 8 for 8 of the events thus far!

Crazy, right?! Well, he has a strategy for that. He has now posted his strategy up in the MW forum and I couldn't resist not sharing his amazing success. Ok, here we go!

(Author: McDoc ~ Original Thread: Clicky (http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?35884-Event-Strategy-for-those-who-wanna-know-ow-it-s-done-)))

STEP ONE
OPEN as MANY crates as possible in the 1st 12 hours! That seems to be the sweetest spot to successfully open them! So the 1st question I see on the threads is "Where are you finding boxes?" - "I can't find any boxes".

So in order to get the boxes this early, you HAVE to do massive PvE missions. If you have a big bank of energy, then choose your favorite place to Farm and GO for it! MW ONLY: I personally LOVE to farm AT's so I bash the hell out of the Amphibious Squad Leader for 94 energy each shot and he gives up a crate about every 8 to 10 shots (plus I get an AT 100% of the time). On one of the events, I was desperate for boxes and killed the Desert Leader on the 1st Map for like 1000 FREE Desert Soldiers and a box about every 8 to 10! Trust me - those Desert Soldiers came in handy later when I was dropping massive units in the PvP event and I didn't give a Spit that I was losing 2 to 3 every battle!

SO - in order to prepare for the PvE cram - you gotta be willing to spend some Gold on Energy Refills! I usually buy a $99 full load of Gold at the beginning of an event - BUT yo don't have to - if you're checking your TapJoy every hour, there are certain offers that "re-appear" on a frequent basis that can allow you to get around 10 free Gold a Day (or more) just to watch a 25 second video. There are others that just require to you install and run an app (delete it 30 seconds later if you want) BUT my point is that you can rack up a few hundred Gold from Tapjpy if you just CHECK every hour.

STEP TWO
As you get crates, OPEN them immediately with Timer resets during the first few hours of the event, or what I do is grind out 7 items and then back off to hourly opens when the timer runs out naturally and then maybe I will do 1 or 2 Timer Resets at that moment for kicks. I can usually get 5 OPENS in the first 30 minutes - and on THIS particular event, I stopped at 7 in the first half hour and have Gotten 2 more for a total of 9 Items in the first 3 hours! I usually keep a stock of GOLD on hand when it goes on sale JUST for these events (like my buddy WP and I know that he was able to get 5 Items in about 30 minutes then 2 more within an hour & at this moment, he was at 8 in the first 4 hours).

STEP THREE
Once you reach your set goal for the 1st 12 hours (hopefully 5 to 7) then seriously just back off and do the hourly opens. I choose to do it with Gold - but have randomly done the cash option for giggles and still gotten items. In fact, on the last event I got 3 of my items with cash

STEP FOUR
After the first 12 hours, you can just do your normal Mission opens and go on the hunt for Boxes/crates in PvP. A lot of people will have gotten crates after the 12 hours and you can now have a bounty of them piling up waiting for you to open. I usually end up with about 60 to 100 unopened crates at the end of events. I still do cash & free opens after I get my 10th Item (usually by the 3rd day) for the chance of $1.25 million, 500 Valor, or the semi-decent units that must have a very high casualty rate because I lose them by the end of the event anyway (and I have 48% stacked reduction in Lower casualty rate - BUT that is a different thread).

Anyway, I hope that helps you plan your attack strategy and I sincerely hope ALL of you get to the 10th Item THIS time and each event in the future! So keep everyone posting in one of the 6 threads that will pop up with each event to keep us all updated on your progress!
We're all rooting for everyone else here on the forums to Win Win Win!

P.S. Remember, McDoc is the proud owner of EVERY 10th Event Item!

Spartacus
06-15-2012, 06:32 AM
Great guide McDoc! Thanks for bringing this over to the CC forums, Dreno!

Got any advice for non gold spenders?

Swingle007
06-15-2012, 06:32 AM
That's exactly what I've been doing here on CC, and I think I've gotten 7 of the event end items so far. :-)

dudeman
06-15-2012, 06:35 AM
That can be summarized in two words:

Buy gold.

:rolleyes:

iteachem
06-15-2012, 06:50 AM

Buy gold.

Yup... proud owner of 3 wins with no gold....

dudeman
06-15-2012, 07:04 AM
Yup... proud owner of 3 wins with no gold....

I also have 3 wins without gold. Pathmaker, Bank Buster, Blackout RPG. I spent my last gold getting the Devil's Take Down (~360G, and then 150 for the Goodfella upgrade), and I spent 75G in OT to get the Loaded Dice. I got the Black Widow Shotgun and Golden Defense without gold too, but since we are talking about box events I'm not counting them here.

Buy gold and lots of it for a sure thing is how I read the OP though.

DenZ1
06-15-2012, 07:06 AM
I also have 3 wins without gold. Pathmaker, Bank Buster, Blackout RPG. I spent my last gold getting the Devil's Take Down (~360G, and then 150 for the Goodfella upgrade), and I spent 75G in OT to get the Loaded Dice. I got the Black Widow Shotgun and Golden Defense without gold too, but since we are talking about box events I'm not counting them here.

Buy gold and lots of it for a sure thing is how I read the OP though.

Not at all..

DenZ1
06-15-2012, 02:07 PM
This one has one real obvious flaw..
To get 6 items within an hour you would probably need about 10-12 boxes to be open.
Please tell me where the hell in the world you would get 10 boxes within 1 hour???? Especially considering new drop rates...
Not possible.

Swingle007
06-15-2012, 02:12 PM
You just do your current jobs/missions from the storyline with your energy until you have enough boxes to open. Gold fixes everything. Just spend 20g a pop to refill your energy meter another 1000 and go to work. Jobs are how I get my crates on day one as nobody has any to steal. Just use gold to do jobs and to pop boxes and there's no doubt you'd get 6 or 7 in a hurry.

DenZ1
06-15-2012, 02:13 PM
You just do your current jobs/missions from the storyline with your energy until you have enough boxes to open. Gold fixes everything. Just spend 20g a pop to refill your energy meter another 1000 and go to work. Jobs are how I get my crates on day one as nobody has any to steal. Just use gold to do jobs and to pop boxes and there's no doubt you'd get 6 or 7 in a hurry.

Sorry.. Missed that point. It was part of strategy..
My mistake..

madawgg
06-15-2012, 02:48 PM
hmmmm...I wonder what's the strategy for those who always have the event one day late??

rareay84
06-15-2012, 03:35 PM
Glad he's got better luck using gold to both reset timers AND refill energy. I hear people get ticked off spending gold to reset timers and don't end up with the 10th item.

I wonder though, if his "first 12 hours are the sweet spot" isn't due instead to higher probability event items coming from opening early crates, and dropping off as we approach the 10th sucessful crate...

Anyway, I have a lvl 10 from CC and a lvl 10 from MW. No gold spent on those events (other than accidentally resetting a timer that had only 3 minutes left on it [curses under breath].

cookie monster
06-15-2012, 06:29 PM

Buy gold.

An obscene amount of gold from that description. I was with him for awhile, too.

Me: First twelve hours... yeah, that makes sense. Buy energy refills? How many does he... Oh... he opens that many. Well, $100 per event.... That answers that question.

dudeman
06-15-2012, 06:47 PM
An obscene amount of gold from that description. I was with him for awhile, too.

Me: First twelve hours... yeah, that makes sense. Buy energy refills? How many does he... Oh... he opens that many. Well, $100 per event.... That answers that question.

I know, eh?! This could even go one step further and change the thread title to "Guide to Success in any Funzio Game".

cookie monster
06-15-2012, 06:51 PM
I know, eh?! This could even go one step further and change the thread title to "Guide to Success in any Funzio Game".

Why stop there? Guide to success in most things in life.

Step 1: Have lots of money.
Step 2: Spend it.
Step 3: Win.

KemoKidd
06-15-2012, 07:50 PM
What are PvE missions?

Eyelusion
06-15-2012, 07:53 PM
Why stop there? Guide to success in most things in life.

Step 1: Have lots of money.
Step 2: Spend it.
Step 3: Win.

Quoted for truth.

joaquim
06-15-2012, 08:24 PM
What are PvE missions?

It's where you do storyline missions.

Dreno33
06-15-2012, 09:34 PM
Those of you who are mocking the guide and saying the only way to get the 10th item is by gold, you have never spent any (maybe a bit of) gold on an event. Those who dump thousands of gold can still come out empty-handed just as easily as the others.

This guide is to prove how the first 12 hours are the most crucial for all players (free and gold) and if you are a gold spender, some better techniques to save on gold spend age.

rareay84
06-16-2012, 07:02 AM
I'm still thinking this whole "first 12 hours" notion is a bunch of hogwash. I'm still thinking it looks more like this. (I'm just pulling the percentages out of the air to illustrate the concept.)

Chances of obtaining an item from a sucessfully opened crate:
1st item: 60%
2nd item: 55%
3rd item: 50%
4th item: 45%
5th item: 40%
6th item: 35%
7th item: 30%
8th item: 10%
9th item: 5%
10th item: 1%

In other words, GuideBoy isn't succeeding during the first 12 hours because it's the first 12 hours, GuideBoy is succeeding during the first 12 hours because that's when he opens his first 7 crates successfully because it's easier to get the first 7 than the last 3.

I also figure the chances of getting the item (vs respect or cash or a unit or whatever) starts higher and gets lower.

balax
06-23-2012, 12:37 AM
I'm still thinking this whole "first 12 hours" notion is a bunch of hogwash. I'm still thinking it looks more like this. (I'm just pulling the percentages out of the air to illustrate the concept.)

Chances of obtaining an item from a sucessfully opened crate:
1st item: 60%
2nd item: 55%
3rd item: 50%
4th item: 45%
5th item: 40%
6th item: 35%
7th item: 30%
8th item: 10%
9th item: 5%
10th item: 1%

In other words, GuideBoy isn't succeeding during the first 12 hours because it's the first 12 hours, GuideBoy is succeeding during the first 12 hours because that's when he opens his first 7 crates successfully because it's easier to get the first 7 than the last 3.

I also figure the chances of getting the item (vs respect or cash or a unit or whatever) starts higher and gets lower.

I totaly agree, it isn't the first 12 hours it is the first 7 items that is easy to get
I think that 9th and 10th aren/t so difficult. I've used gold to get them but not that much