PDA

View Full Version : Question for iPad users

Sasha54
06-15-2012, 05:08 AM
So I didn't see the scratchers - I reloaded but still not there
Then someone told me there was an update - I am installing the update but for some reason it has been in the waiting stage for the last 20 minutes ......anyone experience that?

Now I can't use the game or cancel the update.

It's not a connection thing because I'm on it now....

iteachem
06-15-2012, 05:11 AM
Took a while to download for me but didn't get stuck in the waiting time.

Then again if everybody is suddenly downloading the update with the appearance of scratchers then maybe server issues

Dravak
06-15-2012, 05:12 AM
just press the loading then it will pause , and press it again to resume , it will try to get the data again from the server.
If that doesn't work
press and hold any other program icons till the X comes up and delete the stuck Crimecity .
And download it again .

Gaming Will
06-15-2012, 05:13 AM
Update only took a few minutes for me, no problems afterwards.

Sasha54
06-15-2012, 05:14 AM
Took a while to download for me but didn't get stuck in the waiting time.

Then again if everybody is suddenly downloading the update with the appearance of scratchers then maybe server issues

Makes sense
I just wanted to make sure it's a CC issue and not an apple thing - KWIM

I'm updating another game now and it seems to be loading

Thanks

Sasha54
06-15-2012, 05:16 AM
just press the loading then it will pause , and press it again to resume , it will try to get the data again from the server.
If that doesn't work
press and hold any other program icons till the X comes up and delete the stuck Crimecity .
And download it again .

That scares me to delete it - I know it should reload with all my stuff but I'm way to paranoid to think it will.....lol

dudeman
06-15-2012, 05:28 AM
That scares me to delete it - I know it should reload with all my stuff but I'm way to paranoid to think it will.....lol

Well... If it's not loading at all then it won't reload with all your stuff either now will it :p

I was apprehensive about deleting it too, but it does, in fact, save your game. If you really don't want to risk it, just install both versions and if one won't work you still have the other.

When I deleted CCHD to fix the ghost avatars in Octagon Alley the game gave me a huge hassle when I tried to reinstall, and there was an event running at the time. Luckily I had CC universal also installed, so when HD didn't work I could still gain access to universal.

Dravak
06-15-2012, 05:36 AM

Look if the loading pausing and fetching data from the server doesn't work , the data is corrupted anyway .

Ok you probaly already have a User ID email optional and Password .
That way , you already very secured , if in doubt even write down your ID number who is im your forum , signature anyway ;)

So best to delete the app (if paranoid wait 30 min) and reinstall , now comes the F word .
First time you start it up , you will only have half your inventory and stats .
No events and probaly one big mess , it is normal , takes around 3 restarts before all data from server is confirmed from server side with your Ipad .
So do not panic , just restart the game with home and again click on the CC app.
Till everything is back to normal .

Already did this so many times , nothing ever broke only thing that ever broke is with the 0g goldtown car , but that was funzio fault !

Sasha54
06-15-2012, 05:46 AM
Well... If it's not loading at all then it won't reload with all your stuff either now will it :p

I was apprehensive about deleting it too, but it does, in fact, save your game. If you really don't want to risk it, just install both versions and if one won't work you still have the other.

When I deleted CCHD to fix the ghost avatars in Octagon Alley the game gave me a huge hassle when I tried to reinstall, and there was an event running at the time. Luckily I had CC universal also installed, so when HD didn't work I could still gain access to universal.

I deleted my non HD version and it is re-loading now

iteachem
06-15-2012, 06:04 AM
Any update?

Sasha54
06-15-2012, 06:19 AM
Look if the loading pausing and fetching data from the server doesn't work , the data is corrupted anyway .

Ok you probaly already have a User ID email optional and Password .
That way , you already very secured , if in doubt even write down your ID number who is im your forum , signature anyway ;)

So best to delete the app (if paranoid wait 30 min) and reinstall , now comes the F word .
First time you start it up , you will only have half your inventory and stats .
No events and probaly one big mess , it is normal , takes around 3 restarts before all data from server is confirmed from server side with your Ipad .
So do not panic , just restart the game with home and again click on the CC app.
Till everything is back to normal .

Already did this so many times , nothing ever broke only thing that ever broke is with the 0g goldtown car , but that was funzio fault !

I deleted my non HD and re-loaded it. You are correct - when it came up my tire event was gone - and no scratchers!
I was fuming as I walked from the train and was going to tear Funzio a new one - like they care. However I closed my Ipad down and now it came up with everything normal.

I guess I will now do that on my HD version.

However - I must be really dumb - that's just a retorical statement - no need to comment, BUT I don't see how you play the scratchers. It came up - said I won 500 R's or something - asked me if I wanted to buy with gold - I didn't - so what happens now - does that just pop up tomorrow? There was a screen with a bunch of stuff but didn't look like there was any action to be taken on my part - AAGGGHH!!

iteachem
06-15-2012, 06:21 AM
You will get another free scratcher tomorrow, so the benefit is a new chance every 24 hours...

If you want to buy extra ones, it there is a new icon in the store under special for 20 gold.

I deleted my non HD and re-loaded it. You are correct - when it came up my tire event was gone - and no scratchers!
I was fuming as I walked from the train and was going to tear Funzio a new one - like they care. However I closed my Ipad down and now it came up with everything normal.

I guess I will now do that on my HD version.

However - I must be really dumb - that's just a retorical statement - no need to comment, BUT I don't see how you play the scratchers. It came up - said I won 500 R's or something - asked me if I wanted to buy with gold - I didn't - so what happens now - does that just pop up tomorrow? There was a screen with a bunch of stuff but didn't look like there was any action to be taken on my part - AAGGGHH!!

Dravak
06-15-2012, 06:24 AM
Yes when you start it up first time most people , just hit reveal all , well you can be lucky and win all .

But scratcher is beter played by scratching something ;)
It is in special next to the crates , buy one scratch card and scratch one of the 6 things till you get matching sets , there is a INFO just like crates that explains all the prices .
Highest always win , so you cannot get lowest and mid and highest when you have 5 of a kind .

Wait till tommorow or spent 20 gold , just don't get addicted sasha ;)

iteachem
06-15-2012, 06:26 AM
But scratcher is beter played by scratching something ;)

Do you think this makes a difference versus reveal all?

Dravak
06-15-2012, 06:29 AM
Do you think this makes a difference versus reveal all?

hahah offcourse it does, superstition always wins out on luck ;)

Sasha54
06-15-2012, 06:57 AM
Well I decided to buy 1 card since I think I effed up my first free one.

I scratched and got a Flex vest 15/55 - seems OK to me..........