PDA

View Full Version : Crime City HD/iOS version 2.3 is now live!

CJ54
06-14-2012, 08:33 PM
We've got an update! Crime City iOS (Universal) and Crime City HD version 2.3 are now out in the app store!

Features:

-Bug fixes and behind-the-scenes improvements
-The return of the comment block function for CC iOS
-Scratchers!

We love the scratchers, and we know you guys are going to love the scratchers too. Go to the app store and hit "update" to snag the new version.

And as always, if you have any questions or feedback or concerns, send them our way via a reply to this thread or (in the case of technical issues) through the in-game Support contact.

-CJ

PS: if you don't see the scratcher when you first open the update, just log out of the game and back in. It will show up.

Swingle007
06-14-2012, 08:35 PM
Scratchers are great! Only issue I have is my total number of event boxes no longer shows up in the bottom left corner of the screen. The little tire icon is there, but no number next to it.

G Wiz
06-14-2012, 08:37 PM
hey Cj thanks for the info bro.

I guess nothing for the CC monsters then huh? Nonetheless, good stuff!

Spartacus
06-14-2012, 08:38 PM
Scratchers are great! Only issue I have is my total number of event boxes no longer shows up in the bottom left corner of the screen. The little tire icon is there, but no number next to it.

Reload your game. Should be fixed.

iteachem
06-14-2012, 08:40 PM
Reload your game. Should be fixed.

Reloaded about 10 times and no count. Works fine on non hd, but on hd version no count

cookie monster
06-14-2012, 08:40 PM
Is there a time table when this will be available for Droid?

Spartacus
06-14-2012, 08:44 PM
Reloaded about 10 times and no count. Works fine on non hd, but on hd version no count

Oh sorry, I'm using non HD.

dudeman
06-14-2012, 08:47 PM
Any special reason why CCHD was downgraded? Loot shows up as those dumb little loot bags instead of the actual item. This includes event boxes.

The event icon no longer shows the number of boxes on hand. No amount of shutting down/reloading is fixing this.

CJ54
06-14-2012, 08:47 PM

I've let the team know.

iteachem
06-14-2012, 08:50 PM
I've let the team know.

Thanks... It shows the count when clicking on the box on the timer screen so not a big issue

doinkent
06-14-2012, 08:52 PM
so what happens after the timer ends on the scratchers? just the items change? or is it like an event it just stops and we wait for the next one?

dudeman
06-14-2012, 08:53 PM
Will the beta testers who glitched their way to hundreds of super powerful weapons have their inventories adjusted?

tiltonsaye
06-14-2012, 09:52 PM
I updated my version today and now when I load it tells me that the file is corrupt and to uninstall the game and then reinstall. I have done that twice now and it is doing the same thing each time. I have a Samsung Galaxy S1 that I am trying to run it on. Any ideas on where to go from here?

tiltonsaye
06-14-2012, 10:01 PM
My appologies, the actual error message is: "Crime City wasn't able to load due to Invalid data! Please delete and reinstall the app to continue playing.". As previously stated, I have done this a couple of times and received the same result each time. I have restarted my phone a couple of times as well thinking that may be the problem, but to no avail. Any help with would be much appriciated. I like this game and don't want to have to stop playing. Thanks in advance.

TRAZ
06-14-2012, 10:18 PM
Submitted a ticket on this one. Installed the HD update on an ipad2 and saw this:

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b23/beckycronis/Crime%20City%20HD/event_blank.jpg

Current event is for Tires. Event is looking for diamonds and everything is zeroed out. Took closing the game twice to get it to display properly. About gave me a heart attack. Just had to chuckle, what else could I do?....LOL. Hope the game doesn't pop up diamonds instead of tires.

dudeman
06-14-2012, 10:47 PM
Submitted a ticket on this one. Installed the HD update on an ipad2 and saw this:

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b23/beckycronis/Crime%20City%20HD/event_blank.jpg

Current event is for Tires. Event is looking for diamonds and everything is zeroed out. Took closing the game twice to get it to display properly. About gave me a heart attack. Just had to chuckle, what else could I do?....LOL. Hope the game doesn't pop up diamonds instead of tires.

I had the same thing happen.

Is there no end to how broken this game gets? Since I started playing in October, almost every update has introduced new content and claimed bug fixes, but all kinds of new broken or downgraded stuff shows up. Every time!

I have purchased gold in the past, but not only is it terrible value (you get **** all for $100), my investment has apparently been for naught because it doesn't even go towards improving the game. It just pays the salaries of people who can't come up with enough ways to squeeze more money out of what could otherwise be an awesome game ripe with potential. Also consider the lack of respect for customers, the frequent misinformation, the lack of transparency, official statements that are clear as mud, and an apparent inability to grasp proper use of the English language...

I have lost all respect for Funzio at this point. :rolleyes:

Swingle007
06-14-2012, 10:54 PM

Is there no end to how broken this game gets? Since I started playing in October, almost every update has introduced new content and claimed bug fixes, but all kinds of new broken or downgraded stuff shows up. Every time!

I have purchased gold in the past, but not only is it terrible value (you get **** all for $100), my investment has apparently been for naught because it doesn't even go towards improving the game. It just pays the salaries of people who can't come up with enough ways to squeeze more money out of what could otherwise be an awesome game ripe with potential. Also consider the lack of respect for customers, the frequent misinformation, the lack of transparency, official statements that are clear as mud, and an apparent inability to grasp proper use of the English language...

Well Dude, it's like ya said....you are getting closer to "winning" every day... ;-)

kill'em all
06-15-2012, 12:28 AM
nm...i found out!!! haha

Feng1234
06-15-2012, 01:36 AM
Devs: think the bottom edge of the borders around weapons etc are cut off in HD.

PS my support ticket remains unanswered after nearly a week....

Bala82
06-15-2012, 03:50 AM
When will this update be available for android user ?

Max Power
06-15-2012, 04:53 AM
CJ, you guys should do a better job of explaining everything about how Scratchers work in the info button, judging from all the questions here.

dudeman
06-15-2012, 05:14 AM
When are you guys (Funzio/Conzio) going to fix the list scrolling bug in CCHD? If I have more than 4 mafia requests I can scroll down two names and when I release the screen the list jumps right back to the top.

This bug is months old and did receive a half ass fix... I can scroll my mafia MEMBERS list since the fix, but the requests list has still been ignored for whatever excuse. One forum member here has an accurate definition of "excuses" in their signature.

BrodawgCanada
06-15-2012, 05:32 AM
How offer do u get to scratch?? One a day or every hour??

Swingle007
06-15-2012, 05:36 AM
Looks like we will get one after midnight each day at no cost. I'm in the central time zone and got mine at 2am. If you don't want to wait for your daily free one, just head to the special section in the store and buy all u want for 20g each. :-)

xXSycoXx
06-15-2012, 06:09 AM

Completely close the app and from the bottom of the screen when you double tap home button click on the CC icon and close there too. Reopen app and it be fine worked for me

dudeman
06-15-2012, 06:25 AM
Completely close the app and from the bottom of the screen when you double tap home button click on the CC icon and close there too. Reopen app and it be fine worked for me

Yeah, I did that last night. The event went back to mostly normal, but that's not really the point. Still a bunch of new problems or stuff that was downgraded from 2.2. Why the change from actual loot and event boxes to those dumb little loot bags? I mean ffs, it's HD and they remove that kind of stuff? Still can't see decorations except for in your own hood? Why do they even waste their time doing anything with an HD version when it won't even show the graphics that should be in HD in the first place? Just.... :rolleyes: seems like a pointless waste of effort when they could obviously use the time for more important issues, like actually fixing bugs (mafia request list is still f'd) or fixing the event issues we have been seeing lately.

Swifty
06-15-2012, 07:31 AM
Funzio is working overtime to fix everything with a crack team of software engineers (Funzio-speak for one guy working in his Mom's basement).

DenZ1
06-15-2012, 07:59 AM
What's up with that cash reward? Can it be removed from all sources? Its just a joke in our face. Can't find anymore useless item in the whole game (enhanced bikes maybe :) ). $10,000 reward for 20G spent, really?? I doubt anybody would get $100M.. ever..

azer
06-15-2012, 08:21 AM
My appologies, the actual error message is: "Crime City wasn't able to load due to Invalid data! Please delete and reinstall the app to continue playing.". As previously stated, I have done this a couple of times and received the same result each time. I have restarted my phone a couple of times as well thinking that may be the problem, but to no avail. Any help with would be much appriciated. I like this game and don't want to have to stop playing. Thanks in advance.

i've exactely the same problem with my GALAXY TAB:(
what i must do to resolve this problem?
anybody knows?

Crime City Mark
06-15-2012, 10:38 AM
I'll have a final spec for scratchers shortly and will post a guide / FAQ page. I'm also going to create a page for outstanding issues with the latest patch. Please stand by.

Babytway
06-15-2012, 10:59 AM
thanks alot CC Mark, we appreciate all the work.

Dr. Dengus
06-15-2012, 12:27 PM
Tire box event disappeared and reappeared after a few exits, thank god lol. Would have been lame to end the event stuck on 8 with a couple days left.

GazLegend
06-15-2012, 03:31 PM
Event is still there but there's no number of boxes on display and can't seem for get any from ma Shang

cwracing
06-15-2012, 04:17 PM
Thank you!!!! I can finally see buildings. :D
My boxes disappeared for a few exits as well but came back after the third or fourth time re-opening the app.

tiltonsaye
06-15-2012, 09:34 PM

It's working now. Thank you!

Whyte Realdeal
06-16-2012, 03:47 AM
What's up with that cash reward? Can it be removed from all sources? Its just a joke in our face. Can't find anymore useless item in the whole game (enhanced bikes maybe :) ). $10,000 reward for 20G spent, really?? I doubt anybody would get $100M.. ever..

I totally agree! Money is so useless unless your at levels below120. You can't buy anything that increases your defense worthwhile nor can money be used to purchase gold(by the way would be nice). Come to think about it the game only makes since when events come out! If u beat up someone, you get a useless weapon and or money that can't buy you anything good anymore. The game is best for new players and or people at lower levels. At my level 167, I see the same people with ridiculous stats and the other half are too beat up.
Funzio... We need some help here! I still remember when I couldn't wait to get a rocket launcher or a bloody ak, now it's like oh well, it doesn't do anything.
Now I only play when there's an event, I just think it should b fun again for all.
Just my perspective!

Babytway
06-16-2012, 08:07 AM
yesterday i thought my scratchers said 5 days left and today they say 2 days left. was i seeing things???