PDA

View Full Version : Best sea unit for the money??

moneybags
06-14-2012, 03:23 PM
What does everyone think is the best sea unit for the money??

bigflan
Inflatable thread closed

manbeast
way too vague of a request man!!!

what are you looking for? attack? defense? both?

lol flan- how bout no.

also, what kind of stats do you need?

CAPT.GIN
06-14-2012, 03:26 PM
Do you have the sea dock yet?

EnjoyLife
06-14-2012, 03:26 PM
Whenever I spend money on sea units, I get the aircraft carrier. I am looking at the end game.

mwmark
06-14-2012, 03:27 PM
yah is this defense or attack you want, do you care about a minimum attack/defense?

manbeast
06-14-2012, 04:30 PM
Whenever I spend money on sea units, I get the aircraft carrier. I am looking at the end game.

this is a very good strategy. i still havent unlocked the carrier or else thats what i'd be doing

06-14-2012, 05:05 PM
this is a very good strategy. i still havent unlocked the carrier or else thats what i'd be doing

Maybe if you have a very high income but if not, you're probably better off with the military ambulance. 5.4 million for 46 defense is absurd. You could buy 64 military ambulances for the same amount of money and boost your defense by 1152 instead of a miserable 46. Unless you have cash to burn, I'd say the ambulance is a much better choice.

SeqWins
06-14-2012, 05:10 PM
Pretty sure they are talking about sea units, not ground units. And yeah Enjoylife got money to burn b.....!!!

manbeast
06-14-2012, 05:21 PM
Maybe if you have a very high income but if not, you're probably better off with the military ambulance. 5.4 million for 46 defense is absurd. You could buy 64 military ambulances for the same amount of money and boost your defense by 1152 instead of a miserable 46. Unless you have cash to burn, I'd say the ambulance is a much better choice.

there is no point in buying military ambulences if when your unit density (defense) is 28 lol

i have 400 military ambulences. only took 3 days to buy them. got 450 sea scouts (w/ UK boost they are better than MA). got over 200 mine launchers. time to buy some carriers.

moneybags
06-14-2012, 06:05 PM
I have around 550k IPH so I was buying carriers as well. But I think it does matter how many allies you have. I have 15 allies so I only use most of my indestructible units and the rest super hornets because I have so many super hornets. I think having a solid defense is more important then a solid offense. everyone hates loosing money and if i am trying to upgrade any of the bigger income per hour buildings then my defense needs to be top notch

siL
06-14-2012, 06:47 PM
Manbeast, your comment on unit density probably are wrong...
While you could get a defensive density of 28, it doesnt necesarrily means that your lowest defense unit is 28 right?
You could still bring military ambulances to battle, depending n your unit spreading...
For example, i have an attack density of above 30, and yet I still carry commandos with 14 atk to battle...
I think military ambulances are a great addition to defence, and if you have a big ally number, it serves you well...if you have small ally number, i will support buying aircraft carrier...

manbeast
06-14-2012, 08:02 PM
Manbeast, your comment on unit density probably are wrong...
While you could get a defensive density of 28, it doesnt necesarrily means that your lowest defense unit is 28 right?
You could still bring military ambulances to battle, depending n your unit spreading...
For example, i have an attack density of above 30, and yet I still carry commandos with 14 atk to battle...
I think military ambulances are a great addition to defence, and if you have a big ally number, it serves you well...if you have small ally number, i will support buying aircraft carrier...

my density is 28 and the lowest unit i bring when defending is sea scouts at 17. buying another sea scout or mili amb would be useless for me.

the guy i replied to was pretty much saying carriers were a waste of money and shouldnt be purchased, i was simply saying, at some point or another you are going to have to buy something with better stats. If you plan long term, you will end up having all aircraft carriers. so in the end, all money spent on anything except aircraft carriers is wasted money because you wont be using those units. for instance i have 500 transports i'll never use again. wasted money.

06-14-2012, 09:10 PM
my density is 28 and the lowest unit i bring when defending is sea scouts at 17. buying another sea scout or mili amb would be useless for me.

the guy i replied to was pretty much saying carriers were a waste of money and shouldnt be purchased, i was simply saying, at some point or another you are going to have to buy something with better stats. If you plan long term, you will end up having all aircraft carriers. so in the end, all money spent on anything except aircraft carriers is wasted money because you wont be using those units. for instance i have 500 transports i'll never use again. wasted money.

How you can interpret the expression 'you're probably better off with ~' as a waste of money is beyond me. I only said I think it's better to purchase a unit such as the military ambulance that offers decent defense for the money if you don't have a very high income and cannot afford to equip yourself with carriers. I am aware that once you have enough money, cheaper units only take up space but that is due to a design flaw of the game(can't sell or disband units). Kind of like not going for the dream house if your first job doesn't pay well, you work your way up.