PDA

View Full Version : More active pvp..

Hassleham
06-14-2012, 01:49 AM
As a purely pvp player, (no missions), i have to say it is getting boring.
No gain = no point in pvp, no point in pvp = people end up quitting.

In order to make people more active in pvp there needs to be more money to be earned. This money should come from other players but people are either piss poor or just protect it with the vault.
Therefore the vault system needs changing. Having a vault that constantly protects a large sum of money just encourages people to camp with a full vault and just keep topping up their money buildings with little or no risk of losing cash.

MY IDEA:
Make people pay game cash to use the vault.

Example:
If you want to protect cash from other players, in order to keep it safe a portion should be payed to "the bank". Let's say this fee was 30% of the cash payed in. So if you had 10M and wanted to protect it, you could put it in the vault and pay 3M to have the remaining 7M protected until you spend it.

This idea would mean that players would have to balance the risk and would decrease the number of players relying on the vault.
This would encourage people to get stronger in order to protect their cash for free and encourage more people to do pvp to try and win more cash.

Sorry if this is confusing, i'm typing this hurriedly, trying to get my idea across as fast as possible before i go on holiday :D

:marine:
06-14-2012, 01:54 AM
Nice idea hassleham.

Q Raider
06-14-2012, 04:24 AM
Must be the zone of players you are around.

I have never had a problem with getting cash from PVP. Pop in for a look, raid if something looks good, give the player a tap if you think there might be something there and if not, move on.

I think you are missing out by not doing the PVE though, there are some serious units to be had if fortune falls your way. Two of my top four items are loot items and the other two are top end event ones.

RedLabit
06-14-2012, 04:52 AM
In my opinion, the game is meant to be played in a balanced way, i.e if we want to have fun. That's why we have to balance PVE, PVP, IPH.

An extreme skew towards PVP action only would get boring fast if things are not going your way.

CounterSniper
06-14-2012, 05:08 AM
Funzio abandoned that idea after its ongoing & continually negative response in CC and created the system you see now.

They apparently liked the overall response from MW players enough to continue the practice in KA.

Maverick50727
06-14-2012, 05:58 AM
Must be the zone of players you are around.

I have never had a problem with getting cash from PVP. Pop in for a look, raid if something looks good, give the player a tap if you think there might be something there and if not, move on.

I think you are missing out by not doing the PVE though, there are some serious units to be had if fortune falls your way. Two of my top four items are loot items and the other two are top end event ones.
Totally agree on PVE. Staging missiosn can earn you the cash. That is how I paid for my 20 mil upgrades I have now. The 30 mil will take more timeing economy and planning.

spectra
06-14-2012, 10:10 AM
MY IDEA:
Make people pay game cash to use the vault.

Example:
If you want to protect cash from other players, in order to keep it safe a portion should be payed to "the bank". Let's say this fee was 30% of the cash payed in. So if you had 10M and wanted to protect it, you could put it in the vault and pay 3M to have the remaining 7M protected until you spend it.

I do not agree, 10M eventually gets you nothing later in the game, if you take into consideration the cost of land, upgrades and high stat units
As it is, we ALL have to think and some risk it, to have money unvaulted to try to save for the next nano, composite, oir rigs, etc.. upgrades
Even players camping will reach a point in which they will have to leave money unvaulted for those upgrades, not to mention the "whales" and by that I do not mean Gold spender, but any players that has higher stat than those in his/her level bracket
I myself risked leaving 7M unvaulted trying to buy my second Nano, did not want to sell any building, then an event started and had to sold a building in order to buy the Nano, which was the right choice at the time, since I got pounded by high stat player searching for crates

I do agree that PVP is not really worth it now days, specially after Funzio Nerfted the BPs,
what Funzio should do if from time to time change the loot PVP drops, mix the current units we get with some nive high stat units like they did before
There are tons of things Funzio can do to make PVP more dynamic, such as increase the amount of VPs after missions, create new PVP missions in which the prizes can be, VPs, cash and VP units/high stat units
that will make players do more PVP to get them
My 2 cents

andymac106
06-14-2012, 12:14 PM
In my opinion all funzio/gree(d) needs to do is to MAKE BETTER LOOT DROPS FOR PVP!!!

Ryans67
06-14-2012, 12:22 PM
yea, these tree snipers are getting old....

Fifth Reich
06-14-2012, 12:42 PM
I would do just give the attacker the rival's defense stats*3 in cash. The rival does not lose anything if the their money is the the vault. The money stolen from the rival is added to the *3 cash.
I hope you get what I mean.
There show also be valor missions for raiding.

JMC
06-14-2012, 01:14 PM
Higher PvP rankings should grant you passive rewards that don't have to be stolen from the other player. Suggested this in another thread, where a certain ranking would net you a guaranteed amount of cash or something if you had the required PvP rank.

I have never been able to obtain any cash from PvP really. Not even when i was in the low levels. So this thing about not getting cash from PvP doesn't change anything for me at all.

Also, Force degradation missions end at 400. I now have no valor missions to complete.
I'll still PvP but my growth will be slowed by a lot.

spectra
06-14-2012, 02:40 PM
Higher PvP rankings should grant you passive rewards that don't have to be stolen from the other player. Suggested this in another thread, where a certain ranking would net you a guaranteed amount of cash or something if you had the required PvP rank.

I have never been able to obtain any cash from PvP really. Not even when i was in the low levels. So this thing about not getting cash from PvP doesn't change anything for me at all.

Also, Force degradation missions end at 400. I now have no valor missions to complete.
I'll still PvP but my growth will be slowed by a lot.

Thanks, I hope Funzio add new missions and increse the VPs, I am in 368, so only 32 missions left for me (good thing I am sort of camping now)

mwmark
06-14-2012, 03:29 PM
yah i hope funzio keeps doing pvp related stuff, thats where i do most of my business.