PDA

View Full Version : Where should I expand next? (pic inside)

Dreno33
06-13-2012, 09:55 AM
I want to expand my waters to fit all available water buildings in as tight as possible and be able to have defense buildings reach them without doing unnecessary expansions (i.e. a bunch of land/water expansions to get defense buildings TWO squares closer, etc)

So, where should I expand next (in the water, or maybe land/water) and for the next couple of expansions to fit all water buildings in?

Here's a pic of all water expansions for my base.
http://i50.tinypic.com/34505fr.jpg

EDIT: next expansion costs 9m
EDIT: also, first time photoshopping two pics together, lol. open for tips!

Ryans67
06-13-2012, 10:14 AM
My base is similar. I have 3 squares of shoreline, and 4 parallel to the shore. You have an extra square of shoreline. I didn't buy that square because you end up with half a sqare wasted. One could thing with your layout is that you can place the oil rigs close to the shore, and defense buildings on the shore.

Your only water buildings are the naval research, dry docks, shipyard, two rigs and two desals. All of those will fit in the space you have right now.

Tate
06-13-2012, 10:15 AM
You will need 2 full water spaces for the oil rigs, and the desal plants Shd fit on what you currently have. Is that 4 spaces I see? If so, drydocks will also fit

andymac106
06-13-2012, 10:16 AM
Expand land next since you dont need any more water

boardgames rule
06-13-2012, 10:28 AM
Dreno how many level 10 buildings do you have and how long before u start accepting allies?

mickymacirl
06-13-2012, 10:30 AM
If you can afford it I'd get a drone flight centre, this covers rigs nicely.

Otherwise I'd say EMP cannons, if you can't afford those use minefields x3, just line them up and place buildings on each side, gives good cover.

Warfiend
06-13-2012, 10:37 AM
If you can afford it I'd get a drone flight centre, this covers rigs nicely.

Otherwise I'd say EMP cannons, if you can't afford those use minefields x3, just line them up and place buildings on each side, gives good cover.

The emps can be hidden on the shore nicely behind the sea boost building and the rigs, and then surround them with the other boosts. That's how I'm doing it, though I need a few more land spaces to get all the boosts around them.

Dreno33
06-13-2012, 10:39 AM
Dreno how many level 10 buildings do you have and how long before u start accepting allies?

I'm going to accept allies back and forth once I level my defense boost building to 10. At this time, I will PvP up to the next money building, then camp until its level 8-ish. Then PvP while i finish getting that to 10. etc etc.

I'm going to try and get EVERY (free) money building to lvl 10 that is unlocked at like lvl 25 and below, beyond that they seem to be hitting into the 100 mils for lvl 10 upgrades, haha.

My vault is already maxed out which is nice, too.

Dreno33
06-13-2012, 10:41 AM
The emps can be hidden on the shore nicely behind the sea boost building and the rigs, and then surround them with the other boosts. That's how I'm doing it, though I need a few more land spaces to get all the boosts around them.

could you elaborate more with the boost buildings placement strategy? Not following. You seem to suggest boost buildings affect other buildings? kinda confused a bit

boardgames rule
06-13-2012, 10:44 AM
Hey thats great when you start accepting allies please add me 827 432 930. I think you might already have my request. Also the free players that camp now will be amazing later. I am now doing that were i am. A free player could survive in whale levels with a hugh encomy by just buying units and attacking if they lose and they lose money but it doesnt matter because of how much money they have.

Dreno33
06-13-2012, 10:47 AM
Hey thats great when you start accepting allies please add me 827 432 930. I think you might already have my request. Also the free players that camp now will be amazing later. I am now doing that were i am. A free player could survive in whale levels with a hugh encomy by just buying units and attacking if they lose and they lose money but it doesnt matter because of how much money they have.

that last sentence was a mouthful. lol.

Anyways, whale territory is only called that b/c of the saying "there's plenty fish in the sea." (maybe not that exact saying, but along those lines for the metaphor). The whales are the gold spenders. And I mean HUGE gold spenders. No economy will ever compare but our economies WILL kick ass against all other Free(ish) players(:

JohnnyR
06-13-2012, 11:21 AM
could you elaborate more with the boost buildings placement strategy? Not following. You seem to suggest boost buildings affect other buildings? kinda confused a bit

He's pointing out the need to protect boost buildings. In the upper levels, there are players who have massive amounts of stamina and will pick apart your base. If they take out your boosts, you can lose up to 50% of your defense.

Nation Boost: 10%
Naval Research (example) 20%
Composites: 20%

Total: 50%

Tate
06-13-2012, 11:34 AM
You Shd ally with WF and Johnny just to check the bases, mine too if you want although their's is likely set up better than mine lol! One ata time wd do nicely, and take a pic for reference

Bronson
06-13-2012, 11:36 AM
I have gone for the cram everything in look so my next upgrade is something like 4m lol

How is going anyway dre haven't seen you around for a while, the mrs takin up your free time is she???

Dreno33
06-13-2012, 12:35 PM
I have gone for the cram everything in look so my next upgrade is something like 4m lol

How is going anyway dre haven't seen you around for a while, the mrs takin up your free time is she???

4m??? lmao mine is 9m hahaha.

Well, not that she's taking up too much time. more like, the forum is less active. a lot of stupid threads (imo) and so I just log back off. Not to mention Business Law summer course taking up a lot of my time.

stricker
06-13-2012, 12:46 PM
hey dr... did you get an Army of One LE unit??? isn't that you anyway??? ;p

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?33159-New-Crates-and-LE-s&p=273917&viewfull=1#post273917

LEs
Army of One - 290a/157d (AKA: Dreno33)
http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af58/rmgboys/MW_glitch/ArmyOfOne.png

Dreno33
06-13-2012, 12:50 PM
hey dr... did you get an Army of One LE unit??? isn't that you anyway??? ;p

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?33159-New-Crates-and-LE-s&p=273917&viewfull=1#post273917

LMAO!! hahahaha thx Stricker(: But that guy just isn't comparable. My stats are WAY HIGHER(:

SeqWins
06-13-2012, 02:14 PM
What are you saving the gold for?

JohnnyR
06-13-2012, 02:41 PM
You Shd ally with WF and Johnny just to check the bases, mine too if you want although their's is likely set up better than mine lol! One ata time wd do nicely, and take a pic for reference

Heh, my base is a mess, lemme clean up first, lol! Same strat as Bron over here, cept my next upgrade is probably 3.5 mil or so.
No defense buildings for me actually, I think the time has come to implement them though...

Dreno33
06-13-2012, 03:16 PM
What are you saving the gold for?

composite (250)

SeqWins
06-13-2012, 03:25 PM
composite (250)

Good choice you won't regret it...one of the best investments I've made...

albeezy
06-14-2012, 07:32 AM
@Dreno How about expanding your level? It should only cost you about 4 EXP points! Level 7, that's funny! Come on up to the big boys levels (100+) and get beat around like the rest of us! I only do missions on my KA account when events are running and I am at level 27. I dont know how you can do it.

Dreno33
06-14-2012, 07:54 AM
@Dreno How about expanding your level? It should only cost you about 4 EXP points! Level 7, that's funny! Come on up to the big boys levels (100+) and get beat around like the rest of us! I only do missions on my KA account when events are running and I am at level 27. I dont know how you can do it.

lol you don't know me very well yet, do you? look at my sig, third line. Click the "Clicky"s. Economy all the way(:

albeezy
06-14-2012, 09:41 AM
lol you don't know me very well yet, do you? look at my sig, third line. Click the "Clicky"s. Economy all the way(:
I have seen people comment on your technique here before. If it is all about the economy I dont see how being at low levels helps. Everyone else is leveling up their economy also, and they also have money building that you do not have.

But hey, props to you for your patience!

Dreno33
06-14-2012, 09:50 AM
I have seen people comment on your technique here before. If it is all about the economy I dont see how being at low levels helps. Everyone else is leveling up their economy also, and they also have money building that you do not have.

But hey, props to you for your patience!

being at low levels is like being able to continue to play a sport in the smaller league as you get to increase in strength and ability through time. Of course there is a limit, so that is when I will move to a higher division. Then I increase in strength as no other lil kid can reach my height.

As I continue this, by the time I reach the lvl 60s and up, I can just flick others around(: Besides the ones that use steroids (those are the gold spender :P)