PDA

View Full Version : Stealth Boat

Ryan5100
06-13-2012, 09:53 AM
Is the Stealth Boat worth buying? i need to buy some different units so when i unlock SS Drones I dont take them into battle and im not sure what i should buy

Arizona
06-13-2012, 11:12 AM
Is the Stealth Boat worth buying? i need to buy some different units so when i unlock SS Drones I dont take them into battle and im not sure what i should buy
Stealth Boat (22/19).
SS Drone (8/30)
With 335 allies , you probably already have enough units coming ahead of the SS drones. It's unlikely they're going to be brought into battle. As you rightly don't want them to join an attack, find out what the last units are you're bringing to fight. Buy units with a greater attack value than those, and clearly above 8, in order to keep the drones out.
Hard to give you specific units as I don't know the make up of your forces or your flag and any boost buildings.

Ryan5100
06-13-2012, 11:18 AM
Stealth Boat (22/19).
SS Drone (8/30)
With 335 allies , you probably already have enough units coming ahead of the SS drones. It's unlikely they're going to be brought into battle. As you rightly don't want them to join an attack, find out what the last units are you're bringing to fight. Buy units with a greater attack value than those, and clearly above 8, in order to keep the drones out.
Hard to give you specific units as I don't know the make up of your forces or your flag and any boost buildings.My last unit i bring is the a10 warthog, 7/5. i need 6 more units to buy so i wouldnt bring the SS Drone into battle. flag is Russia and all my boost buildings are 1 except airship hangar its level 2.

Thief
06-13-2012, 11:59 AM
While i can't Reccomend what unit will make up good stats for your army i will say that i would make sure i have a good surplus of units with higher than 9 offense so that if an "pvp event" rolls around you won't have to worry about ever taking them into battle with you. The Stealth boat if i remember was $750k so if you start to loose alot you won't be able to instantly replace.

My reccomendation make sure you have some SEALS 10/10 ($54K) to Cover any of your losses that can't be replaced of your High offensive units during battles....but some might look at that as a waste of resources.

Ryan5100
06-13-2012, 12:02 PM
While i can't Reccomend what unit will make up good stats for your army i will say that i would make sure i have a good surplus of units with higher than 9 offense so that if an "pvp event" rolls around you won't have to worry about ever taking them into battle with you. The Stealth boat if i remember was $750k so if you start to loose alot you won't be able to instantly replace.

My reccomendation make sure you have some SEALS 10/10 ($54K) to Cover any of your losses that can't be replaced of your High offensive units during battles....but some might look at that as a waste of resources.I dont have my barracks at level 8 so i cant use seals as meatshields, but i do use flamethrower soldiers, heavy gunners and a10 warthogs, im just looking for decent units to buy that dont drop quickly so i dont take SS Drones to battle.

Arizona
06-13-2012, 12:36 PM
No one wants units to drop quickly, and it's hard to say what will or won't. If it's just a case of keeping the Drones out, then you have a choice of cheap expendable units you can replace often.
Your Flamethrower soldiers are no use as they are the same attack as the drones (8), and with the airship hanger at L2, the drones will get called up to fight first.
Next cheapest option might be Submarines at (10/8) or Commandos (14/9)
I try and have a mix of cheaper units that I don't mind seeing die, just to protect the high $ or valor units.
I use a combination of Commandos, Submarines, Mobile Tactical Units, Avengers, Spectres, Eagles, Pavelows.

I think we're allies so drop by and check my inventory to get a better idea.

Ryan5100
06-13-2012, 12:51 PM
No one wants units to drop quickly, and it's hard to say what will or won't. If it's just a case of keeping the Drones out, then you have a choice of cheap expendable units you can replace often.
Your Flamethrower soldiers are no use as they are the same attack as the drones (8), and with the airship hanger at L2, the drones will get called up to fight first.
Next cheapest option might be Submarines at (10/8) or Commandos (14/9)
I try and have a mix of cheaper units that I don't mind seeing die, just to protect the high $ or valor units.
I use a combination of Commandos, Submarines, Mobile Tactical Units, Avengers, Spectres, Eagles, Pavelows.

I think we're allies so drop by and check my inventory to get a better idea.we are allies, i think im just gonna drop about 10 allies or so untill i finish upgrading my airfield to level 10 and advanced airbase to level 6 and buy b-52s viper fighter jets and apache helicopters, then just stock up on submarines comandos and bio warfare troops as meatshields to keep the SS Drones out of battle

Jp lfs
06-13-2012, 06:15 PM
Maybe not as a major part of your army, but the stealth boat IS a requirement for missions in some of the upper level maps. So if you can afford them now, buy a few. If not, then wait until you need them and buy them then. I try to buy at least a couple of each unit when I unlock them if they are requirements for PvE missions. That way I don't get caught short when I try to run a mission.

manbeast
06-13-2012, 07:42 PM
stealth boat has a pretty bad casualty rate. the destroyer is a MUCH better option. you will never lose them.