PDA

View Full Version : SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM... wonderful SPAM (not)!

Arizona
06-13-2012, 06:57 AM
Hello Funzio,

Look at all the spam infecting the General forum. This is getting bad. Can't you get a mod to monitor the forums and keep it clean?

pirates smirates
06-13-2012, 06:58 AM
Thread necro to get them all off the front page?

Crime City Mark
06-13-2012, 07:00 AM
Things that I did yesterday:

Change the human verification options
Delete about 2,000 posts

Things I've done today:

Delete about 1000 posts

If only someone was monitoring things...

Arizona
06-13-2012, 07:02 AM
Thank you CCM. It's good to know things are being noticed by all on here.

pirates smirates
06-13-2012, 07:03 AM
Things you could do.

Employ some moderators (paid and certainly not members off here) and deal with the real issues.

A developer having to mod the forum. No wonder things never get done in the game.

Crime City Mark
06-13-2012, 07:05 AM
Hey, thanks for the sarcasm. Keep making me feel welcome.

Aidan
06-13-2012, 07:15 AM

Lol. Cool mark. We know you're trying your best. At least i feel tht way. Appreciate all your effort so far. Not easy to run a forum. Many seems to think its easy until they tried it themselves. Then they'll know

whiskeybravo
06-13-2012, 07:20 AM
CCM, change the rules for posting to require a minimum post count before you can create a new thread. That would make it a lot harder for the spam bots.

Minimum post count of 10 would work, and wouldn't put a burden on new posters.

Arizona
06-13-2012, 07:21 AM
I do hope you weren't referring to me in your remark. I genuinely did thank you in my post for watching the forum.

Aidan
06-13-2012, 07:24 AM
Think tht was directed to pirates smirates

pirates smirates
06-13-2012, 07:26 AM

I was not being sarcastic. Oh and thanks for the usual pointless and meaningless response.

IF YOU DID NOT HAVE SUCH A SH1T FORUM YOU WOULD NOT HAVE TO SPEND ALL YOUR TIME POLICING SPAM THREADS/POSTS.

You (funzio) launched the forum so please don't try to blame anyone else when it creates you constant work that with a little bit of planning beforehand could have never been an issue.

SeqWins
06-13-2012, 07:33 AM
Uh oh........

Dreno33
06-13-2012, 07:59 AM

hey, do we have mods? I remember that sticky you made a long time ago (i think its still in the announcements, about you looking for mods. Do you have mods? need mods? many of us would be happy to help with that.

If you don't, you should consider opening that thread back up and getting some mods. it would help you.

Corsair
06-13-2012, 08:07 AM
[...]If only someone was monitoring things...

You got what you gave. Good to know you are cleaning things up, but how the heck are we supposed to know you're doing that? First thing this morning half the front page was spam. We (some of us) get that you're as frustrated as we are but cut us a little slack. You're extremely welcome here, some people would love to see you on here all day, especially if you were announcing any updates on the IPH tournament results. :)

Oh, and I see you now added a verification Q&A to post. Glad to see you're fighting this stuff.

banned eh?
06-13-2012, 08:29 AM
This place is great.

Call someone retarded no ban
Threaten someone on here no ban
Bully people no ban
Insult, ridicule people on here no ban
Start thread after thread after thread about nothing no ban.
Criticise funzio/gree no ban

Point out how great a job mark is doing - get a sarcastic comment back
Tell him it was not sarcasm and point out that his work load is all his own creation GET A BAN.

Realise that this is Funzio/Gree (CCM) we are dealing with here - Back on in 3 minutes.

Keep trying CCM I am sure that you will work out what to do soon :)

Luke7676
06-13-2012, 08:36 AM
This place is great.

Bully people no ban

Tell him it was not sarcasm and point out that his work load is all his own creation GET A BAN.

Realise that this is Funzio/Gree (CCM) we are dealing with here - Back on in 3 minutes.

You deserved the ban.. After all you were the sarcastic one. Then Pretty much assaulted Mark after all his hard work.. You are a sad sad person. Now get out of here..

banned eh?
06-13-2012, 08:42 AM
You deserved the ban.. After all you were the sarcastic one. Then Pretty much assaulted Mark after all his hard work.. You are a sad sad person. Now get out of here..

Banned for insulting another member.......................Over to you CCM

Dreno33
06-13-2012, 08:44 AM
seqwins, take that goddam picture off your signature :P. Everytime you post that big-ass picture wil try to load on people pages. All iPhone/ipad users and those on their network will have a slower time loading pages with your posts on it. Pictures slow down internet. just have a link please.

War Priest
06-13-2012, 08:45 AM
This place is great.

Bully people no ban

Actually they do ban people for insults. You just click the report button... I doesn't happen magically.

Ramshutu
06-13-2012, 10:34 AM
Everyone:

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?35813-Forum-Moderation!

Mark, If I could chest bump you through the Internet for the above post, I would.

stricker
06-13-2012, 11:41 AM
Everyone:

Excellent

ANTI-http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af58/rmgboys/MW_glitch/spam.gif

Tactics to Employ CCM!!!

thx for the FYI ram... i hardly ever look at the announcements sub-cat... lol

banned eh?
06-13-2012, 11:56 AM
Everyone:

Mark, If I could chest bump you through the Internet for the above post, I would.

Why? I imagine that he did not see the irony of mocking my sarcasm by being sarcastic himself. If you feel that that was the correct response from a Gree employee to one of their customers then you must either work for them yourself or must not be very old.

Excellent

ANTI-http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af58/rmgboys/MW_glitch/spam.gif

Tactics to Employ CCM!!!

Lol everyone thank the person who created the forum months ago rather than the person (me) who by telling him one simple idea (cannot start a new thread until x number of posts reached) actually meant that it happened.

Dreno33
06-13-2012, 12:43 PM
Lol everyone thank the person who created the forum months ago rather than the person (me) who by telling him one simple idea (cannot start a new thread until x number of posts reached) actually meant that it happened.

What mental illness do you have? Is there like a Chronic Liar diagnosis for you? You've said in this thread back and forth how you weren't be sarcastic to CCM, WHICH YOU WERE. You then COMPLETELY lie about the above remark saying it was YOUR IDEA (look below for original). You're a fµcking idiot, IP ban please, we could use less of your kind (I shall call you Santa).

CCM, change the rules for posting to require a minimum post count before you can create a new thread. That would make it a lot harder for the spam bots.

Minimum post count of 10 would work, and wouldn't put a burden on new posters.

Here's the man who gave the idea. TY whiskeybravo.

Ip eh?
06-13-2012, 01:39 PM
What mental illness do you have? Is there like a Chronic Liar diagnosis for you? You've said in this thread back and forth how you weren't be sarcastic to CCM, WHICH YOU WERE. You then COMPLETELY lie about the above remark saying it was YOUR IDEA (look below for original). You're a fµcking idiot, IP ban please, we could use less of your kind (I shall call you Santa).

Here's the man who gave the idea. TY whiskeybravo.

Draino.....

Ok back again lol. I have been pirates smirates and banned eh? Below is the quote I made to Mark.

Things you could do. Employ some moderators (paid and certainly not members off here) and deal with the real issues.
A developer having to mod the forum. No wonder things never get done in the game.

Can you explain to me what in those remarks has anything remotely near sarcasm attached to it?

Pirates smirates (me) made the below quote in a post 2 days before the one you quote in the GOLD BAN THREAD

If Gree or Funzio as it was cared in one bit about the opinions on here then they would run a decent forum. They would have moderators on 24/7,threads would be merged, you would have to have a minimum of 100 posts before you could start a thread, Moderators would be in charge of polls, users would be engaged, there would be direction, communication would be fluid, explanations would come quickly and show an end objective.

That is where the idea came from. drop a zero make it only 10 posts :)

IP ban you really have no idea how the internet works, do you? IP ban my arse. And my kind? you must be a closet racist with terminology like that.

So for an attempt at putting me in my place. Grade E must try harder. ;)

SeqWins
06-13-2012, 01:42 PM
seqwins, take that goddam picture off your signature :P. Everytime you post that big-ass picture wil try to load on people pages. All iPhone/ipad users and those on their network will have a slower time loading pages with your posts on it. Pictures slow down internet. just have a link please.

Took it down, wasn't intended for it to show but for it to be a link, somehow along the way it changed but it was unintentional. Either ways I don't need **** from you, I'm not Gin so come correct next time.

Speed ump
06-13-2012, 02:39 PM
Pirates/ip, it seems you have anger issue with everyone. Reply constructively if you expect to be taken seriously. Cc mark is the one who we have to deal with here. Let him speak, point out where you might agree or disagree without being ugly. Sorry if everything dosnt get done the way you would like, where have I heard that before. If something frustrates you, feel free to talk about it, just don't jump don't someone's throat about it. If someone starts yelling at me, and getting ugly, while they are trying to get me to do something. I'm going to clam up and walk away. That dosnt accomplish anything.

bigflan
06-13-2012, 03:01 PM
Come on 8 more posts to a thread

Dreno33
06-13-2012, 03:15 PM
Took it down, wasn't intended for it to show but for it to be a link, somehow along the way it changed but it was unintentional. Either ways I don't need **** from you, I'm not Gin so come correct next time.

not trying to sound like a d!ck. I was listening to some death metal, the vibe mustve came through the post. hahahahah

Dockman
06-14-2012, 06:12 AM
What in the world is death metal? Is it anything like Bluegrass or C&W?

Poopenshire
06-14-2012, 06:15 AM
What the heck is bluegrass and C&W? Are those rare mental diseases?

Jhoemel
06-14-2012, 06:31 AM

is that some kind of grass? looks like dreno is into metal rock

Dreno33
06-14-2012, 07:09 AM

What the heck is bluegrass and C&W? Are those rare mental diseases?

is that some kind of grass? looks like dreno is into metal rock

lol. i sense sarcasm... hahahah